Comments

• A few reports out there that it could be a lot worse than a few layoffs, but let's wait for official comment..

• They are only keeping 25 employees to finish the walking dead. Everything else is cancelled. Rip :(

• If this is true, then.. fuck.

• edited September 2018

Tweets are saying that TWAU2 and Stranger Things are cancelled. Telltale has only a skeleton crew to finish TFS, and will then file for bankruptcy. Aside from The Final Season, Batman: The Enemy Within on Switch, and presumably MCSM on Netflix, it looks like we wont be getting any more Telltale.

I love all you guys in the community, and it's been a great run. Weather you started as a kid trying to kill the Wither Storm or a teen playing "A New Day" six years ago, we all share our love for this community. It's been real guys. Thoughts and prayers to everyone at/from Telltale.

• Oh crap...i hope this isn't true, Telltale dying would be the end of an era, especially for the adventure game genre.

And we probably won't have any new TWAU or Sam and Max game. same for a new TFTB.

• Seems like Telltale Games is closing, guys.

• My heart is broken big time. My favorite game studio is closing its doors, and its swan song is the final season. God

• Please don’t be true. I love telltale so much, their games have been a big part of me in gaming. Almost all of the games that make me feel emotions for characters were by telltale. I’ll probably cry if they shut down. At least they’ll go out with how it all started.

• God.... This is absolutely sad. The Walking Dead was what got me into narrative games in the first place.

If this is true, it really is the end of an era.

• Damn ANF really did kill them in the end.

• This is such fucking bullshit I can't even.

Of course TWD will get its closure, but fuck TWAU2, right?

• Dude, at least they're even finishing TWD, they could have cancelled the rest of the season and closed down right away.

booper posted: »

This is such fucking bullshit I can't even. Of course TWD will get its closure, but fuck TWAU2, right?

• edited September 2018

Yeah, real good news for the rest of us that stopped following it years earlier when it started getting milked into an actual fucking zombie with unnecessary sequel after unnecessary sequel plus a spinoff, while TWAU fans begged and pleaded for a sequel for years only to have ours delayed and now canceled. But hey, at least TWD gets finished!

Fuck it, ban me if you want, call me ungrateful and entitled, idgaf. I wish they didn't even announce a second season for all the good our loyalty and support did. Fuck all of this.

EbiManami posted: »

Dude, at least they're even finishing TWD, they could have cancelled the rest of the season and closed down right away.

• edited September 2018

The only "good" thing is that maybe another studio will make a new sam and max game...but even that is unlikely, Sam and max are probably way too niche now.

I guess the term "the final season" really was "THE FINAL SEASON", not for the Walking dead, but for Telltale in general.

My heart is broken big time. My favorite game studio is closing its doors, and its swan song is the final season. God

• Man this sucks

• Sam & Max is free sure...but that telltale magic is gone.

Kroger posted: »

The only "good" thing is that maybe another studio will make a new sam and max game...but even that is unlikely, Sam and max are probably wa

• It's heartbreaking to hear about this. So many talented people have lost their jobs today, and after The Final Season is complete, even more still. I have no doubt they'll find work, but.. fuck.

• It's been officially confirmed by their former CEO.

• Damn, this is really depressing to read. I don't even know what to say...

• Yeah, best case scenario we could have a game like Hit the Road, worst case scenario : a game without the same type of humour and way too different.
    Hell, i would prefer the licence to stay dead if it's to have Something that is not sam and max.

Sam & Max is free sure...but that telltale magic is gone.

• edited September 2018

Damn... I want to wait for confirmation before we start giving eulogies but this is still a blow if it is true. All those series left on cliffhangers that won't be guaranteed to be resolved, if it's even possible at all now. It is a game company, no one died or anything but it's still hard to swallow that there's a good chance the game company that introduced me to the heights storytelling in video games can achieve is closing it's doors and the book on many of the IPs with it :(

I hope for the best in the career prospects for those laid off and my thoughts go to all of you fearing the end of your favorite game developer, especially the ones who've been here since the Sam & Max era.

