Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• edited February 2017

I'm not too big a fan of the emphasis people tend to put on action and characters being "edgy" and "badass." A New Frontier unfortunately exposes why.

• Sarah is one of my favorite characters

• Same.:grin:

Sarah is one of my favorite characters

• Same

• Me too.

• The New Frontier should've been replaced by Wellington. That way it feels like Wellington amounts to something.

• I actually like Season 3.... I can probably just end with that because it seems like I'll get a lot of hate from the "fans" of the game for actually enjoying the story.

Jane was an annoying character throughout. Never liked her from the start. Probably my least fav character of the game, at least Lily had some guts.

The first half of season 2 was very poor, only the last 2 episodes really saved the game and made the whole story good. It was too much set up to make you like the characters and a reason to stick around with them, but it was all just to make them cool so you'll dislike Carver when he shows up.

Luke first half of the season: Cool, good person, caring. Luke after Ep 3: annoying, untrustworthy and downright dumb at some points and I stopped liking him after.

Ep3S1 was the worst ep of the game, too slow, dumb intos and an added character for no reason only to die an undeserved and unglamorous and a really dumb death.

• Not really an opinion, but 99% of time I find myself in minority when it comes to the final summary. Not sure how do I do that, because I always end up agreeing with a lot people here on forums.

• You know what, that wouldn't have been a bad idea. People even thought there was a catch as well.

ralo229 posted: »

The New Frontier should've been replaced by Wellington. That way it feels like Wellington amounts to something.

• However, I feel like Jolene and the Stranger could have been left out. You could replace them the bandits from earlier and still have a good story (and more Ben character development).

Oh, I vehemently disagree. Those two tied into Lee and Clementine's storyline beautifully, while the bandits were just a bunch faceless psychos meant to be hated and killed as a horde.

eRock92 posted: »

* I'm ok with shorter, less puzzle/hub based episodes as long as the story quality is there. * I see Season 2 as equal to Season 1 story wi

• Kenny derailed Season 2's story; Jane flat out aborted it.

• Ok i guess i'm not too special then xD

• edited February 2017

To me, it was "derailed" only because when he yelled repeatedly at Arvo I couldn't have cared less, yet my only options were many different alterations of, "KENNY, NO!!! STOP NOW!!"
    Arvo is the little piece of .... who demanded that his Russian gang light up my group even when I was insisting repeatedly that no one took the drugs-- just the Jane twit.
    So it was just nonstop "ARVO, LISTEN TO ME. SHUTUP!" and my reply of, "..........."
    As other people have noted, the first half of season two is good-- not great, good. The second half is so much bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh.

DabigRG posted: »

Kenny derailed Season 2's story; Jane flat out aborted it.

• edited February 2017

To me, it was "derailed" only because when he yelled repeatedly at Arvo I couldn't have cared less, yet my only options were many different alterations of, "KENNY, NO!!! STOP NOW!!"

That's not what I meant: I mean the story of Season 2--you know, how the Cabin Group were on the run from Carver, who they had complicated history with--got derailed because it decided that expanding on this plotline and explaining the characters involved's actions was less important than making In Harm's Way "The Kenny Show", making the episode feel very bare bones and the characters who were supposed to be in the focus feel accessory and eventually inconsequential as a result.

Arvo is the little piece of .... who demanded that his Russian gang light up my group even when I was insisting repeatedly that no one took the drugs-- just the Jane twit.

Actually, no he didn't. Buricko(the bald guy) was the one who came up with the whole "put down your guns so we can take what we want" plan, reminding him of Jane will cause him to shift his focus to her whereabouts before getting skittish, and Arvo himself was trying to prevent the shootout itself from happening alongside Natasha and Mike.

As other people have noted, the first half of season one is good-- not great, good. The second half is so much bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh.

Don't you mean Season 2?

IggyPopYo posted: »

To me, it was "derailed" only because when he yelled repeatedly at Arvo I couldn't have cared less, yet my only options were many different

• edited February 2017

Yeah, Season 2. I'll edit now. I don't know what options you chose, but in my story Arvo was militant through the whole thing.

