Ya boy Poogs want to make one final video to remember Telltale and us forum members

Comments

• I found this forums from back in 2013, and I remember when the template used to have a white/blue colour scheme. Then the template changed into a more fancy and gritty brown/red theme, complete with a TWD backdrop that was visible on all topics and communities.

I remember that around the time when Season 1 was half-finished, I was gathering up the courage to join the forums and make friends. I wasn't as frequent when it came to posting messages, and I'll admit that I can come across as either a little too passionate, intense, or overly intellectual with my opinions at times.

Nevertheless, I've really enjoyed my times on this forum as it has helped boost my confidence and social skills immensely. Granted I wasn't able to speak with everyone, but the small talk we've made was still much appreciated.

I want to thank @AronDracula, @DabigRG, @Lilacsbloom, @KCohere, @Bokor, @skoothz, @TheAutisticGamer, @Green613, @GoldenPaladin, @Lahkesis, @NeophyteRadglare, @MerakMissile2, @dojo32161, @Deltino, @BlindSniper, @Gary-Oak, @dan_290786, @MetallicRules, @BigBlindMax, @RavenSnowstorm, @Lee Everett , @Megami_Kizukanai, and many others I may have left out, but definitely have not forgotten.

It's been one hell of a ride, and I hope to be around until the very end. Thank you Telltale for The Walking Dead 1, The Wolf Among Us, and The Walking Dead 2 (even if I wasn't a fan of the second half).

Thank you for reading.

• I'm gonna miss this community basically being a big part of my life.

Telltale's closure sucks. I'm happy that I get to meet amazing people on the forums, those who are extremely creative, funny, talented and just cool all around. I'm honestly still grieving about this, the first tab I open on my browser has always been the forums, back when I joined in 2014.

I can still remember how exciting it was, waiting for episodes to release and those took months between them. It was so amazing, having discussions with other users here and it really breaks my heart that this is all happening. While the future of Telltale is still unclear for now, I'm gonna have to say thanks to all the fun times I had. How could I ever forget the shipping threads on TftBl?

Massive thank you to Telltale for the games, and this community for being such a lovely place to be in. I can definitely promise that I will never forget this.

Okay, so here's my formal "entry" into this. I joined the forums in November of 2014. I had lurked around here for a while, during Wolf a

• Oh yeah! Poogs if you have any screenshots of the old forums' design then you should use that! Why am I stating overly obvious stuff~~

• So many good times..I joined at the end of 2014...so really first full TWD I got to see roll out was ANF...I remember we were all speculating about every little image that would be released. The wild speculation and just horribly wrong theories were so fun.

I remember they posted the shot of Clem and Javi walking to Prescott and it looked like Javi was tied up...and I commented "Apparently they are on a mission to find the Gortus Project"

The Batman Games were another source of amazement...I was a firm No in believing that Batman could be made to be good in the type of games Telltale does...but the talented Devs and the Artists delivered big time and Batman was awesome and so was the sequel.

So many good threads and arguments...I will miss these games.

Clementine deserved better.

• edited September 2018

I hate that I even have to write this like I'm expecting some sort of miracle to surface upon itself or that I'm still in a bad dream, but here it goes. I been with telltale since I was about 11 technically when I first got gametap and that subscription included the first season of Sam & Max. I loved it a ton but that subscription came to an end and I sorta fell off the bandwagon till late 2010 when I heard of a season 3. I manage to catch up with the series and make my way through all of it and had a blast. Afterwards the other games I wasn't too sure about but I started getting really enthralled in these story heavy games y'know like Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, and the announcement of the walking dead inherently scratched that itch for me, and I became an active fan.

It wasn't till summer 2013 when I first officially joined the forums though. The Walking Dead 400 days was already out and news of wolf among us began to be spread. I was nervous since it was my first time actively trying to communicate on a forums board and I didn't end up making my first post till after wolf among us premiered, and I heard the funniest thing in the episode "They're probably hiding a cow" Midtown cowboys! The fake sitcom from Sam & Max, and I had to be the first to mention that easter egg so I made my first thread discussing it, and someone on the staff team replied to it and I felt so good and happy. Never heard of the idea of actual staff talking and sharing with the community it was AMAZING! After that I began to slowly grow more and more with the community doing really dumb things like bad photoshops in the meme and fun thread (some including replacing snow's severed head with disney's snow white, giving Sam (sam and max) Sam the dogs body) just really bad stuff and I thought it was so funny.

