TFS Strength of Character Ranking

Comments

• at this point im starting to think he s only alive to divert expectations considering how everyone thinks he s going to die. ((But i do hope they end up doing something with him if we get episode 3.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, Omar is definitely much blander here than he was in Done Running.

• The fact that they make a point of simultaneously having him be the only student to get shot, ask Clementeen leave him out in the open to get herself to safety, have Louis/Violet say that he's just gone alongside the disappeared Aasim, and then have the credits clarify that they were both kidnapped adds to that.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

at this point im starting to think he s only alive to divert expectations considering how everyone thinks he s going to die. ((But i do hope they end up doing something with him if we get episode 3.

• I'm so disappointed in Aasim being seriously pushed to the background this episode, and for the scenes we did see him in he acted fairly differently to his appearance in Done Running. I get knowing a person better and learning of their flaws and what have you but man, that whole liking Ruby thing just really came outta nowhere, love is the ultimate foe of logic I guess lol.

Mitch's development was pretty darn generic, but at least he was able to leave on a good note following his death for the majority of players.

Omar is destined to be killed without a lick of development, poor guy.

Like others here have said, Willy will probably get some form of development in the wake of Mitch's death.

Violet/Louis are now determinant so can't really gauge either or considering they can both be taken away, although their one on one scenes with Clementine were solid. However it just really helps cement the fact that they're the only ones in the group you actually need to give a shit about.

Tenn is probably feeling pretty conflicted about things, but I have faith he'll end up making the right call in potential future episodes.

Clementine and AJ will just keep on keeping on I suppose, with Aasim and determinedly Violet both gone I guess we'll indeed see Clementine somehow taking leadership over the rest of the kids, because of course that happens.

Lilly has the most room for growth though, looking forward to see where she's taken in the foreseeable future.

• edited September 2018

After episode 1, Aasim, Ruby, Omar, Mitch and Willy where clearly the minor characters of the group. Aasim got the most development of the 5 (mainly because he was involved in the hunting decision with Louis) but none really made a big impression on me.

After episode 2, I definitely think Omar is the weakest link. He's had very little screen time in both episodes so easily forgotten about. I still don't feel like I really know him (other than he's the cook) and I honestly don't think he will survive.
    Aasim definetly got shunted to the background this episode and whilst it would have been nice to have him get a bit more development, I don't mind too much as I felt he was the most developed of the minor characters after ep 1 and this allowed Ruby and Mitch to get some much needed development.

Rubys actually grown on me quite a lot after ep 2 as we saw a much more caring side to her as she rushed to tend to AJ and came along with Clem and Mitch specifically to keep the peace. This is the reason that makes me believe Ruby was the 3rd to stay vote.
    Mitch I didn't really care for much as he was a jerk to Clem (I get his reasoning but he was easily the most harsh). My feelings towards him changed throughout the episode depending on his behaviour towards Clem but I'm pleased with his heroic exit.
    I feel Willy did get a bit of development from his interactions with Aasim and after loosing Mitch, I definitely feel more is on the way (assuming we get ep 3.... FINGERS CROSSED)

• edited September 2018

Episode 2 spoiler

I think a detail that could be missed is that Mitch and Ruby were sort of the science whiz kids of that school, their approach to the greenhouse and lab showed this. Mitch is obviously some sort of a genius albeit a criminal kind of genius to invent a bomb at the age of 8.

• edited October 2018

@RainbowKitten After episode 1, Aasim, Ruby, Omar, Mitch and Willy where clearly the minor characters of the group. Aasim got the most development of the 5 (mainly because he was involved in the hunting decision with Louis) but none really made a big impression on me.

Aasim definetly got shunted to the background this episode and whilst it would have been nice to have him get a bit more development, I don't mind too much as I felt he was the most developed of the minor characters after ep 1 and this allowed Ruby and Mitch to get some much needed development.

You know, when I saw the Hunting scenario in Done Running, a small part of me wondered why they didn't have Violet along considering you're choosing between two different minigames due to potentially goofing off with Louis and the E3 that reveal the Main Ericson Quartet described her as being pragmatic. Well, I guess someone at Telltale thought the same because Violet just took much of what probably would've been Aasim's role and scenes in the following episode.

