Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Some people don't want to tell the group about Lee's past. That's part of the reason Carley's determinant in the first place.

Carley giving Lee the opportunity to tell the group his past trumps anything that Doug adds to the game. Also that's why i said "despite what Telltale says" and not "despite an overwhelming majority of players"

• This is true

DabigRG posted: »

Some people don't want to tell the group about Lee's past. That's part of the reason Carley's determinant in the first place.

• There's nothing special about Carley.

Carley giving Lee the opportunity to tell the group his past trumps anything that Doug adds to the game. Also that's why i said "despite what Telltale says" and not "despite an overwhelming majority of players"

• She gives Lee the opportunity to reveal his past to the group members, and she saves Duck/Lee/Clem with her gun on several occasions.

Doug is rather unremarkable.

Fangirl101 posted: »

There's nothing special about Carley.

• They could have easily given the option with Doug alive, too. Like, have Lee break out of his shell, he doesn't need push from Carley to do it. Well, her being able to use a gun is not that impressive. Lee, Kenny, Lilly, etc can as well.

Doug has admirable skills. He helps you distract the walkers so you can get the keys, builds an alarm system, saves your life with a laser pointer(and that was awesome), fixes the RV, warns us from which direction the walkers are coming.

I think he is a valuable member of our group.

She gives Lee the opportunity to reveal his past to the group members, and she saves Duck/Lee/Clem with her gun on several occasions. Doug is rather unremarkable.

• Carley knowing your secret and wondering if you're a good man is the whole premise for her character, they talk about his past in all 3 episodes that she was in. I dont see Lee telling everyone without her as very realistic, like DaBigRG said many people let her die to protect Lee's secret. And it's not the fact that she can use a gun but the fact that she saves them over and over.

Doug was quirky but I still dont think he is worth saving over Carley when you consider what she adds to the game.

They could have easily given the option with Doug alive, too. Like, have Lee break out of his shell, he doesn't need push from Carley to do

• Also this is an unpopular opinions thread, I have no clue why you are trying to debunk all of my opinions that are not popular with you

They could have easily given the option with Doug alive, too. Like, have Lee break out of his shell, he doesn't need push from Carley to do

• I am not trying to debunk anything. I apologize if it seemed like that to you. I respect your opinions.

There are a lot of people that consider Doug useless. It's not popular only with me. It's so rare to see people liking him.
    Thanks for elaborating and sharing your thoughts on the matter, though. The world would be boring if everyone shared the same opinion. :)

Also this is an unpopular opinions thread, I have no clue why you are trying to debunk all of my opinions that are not popular with you

• Luke is the reason I have trust issues. shivers

I agree that Luke is the most overrated cabin group member. He was hypocritical and rather incompetent, I was not a big fan.

• Haha why do you say that? (I legit thought Luke was a pedo for a while)

Luke is the reason I have trust issues. shivers

• Yeah I just remember Telltale putting all the "Save Doug" easter eggs in their games and I couldn't help but think "why?". They probably say that because he's an ex Telltale employee so it's like an inside joke for them, but I always found Carley so much more intriguing even after several playthroughs.

Thanks for sharing your opinions too, I can definitely see why some players love the guy. He's very kind and smart and goofy, except he eats all of the groups biscuits :(

I am not trying to debunk anything. I apologize if it seemed like that to you. I respect your opinions. There are a lot of people that co

• edited October 2017

(I legit thought Luke was a pedo for a while

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that shit flying around quite a bit

Haha why do you say that? (I legit thought Luke was a pedo for a while)

• I legit thought Luke was a pedo for a while

To each their own, I guess!

Haha why do you say that? (I legit thought Luke was a pedo for a while)

• I think it was just people scraping for something to demonize him since he seemed like too good a guy, especially compared to Carlos and Kenny.

Well that and maybe the line about talking to girls who don't want to.

BHBrowne posted: »

I legit thought Luke was a pedo for a while To each their own, I guess!

• I've been on the small boat of people who believe Mariana was originally conceptualized biological daughter, believe it or not.

With that said, while I'm mainly happy they changed it since it wouldn't make sense, I think it would've been more interesting if she was Kate's daughter instead.