The Best time on the forum was probably discussions regarding Tales from the Borderlands. The speculation of it all and how people thought it was gonna be total shit, and then hearing impressions from people who got to play it at PAX and end up being pleasantly surprised, and the eventual premiere of the episode as a live stream full playthrough, and just all the positive impressions was amazing, and no matter the insane wait times it was always so worth it and I had an absolute blast a great deal of the time despite the ridiculous shipping of it all Pssssh Rhysha ftw.

Anyhoo, in the end I just want to say thanks. I know I'm sorta known in this community as the telltale kiss-asser with the shit opinions, and how I got shit talked big time on some telltale discords, but I stayed for 5 amazing years daily and I don't regret a single second. I'll be here till it all comes crumbling down with you all. I love you guys, and of course thanks Telltale for being my favorite game developers of all time.

• Oh more suggestions. Add hook hand Javi thread and your own memes about it

• Thank you rich, I really enjoyed your company here a lot man. I will sure as hell miss you a lot.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I found this forums from back in 2013, and I remember when the template used to have a white/blue colour scheme. Then the template changed i

• I joined the Telltale forum right around the time TWDS2 came out. I was like 13 years old. I remember getting angry at people who hated Kenny, but I’ve since grown to understand their point of view. I remember being really disappointed by S2 EP4 and with ANF as a whole, but TFS brought nack the excitement within and it even brought me back to the forum. I really loved Telltale Games, they’re one of my favorite game studios ever, and their influence upon the game industry well be felt forever— I think we can all agree that they are one of the most influential game companies of the 21st century? I mean they inspired things like Life is Strange to happen— they brought back adventure games.

That’s why it’s our job to help their style of games live on. And for us to remember the studio for what they did best.

Goddamn this sounds like a eulogy.

• Okay, well then my vote goes to Telltale dying.
    Play it like it is. There's nothing good that's coming from this. Not concerning Telltale's projects at least.

Poogers555 posted: »

For my idea it cant work if I do something like that >_< Basically do you want the ending to be kinda like Telltale going to the great beyond or Telltale dying, is as close as I can get without spoiling my idea

• I've always had fun with the Game of Thrones forum games. Even though MC:SM isn't my favorite, I've always loved its fanbase. Their simple enjoyment of the game, their fanart, and the fun discussions were all refreshingly enjoyable to participate in.

• I have 666 comments. I'm such a noob tho, only joining in June but lurking since way back. 667, here we go!
    https://telltale.com/community/discussion/120222/idea-for-the-final-season#latest
    https://telltale.com/community/discussion/121384/why-is-tfs-so-cheap-tho#latest
    For the second one especially, you should highlight the comments made by Jayroen and Dat1Wizard246. Good stuff.

• okay guys, let's start… probably you never seen me, i usually pass my spare time to read some crazy stuff and complaining a little bit ( :P ). I started my relation ship with tell tale when i was 13 (i'm 18 right now) and was such a huge world, so cool, the feeling that you can forge the future of the story based on your choices screwed my head, I was so into this type of games thanks to gameplays on youtube, and I still remember the first one was TWD S1, jeez so much time ago. I was so involved in the story that I saw every playtrhough of my favourite youtuber. I remember that I couldn't play it cause I didn't have money to spend online for games (ahahah anyways). Unfortunately I lost the path after ending of TWAU (damn I loved so much everything about it, I also did some fanart lol) since my comeback in 2016/2017 just after the end of TWD NF, and my eyes read everything (bad things and good things)...buuuuuut I had finally bought some games that I desperately wanted to play when I was 13, the hall of fame: TWD S1, TWD S2, TWAU, TFTBL and GOT. Man such a good games and journey, i wish this all shit never happen, sorry guys I would like to spend more time with us to speculate on other future games. Obviously i don't lose the hope I want so badly that someone can help telltale right now maybe some software house idk. But don't be sad at all, I just want to thank you from my heart.
    Bye everyone you are the best!!!!!!!!! GOOD LIKE EVERYONE AND AS ALWAYS… I WILL REMEBER THAT...