Instead, Aasim gets into arguments with Willy, gets punched in the stomach for belittling him, gets teased about his crush on Ruby, goes to kiss either her or a Walker head on a pike on a dare, and finally is just said to have been captured by the Deltas offscreen. As such, Aasim's screentime can essentially be deemed, as @Dex-Starr might put it, taking the piss out of him.

CrazyN8Ball posted: »

I'm so disappointed in Aasim being seriously pushed to the background this episode, and for the scenes we did see him in he acted fairly dif

• Good point.
    I didn't really think to hard about that with Mitch.

Episode 2 spoiler (Spoiler)

• I'm almost certaitly gonna have to come back to adjust this if I ever get time to go back and observe more carefully, but I might put this order out there while it's on my mind:

In Actual Focus
    Louis
    Alvin Junior
    Get Development
    Ruby
    Mitch
    Assim
    Play A Role
    Abel
    Clementeen
    James
    Lily
    Have Their Scenes
    Ms. Martin's Walker
    Violet
    Tenn
    Willy
    Are around
    Rosie
    Omar
    Yonatan
    Sullene
    Dorian
    Sniper

• How do you think the characters in Suffer the Children could've been better?

• You should be able to visit the stove and see Omar cooking and then you can talk to him and he talks about cooking as his way of getting used to the apocalypse, and without it he would be a very different person. That's why he's friends with Louis, he understands his way of thinking and accepts it. He says it's hard to not get depressed when things are like this but hobbies, and in Louis' case jokes, are the way he can live well. Just how Louis earns satisfaction and happiness from people laughing from his humour, Omar finds happiness in people enjoying their meals. After that, Clem can react according to choices, but sees Omar worrying 'midly' saying he's concerned for the school's future and fears they may have to leave, he doesn't know how far, and that Ericson is home to a decent and reproductive ecosystem with lots of good rabbits etc. hence why they've been able to eat so consistently for so long. He's worried that where they'll have to flee will not have good food sources. Obviously, this is ironic because at the Delta there is a lot of food.

When James, AJ and Clem are at the school gates, instead of Willy it is Mitch at the gate who shoots an arrow next to James, before cussing Clem and James out and saying he should shoot her now, and no-one would notice (this should hopefully make the game more mature and have Clem fear for her life since she has no weapons in this scene) James hides behind a tree and Clem can say things to Mitch, idk. But no matter the dialogue option chosen, Mitch is cut off by Louis who tries to fight Mitch/shouts at him to stop. Things carry on as normal. In the two weeks later awakening scene, where Mitch is preparing his bomb, when you finish talking to him he calls you back and says he wants to talk about the scene I discussed earlier. He says Clem should look at Marlon in a better light and that when the outbreak started he and Marlon went looking for Mitch's family, Marlon just volunteered. Mitch's family were dead but the newborn brother, Willy, was hidden in a bin and Marlon found him. 3 weeks from that point, they had to choose a leader and Marlon was unanimously chosen. Everyone liked him and respected him and he even got on well with Minnie and Sophie, Mitch says he's confused why he let that happen, saying they don't know the situation so he might've not had a choice. Clem can respond. Mitch says he doesn't think Marlon initially took in Clem and AJ to give them off. Clem can respond. Mitch says he's thought about things over and over and wants to move on from things and asks for Clem's forgiveness. Later on, Mitch dies in a less dumb way and if you forgave him he would die protecting Clem, giving Lily PTSD Doug flashbacks (determinant) and if you didn't forgive him he surprise attacks Lily and actually manages to hurt her but Lily kills Mitch right after.

You can also talk to all the kids at certain points in the episode and ask them 4 things like in S1.

How do you think the characters in Suffer the Children could've been better?

• Here's something that came to mind: Anyone else notice how at least Louis and Violet seem less detailed and/or realized in the game proper compared to when they were revealed?

• Not at all.

Here's something that came to mind: Anyone else notice how at least Louis and Violet seem less detailed and/or realized in the game proper compared to when they were revealed?

• Oh?
    Well I guess now would be a good time to post this again.

Cheddarhead posted: »

Not at all.

