Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited January 2019 in The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Episode 3 Release Date Discussion

Need help or Support? Contact Skybound Games' Support Team via email for Support assistance.

UPDATE - January 3rd, 2019: As of January 2019, (post-Telltale company closure), Skybound Games will be handling Support inquiries. Contact the Skybound Support Team via email at help@skybound.com

Telltale's old Support pages for "The Final Season" (or older Telltale titles) are still currently up on the Support section, but Telltale Support is no longer updating Support pages or taking tickets/emails as of the September 2018 Company Closure, so please contact Skybound Games' Support Team if you need direct assistance. Thanks!

News

Notable News Update - Skybound Games are now resuming work on The Final Season

November 19th, 2018

An Update On The Final Season of Telltale’s The Walking Dead

Thank you for your patience while we worked with Telltale to take control of TELLTALE’S THE WALKING DEAD. It’s been a ton of work logistically and legally to get us to a place where we’re able to roll up our sleeves and get to the actual work. After Telltale shut its doors, the game was, unfortunately, unable to be worked on and hence the release dates of Episodes 3 and 4 have been delayed. But, we’re excited to let you know that many of the talented, passionate team members who originally worked on the game are resuming development efforts today!

Soon, we will be announcing release dates for the two remaining episodes. It’s likely that previous seasons of the game may be unavailable to purchase for a few days as we transition—but don’t panic!—we’ll have everything back online ASAP. If you already purchased Season Four, you will NOT have to pay again; future episodes will be available to download as soon as they are released via your original point of purchase.

Please continue to check back here on our Skybound site for future updates on the game!

Be respectful of personal boundaries towards Telltale and Skybound Staff members (past and present). Keep all game discussions focused on the content and not the creators. Avoid posting social media content from staff members that is not related to official and intentional game promotion. Please note that most staff members cannot directly comment on future episode release dates, upcoming episode spoilers, etc.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2018

Pete Hawley (Telltale CEO) Statement Waiting Thread [POSSIBLE FINAL STATEMENT EXPECTED SOON]

We are stuck in a limbo that only Pete Hawley (Telltale CEO) can break.

Currently he’s probably scratching his balls in his high rise in San Francisco.

This tweets are the only thing saving us from doom:

Things are fucked up beyond any recondition, I won’t lie, the chance to see episode 3 and 4 are between slim and nil.

The whole team got fired, and even if they find a deal with other developers the soul of the game will be tainted, because who had the passion for developing it is gone.

And adding the fact that even the voice actors are voicing their sadness and anger it makes the whole thing even more hopeless.

As soon as something official come out I will post it here, take this as a space to wait and discuss the outcome of what will be decided by the CEO.

This could very be my last thread.

Take us back, Clementine.

UPDATE 25.08.2018 PARTIAL STATEMENT RELEASED

Some hope...

• We needed this thread. Hopefully telltale is revived, at least the walking dead, and hopefully this place stays up

• fuck man...i would give anything to be back waiting for season 1 ep 2

• Telltale is staying open...they basically made a loophole by firing the employees to avoiding transferring their assets...at least it seems so. We’ll se what Howley has to say for himself

Melton23 posted: »

We needed this thread. Hopefully telltale is revived, at least the walking dead, and hopefully this place stays up

• Yes that time was the best time...

Sir_Tubs posted: »

fuck man...i would give anything to be back waiting for season 1 ep 2

• This has been a pretty shitty weekend.

• The shittiest

ralo229 posted: »

This has been a pretty shitty weekend.

• I found 5 bucks in my local laundromat but that’s the only good news I have to bring.

• Yes...imagine the writers...seing their mind child go up in flames

• Ah you lucky bastard

I found 5 bucks in my local laundromat but that’s the only good news I have to bring.

• So basically wolf 2 and stranger things ARE coming out, and twd WILL be finished... they’ll just be delayed for an extended period of time?

MrGraffio posted: »

Telltale is staying open...they basically made a loophole by firing the employees to avoiding transferring their assets...at least it seems so. We’ll se what Howley has to say for himself

• is...is this hope

So basically wolf 2 and stranger things ARE coming out, and twd WILL be finished... they’ll just be delayed for an extended period of time?

• Now all I need is 5 more and I’ll consider it my refund

Ah you lucky bastard

• Nope they will cash in as long as they can...then close

So basically wolf 2 and stranger things ARE coming out, and twd WILL be finished... they’ll just be delayed for an extended period of time?

• Unless they make a miraculous comeback

Nope they will cash in as long as they can...then close

• Which is highly unlikely...I know its hard but if we look at it objectively...there is no hope...other than a Pete Howley statement

Unless they make a miraculous comeback

• Pete Howley in the next 30 mins:We will finish episodes 3 and 4, and on top of all that you can all appear as special walkers AND have your community names engraved on a wall as an easteregg.

☝️My dream ☝️

Which is highly unlikely...I know its hard but if we look at it objectively...there is no hope...other than a Pete Howley statement

• Don't forget the Wellington patch!