To me, it was "derailed" only because when he yelled repeatedly at Arvo I couldn't have cared less, yet my only options were many different

• I was basically relatively nice to the guy, from what I recall; I know I interfered with Kenny beating him in his house(which was hilarious considering what set it off and their respective conditions). However, I can say with confidence that I'm not quite sure what you're referring to calling him of all people militant; I've watched the various changes of that scene numerous times back when I wrote a topic using him and numerous since. I do know he's a bit more comfortable with the idea of robbing you, at least.

IggyPopYo posted: »

Yeah, Season 2. I'll edit now. I don't know what options you chose, but in my story Arvo was militant through the whole thing.

• I just re-watched that scene for the first time in a few years. It's almost exactly as I remember it. He tried to put his foot on the brake a bit before the gunshots rang out, but he was the instigator the whole time. "NO! NO! IT'S A TRAP! I KNOW IT!" Ugh.... stfu.
    Even the Youtube guy who was playing it and doing the commentary said, "Kill that mother-effer! I don't care. He STARTED this!" when Kenny held a gun to his head after the fighting died down. lol
    It's cool if you have a different opinion.

I was basically relatively nice to the guy, from what I recall; I know I interfered with Kenny beating him in his house(which was hilarious

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited February 2017

I haven't disliked a single episode of the entire game series thus far.

I mean, there are elements of different episodes that I disliked, and I definitely have a least favorite (Amid The Ruins), but there hasn't been one episode that I flat-out didn't like. Yet. Though I doubt that's going to change after... how many episodes of this series now? 16?

I am a very tough person to disappoint

• Keep waiting...at the end they'll kill clem lol

Deltino posted: »

I haven't disliked a single episode of the entire game series thus far. I mean, there are elements of different episodes that I disliked,

• They were together to the end

-Stewart- posted: »

This. Kill off the Ducks, Kennys, Carleys etc for dramatic effect. But ffs keep Lee and Clementine together! It should have been those two together to the end

• Max is still an asshole. He started the whole confrontation with the group to begin with and refuses to make any comprimises or work with you in his first encounter. He flips shit over a cup of pudding while claiming he understands it's a hard time and blames it all on us. He's another example of a badly written character

• I'd rather follow the 400 days characters for season 3. Javier and (season3)Clem are both very uninteresting

• edited February 2017

Not sure about the first part, but I think my issue with Javier is that I don't feel he has enough of a personal drive despite having some sufficient establishment. Clementine, on the otherhand, has been "developed" into a much more empathetic Jane with some actual relevance to the story at hand.

Louche posted: »

I'd rather follow the 400 days characters for season 3. Javier and (season3)Clem are both very uninteresting

• edited February 2017

I'm just thinking out loud about how their characters were more engaging than Javier. Why make new characters to be protagonists when you can still use the ones that barely had any screentime anyway and are all presumably still alive (besides Bonnie in one scenario)

Jane is empathetic. She acts a bit insensitive because she hasn't been very social for a long time. I mean she immediately apologises to Rebecca when she realises she's overstepped her boundries talking about the baby.

Not sure about the first part, but I think my issue with Javier is that I don't feel he has enough of a personal drive despite having some s

• Why make new characters to be protagonists when you can still use the ones that barely had any screentime anyway and are all presumably still alive (besides Bonnie in one scenario)

And thats why killing off most of your previous characters wasn't such a good idea.

Jane is empathetic. She acts a bit insensitive because she hasn't been very social for a long time. I mean she immediately apologises to Rebecca when she realises she's overstepped her boundries talking about the baby.

And I suppose Rebecca gettin ready to sit on her had nothing to do with it...?
    The point is that Clementine doesn't really act like Clementine anymore, but rather some edgy smuggler.

Louche posted: »

I'm just thinking out loud about how their characters were more engaging than Javier. Why make new characters to be protagonists when you ca

• I think Javier is a better protagonist than Clementine.

• Perhaps. If only because he actually has a proper story arc in the making and a motivation.

