Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• I can't believe I have to say this, but Tripp is the most pointless/useless characters I've ever seen.

• Gabe was really great in episode 4, and I really liked teaching him what was right and wrong.

• Oh yeah I loved talking about trust with him! Granted I believe you talk about something else if Ava isn't with you.

Gabe was really great in episode 4, and I really liked teaching him what was right and wrong.

• Michonne mini-series wasn't that bad as some people say it was.

The whole Michonne series were really refreshing for me, since I kind of got sick of Clem after season 2. And also mainly because I'm a huge fan of Michonne both in TV show and in comics.

So yeah, my unpopular opinion is that Michonne series was actually good.

• Randall. And at least he had this unique Cajun "charm" to his character, along with having a weird fascination with Michonne. Carver was just Evil Overlord # 203 and the plot couldn't decide who his arch-nemesis was supposed to be even though he supposedly had a beef with most of them.

And Norma, the actual Doomsday Villain, easily trumps both despite that.

wdfan posted: »

The guy in the Michonne DLC (what was his name again) was just a complete loon. I remember giving him a chance to escape and then him chargi

• Agreed.

Gabe was really great in episode 4, and I really liked teaching him what was right and wrong.

• Why did people find it bad outside of not having Clementine?

Findagon posted: »

Michonne mini-series wasn't that bad as some people say it was. The whole Michonne series were really refreshing for me, since I kind of

• Holy shit, my gut feeling was right!

DabigRG posted: »

Note: I haven't played/seen anything from Thicker than Water yet, so this isn't (hopefully?) a spoiler so much as a precaution on my part. This whole sexism thing needs to be nipped in the bud. EDIT:Shit!

• I feel Roman from 400 days should have been the big bad of S2, at the very least not come back as a corpse just to prove how much more "badass" Carver is. At least Roman's enforcement philosophy made some sense and he actually felt like a down to earth guy somewhat.

• Hmm...interesting point.

J-Master posted: »

I feel Roman from 400 days should have been the big bad of S2, at the very least not come back as a corpse just to prove how much more "bada

• edited April 2017

Episode 1 All That Remains was the best episode in all of Season 2. Despite its flaws with killing off Omid and the 16 month time skip/ plot hole, it had done something that the four other episodes of the second season couldn't do; make a Clementine centric episode. The whole episode had focused on Clementine coming to terms with her loneliness, grief and her struggle to survive. It had also done a great job in putting the player into the shoes of a little girl in the zombie apocalypse. We were able to feel Clem's vulnerability throughout the episode when she was surviving. A vulnerability that was mostly lacking in the next four other episodes when Clem had to look after the incompetent baby adults in the group. Overall the episode wasn't a masterpiece but it was a hell lot better than the other episodes because at least the story was focusing on the main character of the season.

Oh and also this episode had arguably the most memorable line in the whole season.

• I'm just curious, why do you hate Tripp so much?

I can't believe I have to say this, but Tripp is the most pointless/useless characters I've ever seen.

• What was the plot hole with the time skip? Also I don't think saying e1 was the best of the season is that unpopular, I'd agree with that anyway.

Yo-da-Man posted: »

Episode 1 All That Remains was the best episode in all of Season 2. Despite its flaws with killing off Omid and the 16 month time skip/ plot

• I really liked that moment when Gabe revealed the truth about Conrad; I genuinely felt overwhelmed by the increasing tension, I was legit scared and didn't know how to explain myself, the first time this season.

• Clementine is worthless in ANF and serves no valuable or meaningful purpose.

• What was the plot hole with the time skip?

The fate of Christa's baby

Jaku2011 posted: »

What was the plot hole with the time skip? Also I don't think saying e1 was the best of the season is that unpopular, I'd agree with that anyway.

• Javier > Clementine

• Not sure if that's a plot whole it clearly died at some point whether it was eaten or never made it out of child birth isn't really worth talking about post time skip considering Christa's frosty relationship with Clem at that time.

Yo-da-Man posted: »

What was the plot hole with the time skip? The fate of Christa's baby

• Roman & Nate should've played a big role in s2 imo

J-Master posted: »

I feel Roman from 400 days should have been the big bad of S2, at the very least not come back as a corpse just to prove how much more "bada

• Kate should stay dead

• I didn't really care about playing as Clementine in S2. It didn't have to be so though since I personally was very excited to experience a ZA from a POV of a very young girl. Never been done before. However, the problem was that in many cases I didn't even feel like Clem was treated like a child and by trying to give us important things to do, they often turned the adults incompetent. It's like the gameplay and narrative became too challenging to balance with each other. It had sort of an... immersion breaking effect on me. The worst was Carver being all: "Clementine, let's bond since we are the same!" while I was like: "What the hell man? Where did you get that idea?"
    Personally, I like interacting with Clementine more than I like playing as her.

• edited April 2017

Because he doesn't really have much of a defined character, that great a design, any relevance to the major elements of the story, much in the way of novelty, or even any real plot devicey purpose in this Season, unlike Mariana, Clint, and Badger. From day one, he seemed like he was just gonna be Kenny 5.0 except doing nothing much to distance himself from the original while also somehow missing the point. And he's somehow gotten worse as the 'Season' goes on, with Above the Law clearly wanting to do something him but arguably failing and Thicker than Water is the breaking point for me since all he did was try to get back together with Eleanor(who clearly wasn't interested since months ago, mind you) and get mad at Javier for stuff he didn't have much control over.

But honestly, I can't even say I hate him since 1.there are worse people/characters out there, 2. I don't hate on characters that easily to begin with(unlike most people, I know), and 3. he's only now become irritating at the beginning of the penultimate episode.

LeeClemKen posted: »

I'm just curious, why do you hate Tripp so much?

