Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• I hated the whole save Sarah and have her die later thing too. lol And then Jane vs Kenny. Just didn't get it or understand it. I will say though, since I decided to take Clem to Richmond, I liked how they had Javier tell Conrad that they are going to do it his way. Also also once at the gate, he tells Skullcap Guy that Clem is his friend. So at least he's making it known to everyone, including Clem, that she isn't some pawn in a game.

DabigRG posted: »

Good reasoning. At the very least, they should've balanced it out a more so that there's a clearer set of benefits for either choice. It's Talk Sarah out of it and the Pulluo Jane problem all over again except somehow worse.

• Same.

Ezuthyus posted: »

I like Gabe's character

• She was. It's been two years apparently.

GoldenBuffy posted: »

In season two I thought she was 11.5?

• Yeah, some definite points for Javier, even if I think that last part may've been determinant.

I hated the whole save Sarah and have her die later thing too. lol And then Jane vs Kenny. Just didn't get it or understand it. I will say t

• I love the way Season 3 just takes old tracks from the previous 2 games instead of trying to be innovative and create something unique because that would take away from this season's awesome writing ;)

• That actually hurt me when I read that.

• Same, I think he could have an interesting character arc

Ezuthyus posted: »

I like Gabe's character

• me too

JackTTR posted: »

I like Gabe.

• Im like 90% sure she is in the new frontier or something... nobody is that perfect. It's just she and Tripp are TOO nice.

She kind of has a point. Eleanor meets Javier right away and immediately starts flirting and immediately goes out of her way to offer to rel

• edited February 2017

Not everyone dies... theres Arvo and Christa, and maybe if you leave Kenny at Wellington or abandon Jane they could all be considered alive, just out of her life. This is Clem's story ever since Lee (rip) met her it's been about her. So TWD is more like TWD, Clem's Story

It just dosen't seem fair that everyone except Clementine dies season after season and so forth. So...yeah.

• edited February 2017

They would help each other. Game could learn to grow a pair and Clem could have a friend (if she lets herself)

brunaht posted: »

i really like Gabe and his friendship with Clem

• same

brunaht posted: »

i really like Gabe and his friendship with Clem

• That's what happens when you hype up this new gimmick character, shill her up onto a pedestal, and then try to make her relatable without actually spending time on it.

VectorXP posted: »

I think its somewhat inferrable that she had mental and psychosocial problems for quite a while. Honestly, it's most due plot other

• edited February 2017

Pregnancy made her look like blowfish, but I think her death suited her character.

Other than her crappy design, I agree.

• Oh shit, now I can't unsee that! :lol:

Pregnancy made her look like blowfish, but I think her death suited her character.

• How did I forget to reply to this? Ah well, might as well since its so short and sweet.

does genuinely try to help Sarah from the deck and is remorseful that she couldn't afterwards.

Even though she's basically guiltripped into doing it, but sure; I finally found a video of the silent option some time ago and that's more or less what happens.

I didn't want to blame her for that, or for leaving. Asking her to try - and fail - to save Sarah was basically asking her to relive her painful memory of Jaime, and I appreciated that she was willing to do that for Clem.

See, when they made that the option/setup, you would think that that'd be the key to redeeming herself and moving on from her past alongside but nope!

helped them in the fire fight

Well, she technically showed up when it was basically over but okay.

I guess it shows she was still thinking about the safety of others including AJ, even though locking him up in a car in the middle of a blizzard doesn't exactly earn her a gaurdian of the year award either.

Yeah, that whole "Jane the Guardian" thing in general is something that was kinda hard to buy at face value-- you know, aside from all the other stuff.

LoseMyHome posted: »

I am far from a Janiac and far prefer other characters, but I still I say there are some things I appreciated about her. She wasn't complete

• Wow. You're right. I actually never thought of that before. But then we never would've gotten the Save Carley or Doug choice. So I guess Glenn works in that regard. But yeah, you also could've easily replaced Glenn with Doug.

Glenn in A New Day probably could've been replaced with Doug.

• I think Season 7 is an improvement over Season 6.

• Yeah, because I can't help but wonder if Clem will be pushed even more to the side once David and Javier reunite. Or even worse, will Clem be dragged into their family drama that is sure to follow. And just thinking off the top of my head. But what if Gabe decides to turn the table and blame his sister's death on Kate, which makes Javier come to her aid. Which then leads to David deciding that they are sleeping together, and of course creating this strife between them?

Yeah, some definite points for Javier, even if I think that last part may've been determinant.

• Okay, cool. See I just assumed she was already 14.

She was. It's been two years apparently.

