REBOOTING Telltale's The Walking Dead?

In this thread we're gonna be discussing how a reboot could work in a future TWD series by Skybound Games, and why I think it would be a good idea. For starters, I think Rebooting the series from the beginning of the Outbreak going forward with a new Protagonist would provide a Fresh Perspective with Brand New Characters, Better Graphics, and New Gameplay mechanics in the earlier years of the ZA. With time this would also leave open the possibility of cameos by OG Characters like Lee, Kenny, Luke, The Garcias, and even Clementine herself.

Comments

• I'm ok with a reboot,it's just gonna be hard to make a game without Clementine in it,it has to be really good,i really liked the Michonne mini-series so maybe this could work.

• Would that even count as a reboot, though?

• Nope.

DabigRG posted: »

Would that even count as a reboot, though?

• Fear TWD was a reboot of sorts. Morgan wound up making an appearance.

GSSalvador posted: »

Nope.

• Fear was always a spin-off though.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Fear TWD was a reboot of sorts. Morgan wound up making an appearance.

• Fear The Walking Dead is a side story with a different focus on another sect of people, it expands the universe and giving us a glimpse of how these survivors coped with the apocalypse.

Fear TWD was a reboot of sorts. Morgan wound up making an appearance.

• I thought fear was set at the start of the outbreak and a prequel to the main walking dead

Fear The Walking Dead is a side story with a different focus on another sect of people, it expands the universe and giving us a glimpse of how these survivors coped with the apocalypse.

• It is, but it focuses on a different cast of characters. You are 100% right though, I guess I always viewed it as a side story that gave us the opportunity to see how other people tried to adapt to the end of the world, and shows us what life was like in those early days

donmike84 posted: »

I thought fear was set at the start of the outbreak and a prequel to the main walking dead

• I guess Skybound could give it a try.

• Geme more twd I won't mind(but don't suck plz) and I'm fine with it.

• They should do a reboot where everyone can fly, use ki blasts, unlock new forms, and say things like “this isn’t even my final form” and “im only using 10% of my power”

• Sorry but I think there is virtually a 0% chance anymore games will happen after this one. If there was a market for it than Telltale would still be a company. Skybound only finished off the series to avoid bad press. This was a special circumstance and I don't believe there is any intention on making more Walking Dead games of this style after this.

• That’s also possible.

• edited February 2019

Ok I have this idea. It may be kind of silly but here I go...

What if there was a Latin family, the protagonist being a former baseball player. When the apocalypse beings, he becomes separated from his family. Well, minus his sister in law and their kids. They have a really neat van and ....forget it, it will never work.

• That is the worst idea I ever heard. No one would be that stupid to make that.

Ok I have this idea. It may be kind of silly but here I go... What if there was a Latin family, the protagonist being a former baseball p

• They're Cuban. Latin is apparently something of an extra minority?

Ok I have this idea. It may be kind of silly but here I go... What if there was a Latin family, the protagonist being a former baseball p

• Latin American is the term for those who lived in Mexico, Cuba, or any other country South of the US/Mexican Border. The More You Know.

They're Cuban. Latin is apparently something of an extra minority?

• Ah.

Latin American is the term for those who lived in Mexico, Cuba, or any other country South of the US/Mexican Border. The More You Know.

• Yeah, it was a horrible idea.

Ah.

• What?

Yeah, it was a horrible idea.

• I would definitely try another telltale style walking dead game, but I mean, really if Clem or AJ's not in it it's going to have to be amazing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.