• edited November 2018

Gonna go ahead and link this thread to this one.
    And this one, while I'm at it.

• Violet. The only way she can be improved is to remake the game with her not being there at the first place. She is unsaveable otherwise.

• Probably should've saw that comin.

MaikelRR_ posted: »

Violet. The only way she can be improved is to remake the game with her not being there at the first place. She is unsaveable otherwise.

• Hey.

Probably should've saw that comin.

• Hehe, nice to see I was so passionate about this back in the day. Re-ignite me, Skybound!

Ghetsis posted: »

You should be able to visit the stove and see Omar cooking and then you can talk to him and he talks about cooking as his way of getting use

• The walker combat and collectables are a great touch but I only wish both of these were implemented sooner.

• Collectibles were technically always in the games; the distinction is that they were given nearly as much importance or in this case, glitz value.

The combat was mainly a product of the point-and-click trademark of Telltale and TFS chose to depart from that in favor of a more conventional style. Especially since the combat tended to be some of the clunkier and/or weaker parts of the games.

The walker combat and collectables are a great touch but I only wish both of these were implemented sooner.

• Can't think of one.

• It occurs to me that the title is a tad outdated now.
    Hmph.

• Be a little less obvious, troll.

Violet. The only way she can be improved is to remake the game with her not being there at the first place. She is unsaveable otherwise.

• No-one's mad. They're just mildly annoyed with the failed troll stumping around the forums.

• So you're mad. Anyway, I appreciate that you wanted to pronounce it differently ;DDDD

MinerJas posted: »

No-one's mad. They're just mildly annoyed with the failed troll stumping around the forums.

• So, not gonna bother too much with fancy titles right now and just list characters based on overall performance this time around.

Alvin Junior
    James

Louis
    Violet

Willy
    Ruby
    Abel
    Lee

Tenn
    Lily
    Minerva
    Gina
    Not Really Around
    Assim
    Sullene
    Omar

Micheal
    Armando
    Gad

• Im sorry if you get offended but i think James needs a bit of a improvement because he is a bit too pacifist, i mean i may have not killed the walkers and all but not letting aj kill Lilly? She killed Carley/Doug and then kidnapped lots of kids and cut of Louis tongue (if you didn't save him) i do like him but he should know some people do deserve to die

• Eh, it's a key character flaw and a contrasting one born from his life as a Whisperer.
    And he's a foil for AJ as well.

Im sorry if you get offended but i think James needs a bit of a improvement because he is a bit too pacifist, i mean i may have not killed t

• So, is it safe to say by a majority vote that Minnie is the worst major character right now?

• Looks like I was right about Violet ;D

• edited January 2019

Major character? Her purpose in the story is to be a point of conflict for Violet and Tenn, nothing else. That's why she comes off as so comically brainwashed. She's not here to be a real character and she has a high chance of dying next episode.

So, is it safe to say by a majority vote that Minnie is the worst major character right now?

• Well damn. :joy:

Major character? Her purpose in the story is to be a point of conflict for Violet and Tenn, nothing else. That's why she comes off as so comically brainwashed. She's not here to be a real character and she has a high chance of dying next episode.

• Name checks out.

• edited March 2019

Okay, now that this shit is over, I think it's fair to give this one last go round

Well-developed
    AJ
    Louis
    Violet
    Ruby
    Played Their Role
    Aasim
    Willy
    Abel
    Rosie
    Marlon
    Dorian
    Mitch
    Clementeen
    Could've been better
    Tenn
    Brody
    Omar
    Horse
    Lilith
    Sullene
    Minerva
    Existed as Means
    Sophie
    Yonatan
    Gina
    Gad
    Micheal
    Armando
    Helen
    Eddie
    Llyod
    Rodney

• What about 'Finding Dorian'? Lol.

Okay, now that this shit is over, I think it's fair to give this one last go round Well-developed AJ Louis Violet Ruby Played Their

• Godammit, she was on the list with around Mitch originally! The FUCK?!

What about 'Finding Dorian'? Lol.

• Sorry, I misread too quickly. xo

Godammit, she was on the list with around Mitch originally! The FUCK?!

• Don't worry, I editted her in.

Sorry, I misread too quickly. xo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.