• They should have made it a spinoff IMO, people tend to deny this by saying that season 1 was about Lee, but the main Walking Dead games have always been about Clementine, in season 1 she was your moral compass, in season 2 you were her moral compass, in season 3.... youre, just there I guess? The biggest problem I have with season 3 so far, is that I just cant bring myself to really care about all the stuff thats happening.

Season 1 was personal because you had Clem to protect, you wanted to do what was best for her, Season 2 was personal because you were thrust into the world as an 11-yearold, who, while maybe a bit too capable at times, cant afford to be as trusting as Lee, simply because she doesnt have the body strength or experience to take head on fights, such as when Lee would go against Larry or Kenny, Season 3, isnt personal the same way for me, Gabe shows no signs of having been in the apocalypse for 4 years, he acts like he would on a normal tuesday, he doesnt see the dangers of being a fucking moron at all, Kates only character trait so far is "420 weed", and "I wish I could fuck Javier", the only one I was remotely concerned about was Mariana, and well.... She is gone before I could even really get to know her, so it wasnt even emotional when she died. The only personal attachment I have to season 3 so far, is Clem, and since I am not playing as her, I have to earn her trust, which means that so far, I have blindly followed Clem through hell, because she is the only character I know, and if following her through hell can get me glimpses of that good ol' Clem from season 1 and 2, then its worth it. (not saying I dislike season 3 Clem, I think its the natural progression of her character, but I do love the moments when her facade cracks and she shows her vulnerable side)

I would have rather TT just made season three only about Javier and his story. They should have kept Clem out of it. It's as if they tossed

• Actualy, yes we still would've. One hangup with the choice that the Developers themselves admitted to regretting was the fact that Carley had so much screentime and so appealing(both superficially and intrinsically) that Doug didn't really stand a chance due to his noticeable lack of screentime(he's seriously introduced backing away from the door when the walkers start banging in response to Carley shooting) and much less appealing character(IT technician in socks and sandals, Accidentally alerting the walkers to break into the pharmacy).

ralo229 posted: »

Wow. You're right. I actually never thought of that before. But then we never would've gotten the Save Carley or Doug choice. So I guess Glenn works in that regard. But yeah, you also could've easily replaced Glenn with Doug.

• YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! You've summed it up beautifully! For me though, I do see S1 as a Lee and Clem journey together. And for those of us who have been there since the start, we have finally gotten Clem to a place where I want to play as her. She has been forged in the heat of this new world, and she is battle ready. Battle harden. And players helped shape her into that.

Javier - where do I start? I just can't get into him, and I will say one factor is that I want to play as Clem, not him. I don't care about his back story. I don't care about him. His family. Or where he is now as a character. There's just nothing there. I can't believe that he has been able to survive for four years toting his niece and nephew along the way. I mean, come on! He forgot his water bottle when they were running from the herd. He drops the gun after taking out Lenny. Seriously, who does that!? And he like 100% no doubt comes to trust Clem way to fast. If he's that trusting how did he make it past the first month of the outbreak?

And don't get me started on Gabe. The boy runs off when he's upset like there isn't the dead shuffling around every corner waiting to eat him. How did he last this long doing that? I get that life sucks for him. He no longer has a mom or dad, and he's stuck with a step mom who can hardly stand him. But he's like what? 13 - 15? Him running off like that would have been acceptable had he been younger.

Kate. Ugh. I really, really detest her. There is nothing to her other than she's a ho who has been trying to jump Javier since she married his brother. Why would he even be bothered with her, I have no idea. It should have been her who got shot in the head.

And then Mariana, she was the only one out of the four that I started to like. And of course they took her out for shock value. And I'm supposed to believe that nothing. I mean NOTHING bad has happened to any of them for these past four years. Meanwhile Clem had to shot Lee, was attacked by a dog, kinda got Omid killed, lost Krista, had Kenny come back into her life only to watch him fly through a windshield, and that's not even putting a dent in her road traveled so far. Yet for Javier and Co. life has been a box of chocolates. Again, how have they made it this far!?!?!

I would much rather have picked up Lilly's story, to see what she's been up to after being put off that RV.

It sucks how much they have pushed Clem to the wayside. Only getting to play her in flashbacks - that suck too - who's bright idea what that?!

