Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• "Sorry I never got you those candy bars..." :pensive:

I actually found all of those lines to be very realistic and humanizing. Clem and Kenny had so much emotion behind their respective lines an

• Reallly? I thought his reception was appropriately middling?

AronDracula posted: »

Kenny is overhated

• edited February 2017

Between the animations, the (however small) choice affectation, and voice acting convince me that more effort was definitely put into Ties That Bind p1 than for p2.

Whoops, trash grammar ^^;

• Fear The Walking Dead is unnecesary to begin with.

• B3st eulogy 3v4r

DabigRG posted: »

"Sorry I never got you those candy bars..."

• Yeah, it is kinda silly. Which is sorta what I thought her character could've been.

B3st eulogy 3v4r

• Not unpopular, but I agree.

AronDracula posted: »

Fear The Walking Dead is unnecesary to begin with.

• I actually like Javier. He's probably one of the few good things about season 3, to be honest.

• I'll just list off a couple of my opinions that I don't see shared too often, here. I think I have a fair few "unpopular" ones. Maybe not, though O.o

• Making the family leave Howe's and just being with Jane is my absolute favourite ending to season two. I think Jane was a pretty cool character, and I really wish we could have had more screentime with her. I preferred her infinitely to Kenny but, y'know. And I didn't trust the family. Looking at you, Randy. You fuck.

• Nick was a really dull character, and I can't fathom why he has such a following on various sites. I wasn't happy when he died, but I wasn't sad either. Just sort of yelped "HE GOT STUCK IN A FENCE?!"

• Sarah was criminally underused. She grated my brown stuff, as my old man says, but I thought she had real potential - even though my Clem wasn't so quick to befriend her. Same goes for Ben in season one - my Lee was initially mistrusting of him, but I saw real potential with his character.

• Kenny returning in season two had me more confused/annoyed than happy, in my first play-through. I thought bringing him back wasn't explained well enough and, as a character, I disliked him to begin with. I refused to hug him throughout the game, in protest (I'm half joking...). I made sure to hug Luke, though. Gotta rep for #TeamLuke.

• I "ship" (shipped?) Jane and Luke. The way everyone else was looking at the baby when AJ was born but Luke was looking over at Jane and you can tell he's like "damn I wanna have a picket fence house and a baby with Jane", but then he falls through an icy lake because "plot" I guess, and then she does get his baby but then she went and killed herself and the baby... I'm not - I'm not mad!

; - ;

enter image description here

Credit to Tumblr user Mimimonart for this adorable thing.

Tell me that's not one of the cutest things you could see happening in the apocalypse. They'd have been awesome apocalypse parents! Just imagine it! "Luke Jaime Junior" with Clementine as a big sister and having Jane and Luke as a mother and father. Just the thought has me happy and miserable at the same time - a beautiful dream that'll never happen :c

So, those are the opinions I don't see too often in this community that I feel most passionately about, I guess. Chuckles awkwardly. Hopefully I haven't repeated any, or said any that actually are popular, heh. That'd be awkward.

Thanks for the opportunity to share some of my - in my opinion, kind of weird - opinions!

• edited July 2017

Nick was a really dull character, and I can't fathom why he has such a following on various sites. I wasn't happy when he died, but I wasn't sad either. Just sort of yelped "HE GOT STUCK IN A FENCE?!"

I didn't think he was dull per say, but I agree. There was just little reason given for me to care about him at first, to the point that my reaction to his death was "Kenny, what? ...Oh, he died." But he grew on me a bit over time in part thanks to hearing people's heartfelt explanations of why they love him.

Sarah was criminally underused.

Agreed, though with the catch of specifying her lack of absolution, vindication, and closure.

She grated my brown stuff, as my old man says

"damn I wanna have a picket fence house and a baby with Jane",

I was gonna ignore that particular opinion, but this was just too much.:joy:

BHBrowne posted: »

I'll just list off a couple of my opinions that I don't see shared too often, here. I think I have a fair few "unpopular" ones. Maybe not, t

• edited February 2017

I was actually proud of Gabe when he had pointed the gun at Conrad.

When Conrad was blaming Javi for the events at Prescott my reaction was "You need to sit the fuck down Conrad."

Gabe did that for him.

• I was proud when I discovered he knows the meaning of a warning shot.

Also, it's Conrad.

Yo-da-Man posted: »

I was actually proud of Gabe when he had pointed the gun at Conrad. When Conrad was blaming Javi for the events at Prescott my reaction was "You need to sit the fuck down Conrad." Gabe did that for him.

• I don't think Jane killing herself was out of character.

• edited February 2017

Personally, I just think it was too easy. On multiple levels.

To quote me quoting Daze quoting me quoting @AnimalBoy:

Where's all the Goth people in the apocalypse?
    Um...does Jane count?
    Did you look into the future and see her suicide or something, what the hell.
    Yeah, that's part of why her flashback was the worst. Like, really? The edgy, too cool for school character finds out she's pregnant, so she hangs herself...how long did it take you to come up with THAT original idea?