I think Javier is a better protagonist than Clementine.

• "seems like I'll get a lot of hate from the "fans"

That just seems like a loaded comment right there. ljs

Also, everyone is entitled to their opinions, no need to even say that. I for one am super happy you're liking the story and characters and having a blast play! This is the greatness with each season, you will have some who love all of them, some who only love the first two, and others who may only love one season out of all three. Though I will say season 3 isn't even finished yet.

I for one am not enjoying the story right now. It's so predictable, and I don't like that. I'm hoping that it gets better, and episode three could be what turns it around for me. And of course more time playing as Clem, and not in some cheesy flashbacks either.

NativePride posted: »

I actually like Season 3.... I can probably just end with that because it seems like I'll get a lot of hate from the "fans" of the game for

• Not sure if I shared my unpopular opinion, but I would love to have Javier and Kate die. It would be unexpected and worth it. I just can't stand them. And then Gabe could like stop running off, because it makes no sense. How did he not get eaten the first time he did that? lol

• Easily.

I think Javier is a better protagonist than Clementine.

• Cause he had an ax. Also, he wasn't that far away.

GoldenBuffy posted: »

Not sure if I shared my unpopular opinion, but I would love to have Javier and Kate die. It would be unexpected and worth it. I just can't s

• They made it known that Gabe has made it a habit of running off when he gets ticked off. So unless he is super Boss with an ax, I find it bit hard to swallow that he is capable of warding off even one walker alone. If you said it was Clem I'd believe you, but Gabe... not so much. He has yet to show me that he's able to carry himself.

Cause he had an ax. Also, he wasn't that far away.

• Unfortunately, that's been a sentiment since Season 2 for some people. Still, Gabe and Mariana had been implied to have some degree of training anyway, so it's not out of nowhere as far as I'm concerned. I think the series itself operates(or used to) on the idea that anyone can be a survivor(read:badass/useful enough) if they just get the chance. Yet, they still felt the need to keep Sarah from properly participating in the Observation Deck defense. :unamused:

GoldenBuffy posted: »

They made it known that Gabe has made it a habit of running off when he gets ticked off. So unless he is super Boss with an ax, I find it bi

• Yeah.

My overall ranking of all the protagonists is Lee > Javier > 400 Days crew > Clementine > Michonne

Now keep in mind, I like some of these guys as characters. But as playable characters, not so much.

Perhaps. If only because he actually has a proper story arc in the making and a motivation.

• I enjoy The New Frontier pretty much and even more I enjoy the fact that we play mostly as Javier and only a little amount as Clementine.

• Funny enough, Amid The Ruins is probably my favourite in S2.

Deltino posted: »

I haven't disliked a single episode of the entire game series thus far. I mean, there are elements of different episodes that I disliked,

• David isn't a good villain so far. Carver at least remained interesting in A House Divided, Norma was a well written villain as she acted as a reasonable counter balance between her cartoonishly evil brother but David just seems like an asshole. I think it would be more interesting if he had been written as more likeable in his first few appearances. It would make the plot twist a lot more surprising or if there is someone higher up in the ranks pulling the strings. He still has potential to be well written (let's hope)

• David isn't a good villain so far

That's probably cause we just found out he's a "villain" at the end of the episode. We'll get some villainy from him next time, whenever that is.

Carver at least remained interesting in A House Divided,

He was introduced in that episode after being hyped up by the Cabin Group and then has a spooky scene with Clementine before strutting onto the scene to have a dick measuring contest with Kenny at Walter and Alvin's expense.

Clemenem posted: »

David isn't a good villain so far. Carver at least remained interesting in A House Divided, Norma was a well written villain as she acted as

• Yeah, I would prefer if David's not the main villain. The love triangle, which is essentially a repeat of Lori/Shane/Rick and blaming you for Mariana's death would be so cliché and predictable.

Clemenem posted: »

David isn't a good villain so far. Carver at least remained interesting in A House Divided, Norma was a well written villain as she acted as

• Doug and Ben are the two best characters in the entire Walking Dead game series.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Goddamn heroes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.