• The finalizing climactic choice with ANF!Clementine should've been given to Gabe.

• Telltale has increasingly been letting too much of the opinions and [over]reactions leak into and at times direct of their games.

• Agreed, and not even the right ones, but mostly in relation to TWD and MCSM.

Telltale has increasingly been letting too much of the opinions and [over]reactions leak into and at times direct of their games.

• not even the right ones

This is an important distinction to make. Stuff like Lee determinately becoming a little annoyed with Duck or even Clementine acknowledging that Ben is a bit of a screw up are fine little nods, but when we get shit that heavily changes the direction of the story and cheats characters out of any positive showcasing in lieu of giving most of that to certain[often assholey] characters, we get Season 2.5 and From the Gallows.

Agreed, and not even the right ones, but mostly in relation to TWD and MCSM.

• I always get confused when someone calls Ava Molly 3.0. These two are nothing alike.

• edited October 2017

Clementine acknowledging that Ben is a bit of a screw up are fine little nods

No it's not, and I'd argue that's the fault of the writers rather than the fanbase. cough cough was incredibly biased when it came to writing Clementine (as well as Kenny) and there's so many things in the game that make no sense for Clementine to say. I know that wasn't really your point but it's something that really annoys me and Telltale fucked up big time when it came to acknowledging that. Just because Clementine is the player doesn't mean you should give the player dialogue choices that don't make sense for Clementine the character to say. Lee managed to remain true to his character despite this but they did a really poor job with Clem on it.

not even the right ones This is an important distinction to make. Stuff like Lee determinately becoming a little annoyed with Duck o

• Uh, actually I meant in Season 1, where she can express some minor exasperation/disbelief if told Ben is in charge.

But you're definitely right.

Lee managed to remain true to his character despite this but they did a really poor job with Clem on it.

Well that's partly due to having relatively little screentime in Season 2 and having a much more fleshed out character dynamic than Clementine.

Graysonn posted: »

Clementine acknowledging that Ben is a bit of a screw up are fine little nods No it's not, and I'd argue that's the fault of the wri

• Uh, actually I meant in Season 1, where she can express some minor exasperation/disbelief if told Ben is in charge.

Oh, okay but I wouldn't say she's acknowledging he's a screwup there, just that she's not certain that he's got what it takes. The only time she outright calls him a screwup is in S2.

Uh, actually I meant in Season 1, where she can express some minor exasperation/disbelief if told Ben is in charge. But you're definitely

• Fair enough distinction. It was just the easiest way to address it in the moment, was all.

Graysonn posted: »

Uh, actually I meant in Season 1, where she can express some minor exasperation/disbelief if told Ben is in charge. Oh, okay but I w

• Me thinks David is somewhat a case of Draco in Leather Pants.

• I've never seen that. In fact I don't see anyone talk about Ava at all, really. She had such minimal screentime.

I always get confused when someone calls Ava Molly 3.0. These two are nothing alike.

• It's been very uncommon, but I definitely recall it around 3 times.

Louche posted: »

I've never seen that. In fact I don't see anyone talk about Ava at all, really. She had such minimal screentime.

• edited October 2017

Meh. I don't see it. You could literally use Molly in Jane's role in season 2. But neither of them would fit Ava's role, she has a leadership position and that wasn't really a thing for either of them.

It's been very uncommon, but I definitely recall it around 3 times.

• It's purely just the mysterious badass chick with a dead sister trope that their judging by, completely ignoring that they are otherwise very different characters with different personalities, body types, and hairstyles.

Meh. I don't see it. You could literally use Molly in Jane's role in season 2. But neither of them would fit Ava's role, she has a leadership position and that wasn't really a thing for either of them.

• What? Who cares how they look? They're both skinny chicks with shortish hair.
    The point is Molly obviously would have left Savannah after what happened, she could have ended up at Howe's and things could have played out pretty much the same as Jane with her talking to Clem about her sister, being unsure of being part of their group, etc etc

It's purely just the mysterious badass chick with a dead sister trope that their judging by, completely ignoring that they are otherwise very different characters with different personalities, body types, and hairstyles.

• Yeah, Jane is "skinny."

