Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Neither were trying to copy one another, both just happened to be games that had the same basic archetypes for their two main leads; older and troubled adult, paired up with a young and somewhat inexperienced kid, and circumstances that lead both into a surrogate father-daughter kind of relationship by the end of the story.

Melton23 posted: »

So then how would the walking dead devs know that they should copy from TLOU if it was still in development?

• Aasim should’ve been the leader of the school instead of Violet.

• Why would you want him to be the coordinator? He's so LAME.

Aasim should’ve been the leader of the school instead of Violet.

• Lily's actually a pretty good person. Everyone's just on her bad side.

• He always tries to get things done, and that’s what’s most important in the apocalypse.

Dex-Starr posted: »

Why would you want him to be the coordinator? He's so LAME.

• Yeah, a number of people expected that.

I kinda wanna do an aspiration or two on that sometime.

Aasim should’ve been the leader of the school instead of Violet.

• And that's part of why he'd make the most efficient leader.

@Lily's actually a pretty good person. Everyone's just on her bad side.

She was anyway.

Why would you want him to be the coordinator? He's so LAME.

• Aasim x Ruby is the only ship I suppport in TFS.

• I don’t want Skybound to be the company to finish TFS.

• Why ? They're the only one who can finish the game,it's either them or nothing.

I don’t want Skybound to be the company to finish TFS.

• As of now, I still find S2 slightly more fun than TFS. That might change when Ep3 releases.

• TFS is mainly taking story cues from Season 2, albeit more simplified and "safe."

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

As of now, I still find S2 slightly more fun than TFS. That might change when Ep3 releases.

• I mean hey, everyone loved A House Divided, right?

No point fixing what ain't broken

DabigRG posted: »

TFS is mainly taking story cues from Season 2, albeit more simplified and "safe."

• Can't argue with that.

Deltino posted: »

I mean hey, everyone loved A House Divided, right? No point fixing what ain't broken

• It’s hard to overlook the flaws in A House Divided.

• This series(and as their posts ironically reveal, the fanbase)'s over-reliance/emphasis on hotheaded, action types were tandem with it's decline and if there's one thing TFS definitely benefited from, it's demoting them(for the most part).

• What, like Rebecca?
    Yeah, those were unfortunately a little rushed.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

It’s hard to overlook the flaws in A House Divided.

• I don’t know man, maybe another company could finish it quicker or give updates.

iFoRias posted: »

Why ? They're the only one who can finish the game,it's either them or nothing.

• I don't want Skybound to become Telltale 2.0

All they need to do is hire all members of the team to finish The Walking Dead Final Season and then let them move on to a better place.

1. Luke bringing Clementine with him to the bridge instead of an adult. Sure he didn’t want to bring Nick but Alvin and Carlos were also there.
    2. Alvin telling Clementine to search the house past the bridge.
    3. The wind turbine scene.

What, like Rebecca? Yeah, those were unfortunately a little rushed.

• I do agree that the Bridge thing probably could've been a choice, as it was also an opportunity to talk with everyone and catch up on what sort of things happened during the time skip, prior to Nick losin a bullet on said bridge.

Alvin telling Clementine to search the house past the bridge.

Not really seeing much of a problem with this one, given that it's more of a favor and opens up a [flawed] hub area, outside of maybe more harping on the entrusting a little girl complaint.

The wind turbine scene.

See, this scene is a weird instance where the intent from a gameplay and story standpoint didn't quite carry over/through properly.
    The original idea was to give the player a complicated puzzle while showing that Carlos has come to trust in Clementine. These are fine things to have, except that said puzzle ended up not being implemented and it requires everyone to put what would be a complicated task for the uneducation in the hands of a little girl.

NOHATCLEM posted: »

* Luke bringing Clementine with him to the bridge instead of an adult. Sure he didn’t want to bring Nick but Alvin and Carlos were also there. * Alvin telling Clementine to search the house past the bridge. * The wind turbine scene.

• TWDG Season 2 and onward should've had an equivalent to the Book of Fables.

• The worst aspect of Season 2 was all the forced attention and importance given to Kenny.

This is admittedly something that I don't really talk about and is even something so unimportant that it only gets any mind from me on odd o

• Gabe’s death was kind of emotional.

• Ava was a shitty character and i feel very sorry for all the people who believed that she had any potential.

• I don't know if i've said this here before but i'll say it anyway

I like both Kenny AND Jane equally.

• There is no in between. You’re either more on the left or more onthe right?

I don't know if i've said this here before but i'll say it anyway I like both Kenny AND Jane equally.

• Sigh,i was gonna explain myself but i'm tired i stayed up all night and i need to fucking sleep lol,so i'm just gonna say that yes you can love Kenny AND Jane if you want,you don't have to "pick a side" that's bullshit.