EDIT: So it is true. Damn.

• Is it possible for someone to purchase the company? I just. I dunno. I'm in a lil denial right now. They have a few months left.

• FUUUUUUUUUCK...

I know a TON of people are gonna be bummed about TWAU 2... SHIT!

I REALLY hope this doesn’t affect TFS as well because I want it to finish off strong SOOOO badly and ep 1 was so good and ep 2 looks amazing. DAMMIT!

• edited September 2018

Man fuck that guy!!! He was part of the problem!! He left and then sued Telltale FUCK him!

Lewsblake23 posted: »

It's been officially confirmed by their former CEO.

• Supposedly they're finishing TFS and then they're done.

I really hope we don't see a quality drop because of this, though.

FUUUUUUUUUCK... I know a TON of people are gonna be bummed about TWAU 2... SHIT! I REALLY hope this doesn’t affect TFS as well because I want it to finish off strong SOOOO badly and ep 1 was so good and ep 2 looks amazing. DAMMIT!

• This is rich considering he was a huge part of the problem and one of the reasons why they were even in this mess.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

It's been officially confirmed by their former CEO.

• edited September 2018

My god, this is shocking. Did not expect it at all. I know there were earlier reports that Telltale isn't doing too good financially, but I have been hoping the recent changes and developments would mean they were finally improving again. I am truly sorry for all the talented people that have lost their job and the ones that will follow. Hopefully, they will be able to find new jobs in the industry asap.

On another note, does anyone have an idea what this might mean for the forums? I loved this community and I got a lot of stuff on here that I don't want to lose, so if Telltale is truly done for, it probably means the forums will be shut down at some point in the future, either before or after the final season hits.

• edited September 2018

Finishing TFS with a skeleton crew of 25 people, hopefully we don't see a quality drop but I guess it would be understandable if a quality drop occurred. At least they're still finishing TFS. Very sad news.

Supposedly they're finishing TFS and then they're done. I really hope we don't see a quality drop because of this, though.

• I'd guess that it'll shut down some time after TFS finishes. They simply won't have the money to keep the servers up and running, is my assumption.

My god, this is shocking. Did not expect it at all. I know there were earlier reports that Telltale isn't doing too good financially, but I

• This is so terrible. I was really looking forward to TWAU 2. Are they going to shut down this site too? Where will we all go now...

• I'm really afraid we will have another dark age of the adventure game genre is they really die…

...And the forum will probably also die, crap.

• I really hope we don't see a quality drop because of this, though.

I mean the way he describes it, “Skeleton Crew finishing off The Walking Dead...” doesn’t sound promising. FUCK I’m pissed! Honestly I just pray to god TFS ends up good at the very least, it’s my favorite game series of all time and I want it to be good SOOOOOO badly!!

Supposedly they're finishing TFS and then they're done. I really hope we don't see a quality drop because of this, though.

• I have so many good memories on these forums, it's gonna be sad to see it go.

Kroger posted: »

I'm really afraid we will have another dark age of the adventure game genre is they really die… ...And the forum will probably also die, crap.

• Well, no matter what happens with the forums... Know I had a great time with all of you guys.

• What happens to the downloads? I supported TTG by buying direct, do I lose everything, or can I get Steam/GOG keys to keep access to all my games?

• For real, they were doing some good things with Batman season 2 and Walking dead season 4...i guess 2016 to 2017 were really some bad years for telltales…

• Does this mean that the servers won’t work anymore on Telltale Games and we won’t be able to see our choices? I’m devastated by the news I hope all the employees find work soon.

• Lee: What can I tell you to make it better?
    Clem: That you won't leave me.
    Lee: Oh, I wouldn't do that. I promise.

Sorry.... This was the first thing I thought of. Trying not to cry right now.

• FUCK I’ll never get my TWD S2 switch port either!! GOD DAMMIT.

• Wtf - How did TellTale get bankrupt? I thought they would've made a crap ton of money from The Walking Dead Season 4!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.