I don't think Jane killing herself was out of character.

• That's exactly why.

Personally, I just think it was too easy. On multiple levels. To quote me quoting Daze quoting me quoting @AnimalBoy: Where's all t

• You're gonna kill me with the Luke and Jane thing one of these days, BHBrowne, I swear. I honestly don't think my feels-radar can take it anymore... That would've been my single favourite thing in the entire series :)

I love how in that picture Luke's just completely smitten, and Jane's just sitting there like, "Tch, whatever, you dork... but don't let go..."

BHBrowne posted: »

I'll just list off a couple of my opinions that I don't see shared too often, here. I think I have a fair few "unpopular" ones. Maybe not, t

• Gabe clearly did the right thing. I even shot Conrad for him. I did what Conrad wanted, surrender to The New Frontier for his girlfriend and yet he still blamed me when I just tried to help. He is worse than Bonnie.

Yo-da-Man posted: »

I was actually proud of Gabe when he had pointed the gun at Conrad. When Conrad was blaming Javi for the events at Prescott my reaction was "You need to sit the fuck down Conrad." Gabe did that for him.

• I'm glad season 2 didn't end with a Luke vs Kenny fight.

• Really now? What be your reasoning?

Graysonn posted: »

I'm glad season 2 didn't end with a Luke vs Kenny fight.

• I love the dycotomy between this and your profile pic.

• I just don't see it happening nor do I think it's a good idea for the story. Luke would never do something as dumb as starting a fight in a blizzard or even go as far as to attack Kenny for any reason. Same thing for Kenny, he might get frustrated at Luke's ideas but everyone was treating him like shit the past 3 episodes and really the only thing he did was yell back. It would feel just as forced as Jane vs Kenny (although at least in this case they've had prior conversations with each other). Maybe if there was a differently written scenario but even then Luke had almost no flaws compared to Kenny so the choice wouldn't be difficult.

Really now? What be your reasoning?

• edited February 2017

You're probably right about the choice not being difficult. I have a feeling that Luke would have been saved in a landslide.

Graysonn posted: »

I just don't see it happening nor do I think it's a good idea for the story. Luke would never do something as dumb as starting a fight in a

• As much as I don't want to believe it, some small part of me believes that Sarah not participating in the Observation Deck Defense was intentionally done out of spite.

• Yup. I mean, at release day over 70% of people shot him and that was with Jane! Imagine if it had been Luke? I like Kenny and I walked away from Wellington with him but who wouldn't take Luke if that fight were to happen?

You're probably right about the choice not being difficult. I have a feeling that Luke would have been saved in a landslide.

• Although he understands the meaning of a warning shot, that was dangerous. Shooting and drawing walker's attention or even worse, reveal our position to Badger and the New Frontier. That didn't happen because of plot, but he shouldn't have done that.

I dont say I hate Gabe. I like him a little bit, but shooting wasn't the smartest thing to do in that situation.

I was proud when I discovered he knows the meaning of a warning shot. Also, it's Conrad.

• edited February 2017

I'm really surprised that a lot of people got surprised over this David leader of ANF thing, it was kinda of obvious and cliche, at least to me.

It's kinda funny how some people just don't think about the future of events due to being too uncreative ( I mean, how should I call someone who couldn't predict something idiotic like that and/or be surprised with such cliche plot? easily surprised? ), That's why I think outside the forums people have really low standards towards teltalle game's, due to being uncreative, more known as the customer who plays because thinks the game is cool and literally has no criticism about nothing because they don't care about history flaws/can't notice them and mainly both.

• Though it's been a while since I went through the whole episode, Mariana and/or Badger would probably be my least favorite ANF characters if I had to pick anyone.

• I don't like what Telltale made out of Clem, shes just a generic badass-girl-character.
    • I saved Doug, never thought about Carley again and tried to give him food.
    • I found Luke kinda suspicious, all that being friendly and cool.
    • Until the last second I thought Carver was the good guy in this whole thing.
    • Both Eleanor and Tripp could die in the first Minute of the next episode and I wouldn't care.
    • I have sympathy towards Conrad.
    • Javier is awesome!
    • Mariana is boring.

And, the absolute worst: I absolutely hate the atmosphere in S2 and ANF! Nothing compared to S1. Where's that hole Walkers-are-a-real-thread Part? And why everybody has an Assault Rifle? Too much TV Series for me.

• I don't like what Telltale made out of Clem, shes just a generic badass-girl-character.

Yeah, unfortunately, that's kinda what she's devolved to.

I found Luke kinda suspicious, all that being friendly and cool.

So did a lot of people back in the day. Some with Sarah too.

Both Eleanor and Tripp could die in the first Minute of the next episode and I wouldn't care.

Same, sadly.

I have sympathy towards Conrad.

Agreed.