But i'm not gonna lie,i like to defend Jane more than Kenny sometimes because i feel like Jane deserve more love than hate,especially after the whole pregnancy bullshit these shitty writers pulled on her in ANF.

There is no in between. You’re either more on the left or more onthe right?

• Well, obviously. That's the whole reason it's there.

...Okay, not THE reason, but that's the function anyway.

Gabe’s death was kind of emotional.

• It took me a fuckin hour to find this

Ava was a shitty character and i feel very sorry for all the people who believed that she had any potential.

• edited December 2018

I actually think Marlon was a good leader and a good person.
    I am fully aware of Marlon giving away Sophie and Minerva, but for all we know, they could have easily been on a supply run and encountered Abel and/or Lilly who forcefully took away Sophie and Minerva.

A couple of questions that arise from that scenario is why didn't Abel or Lilly take Marlon and Brody too?
    I believe that Marlon and Brody could have possibly ran away or hid from the Delta while they had Sophie and Minerva in their grasp.
    As well as that, how did Abel know Marlon's name?
    I believe that upon first meeting each other, Abel appeared to be friendly and non-threatening, just trying to survive, just like he did with Clementine (although he did have a gun, he had it as a way of intimidation to get food, he could have even used the same method that led to Marlon and Brody letting him take the twins) As a way of appearing friendly, he would give his name and ask for the other person's name, so to show a gesture of trust towards them. After that things may have went south, with Abel forcefully taking the twins at gunpoint, leading to Marlon and Brody to run away and escape from him.

I apologize if my explanation does not make much sense, I have difficulty putting my thoughts into words, I can assure you that in my head, it makes far more sense and it all adds up to me, but putting those thoughts into words? That is something I have trouble doing, and I apologise for that

I hope you enjoyed the read :smile:

• I am fully aware of Marlon giving away Sophie and Minerva, but for all we know, they could have easily been on a supply run and encountered Abel and/or Lilly who forcefully took away Sophie and Minerva.

It was Abel and a couple of other Deltas.
    There were people suggesting that this was apparently prearranged, which at least Brody seems to back up.

I actually think Marlon was a good leader and a good person. I am fully aware of Marlon giving away Sophie and Minerva, but for all we kno

• edited December 2018

I need to take a look at that particular scene where the secret is exposed, but all they really are is suggestions, there seems to be a lot more about the trade than we think, and we may learn about what actually happened in Episode 3

UPDATE: I rewatched the scene, both Brody and Marlon came up with the cover story of "they were killed by walkers". Brody also shares some of the responsibility as she was there, but I presume that since Marlon is the leader, he was expected to try and fight back for the twins, and because he didn't, due to being afraid, he was called a coward, and with boys and grown men, being known as a coward is a shameful title bestowed upon them, so I think that it makes sense that Marlon could have ran away, and left the twins with Abel and his group.

I am not entirely sold on the scenario where the trade was previously arranged, as I really don't think Marlon would be very convincing or act in a normal way if he was leading the twins into a trap, I think they would be observant enough and have known Marlon a long time to notice that something is up. Although, that is just a theory of mine, my explanations I typed out don't really do the theory justice, as they make far more sense in my noggin

I am fully aware of Marlon giving away Sophie and Minerva, but for all we know, they could have easily been on a supply run and encountered

• Kenny and Rebecca had potential to be a dysfunctional couple. Or at least for the sake of AJ.

• Ew.
    Alvin and Rebecca had already become somewhat disfunkshunal, though.

But sho, go head and mess round with mo white assholes, Bec. Like it didn't get you in trouble(and dead) already.

Kenny and Rebecca had potential to be a dysfunctional couple. Or at least for the sake of AJ.

• You're talking like Rebecca liked Kenny or something.

Ew. Alvin and Rebecca had already become somewhat disfunkshunal, though. But sho, go head and mess round with mo white assholes, Bec. Like it didn't get you in trouble(and dead) already.

• That's sort of what he's suggesting.

I was more referencing the situation with "Bill."

Fangirl101 posted: »

You're talking like Rebecca liked Kenny or something.

• Ah. Okay, then.

That's sort of what he's suggesting. I was more referencing the situation with "Bill."

• Why do you think she is a bad character? Just curious.

Ava was a shitty character and i feel very sorry for all the people who believed that she had any potential.

• I think Clem's closeness and bond with the Ericson kids is forced. Kinda bothered by the fact they hated her, kicked her out, and essentially sentenced her to die one moment, only for them to be family again after like 5 minutes of coming back.

I think it'd be funny if after Louis/Violet and the others get kidnapped, Clem talks to AJ the next morning and goes "actually I changed my mind. I'm not rescuing any of these fucking kids. I barely know them. And you've healed up. Let's leave this mess".

And as the player I just don't think there's actually anything there for me as the player to feel any real bond.

I have a feeling leaving the Ericson school will be a choice during the finale.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.