Pete Howley in the next 30 mins:We will finish episodes 3 and 4, and on top of all that you can all appear as special walkers AND have your community names engraved on a wall as an easteregg. ☝️My dream ☝️

• Whut? This whole thing is absurd.

Telltale is staying open...they basically made a loophole by firing the employees to avoiding transferring their assets...at least it seems so. We’ll se what Howley has to say for himself

• ikr right? Here in Switzerland they would have shut that shit down and the government would have founded the project to the end before closing...but you know America is the greatest nation they say

Jayroen posted: »

Whut? This whole thing is absurd.

• Melissa Hutchinson said Episode 3 & 4 probably won't release. I know that's not an official announcement, but it is pretty similar.

• Yes I saw that, but she didn’t got any message about it from people with decision power, Pete Howley is the one with that kind of power

Melissa Hutchinson said Episode 3 & 4 probably won't release. I know that's not an official announcement, but it is pretty similar.

• America is a declining shithole, then again so is Europe.

ikr right? Here in Switzerland they would have shut that shit down and the government would have founded the project to the end before closing...but you know America is the greatest nation they say

• edited September 2018

I think we’re safe. As far as skybound, the publishers of twd, are concerned, this thing is unfinished. They’re going to finish it with their own team somehow, I just can’t see them letting it slide. It’s safe to say though, at least for now, the future episodes have been delayed. BUT they would most likely recycle telltale’s script, which has been finished, so they only need to animated and rehire actors.

Yes I saw that, but she didn’t got any message about it from people with decision power, Pete Howley is the one with that kind of power

• Prepare to wait for a long time then. I don't see why he'd be in a hurry to tell his (now worthless) customers anything. He also already got your money, so why spend anything on the remaining episodes?

• Legal obligations you know, since they haven’t filed for bankruptcy they are still obligated to finish their ongoing products

emanresu posted: »

Prepare to wait for a long time then. I don't see why he'd be in a hurry to tell his (now worthless) customers anything. He also already got your money, so why spend anything on the remaining episodes?

• Agreed! The only person who can tell us what is really going is is Pete Hawley. He is the only source that really matters. This time, silence is not a valid option, Pete!

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a comment any time soon though. The statement said weeks, not days. They are probably trying to work out how to handle this clusterf**k! What statement can they make which will make people less likely to riot, those kinds of things, y'know?

• You can’t fire 80% on a Friday without notice. He will have to answer very soon or the bloodthirsty mob will get to him

Agreed! The only person who can tell us what is really going is is Pete Hawley. He is the only source that really matters. This time, silenc

• "Avoids bankruptcy by firing all employees, legally obligated to finish a product that requires having employees working on it." Good luck figuring that one out Pete.

Legal obligations you know, since they haven’t filed for bankruptcy they are still obligated to finish their ongoing products

• Dammit the title had me thinking that Telltalle's CEO just dropped news on the company's future and TWD randomly at 3:30 in the morning lol.

• Naw its just 11 am where I live. I made this thread as soon as I waked up

Dammit the title had me thinking that Telltalle's CEO just dropped news on the company's future and TWD randomly at 3:30 in the morning lol.

• Guys, I have this feeling that we will get ep3 and ep4. I just know that we will get them. Don't give up hope.

• Im not trying to be an asshole, but you gotta look at thing objectively at some point. The team is gone. Even if the script its done it will never be what it was originally intended.

NexusFire posted: »

Guys, I have this feeling that we will get ep3 and ep4. I just know that we will get them. Don't give up hope.

• Well all I know is the activity regarding Ep3 is that the code is being worked on, if it was cancelled they’d just scrap the code for 3 (what is the point in altering it unless my predictions are correct and they’ve kept it to 3 episodes and altering the story so it ends after 3 that can only be the obvious answer.

• This. It's just like Emily said on twitter.

Companies or studios don't make games. People do.

Im not trying to be an asshole, but you gotta look at thing objectively at some point. The team is gone. Even if the script its done it will never be what it was originally intended.

• This is the only solid proof that we have

• edited September 2018

Of course we will. Skybound make games now and they practically own a share of twd so they’d be inclined to finish it off. Plus, seeing as apparently the 25 will continue foreseeable after mc they will likely go onto twd, considering Pete said we are not shutting down

NexusFire posted: »

Guys, I have this feeling that we will get ep3 and ep4. I just know that we will get them. Don't give up hope.

• Unless the 25 people who they’ve kept on have some background knowledge however small on the walking dead and are quickly wrapping it up over the weekend and we will get a statement saying the walking dead is being actively worked on but might take longer to come out. I mean if the people have story knowledge and such on minecraft they may still have obligations to skybound (partner) and have been given a grant to finish the game and hire staff only when and where they need them on a basis of finishing the walking dead and then be shown the door? I’ve no idea (just going on the steam activity for episode 3) (there will most likely be an announcement on Monday explaining this) because they normally have to alter information on social media etc to say that episode 2 is now released on said platforms.

• WHERE'S THE REST OF MY SEASON PETE?

• I know. It's that I just have this feeling. We'll see.

Im not trying to be an asshole, but you gotta look at thing objectively at some point. The team is gone. Even if the script its done it will never be what it was originally intended.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.