Mariana is boring.

Agreed, though I wanna say there were probably things they could've done to make her interesting. I like to believe almost any concept can work if enough effort goes into it.

Homerous posted: »

* I don't like what Telltale made out of Clem, shes just a generic badass-girl-character. * I saved Doug, never thought about Carley again

• I might've commented on this thread before, but I don't really remember too much about it and anyway, with ANF, I have some new ones, so yeah...

• I didn't care for Marianna. Now, I'm not entirely sure how unpopular that is, but I have seen many people claim that they loved her and believed that she had potential to be a great character. I completely disagree. We knew her for about 5 seconds and in those short moments, the only definite characterisation she had, outside of being the oh-so adorable cutesy kid, was she had some weird thing for chocolate bars, which is even laughably referenced when Javier buries her...Yeah, I genuinely did not care when she was shot because, when all is said and done, we never actually had the chance to bond or to get to know her.

• I don't really mind Kate. Not saying she's a complex character or anything, but so far, she seems likable enough and as a opposed to the other members of the Garcia family, she doesn't annoy me. Maybe it's just because of the romance options or something, and I'm shallow, but overall, I don't have many problems with her. Just wish she had more to her character, really.

• I don't hate Badger. Sure, he shot a kid, but it's a kid I barely cared for, so it's difficult to build up much negative feelings for the guy. Oh, and he cut off Francine's fingers and then killed her, but again, it's somebody we had barely any scenes with. How can you hate him when all he does is kill off glorified background characters? There's also that he has no actual character, other then just be a typically violent psycho with absolutely no reasons for what he does. I just feel indifferent to him, like much of those in the story thus far, and with the obvious fact he'll die, I really don't see much reason to muster up any strong desire to want to kill him, like so many others.

• I still dislike AJ's presence in the story. I've outlined my reasons for this a few times, but with the new season, it seems those problems are still there. We've still no reason to care for his wellbeing and are now expected to listen to the pure cringe of Clem calling him "goofball" every time he's on screen, trying to once again, impose a forced relationship between the two.

• I believe Lilly's the best female character so far seen. She was flawed, but not irredeemable and without reasons, vulnerable, but still dangerous, cold, but beneath that, you could see she had genuine care for people. I know a lot of people seem to really hate her and even though I'm a Kenny fan, she's one of my favourite characters and I think by far, she's one of the most sympathetic characters in the series.

• I really disliked Omid. He wasn't funny. He wasn't beneficial. He spends pretty much the entirety of the first season with a broken leg, which of course, we have to try to supply him medicine for, risking our own lives to do so, even though it was his own fault the damn idiot broke it. I mean, if he had just jumped when Lee told him to, he wouldn't have fucked his leg up. There's also the added fact he kinda looks like a convicted paedophile. I'm sorry to any of his fans, but his design was just creepy looking, and his character was just an irritating, pointless addition. Really, he's still the only actual character I legitimately hate (AJ doesn't count).

• I didn't hate Larry. Sure, he's a dick and I certainty didn't like him, but the guy was only trying to defend his daughter and in fairness, if I was in his position, and knew that someone in my group had been a convicted murderer, I wouldn't trust them either. Granted, I'm not justifying him leaving Lee to his death in the first episode, but just saying I can somewhat understand his point of view. He was still a dick, though.

• Mariana, Kate, Badger, Larry

Agreed.

Aj, Omid

Eh.

Lilly

Uh...I'll at least say that I've warmed up to her over the last four months, even though I never really hated her to begin with.

OneWayNoWay posted: »

I might've commented on this thread before, but I don't really remember too much about it and anyway, with ANF, I have some new ones, so yea

• With the exception of Departure and Making a Plan, In Harm's Way has the best save chapter pictures of Season 2.

• But he only shoots if you tell him to or remain silent.

Although he understands the meaning of a warning shot, that was dangerous. Shooting and drawing walker's attention or even worse, reveal our

• The hate for Gabe is over the top
    • Clementine is immature and really boring and generic in season 3
    • Nate sucks
    • The michonne dlc was really good
  • The hate for Gabe is over the top
    Clementine is immature and really boring and generic in season 3

Agreed.

* The hate for Gabe is over the top * Clementine is immature and really boring and generic in season 3 * Nate sucks * The michonne dlc was really good

• Clementine is overrated. Since the beginning of season 2.

• Yeah Gabe was a bit annoying at first but after that he's been doing fine imo

The hate for Gabe is over the top Clementine is immature and really boring and generic in season 3 Agreed.

• I hate AJ.

• Yeah, agreed. And those guys saying 'Gabe, stay away from Clementine or I'll castrate you' are really making me cringe.

Yeah Gabe was a bit annoying at first but after that he's been doing fine imo

• Yeah lol Clementine was the one who approached Gabe aswell lol

Yeah, agreed. And those guys saying 'Gabe, stay away from Clementine or I'll castrate you' are really making me cringe.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.