• @InGen_Nate_Kenny Thanks for mentioning me.

Y'know what's funny? My username, CrazedRabbit, I just made it up on the spot when making an account here, I thought "I like Max from their Sam & Max games, why not CrazyRabbit?", thankfully that was taken and I turned up with this, I grew to like it so much I've used it as my username on pretty much everything I could, if not, at least variations of it. It's cool knowing this is the place that birthed my internet handle, and it makes it extra special.

Anyway, I joined somewhere around the release of the first episode of Tales, which is still my favorite narrative driven telltale game to this day. That was definitely when I was most active. The shipping threads were very fun and I've got some really good memories from them that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. After that passed I stayed relatively active for about 2 years with on and off breaks, almost exclusively on the telltale talk section, somehow the game forums never really drew me in again after borderlands ended. And now I'm here. I still read the forums. I almost always have the tab open, checking it every day out of a habit I just can't break. But I barely comment, just don't know the people who were still left that well. The news came out of nowhere, and now this community I joined 4 years ago is going to disappear forever. Fuck.

I hope the Sam & Max license also finds a good home after this is over, or any home at all for that matter.

And to top it all off I think I'll leave this here:

• Excellent taste in music ;)

@InGen_Nate_Kenny Thanks for mentioning me. Y'know what's funny? My username, CrazedRabbit, I just made it up on the spot when making an

• So quick question for yall. Im working on the part of the video which includes the final ending. I have 2 ideas and Im not sure which. One is a bit more downer and the other is a bit more uplifting. So, do you guys want that more "uplifting" ending, or the thematically appropriate sadder ending?

Given the situation, I'd say "sadder" ending would be more appropriate, and get the emotive response (that's the purpose of the video, isn't it?)

So quick question for yall. Im working on the part of the video which includes the final ending. I have 2 ideas and Im not sure which. One i

• I guess, I kinda like how the more optimistic final shot ends, but I do like the sadder one, I guess time will tell which I do.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

So quick question for yall. Im working on the part of the video which includes the final ending. I have 2 ideas and Im not sure which. One i

• Can I suggest this for the music (unless copyright strikes are a problem)?

I guess, I kinda like how the more optimistic final shot ends, but I do like the sadder one, I guess time will tell which I do.

• Do both! Alternative endings are fun!

I guess, I kinda like how the more optimistic final shot ends, but I do like the sadder one, I guess time will tell which I do.

• Maybe do both, and include a fake QTE prompt where people can "choose their ending" like a Telltale game by clicking on YouTube annotations?

People can choose the Glass half full/empty ending.

• My favorite period is still when I first joined the forums back in July of 2014 because I couldn't wait for the next episode of the walking dead. It was so amazing speculating with everyone on the TWD section about what's gonna happen in twd s2 ep5. I remember the fake leaks, the christa/lilly theories, Gavin Hammon (Kenny) answering a huge load of questions on his ask.fm and people asking for a lee dream/flashback and finally getting it. I also remember someone making a huge analysis on the shootout and trying to figure out who died based on the character's positions, guns and sound ( Funny how in the end nothing mattered and telltale even switched some of the Russian's guns haha). I remember waking up super early on the 26th of august in 2014 and hoping #myclementine would survive. Thank you everyone for sharing these memories with me and being such a cool community where I could share my thoughts and meet some really great people <3 .

• ( Funny how in the end nothing mattered and telltale even switched some of the Russian's guns haha)

I think I heard a rumor that was because somebody who wrote the script for Ep 205 got two of the Russian's names mixed up, as their positions were the same but the weapons were changed. But, yeah, I remember the good ol' shootout speculation.

I was a bit ticked honestly that it ended up just being a non-sequitur with little significance to the plot outside of setting up a seemingly dramatic ending for all of two minutes.

Tolispro posted: »

My favorite period is still when I first joined the forums back in July of 2014 because I couldn't wait for the next episode of the walking

• Excellent taste in music. :^)

Can I suggest this for the music (unless copyright strikes are a problem)?

