Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Paige is totally memorable.

• In and of herself?

Paige is totally memorable.

• yus

DabigRG posted: »

In and of herself?

• Huh. Mind going into that a bit, for the unfamiliar?

yus

• Also yes, because the amount of people who are in any way interested in her character roughly lines up with how many of them also explored her dialogue and the Fairbanks household as best they could. But for you, sure.

Leaving aside the fact that she's gay (which had to be confirmed by word of the staff), she has hilarious dialogue after you start getting friendly with her, can easily leave the Fairbanks when they (or rather Sam, who I doubt James and Alex would willingly part with) choose to stay and fend Norma off even though it's essentially suicidal BUT decides to stay anyway, has a cool design (at least in my opinion), may have been an abuse victim because her parents neglected her (and she's somewhat suicidal) but survived, is a pretty good shot despite what she says, is sensible when it comes to safety and arguments, and she has quite a bit of determinant dialogue based on how Michonne acts around her.

Huh. Mind going into that a bit, for the unfamiliar?

• Also yes, because the amount of people who are in any way interested in her character roughly lines up with how many of them also explored her dialogue and the Fairbanks household as best they could. But for you, sure.

To be fair, I still don't own Michonne, much less played it. It's just a long while since I watched a playthrough.

Leaving aside the fact that she's gay (which had to be confirmed by word of the staff),

And with that, a piece of cornbread went hit my desk.
    I do remember being linked to the post with that a while back though, along with Sam actually being 22.

she has hilarious dialogue after you start getting friendly with her,

I'd have to seek it out to know what you're referencing.

can easily leave the Fairbanks when they (or rather Sam, who I doubt James and Alex would willingly part with) choose to stay and fend Norma off even though it's essentially suicidal BUT decides to stay anyway

Yeah

has a cool design (at least in my opinion),

Hm.

may have been an abuse victim because her parents neglected her (and she's somewhat suicidal) but survived,

Oh yeah, I do vaguely recall something to that effect, now that you mention it. Something about feeling like a part of the Fairbanks Family.

is a pretty good shot despite what she says,

I remember someone questioning why she didn't just headshot Norma to begin with considering how easily she snipes Gabby/Jonas.

is sensible when it comes to safety and arguments,

Mm

and she has quite a bit of determinant dialogue based on how Michonne acts around her.

As every character should.

You know what, you're right: she really is a pretty good character, all things considered. Thanks for explanation!

Also yes, because the amount of people who are in any way interested in her character roughly lines up with how many of them also explored h

• edited April 2018

Cracks knuckes My time has come. And it's my first post within the community!

1. I really liked Javier. More than Clem. By this, I mean I felt as he was a better/more fun character to play as, and he honestly feels like Luke done right. He feels more like a "big brother" to Clementine than Luke ever did.
    2. I am on the fence about Luke. I like him, but god he had some shit moments.
    3. I really do not like Christa.
    4. I also absolutely hate Kenny.
    5. I would not mind Clementine dying as long as it is done correctly. AKA it needs to not be a bullshit death.
    6. I don't hate Jane.
    7. I don't mind Clementine having a romance, just... I do not ship her and Gabe.
    8. Lee needs to stay dead, please.
    9. Sarah's death didn't affect me at all.
    10. Season 3 is my favorite season, but I do admit it has problems.

Edit: Another one I just thought of! I do not hate Gabe at all, poor boy just wanted to show he was useful. :'(

• the walking dead season 1 ending wasn't that great.
    hell, most of the season 2 endings got me more choked up than season 1.

• Katjaa is boring.

• Gonna agree with you there. Not a very memorable character and there just wasn't a lot to her.

Katjaa is boring.

• Clem should be LGBT but not sexual. Even if she got hormonal over anyone, she doesn't seem like the type to want sex even in adulthood unless the threat of walkers was removed entirely, but she doesn't seem like she would be against, like, being romantic with women solely because they're female and whatnot. (that, and it would be nice to see who actually cares about Clem if she ends up being trans or gay)

Also, people need to stop saying that she's not black just because she's not dark-skinned.

• Clementine should be gender neutral in TFS. I can not understand this tinge that some have of her being LGBT, as if that were fundamental to her development as a character. Perhaps, signs of modern times?

• Definitely signs of modern times!

Firefox1972 posted: »

Clementine should be gender neutral in TFS. I can not understand this tinge that some have of her being LGBT, as if that were fundamental to her development as a character. Perhaps, signs of modern times?

• Yeah, regardless the Belgian accent and being a veterinarian rather than a plain doctor, she's ultimately just "Kenny's wife."