They should have made it a spinoff IMO, people tend to deny this by saying that season 1 was about Lee, but the main Walking Dead games have

• edited February 2017

Javier and Co acts like they just got dropped off the bus from Disney Land, and then "oh no zombies" rather than having survived for 4 years

Clementine earned her status as a survivor, Lee can be forgiven for some of his mistakes due to the apocalypse just having started, but Javier and co. they have no reason that they should be doing stupid shit like they do, such as Kate smoking weed, Javier not carrying a fucking gun at all times, Gabe being a giant brat and generally not very smart, they have been in this mess for FOUR years, I get that not everyone is like a natural survivor like Clem, but when you have survived for four years you should at least show some competence in surviving

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! You've summed it up beautifully! For me though, I do see S1 as a Lee and Clem journey together. And for those of us who ha

• Exactly! Everyone isn't a born survivor. And the mistakes that the first group made was understandable, it was the beginning of of the end of the world. They were learning. Adapting. But when you're four years in you shouldn't be acting like Javier and the gang. I just don't get why they even tried to introduce their story. TT should have stuck with Clem, there is still so much they can do with her and her journey. They could have added Javier and his family as a group Clem meets, but he shouldn't be the soul focus of the season.

Javier and Co acts like they just got dropped off the bus from Disney Land, and then "oh no zombies" rather than having survived for 4 years

• He was being blunt TO A CHILD.
    He was speaking TO A CHILD.
    He didn't address this issue to Lee. He went to her first. Getting Clementine to cry hysterically was "waking her up"?
    Jesus, people....

OneWayNoWay posted: »

If Chuck hadn't been as blunt as he was, Lee would've never woken up and realised that in that type of environment, where the dead are liter

• edited February 2017

I think Winston was the hero Season 2 missed out on. I heard somewhere he was supposed to fall on the river with Clementine. What if he was supposed to act as a travelling companion on her adventure.

Winston could have earned the group's trust

Winston could have saved Alvin from death

Winston could have defeated Carver and ended his tyranny

Winston could have delivered AJ

Winston could have gave Jane some justice

And everytime the group finds themselves in unfortunate circumstances he'd shout

"JESUS, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!"

• Yeah, it was. Because I'm pretty sure her getting eaten alive by walkers would've made for a far more traumatising time than Chuck being honest. You're looking at from the way society is now. In the Walking Dead's universe, society doesn't exist anymore- the only thing that is of importance is survival and whatever your age, that's something you need to be able to grasp. Even if you are a cutesy 8 year old.

IggyPopYo posted: »

He was being blunt TO A CHILD. He was speaking TO A CHILD. He didn't address this issue to Lee. He went to her first. Getting Clementine to cry hysterically was "waking her up"? Jesus, people....

• Not reallly an unpopular opinion more like an unpopular choice.
    I did not kill Conrad in my first playthought.

• I want to play as Clem. For the whole game.

• You cruel man.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

Not reallly an unpopular opinion more like an unpopular choice. I did not kill Conrad in my first playthought.

• I just did that cause i figured it was gonna be the specific controversial choice that no one would pick so i probably would fail to find it Online and i also have this rule that i like to keep characters alive no matter what i have to do.

Snorkachu posted: »

You cruel man.

• I had a similar thought when I heard that too. Of course, given he was definitely the worst of the three bandits, I doubt it would've lasted long.

Clemenem posted: »

I think Winston was the hero Season 2 missed out on. I heard somewhere he was supposed to fall on the river with Clementine. What if he was

• They could have started a redemption arc and introduce a worse evil

I had a similar thought when I heard that too. Of course, given he was definitely the worst of the three bandits, I doubt it would've lasted long.

• edited February 2017

Aka Carver? Some people think that the North Carolina Bandits may have been working for Carver since they seemed to be asking about a group(at least in game; unused/muffled dialogue has them mention having weasel for dinner).

Clemenem posted: »

They could have started a redemption arc and introduce a worse evil

• Jane and Luke are 2 of my top 5, if not top 3, most hated characters not only in TWD media, but in fiction in general. PERIOD. And when they died in No Going Back, I can't say I wasn't satisfied.

• edited February 2017

Damn, I hate Jane too, but I don't know if I'd say she's amongst my most hated characters PERIOD; though, I''m not really one to hate on a character unless they particularly offend me. But why is Luke in there too?
    EDIT:Oh, its you! Didn't recognize you there for a sec.

Jane and Luke are 2 of my top 5, if not top 3, most hated characters not only in TWD media, but in fiction in general. PERIOD. And when they died in No Going Back, I can't say I wasn't satisfied.

• edited February 2017

I tend not to hate or even dislike many of the characters most people tend to.

• edited February 2017

But why is Luke in there too?

Read my post on page 2 of this thread and you'll know why.

EDIT:

Oh, its you! Didn't recognize you there for a sec.

:lol: :joy:

Damn, I hate Jane too, but I don't know if I'd say she's amongst my most hated characters PERIOD; though, I''m not really one to hate on a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.