• Thanks for the Shout out @InGen_Nate_Kenny I remember you from way back when I was a lurker and not even a poster.... I'm going to miss being here every day and discussing the latest episodes and theories with everyone. It's been an honor and a privilege to be part of this community and I hope to see most if not all of you at the subreddits. <3

Okay, so here's my formal "entry" into this. I joined the forums in November of 2014. I had lurked around here for a while, during Wolf a

• edited September 2018

tfw you take so many hiatuses that you're forced into an eternal one

I'll miss this place

• edited September 2018

OMG Poogs, yes plz. Ofc Tales from Borderlands and the shipping wars were amazing. I'm being 100% honest that this was the first forum that I actually didnt just lurk around. Getting even a few of the people I met on here to game, actually making friends, and even meeting one in person is something I never even fathomed when I decided to comment here. Which just to be clear I still would like to meet many more from this community.

• My favorite part of the walking dead series was when Lee told clementine before he died the lessons he tought her

prayfortelltale

• Yo uhhhh my boy poogs... can you uhhhhh maybe include some mention of my wonderful thread on why Guardians is some quality work and is sorely overlooked?
    I kind of feel like posting that in the Guardians section wasn't such a good idea given that it's basically a ghost town.

• Wow! Time flies when we're having fun. I remembered joining the forums in 2010, over eight years ago, after watching some playthroughs of Tales of Monkey Island. Since then, I had to post a lot of stuff that was related to the Monkey Island series, and I even played some of the forum games... for a few months. Those were some good times then.

• I joined the forums in March 2014 for season 2, after originally watching (and then playing) TWDG season 1 because of Pewdiepie's playthrough. If I'm being honest, I don't have the best memories of this forum because sometimes shit got too political and I would leave for periods at a time, but in particular I loved being around during the early s2 era, getting utterly spoiled about Kenny's return and rejoicing with everyone over the return of our man, the amazing model-swapping videos that still crack me up to this day (I love the one where "September" plays at the end as Luke/Bigby and I think Kenny/Beast fight...wish I could find it). Outside of the forums, I loved how mostlypoptarts interacted with fans on the Telltale tumblr and I even got followed by the Telltale tumblr shortly before all this shit went down. Oof.

• edited September 2018

It's a bit of a dumb pick, but it kind of sums up my impression on the matter.

If we could do it all again
    Just another chance to entertain
    Would anybody watch, or even care
    Or did something break we can't repair?

• I think ending it on a more positive note would be best. Everything's sad enough as it is.

For my idea it cant work if I do something like that >_< Basically do you want the ending to be kinda like Telltale going to the great beyond or Telltale dying, is as close as I can get without spoiling my idea

• I'm so grateful I found this place on accident back in 2014 by searching for a question on google haha. I would have never known it would lead me into meeting countless friends who I still talk to and value today. Thank you for all the memories and also, Rhysha Forever!

• I guess it's my turn? Alright. It's been a long time since I've actually sat down and wrote a decently long post. Only fitting that I make one at the end, I suppose.

I discovered this forum a few weeks before Episode 5 of The Walking Dead: Season 2 came out. I found it through the meme and fun thread. Some of the posts in that thread made me laugh so hard I decided that this was a community a man could be proud of. On eof the first posts I ever made was a urban joke in a thread that's topic was how OP was sick of urban jokes. Indeed, right from the get-go, I was an asshole. There were lots of us in 2014. I remember the debates after the Season Finale first came out. They got rediculous, honestly. They were rampant, and I was quick to spread the word of my LORD, the great and powerful Kenny. I remember my posts in which I strongly advocated for the chance to kill Arvo in Season 3. I didn't get that wish. That still bothers me.

Fuckin' shitbird.

I also hated Gil because he's face creeped me out. Still does. Stupid black Duck! I remember when the best ending of Season 2 was spammed everywhere. I remember when Gavin ascended to godhood and lead us all in the slightly inferior to Kennyism religion of Gavinism. I went through a brief phase of tormening people that liked Luke with drowning jokes and cold puns. I remember when probably my favorite thread on the forums was made. I remember the countless threads trying to ship Clementine with people. I remember the arguments before the "no controversial topics" rule got implemented, the backlash against the rule (I still don't like it), the forums after Trump won the election, no one ever liking a single update, and the really poor reception of Season 3 of The Walking Dead. Point is, I remember a lot of shit fromt he four years I've been here.