AgentZ46 posted: »

Gonna agree with you there. Not a very memorable character and there just wasn't a lot to her.

• that's like asking why folks are obsessed with her being black

Definitely signs of modern times!

• I really enjoyed The Walking Dead: A New Frontier! I think the Ending set up for an exciting Episode 1 of The Final Season!

• Duck seemed like a nice kid and with the right person to guide him, he could have grown up and become strong ??‍♀️

• Yeah ... but eat Telltale's craze in killing characters casuistically, it's gone the way we saw it. Although I found it a shocking end to Duck.

Leegendary posted: »

Duck seemed like a nice kid and with the right person to guide him, he could have grown up and become strong ??‍♀️

• The fanbase is almost as guilty for the noticeable shift in the second half of ANF.

• I really like Around Every Corner, which seems like it is not the case for many. It has decent writing, interesting gameplay variety and is 3 hours long but not boring at the same time. Also, Ben's death is much better than in episode 5.

Kenny should have stayed dead. Both of his death scenes should have been more fleshed out with us seeing him being torn apart. And if he dies saving Christa, Lee should contact the Stranger on the radio(or contact Clementine for that matter) cause otherwise Kennys death seems meaningless.

I really did not like No Time Left. It was a short episode (an hour and a half, while every other episode was over 2 hours) with little stuff happening in it. I believe that shorter episodes trend started here, because everyone praised that episode, but only because of the powerful scene at the end. Telltale learned a wrong lesson from it and started making their episodes shorter and shorter with less hubs and meaningful conversations in them.

I believe killing Lee was a mistake (maybe a popular opinion, but anyway), neither Clem nor Javi work properly as his replacement. The ending should have been Lee losing Clem in the herd. He looks for her but in vain. Season 2 starts with Lee alone, meeting a new group of survivors in the first episode (to feel the absence of Clementine). Then in episode 2 we meet Clementine, much more grown up and a different person entirely. Then we have to learn to know each other again, almost like for the first time.
    Short version, replace Kenny from season 2 with Lee, and we play as Lee, see things from his perspective. It would have been a very powerful set up, with Lee trying to wake up the Clem he knew inside this new Edgy Clem (something close to New Frontier Clem). At the same time, keep the Jane character who will constantly try to persuade Clementine to do nasty stuff, to stay the way she is right know. And the final scene of the season is the same, you are fighting Jane, but Clem makes the choice herself whether to shoot you or let you kill Jane depending on whether you managed to get through to her throughout the enture season or not. That would be a powerful ending.

• Despite being something of a fashion expert and some people complaining about how he looks, Louis's wardrobe looks surprisingly mundane and kinda like he grabbed what he could that looked good together.

• The whole "This character being alive now is unrealistic" complaint is overplayed, annoying, and somewhat hypocritical at times.

• Season 2 was just as good as Season 1. Season 3s story was good; it was the gameplay that sucked. There is no way they can finish Clems story in just one more season, I think they need a season 5 for it to be complete. but anything after that would be milking it.

• Season 3s story was good; it was the gameplay that sucked.

Eh, I kinda agree with this. About a 6.5 out of 10.

Season 2 was just as good as Season 1. Season 3s story was good; it was the gameplay that sucked. There is no way they can finish Clems stor

• edited April 2018

Let's see..
    Games
    I love Jane and i will never consider her death in season 3 canon because she would never do that.

I loved The Michonne Mini Series,maybe more than Season 2.

I liked Lilly more in season 1 than Kenny.

Luke was better than Kenny and Jane.

I don't really like AJ,he's just a plot device (But i think The Final Season will fix that).

Officer Andre Mitchell should come back.

Kenny should never have returned in season 2, he also ruined season 2, i was so excited with all these new characters and then he fucking came back and i had to deal with the same BS from Season 1.
    As someone said before we didn't need another season of "Kenny is a hypocrite with anger issues who creates dangerous situations for everyone or his temper creates all the tension of scenes".

I LOVE SAMANTHA,and i still don't understand why they made her determinant in episode 3.

I said before i like Lilly and i actually think she's one of the best characters we have seen in this whole series,she's a caring person who opens up to Lee (if you side with her),and she was trying her best to protect the group (even after what Kenny did to Larry).

Show and comics
    Be careful there's some spoilers.

Comic Carl is better than Show Carl and i'm glad of what happened to him in the show it's better that way.
    I also cried when he died Chandler riggs performance was amazing,and Andrew Lincoln too (as always).

I really wanted to see Negan kill Beta so bad..