However, I agree that Molly could've worked well enough in that role. Assuming Luke and especially Sarah wouldn't get completely screwed over like Jane did in the actual episode.

What? Who cares how they look? They're both skinny chicks with shortish hair. The point is Molly obviously would have left Savannah after w

• edited October 2017

Well, she is. let's just forget the time I had Jane's butt as my avatar to get a rise out of people.

I could also see Luke and Molly hitting it off.
    Do you actually like Luke? You're making it sound like you do, but I thought that wasn't the case.

Yeah, Jane is "skinny." However, I agree that Molly could've worked well enough in that role. Assuming Luke and especially Sarah wouldn't get completely screwed over like Jane did in the actual episode.

• Clem has autism

• edited October 2017

Well, she is. let's just forget the time I had Jane's butt as my avatar to get a rise out of people.

:lol: Oh boy, did @Spodes not find amusement in that.

I could also see Luke and Molly hitting it off.

I do too.

Do you actually like Luke? You're making it sound like you do, but I thought that wasn't the case.

I actually considered him a Season favorite for a while after joining here, in fact. It is worth noting that he was a minor victim of heresay since not only do I remember the YMMV page on TVTropes mentioned him running out on the group unspoilered(?) but I swear he was actually listed as a Scrappy even if the history page shows no record of that. Thus, I honestly couldn't really think/feel one way or the other about him during the first two episodes, particularly since everyone else(besides Nick and maybe Pete) left more of a personal impression. However, he quickly earned my props in In Harm's Way(as weak as that episode ultimately was) and was easily the best character in No Going Back. I just found him very relateable as the endgame approached, especially since his main competition was Kenny and Jane.

Well, she is. let's just forget the time I had Jane's butt as my avatar to get a rise out of people. I could also see Luke and Molly hitt

• dude, what

Clem has autism

• Oh boy, did @Spodes not find amusement in that.

Hoo boy, good times. Thought he was going to get me banned forever.

I do too.

I wish I was a fanfic writer, again.

blah blah blah

Luke left a bad impression on me from the get-go with throwing the girl on the ground, and everything that came after. Taking her out on the bridge like that, and disappearing when Carver shows up.
    He just comes off as such a flake. I agree he works better in the last couple episodes, though.
    It's especially good if you pick the "run to Luke" during the russian gunfight in ep 5, and then HE runs out into the middle of the thing to grab AJ. They FINALLY gave him something heroic to do, and it's optional. Oh well, at least it's there.

Well, she is. let's just forget the time I had Jane's butt as my avatar to get a rise out of people. Oh boy, did @Spodes not find a

• Hoo boy, good times. Thought he was going to get me banned forever.

:lol: Heh. Wonder where he is?

I wish I was a fanfic writer, again.

You mean you were before.

Luke left a bad impression on me from the get-go with throwing the girl on the ground, and everything that came after. Taking her out on the bridge like that, and disappearing when Carver shows up.

Well, aside from maybe dropping her, that was primarily the subject of what I got spoiled on.

He just comes off as such a flake. I agree he works better in the last couple episodes, though.

In hindsight, that may have been part of the point, but unfortunately the story structure and especially the sudden boost in prominence Jane got made it more apparent then it probably needed to be.

It's especially good if you pick the "run to Luke" during the russian gunfight in ep 5, and then HE runs out into the middle of the thing to grab AJ. They FINALLY gave him something heroic to do, and it's optional. Oh well, at least it's there.

Yeah. They got a bit of a habit to short change characters like him and Kate to needing stuff like that.

Too bad characters like Sarah apparently weren't "good enough" for even that much.

Oh boy, did @Spodes not find amusement in that. Hoo boy, good times. Thought he was going to get me banned forever. I do too.

• I probably will be lashed on for saying this but... I really dislike (not to say "hate") Kenny. For me, he just should've stayed dead in S1 and never appeared in S2.

• Join the club.

Arrhyn posted: »

I probably will be lashed on for saying this but... I really dislike (not to say "hate") Kenny. For me, he just should've stayed dead in S1 and never appeared in S2.

• I'm probably the only one who wouldn't mind if they retconned S2/ANF. At least that's what it feels like.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.