Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• I think you may be getting the normal effects of an apocalypse and being mentally too far gone confused

Maybe, but some are clearly affected a little worse than others.

Regarding Sarah, he should have been able to handle a kid imo. I gurantee you that if Kenny or Jane were not able to handle that situation then people would (maybe rightly) be bringing their mental state into it and saying stuff like "too far gone".

Hold on to his morals for a psycho that would kill him and his friends without even thinking twice? Infact Carver did kill some of his friends and busted Kenny's face up. Talking about letting him live is just flat out crazy talk to me. That is being too far gone, just in a different way to Kenny and Jane at their worst.

Regarding him and Jane, I have seen people blame Jane for the situation but surely Luke is just as much to blame for abandoning his duties and choosing to sleep with her right?

Staying put was definitely the best option in the shootout. All Luke really done was get himself injured in that situation. Had the roles been reversed and Kenny had done that, people would have said he was crazy.

Maybe the last one was a bit harsh yeah, but still, he just sounds like a broken man to me in that scene.

BroKenny posted: »

I think you may be getting the normal effects of an apocalypse and being mentally too far gone confused. I'm a firm believer that Kenny wasn

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2017

Having just replayed A House Divided, here's an unpopular opinion hot off the presses: episode 2 Carver is overrated.

I've seen so many people on here go on about how Carver sucked in episode 3, and act like he was so much better in episode 2, but I'm really not seeing it. He shows up for a grand total of two scenes the entire episode, and he's barely any different personality-wise than he is in episode 3. All the shit Carver does in episode 3? Guess what, he does the same shit in episode 2-- he beats up/tortures people, he kills people, and he tries to manipulate Clementine to turn her against her group.

I just don't get why people act like he's so much more intelligent and compelling in episode 2. I just don't see these 'glaring' differences that people ramble on about. Like, the only real difference between episode 2 Carver and episode 3 Carver is that ep 3 Carver is a bit more violent (and vulgar). And given that he's back on his throne so to speak, it makes sense he would act more like his 'true' self-- the stern and brutal leader/megalomaniac.

• I still like the TV Show.

• The russkie will return. (Arvo)

• The Walking Dead: A New Frontier isn't nearly as awful as No Going Back was.

In fact, as shit and poorly written as ANF is, there's an almost brazenly comedic element the game has that I find just adorable. Not like the trudging depressing slog of awfulness that was NGB.

• Telltale should have end Clementine's story at the end of Season 2 (without changing it, just leaving it as an open ending) and assume TNF is an entire new story not tied with what they made before.

• That's not an unpopular opinion, that's a fact.

Maczime posted: »

Telltale should have end Clementine's story at the end of Season 2 (without changing it, just leaving it as an open ending) and assume TNF is an entire new story not tied with what they made before.

• I wouldn't call that unpopular. Yeah people like to give it shit, but I think it's still well liked.

AronDracula posted: »

I still like the TV Show.

• edited February 2017

I think it was the mystery of his charecter that telltale heavily implied in episode 1 that made fans so excited for carver he gave us a good first impression...what got me hyped for him was the episode 2 trailer...it still is the most awesome trailer for an episode for telltale games (at least in my mind)

Deltino posted: »

Having just replayed A House Divided, here's an unpopular opinion hot off the presses: episode 2 Carver is overrated. I've seen so many p

• I'm pretty sure that was the point. Except he less crazy and more world-weary--forced to face the fact that he can't be the hero/paragon the others can always trust to do the right thing and also protect them, not because he's necessarily a bad person, but because of his limitations as a human.

wdfan posted: »

Luke was mentally "too far gone" starting after they escaped from Carver's, maybe even worse than Kenny and Jane but just in a different way. People just don't notice because of his nice guy persona.

• He comes back, he dies

IonutuPlay posted: »

The russkie will return. (Arvo)

• Yeah, I thought the same thing the moment I saw him show up at the Cabin's front door. I had heard a lot of people preferred him to the other characters and considered him this amazing villain way ahead of time, so I tried to just reserve judgement based on my own experience like I did with Rebecca, Sarah, and Kenny--and I was still disappointed. Even without that hype circulating, he'd still likely be one of my select few characters I put in the Hate category.