Sophia should have been the one to be with Carl in the comics not Lydia.

Okay,okay i've said a lot i'm gonna stop because that's too much lmao.
    I just want to say despite all of that i really love this series (even A New Frontier),love the show and the comics too.

• I respect your opinion but you just broke my heart ?

Maczime posted: »

Telltale should have end Clementine's story at the end of Season 2 (without changing it, just leaving it as an open ending) and assume TNF is an entire new story not tied with what they made before.

• Ben is one of my favourite characters. I get why everyone hates him, but he reminds me too much of me

• I liked Lilly more in season 1 than Kenny.
    Luke was better than Kenny and Jane.
    (But i think The Final Season will fix that).
    he also ruined season 2, i was so excited with all these new characters and then he fucking came back and i had to deal with the same BS from Season 1.
    As someone said before we didn't need another season of "Kenny is a hypocrite with anger issues who creates dangerous situations for everyone or his temper creates all the tension of scenes".
    she's a caring person who opens up to Lee (if you side with her),and she was trying her best to protect the group (even after what Kenny did to Larry).

Agreed.

iFoRias posted: »

Let's see.. Games I love Jane and i will never consider her death in season 3 canon because she would never do that. I loved The Michon

• I don’t hate Arvo. I genuinely feel bad for him. I don’t feel bad at all for his group they didn’t give a shit after hearing there was a baby but Arvo did.

I personally chose to steal from him because it worked for the way I was developing my version of Clementine and I think it makes for a more interesting story where Clem steals from him and regrets it after instead of being the perfect noble person. I also thought that scene was a great character builder for Jane, she was very harsh and threatening to Arvo but afterwards she feels awful about what she did showing that she has a decent amount of complexity and confliction to her character.

Arvo was threatened and determinately robbed, he told his group and as a result they decided to confront Clem’s group. If you tell Arvo about AJ, he shows genuine remorse and alerts his group in a last-minute attempt to diffuse the situation to no avail. Arvo watched everyone from his group including his sister die. From his viewpoint it was unclear that his sister was dead yet. Her body was still fresh and the sound of the gunshots prevented him from hearing the walker moans. For all he knew, Natasha was crawling for cover only to be shot by Clementine.

After the fight all of the blame was pinned on him. He was verbally harassed and physically beaten by Kenny. I understand why Kenny was resentful towards him, I didn’t trust him either but if Kenny was serious about dealing with Arvo he should have just shot him and been done with it. Kenny went too far with his harsh treatment of Arvo. Arvo was tied up like an animal and left in the cold. If Clementine doesn’t convince Kenny to sit by the fire, Kenny ends up hitting him with the back of his gun until he is knocked out.

Arvo starts to run off once they get to the ice but honestly after the way he had been treated he was scared for his life and who could blame him? Arvo running off had nothing to do with Luke’s death. Luke fell in because the ice was thin. Luke’s injured leg seriously handicapped him and he just couldn’t make it.

Kenny continued to verbally and physically attack Arvo constantly making prejudice remarks about his nationality. By the time Arvo, Mike, and Bonnie are confronted by Clementine, Arvo had so much fear built inside of him and in addition to the fact that from his perspective it looked like Clem murdered his sister, he chose to pull the trigger. I was pissed with Arvo for doing this but Arvo had more reasoning than most people seem to think. More than anything I’m pissed with what Bonnie and Mike did. After seeing how aggressive and unstable Kenny had become I can see why they wanted to get away but attempting to steal all of the supplies as well as the truck, leaving a baby and an eleven-year-old with no supplies was just messed up.

Nevertheless, I liked the scene. It was a betrayal that actually had an impact on me. Mike was very likable and Bonnie was slowly starting to come around. Eleanor’s betrayal in ANF had potential but they never really built up her character so it didn’t really have an impact on me.

• The problem with Arvo is the poor writing of events subsequent to the first encounter: you are treated as a thief, no matter what decision you make. someone on the Telltale team clearly let this go blank because he wanted the senseless shooting.

Veeeee posted: »

I don’t hate Arvo. I genuinely feel bad for him. I don’t feel bad at all for his group they didn’t give a shit after hearing there was a bab

• I don’t hate Arvo. I genuinely feel bad for him.

Same.

I don’t feel bad at all for his group they didn’t give a shit after hearing there was a baby but Arvo did.

Actually, Natasha and [initially?] Vitali do try to get Buricko and Kenny to back down, to no avail.

I personally chose to steal from him because it worked for the way I was developing my version of Clementine and I think it makes for a more interesting story where Clem steals from him and regrets it after instead of being the perfect noble person.

