Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Hey, you know what else wasn't a good look, Job

Blowing off an AMA for like 2 weeks, then finally doing it and resorting to passive-aggressive insults towards people for being understandably annoyed about you brushing it off in the first place

Fury2014 posted: »

So true. Like I understand her situation, but apart from her, there is one former employee, who has been so annoying since the day one of la

• I hate to join the pitchfork parade, but we have nothing else to do until we get confirmation from Skybound that contracts are official and production is underway. So with that said...

I never was a huge fan of Job. Those of us who have been here since the Season 2 days can attest to him being awesome one day and come of as annoying the next. However when reading the TTG "horror stories" from the layoffs and all that surrounded Hawley's entrance to TTG, it seems like a part of the first round of layoffs last year were to release toxic members while downsizing the company (which is pretty slick and genius when you thing about it). There were reports that KB had an entourage that carried his mindset throughout the company. I had a feeling that JS was KB's right hand man when they both were present to make the ANF "Ties That Bind" two-parter announcement. There were other previous instances that gave me the impression that KB and JS were best buds. Looking back coupled with how JS openly attacks Hawley but not KB, I can almost put my money on that JS was one of the unidentified individuals that former employees said contributed to TTG's hostile environment.

I mean, I can give Emily and Caroline several passes. They obviously wanted the best for fans and for their coworker's hard work to be given it's due respect. In less than 24 hours of hearing that all would be well, their lives flipped upside down. And social media etiquette is something we are still working at building today. I see their tweets more as them going through the grieving process. Sure, doing that process via public tweets or via social media in general is a bad idea, but social media etiquette is still something that hasn't been truly created yet.

JS though... His stuff is getting more and more embarrassing to read over the years. I'm actually surprised he hasn't jumped on the subreddit to rant and spread misconduct. KB isn't doing as much as he is, and KB was the co-founder. As much flack as KB has received for what he attributed to TTG's demise, he has generally been somewhat professional about it (aside from the lawsuit thing). Shoot, I'll tip my hat for any of the accused toxic members (aside from JS) for not just throwing the company under the bus after the first layoff fiasco.

With that said, I don't think Hawley should be blamed for TTG's demise. It's like a coach mismanaging a team for 5 years, getting fired part ways through the 6th season, the team hiring a new coach immediately after, and that new coach being criticized even though they restructured the team, led it on a winning streak, and brought it to the doorsteps of the playoffs. I truly believe that if TTG could have held on to finish Clem story, Hawley really could have brought in a new era to the company in terms of direction. I mean, what else can you do when in 24 hours you went from having almost guaranteed money secured for the next year to having zero in the bank. I think this is why TTG's didn't declare bankruptcy; there was nothing to bankrupt.

Which leads me to my last point, a point that many have stated already. If TTG had developed their own IP a few years ago back when JS announced it, they might have been in a better place financially. TTG used way too many licensed properties which required massive sales to receive a profit (look at TFTBL; a critically praised game that made no money due to gaming and music licenses). An original IP would have helped TTG make money since it would have cost less thanks to the lack of licenses thus requiring less sales to break even. Also as someone else mentioned, the changes applied to TFS were 6 years late. I'll even give TTG a pass an say that this should have at least been applied to ANF. If TTG could have made a new IP with the updates TFS applied and done it back in 2016, they probably would be in better shape. I don't know if KB would still have been kicked out a year later with Hawley stepping in and cutting down the staff, but this present situation with what's left of the company probably would not have occurred.

I'm just ranting now. I just hope companies take note of what happened with TTG and make changes to not make the same mistakes (unless it's EA, they can definitely have a majority studio closure any time now and nobody would be upset).

This situation sucks...

• You guys need to stop giving Emily Buck attention and publicity. She isn't involved in the process and everything she says contradicts news from actual higher up sources.

• I gave her attention mainly because she was one of the most vocal out of all the laid-off employees. Although, it was pretty ignorant on my part to assume that she was a valid source of information.

