Red Dead Redemption 2 thread

edited October 2018 in General Chat

Oh come on don’t be suprised we really need this thread to talk about the game. The game is really awesome and it has the best graphics ever a game could have. This is the game of the year

Tagged:

Comments

• I never played Red Dead. Is this one worth buying?

• edited October 2018

Yes you should try it i think you will love it. it’s the best game ever in 2018. And you don’t need to play the first one because this take 12 years before the first one

Dex-Starr posted: »

I never played Red Dead. Is this one worth buying?

• Woah woah woah, let's not forget about God of War and Spider-Man :D

Yes you should try it i think you will love it. it’s the best game ever in 2018. And you don’t need to play the first one because this take 12 years before the first one

• Yeah they were really good but this is the best one ever this year. You will understand it when you try it

Woah woah woah, let's not forget about God of War and Spider-Man

• OMG, this game is getting so many great reviews which makes me want to buy it. But I'm gonna ask, is the story better than GTA 5? Cause for a huge open world like GTA 5, it had such a forgettable and underwhelming story, GTA 4 had a better one because it made me replay the story more than 5 times.

• So far it seems to be better...plus if you love a good western, this seems to be just gravy...I do wish there was an option for a female protagonist...but outside of very few cases...they were thin on the ground.

AronDracula posted: »

OMG, this game is getting so many great reviews which makes me want to buy it. But I'm gonna ask, is the story better than GTA 5? Cause for

• Im a couple story missions in and i only have one thing to say:

"LENNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYY!"

• edited October 2018

The problem with the story of GTA V or GTA in general is how heavy handed the social commentary and parody are handled and all characters are despicable human beings. The storys are entertaining, don't get me wrong, but that's about it.

Red Dead Redemption 2, however, seems to be much more grounded and serious, which seems to work out much better. It's also much more authentic and realistic in its gameplay systems and mechanics, which seems to put off a lot of people. It's also a very slow game. You really need to take the world in to appreciate the game.

OMG, this game is getting so many great reviews which makes me want to buy it. But I'm gonna ask, is the story better than GTA 5? Cause for

• It's been pretty good so far. Not ready to call it my favorite game this year, but that might change by the time I finish it. Achievements have me worried about Red Dead Online already, so we'll see where that goes. I loved RDR, if this ends up anywhere near as good it might make my top 5 this gen.

• I've only played for 3 hours and I can already tell that this game has a lot more to it than the last game. I could probably spend a week playing this without progressing further in the story.

• idk but I prefer Red Dead 1's story a LOT more. Not to say this one isn't bad, I still like it. But I'll never forget riding into mexico.

So far it seems to be better...plus if you love a good western, this seems to be just gravy...I do wish there was an option for a female protagonist...but outside of very few cases...they were thin on the ground.

• That drunken sequence was so funny tho

Im a couple story missions in and i only have one thing to say: "LENNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYY!"

• Honestly one of the best things I've ever seen from a Rockstar game.

Ghetsis posted: »

That drunken sequence was so funny tho

• I'm sure I'll change my mind over the story, it's certainly written better than ever. Nevertheless, I prefer Red Dead Redemption 1's story from what I'm seeing so far. I like this a lot tho, it's really fun.

• I'm still not too far into the game, I really do like the characters but I'm with you as far as the story goes so far. I don't think anything's going to top RDRs ending, maybe in any game, but one thing that's really driving me right now is Dutch. That confrontation between him and John in Redemption was one of my favorite parts, it's been so long since I've done a full playthrough that the main thing I can remember is thinking damn, this is wrong. I don't know if 2 will actually go that far, but I'm hoping it touches on where Dutch lost everyone and they decided it was better to go on their own. Also, I get giddy af whenever I see John lol

I'm sure I'll change my mind over the story, it's certainly written better than ever. Nevertheless, I prefer Red Dead Redemption 1's story from what I'm seeing so far. I like this a lot tho, it's really fun.