I am looking through my posts as I write this up for the purpose of reminiscing, and it's pretty amusing how many of my replys in threads is simply, "What?" Anyway, what's my point? To remember all the wonderfully stupid shit I've seen on this site. Even that time I saw a thread titled "Queer Shipping" in the Minecraft section will have a special place is my heart. Its been fun, and I'll miss y'all. Yes, even the filthy Janiac heathens.

Everyone together now! One last time:
    Hail Kenny, full of boats, the 'stache is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst urbans and blessed is the fruit of thy loins, Duck. Holy Kenny, Father of Duck, pray for us shitbirds now and in the hour of our bite, amen.

• Its kinda hard to explain, basically Im ending it with a song and highlighting some of my favorite stuff from all the games, got the music so the sad part reflects more of the sad emotions we feel, but the happy part of the song show more happy scenes, I think its coming pretty well. My problem is the song ends on a more "sad" note and Im not sure if I want that final clip to be sad or more optimistic. Both are honestly kinda sad tbh, but one is a lot more sad lmao

Maybe do both, and include a fake QTE prompt where people can "choose their ending" like a Telltale game by clicking on YouTube annotations? People can choose the Glass half full/empty ending.

• So a little update for everyone:

I plan to get this out by Monday before episode 2 releases, thats the plan atleast, it may be longer but Im fairly confident Ill have it done by Monday. Currently finished writing timeline of Telltales game release, moving on to the community events and some of your guys memories and such, then my little goodbye. If anyone has any ideas they want to throw out to add, let me know.

Also I think Im going to use the more "optimistic ending" it still fits the theme, but it isnt like painful watching due to it being so sad lmao.

• Aww shit man. I wish I'd been on these forums more in the last couple years. I got so busy with other stuff in my life and ended up coming here occasionally, and now that I've decided to come back this shit happens.

• edited September 2018

My favorite (and in my opinion, the most exciting) time on the forums was during when we were trying to figure out who the "I thought you were dead" character was in season 2. I remember all the datamining, theories and all the fake images of Lee returning. I remember people thinking Omid survived even though he got shot in the chest/lung with no obvious proper medical help around. I remember how excited people were with Eddie clearly being on the ep. 4 title screen and how very creepy and dark the episode looked like it was going to be. People were waaaay more excited for that episode instead of episode 2. Instead we just got characters that decided to go fuck off somewhere (literally), random stereotypically evil Russians with bad accents, Jane teaching Clem the knee trick which she already knew according to ep. 2 on the bridge, and no Eddie in sight. Personally, I never cared about Eddie, but a lot of people did. Eventually someone found the Kenny202 file (or whatever it was called). I miss the character model swap videos. Those were always hilarious. I remember the vibrating KENNY CONFIRMED FOR SEASON 2 gifs that got spammed non-stop (I thought it was funny, though).

Telltale's The Walking Dead season 1 made me care about my family more.

I go on these forums every day. It's going to be weird when it's gone.

Edit: I forgot to say Telltale introduced me to Anadel, my second favorite band! They created the season two end credit songs In The Water and Remember Me and some trailer songs too, I believe. If you guys haven't heard their albums and EPs you are really missing out. If you love those songs then you'll love their others, too! I highly recommend their songs Red Sun, Reprieve, Vers Le Sud, Coldspell, Brothers, Lights, Illuminating, Through Houston, Beneath the Tree, August, and Never Much!

• @HelloWorld123 Gotta give you a mention in this. It bites that I decide to show up right around the time Telltale closes. Whatever happens from here on out, it's been great knowing you and I wish you all the best.

I remember when I first came on these forums around early 2014. This was before Season 2 of TWD and there was still a giant thread about Kenny vs Lily. Good times. Also, the Games of Thrones Meme and Fun Thread is always fun to go back to.

• This was not that long ago and I forgot who it was but it was really fun one member wanted our vote if they should order pizza or not that was a fond memory if you can can you get that one as well

• Thanks for the mention! It was nice talking to you as well, back then. Came back on here after the news just because I was curious and it is nice to see someone still remembers me. I hope things are going well for you now and will in the future.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I found this forums from back in 2013, and I remember when the template used to have a white/blue colour scheme. Then the template changed i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.