With that said, I defintely get why people got so excited about him at the time:

• He had been talked up early on as a dangerous and very smart man that the Cabin Group fear to the point of doing shady things
    • The Grey vs. Gray Conflict between him and the Cabin Group had an air of mystery about it
    • There were a few brief hints at greater characterization with him
    • Being voiced by Micheal Madson
    • After Sarah and Luke, he was the nicest character to Clementine at the time despite his obviously evil vibe
    • He claims to miss Carlos and Rebecca, making him seem more sympathetic
    • He tells Clementine that she shouldn't trust the Cabin Group, who already had illwill built up towards them for the whole dogbite situation and the shed plan
    • He implies that Pete wasn't very trustworthy either, planting some doubts that he didn't really trust Clementine
    • Its inferable/implied that he either knew they were hiding at the Cabin ahead of time or quickly figured it out the moment he started looking, but decided to play coy and secretly investigate either way
    • Carlos suggests that he came alone because likely knew Sarah was home alone at the time but gave up on looking for her in part because Clementine caught him by surprise and leaving them alone to tell the group he was there was all part of some sick game on his part
    • Those who felt bored in the first half(like @wdfan) got him and Kenny to quickly start ramping things up
    • People who didn't like the Cabin Group got to see him capture them in minutes
    • He tortured Carlos, who a lot of people were very deriding of for being the leader, his patronizing/sheltering of Sarah, and for making logical mistakes despite being set up as very smart (and potentially dangerous) himself
    • People were quick to side with him on the whole baby matter and blame Rebecca for being an unfaithful bitch
    • He was challenged to a dickmeasuring contest by Kenny and won
    • He brings up a very personal beef with Alvin for killing their friend George, rather than for being married to his baby momma
    • He insinuates that Luke was a trouble-making coward who he warned Carlos about
    • The trailer for the next episode promised to follow up on everything the first two episodes set up

Plus, the trailer for that episode is undeniably awesome.

Having just replayed A House Divided, here's an unpopular opinion hot off the presses: episode 2 Carver is overrated. I've seen so many p

• edited February 2017

I was originally all for having him return as a more active antagonist or even an uneasy ally in Season 3, but my interest went down more and more as time went on and we learned more about ANF. It's better if ANF just focus on developing the Garcia's, Tripp, Eleanor, Conrad, and Clementine and David's history with the New Frontier instead of repeating Season 2's mistakes by bringing him back.

Basically, unless they can do something worthwhile and interesting with him in the story without derailing the important stuff, I'd rather he stay MIA.

IonutuPlay posted: »

The russkie will return. (Arvo)

• I suppose some of us did over-hype and proclaim that Carver's portrayal in Episode 2 was superior than how he had ended up in the next episode, but I think it's a result of how some of us felt disappointed and disjointed with his generic tyrannical brute characterization from In Harm's Way, when his more ambiguous and coy persona from A House Divided implied otherwise and seemed much more appealing and intriguing.

I think at the time some of us had really wanted a grey vs gray conflict between Carver and his men versus the Cabin Group, and were disappointed that Carver ended up being less than what most had imagined him to be, and the main reason for the conflict and Carver's antagonism answered no questions and ended up being a distraction from Clementine's story.

Regardless of whether Episode 2 Carver is overrated or not, his portrayal in Episode 2 did help set up a conflict between the 'heroes' and the 'villains' that could have been the highlight of Season 2 and the series as a whole, but then come the next episode and the payoff disappointed quite a few people who were hoping to see more of what the Cabin Group and Carver's community had to offer in terms of backstory.

• edited February 2017

I've just played the Michonne series and got a couple more:

-Video Game/Comic Michonne is better then TV Series Michonne
    -Berto and Siddiq are boring, while Pete and especially Oak are interesting characters
    -I have symphathy towards Norma
    -Randall is a better villian then Carver
    -The entire Fairbanks Family is awesome, even James
    -Paige is an extremly well-designed character
    -The end was pretty bad written, regarding the awesomness of the rest of the game

• edited February 2017

:

Maczime posted: »

Telltale should have end Clementine's story at the end of Season 2 (without changing it, just leaving it as an open ending) and assume TNF is an entire new story not tied with what they made before.

• Can agree with all except the first and fifth because I don't read the comics and the series was too short to compare to how long TV Michonne has been around. I found Paige pretty boring. Never got the hype around her. Pete was actually my favorite character of the series. And the ending choice was pretty bad, although I guess it made sense for Michonne's story, and it does determine whether Sam lives or not. I'm actually pulling for a full on Season 2 of it, even though I know it's not gonna happen because it's hinted Michonne goes back to Rick and the others.

Homerous posted: »

I've just played the Michonne series and got a couple more: -Video Game/Comic Michonne is better then TV Series Michonne -Berto and Sidd

• -Video Game/Comic Michonne is better then TV Series Michonne
    -Berto and Siddiq are boring, while Pete and especially Oak are interesting characters
    -I have symphathy towards Norma
    -The end was pretty bad written, regarding the awesomness of the rest of the game

Not unpopular.

Homerous posted: »

I've just played the Michonne series and got a couple more: -Video Game/Comic Michonne is better then TV Series Michonne -Berto and Sidd

• You sure? I got hated to hell by lots of people for 1, 3 and 4.