• I'm praying for Bully 2 as the next Rockstar game after RDR2. I mean, come on, GTA already has a ton of sequels and they have been focusing on GTA Online since 2013. It needs a break and let other famous games get sequels.

• Wow, I literally made a thread for this game already. I hope one of the mods, merges this with my thread.

• you haven't finished the story though have you ? So its weird for you to say you like red dead 1s story more imo.

idk but I prefer Red Dead 1's story a LOT more. Not to say this one isn't bad, I still like it. But I'll never forget riding into mexico.

• God of war and spiderman don't even compare to this game.

Woah woah woah, let's not forget about God of War and Spider-Man

• No, no they really don't even hold a wad of spit to RDR2 no matter how great those games and boy they where great.

God of war and spiderman don't even compare to this game.

• but I'm hoping it touches on where Dutch lost everyone and they decided it was better to go on their own.

Well, just to get your hopes up... let's just say it was pretty cool.

I'm still not too far into the game, I really do like the characters but I'm with you as far as the story goes so far. I don't think anythin

• Fuck lol. I'm gonna try to finish it this week, soon as I got home Saturday night I went right back into it, think I was awake for about 30 hours before I took a break lol

but I'm hoping it touches on where Dutch lost everyone and they decided it was better to go on their own. Well, just to get your hopes up... let's just say it was pretty cool.

• edited October 2018

I was changing my outfit back at camp when I heard one of the Girls humming Oh My darlin' Clementine from aways. God damn it.

video proof
  • edited October 2018

.... I'm going to go kill some stuff

• When I get it, I’m going to come up with the best ways to kill people. Starting with the classic rope your victim to a train track method.

.... I'm going to go kill some stuff

• Games done a lot to increase immersion with the mud, cleaning weapons etc. However the Wanted system is still dumb as hell lol.

• edited October 2018

The Wanted system is alright. I had about $300.00 in bounty in after a mission and all I had to do was surrender to get rid of it. Good thing I was piss broke at the time. XD

• Hell yeah. I was Drunk when I unlocked it

[spoilered]but now I can shoot with more than one gun at a time!
    This is why there is sequels!
  • I remember Graffio talking about that.

I was changing my outfit back at camp when I heard one of the Girls humming Oh My darlin' Clementine from aways. God damn it. video proof

• To everyone who plays the game on the original PS4 console, how well does it run? Does it waste a lot space on the storage?

• Why is this game getting lower scores from the audience in Metacritic compared to Spider-Man and God of War?

• It's 30fps on a standard. Horrible, yet still playable.

To everyone who plays the game on the original PS4 console, how well does it run? Does it waste a lot space on the storage?

• Angry GTA V PC fanboys who want Red Dead on the PC, but care less for God Of War and Spiderman.

Why is this game getting lower scores from the audience in Metacritic compared to Spider-Man and God of War?

• That feel when you go to fight a gang/animal and forget your guns so you give yourself top-tier golden stats and take out your machete.
    0:23 - 0:58

• Is this worth a buy. I used to love western games when I was younger; remember playing gun on ps2 when I was like 10. It's been awhile since I've played one. I haven't played the first one tho.

• Well at least trolls have found something to do

• Hehehe I wish more people had the stomach to do this irl. World peace would be achieved ?

ClemRanger posted: »

Well at least trolls have found something to do

• Every us citizen should have the right to vote. I hate watching the news anymore just makes me me mad. Fox or cnn doesn't matter. I quite having anything to do with politics. All I care about is my union and paying my dues. Other than that I could care less.

ClemRanger posted: »

Well at least trolls have found something to do

• Please don't make this a political matter I'm just trying to get my point across that everyone Is created equal and that shouldn't be infringed upon. I'm speaking my mind because I'm drunk ?

Ruger_556 posted: »

Every us citizen should have the right to vote. I hate watching the news anymore just makes me me mad. Fox or cnn doesn't matter. I quite ha

• Definitely gonna buy this game tomorrow

Sign in to comment in this discussion.