You guys need to stop giving Emily Buck attention and publicity. She isn't involved in the process and everything she says contradicts news from actual higher up sources.

• Yeah fair enough. But at this point she is just spreading panic and disinformation and she should be ignored.

ralo229 posted: »

I gave her attention mainly because she was one of the most vocal out of all the laid-off employees. Although, it was pretty ignorant on my part to assume that she was a valid source of information.

• That moment when even the moderators are joining in on the "Bash Job and Kevin" posting.

Deltino posted: »

Hey, you know what else wasn't a good look, Job Blowing off an AMA for like 2 weeks, then finally doing it and resorting to passive-aggressive insults towards people for being understandably annoyed about you brushing it off in the first place

• What a downright idiotic thing for Job to say. He didn't say anything while Bruner ran the company into the ground but feels like chiming in about Pete who tried saving an unsalvageable situation? Downright foolish, I don't miss this guy at all. He was a dick to the community and was more invested in some VR weightless crap than Telltale.

"We need to hold CEO's accountable for this kind of disaster." Then why isn't he spending his time going after his buddy in crime Kevin B

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

There's a lot of stuff most of us could say, but we choose to bite our tongues out of respect (even when people arguably don't deserve it)

Besides, Job doesn't work there anymore, and that behavior in particular wasn't exactly excusable, so...

That moment when even the moderators are joining in on the "Bash Job and Kevin" posting.

• Props to you guys for managing to not say anything regarding Job.

He left a bitter taste in my mouth after certain stuff that he did, that AMA being one of them. :s

Deltino posted: »

There's a lot of stuff most of us could say, but we choose to bite our tongues out of respect (even when people arguably don't deserve it) Besides, Job doesn't work there anymore, and that behavior in particular wasn't exactly excusable, so...

• Yea, I honestly feel like Bruner and Job saw Telltale as a business purely for their own personal gain, hence the dodgy AMA and Bruner's lawsuit. Telltale started going downhill after Dan Connors left.

You can see the power in his eyes, his evergrowing lust to reign as emperor. But to reach his True Form, first he'll need to call upon the powers of his assistant Job. With his DingDingDingDing sorcery, paired with Bruner's potent Lawsuit Lariat, Telltale stands no chance and will fall...

Props to you guys for managing to not say anything regarding Job. He left a bitter taste in my mouth after certain stuff that he did, that AMA being one of them.

• Did we ever learn why Dan Connors stepped down in the first place?

Ghetsis posted: »

Yea, I honestly feel like Bruner and Job saw Telltale as a business purely for their own personal gain, hence the dodgy AMA and Bruner's law

• From Wiki
    In 2014, Dan Connors stepped down as CEO of the company, letting co-founder Kevin Bruner take over for him. In 2017, Kevin was removed from the position by the board of directors and Connors reassumed his role as CEO of the company. Later in the year, Connors again stepped back from the role to allow Pate Hawley to become CEO.
    In September 2018, it was reported that Telltale Games had filed for bankruptcy protections in the wake of shrinking financial assets and company layoffs. Connors remains on the board now only to oversee the completion of the company's remaining obligations.

HE'S STILL WITH PETE! But who cares doesn't make much of a difference anyways.

eRock92 posted: »

Did we ever learn why Dan Connors stepped down in the first place?

• edited October 2018

Now listen to me. If Telltale didn't make Minecraft, it's possible that NONE of games below would not have been made.

SO THANK HIM FOR DELAYED BANKRUPTCY!

Fuck MINECRAFT

• I think Pete Hawley tried to make the best of a bad situation, but the ship was already sinking and no amount of help from him was going to patch up that hole. Sure he made a bunch of positive differences in the company, but ultimately not enough was changed in a short space of time. Like you say above, there were still horrible crunch times and deadlines to meet; if TTG had just taken a step back and said "Look guys, we can't keep up this demand anymore, it's time we backtracked" then MAYBE things could've been better.