I do wish there would've been more focus and consequence with Clementine and Arvo's relationship. But alas, Hijacked by Kenny.

I also thought that scene was a great character builder for Jane, she was very harsh and threatening to Arvo but afterwards she feels awful about what she did showing that she has a decent amount of complexity and confliction to her character.

Eh, kinda.
    Aka Fridge Logic notwithstanding.

Arvo was threatened and determinately robbed, he told his group and as a result they decided to confront Clem’s group. If you tell Arvo about AJ, he shows genuine remorse and alerts his group in a last-minute attempt to diffuse the situation to no avail.

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this particular playout of sequences here.

From his viewpoint it was unclear that his sister was dead yet. Her body was still fresh and the sound of the gunshots prevented him from hearing the walker moans. For all he knew, Natasha was crawling for cover only to be shot by Clementine.

I'd like to point out that Arvo blaming Clementine was a natural response regardless of her shooting Natasha's walker or him potentially realizing she had turned. After all, it's her fault they all ended up in that situation and she was determinately the one to fire the first shot.

Arvo starts to run off once they get to the ice but honestly after the way he had been treated he was scared for his life and who could blame him?

There was also the walkers that were following them onto the ice due to Clementine/Kenny's shot..

attempting to steal all of the supplies

The funny thing about that line--you know, aside from the fact that it's clearly there to make sure you don't sympathetize with their choice--is that it only makes a lick of sense with Bonnie there, since she comes up claiming to have found another one.

Veeeee posted: »

I don’t hate Arvo. I genuinely feel bad for him. I don’t feel bad at all for his group they didn’t give a shit after hearing there was a bab

• Pretty much. And an ending like that is incredibly difficult to come out from.

Though Jane does indeed take his gun regardless of your choice.

Firefox1972 posted: »

The problem with Arvo is the poor writing of events subsequent to the first encounter: you are treated as a thief, no matter what decision you make. someone on the Telltale team clearly let this go blank because he wanted the senseless shooting.

• The flashback for Ties that Bind Part 2 is pretty oddly placed and risks being even more pointless than From the Gallows'.

• edited April 2018
    • season 2 will always be my favourite season, very closely followed by ANF. season 1 is incredible but also incredibly overrated, i find myself procrastinating playing the last two episodes whenever i do a full replay of the game.

• the ANF graphics were beautiful, and so was the plot. i can honestly never get enough of that season.

• Javi and his family had great character development, so did most of the characters in ANF. they were even great characters to begin with.

• Gabe is one of my favourite characters in ANF, probably second to Javi. (excluding Clem, of course) his relationship with Clem is adorable and not forced.

• Clem’s character development is fucking amazing. having her be cold at times in season 3 makes perfect sense. the kids been through a lot. seeing her develop into a parental figure in season 4 by having her and AJ copy her and Lee’s promo picture in season 1 nearly brought me to fuckin tears.

• Carver was a great villain, and he wasn’t wrong about Clem being similar to him, they were both strong leaders. just because Carver had bad intentions doesn’t mean they aren’t similar.

• Kate and Javi’s romance was really well developed.

• I didn’t HATE David, he could’ve been a better brother to Javi, but i didnt ever hate him.

• Kenny over Jane. Kenny over Jane. Kenny over Jane. Kenny over Jane. Kenny over Jane a million times over.

• Kenny is one of my favourite characters out of all three seasons, easily top 3.

• as adorable as the Clem and Gabe kiss is, the best ending is keeping both Gabe and Kate alive.

• Mariana had a good death. as much as i loved her character and would’ve liked to see more of her, having her pick up her headphones and seeing her all excited only to get shot was definitely emotional. making it harder to get right back into the action of the game.

• Luke > Lee and Kenny

• Telltale should forget about season 3 and season 3 Clementine. Forget it ever happened and start again with Kenny or Jane as main characters and a more grown-up version of season 2 Clementine as the supporting character

• Luke done right is probably the best way I’ve seen anyone describe Javi

EbiKazuma posted: »

Cracks knuckes My time has come. And it's my first post within the community! * I really liked Javier. More than Clem. By this, I mean

• I know this is for unpopular opinions but...

Ercajayme posted: »

* season 2 will always be my favourite season, very closely followed by ANF. season 1 is incredible but also incredibly overrated, i find my

• That’s pretty much the reaction I expected.

Poogers555 posted: »

I know this is for unpopular opinions but...

• its ok im just memein'

Ercajayme posted: »

That’s pretty much the reaction I expected.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.