• I'm still glad I shot Conrad because it's interesting having Tripp truly hate you and it justifies Eleanor's betrayal.

• Conrad is one of the worst character in the whole series. Seriously I think people have got lost in the fact hes determinant. The character itself is just terrible. The guy is unstable and violent at the loss of his wife and is desperate for revenge. If you dont shoot him conrad immediately relaxes and just follows the group, once badger is dead the guy just wants to leave and be peaceful despite the fact joan the person who ordered the attacks runs the community they are in along with the fact that the community is new frontier the group that conrad hated so much he wanted rid of clementine the second he found out she used to be one.

Conrad is the most extreme example of a determinant character just completely changing personality when saved.

• Conrad is the most extreme example of a determinant character just completely changing personality when saved.

I did find it rather bizarre that Conrad had gone from "I'll kill your nephew if you don't help me hand Clementine over to The New Frontier, and don't think I won't shoot a kid, because I will!" to "whoops, sorry about my little outburst back there, threatening to murder people if I don't get my way and all, my bad, we cool?" in the next episode.

Conrad is one of the worst character in the whole series. Seriously I think people have got lost in the fact hes determinant. The character

• I never played michonne, it's the one walking dead game I don't own but I had to watch a playthrough twice just to understand the name's of the character since I kept forgetting, where that never happened to me with season 1-3

Why did people find it bad outside of not having Clementine?

• Her meaning is to save a 2 year old kid from the new frontier incase you didn't understand the plot. :p

Chibikid posted: »

Clementine is worthless in ANF and serves no valuable or meaningful purpose.

• I played episode 4 3 times now and I understand why Eleanor betrayed javi! She wanted to stay in Richmond after they had overthrown Joan because it was safe there and people trusted her but the rest of the group wanted to get as far away from Richmond as possible. This made Eleanor go to Joan to make Joan trust her and allow her, and possibly Tripp, to stay in Richmond. This is why she sounds a lot more uncomfortable when Joan calls her out for betraying javi if you did not shoot Conrad.

I'm still glad I shot Conrad because it's interesting having Tripp truly hate you and it justifies Eleanor's betrayal.

• I'm just imagining your reaction when Gabe reveals the truth and Tripp is in the background like "Wait, you did what?" XD

Anyway I didn't get that scene but it is a really cool scene.

fallandir posted: »

I really liked that moment when Gabe revealed the truth about Conrad; I genuinely felt overwhelmed by the increasing tension, I was legit scared and didn't know how to explain myself, the first time this season.

• It's because he calms down. The death of Francine was still fresh in his mind and he couldn't think of anything else but payback. Tripp says himself "He's a good man Javi, this is just a bad day for him" That seems to imply that if you give him time he'll calm down.

Conrad is one of the worst character in the whole series. Seriously I think people have got lost in the fact hes determinant. The character

• edited April 2017

this is just a bad day for him

There's bad days and then there's threatening to murder children...

Conrad's behaviour was just way too extreme and doesn't make much sense by the next episodes, where he supposedly calms down.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It's because he calms down. The death of Francine was still fresh in his mind and he couldn't think of anything else but payback. Tripp says

• I hated playing as Clem when it first came out. But the NF showed me why it makes sense. The player will always be biased towards Clem even though it makes zero sense for the character. Which makes choices way too easy.

Fishels posted: »

Season 2 is a masterpiece and is even better than 1. The way they set it up with the end being so depressing and then you being in charge of

• A REALLY bad day then. XD

I get what you're saying but sometimes when people go through something terrible they lose their flippin' minds. Some handle it better than others like Luke. He lost just about everything but it didn't change him. Then there's Kenny who was dancing on the edge of darkness (granted after S2 Kenny does get himself under control)

OneWayNoWay posted: »

this is just a bad day for him There's bad days and then there's threatening to murder children... Conrad's behaviour was just way too extreme and doesn't make much sense by the next episodes, where he supposedly calms down.

• I was just there speechless, frozen with a cup o tea in my hand, having Vietnam flashbacks about what happened with Conrad in that tunnel.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I'm just imagining your reaction when Gabe reveals the truth and Tripp is in the background like "Wait, you did what?" XD Anyway I didn't get that scene but it is a really cool scene.

• edited April 2017

Best example of this is when Pete said something like: "This world will never be the same without Berto" and I (with many other players) was like: "Wait, who the fuck is Berto?".

Melton23 posted: »

I never played michonne, it's the one walking dead game I don't own but I had to watch a playthrough twice just to understand the name's of the character since I kept forgetting, where that never happened to me with season 1-3

• I can't imagine how terrifying that would be on a first playthrough. XD

fallandir posted: »

I was just there speechless, frozen with a cup o tea in my hand, having Vietnam flashbacks about what happened with Conrad in that tunnel.

• Not really you're forgetting how Conrad was before Francines death

• It's because of the shorter episode lengths. Had it been season 1 style episodes, his character would have been much better developed and him calming down wouldn't have felt so sudden. The idea was good but the execution was awful.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

this is just a bad day for him There's bad days and then there's threatening to murder children... Conrad's behaviour was just way too extreme and doesn't make much sense by the next episodes, where he supposedly calms down.

• Clementine fanboys/fangirls who refuse to give anything new a chance really bother me. Season 2 really went downhill when we had a bunch of adults letting a child make all the decisions so I'm glad they went a different way this time around. I like Clem as much as anybody else but not as a playable character.

Javier & Kate 4ever

• edited April 2017

Agreed. Though the plot itself also has a part in that.

wdfan posted: »

It's because of the shorter episode lengths. Had it been season 1 style episodes, his character would have been much better developed and him calming down wouldn't have felt so sudden. The idea was good but the execution was awful.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.