-Video Game/Comic Michonne is better then TV Series Michonne -Berto and Siddiq are boring, while Pete and especially Oak are interesting

• The third one is.

-Video Game/Comic Michonne is better then TV Series Michonne -Berto and Siddiq are boring, while Pete and especially Oak are interesting

• Is it? Aside from @firewallvolcano, I don't recall too many people saying they outright didn't like Norma. In fact, I thought the general opinion was that Sam is a horrible person and Norma was just doing her job.

The third one is.

• I love TellTale!

• Gabe should have/had a pet rabbit named Max.

• edited March 2017

Not really an unpopular opinion but I guess two very small pet peeves of mine would be the Designated Hero or to a far lesser extent Designated Villain tropes. Both basically involved their namesake not really acting the part but being treated like they are anyway. However, the issue comes in the fact that this can be applied to nearly anything, which means either the author didn't understand what makes a character in the right or the consumers just overreacted and took a stance they clearly shouldn't. I suppose I should clarify that I take issue with the former more than the latter, as I personally like it when villains have some likable traits and the former tends to be irritating whether it's true or not. Things where the hero grows to be more heroic as the story goes on, particularly Superhero movies, tend to be especially bad about this.

The fact that I made my debut in this community in a way that coincided with basically labeling Jane and Arvo respectively as this should speak volumes.

• The two lesbian-ish chicks were my fave characters...

Jane, and rock climber girl from S2.

• rock climber girl from S2.

Who?

Demonics posted: »

The two lesbian-ish chicks were my fave characters... Jane, and rock climber girl from S2.

• Molly? Jane lite basically. She carried the ice axe.

DabigRG posted: »

rock climber girl from S2. Who?

• Molly's from S1

Molly? Jane lite basically. She carried the ice axe.

• guys the support is taking to long so plz help me out just this once

• i purchased the walking dead a new frontier and i am being prompted to purchase episode 2 even though i bought the season pass i checked the game and it said episode 2 is purchased and it said coming soon and when i went to the playstation store it said episode 2 is 7.99 dollars PLZ!! HELP I REALLY WANT TO PLAY EPISODE 2!!! i went to the support but they didn't reply someone HELP!! PLZ

• ANF should have came out instead of Michonne and Season 3 then could have happened with Clem's story

• edited March 2017
    1. I don't love Clementine as much as other people do.
    2. The games should have centered around Lee. (Like the comics center around Rick.)
    3. I like Javier.
    4. I don't really like Carley.
    5. I don't hate Ben.
    6. I like Lilly. People are too harsh with her.
    7. I wanted to play as Omid in Season 2.
    8. Lee is more attractive than Luke.
  • he was just a normal guy that lost a lot and saw a bit of light, albeit Jane's vagina,

I don't even have words

just wanted to quote this

BroKenny posted: »

I think you may be getting the normal effects of an apocalypse and being mentally too far gone confused. I'm a firm believer that Kenny wasn

• edited March 2017

and I was still disappointed

proceeds to list a bunch of reasons not to be disappointed

u wot m8

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, I thought the same thing the moment I saw him show up at the Cabin's front door. I had heard a lot of people preferred him to the othe

• I can't stop reading all your posts in Luke's voice

AgentZ46 posted: »

I wouldn't call that unpopular. Yeah people like to give it shit, but I think it's still well liked.

• I still like it too, even though at this point the Comics and Game way outrank it for me. My only issue is that they have way too much filler that could be resolved by having less episodes with a little bit more added time. 10 episodes a season at an hour long is perfect for GoT, imo, and could work for TWD I think.

I still like the TV Show.

• edited March 2017

lesbian-ish chicks

ironically both were the only female characters to be seen immediately after having sex with a dude

what? lesbian because they have short hair?

The two lesbian-ish chicks were my fave characters... Jane, and rock climber girl from S2.

• Luke stop whining, I'm getting sick of it

Zambie88 posted: »

guys the support is taking to long so plz help me out just this once

• edited March 2017

I'm not surprised someone with Bonnie as an avatar would pick a strong black man.

Carley is cute, but could have been more consistently written

Ben really endeared himself to me with his conversations with Lee in ep 3

As for lily, depending on what choices you make with her, there isn't a lot to like. But yeah, I actually felt really bad for her.

Fangirl101 posted: »

* I don't love Clementine as much as other people do. * The games should have centered around Lee. (Like the comics center around Rick.) *

• Not quite sure why he calls Molly that aside from the occasional "tomboy=lesbian" misconception, but Jane definitely resembles a stereotypical dike with "feminist" overtones.

Louche posted: »

lesbian-ish chicks ironically both were the only female characters to be seen immediately after having sex with a dude what? lesbian because they have short hair?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.