Besides the Super Show idea, the biggest problem was the huge expansion from an indie studio of, what, 80 people? Into 400 people so soon. That imo is another major factor to TT's downfall, they just didn't have the funds to invest in the projects and pay their staff and everything else at the same time.

Plus going for 3 projects in a single year? Should've stuck to 2 at maximum, but Bruner just had to get his hands on as many properties as possible. We could've had TWAU S2 and a whole bunch of other great titles by now instead of having to suffer cash-grab titles like Minecraft and Guardians of the Galaxy (if you like these games, good for you)

NexusFire posted: »

So how do you guys actually feel about Pete? Do you think he could've saved Telltale only if he had more time or if Kevin hadn't messed up s

• Sure and we can blame season 2 for pushing us further into the abyss.

Linkyop posted: »

Now listen to me. If Telltale didn't make Minecraft, it's possible that NONE of games below would not have been made. (Spoiler) SO THANK HIM FOR DELAYED BANKRUPTCY!

• I think you're getting Minecraft confused for The Walking Dead Season 1.

Linkyop posted: »

Now listen to me. If Telltale didn't make Minecraft, it's possible that NONE of games below would not have been made. (Spoiler) SO THANK HIM FOR DELAYED BANKRUPTCY!

• I was waitin on it.

Sure and we can blame season 2 for pushing us further into the abyss.

• So much silence...

• When I come to this forum but I have nothing to talk about and I'm still waiting for news.

• I don't watch the show anymore, but what episode is that from?

AronDracula posted: »

When I come to this forum but I have nothing to talk about and I'm still waiting for news.

• I dunno, I wasn't really into Spongebob when I was a kid (Although I really wanted to but I had no brain back then), watched a few episodes and that's it.

DabigRG posted: »

I don't watch the show anymore, but what episode is that from?

• Aye man, Spongebob was a fantastic show for a good while.

AronDracula posted: »

I dunno, I wasn't really into Spongebob when I was a kid (Although I really wanted to but I had no brain back then), watched a few episodes and that's it.

• I'm still surprised we didnt get anything from TWD day

• It was when he lost his name tag

• Oh okay, I vaguely remember that.
    The animation style and coloring looked familiar, so I assumed it was something I saw before I stopped.

It was when he lost his name tag

• Well the show has going on long

Oh okay, I vaguely remember that. The animation style and coloring looked familiar, so I assumed it was something I saw before I stopped.

• Well, I noticed that Telltale Series is gone from the title of game, just The Final Season remains.

• Missing Identity is the name of the episode. I'm 20 years old and I still watch SpongeBob. No shame at all.

• To be fair, the show is nearly as old by now.

ralo229 posted: »

Missing Identity is the name of the episode. I'm 20 years old and I still watch SpongeBob. No shame at all.

• It’s during the night in my country and I’ve got school the next day. RIP

• I'm gonna be at work that day. Fuck.

• Yeah... bet every penny I've got that most "questions" will be about TWAU S2. Irregardless of what Skybound said earlier, we need to show that we want the game to be made!

• lol ur not getting wolf 2 shut up

• I honestly doubt that we might get any huge info from that AMA like a release date for the episodes or how many people from the original team are back.

• Agreed. They will say something like "we are working really hard and diligently with the team to make sure its up to their standards. We will have news on a release date soon!"

That is, unless they have news come out today for the release date (which I think is possible) in which they discuss tomorrow.

I honestly doubt that we might get any huge info from that AMA like a release date for the episodes or how many people from the original team are back.

• They wouldn't do an ama If they don't have anything to say. They have something.

I honestly doubt that we might get any huge info from that AMA like a release date for the episodes or how many people from the original team are back.

• I think she's even happier than us after Skybound saved this game.
    She's amazing.

• They're there to answer questions and improve PR. Unless we get news before hand of a release date, they won't announce it at an AMA.

GSSalvador posted: »

They wouldn't do an ama If they don't have anything to say. They have something.

• If skybound makes their own fourms would any of go join

• Perhaps...

Erinour posted: »

If skybound makes their own fourms would any of go join

Sign in to comment in this discussion.