Trogday 2011 'Wood Craft' Contest

To commemorate Trogday's wood anniversary I present you, the Telltale fans, with a challenge. I know many of you are quite artistically gifted so I want you to create something Strong Bad related out of wood. Now, it doesn't necessarily have to be a physical item made from wood (of course, wood carvings are appreciated), but even something like using a wood texture in photoshop on a digital picture counts. You have from now until Friday, January 21 at 12:00 pm (Pacific Time) to get your entry in on THIS thread on the Telltale Games forums. I'll then create a poll in this thread with all of the entrants' names and the entire Telltale forum community will have a week (Until January 28 at 12:00 pm Pacific Time) to vote for their favorites. 'What's in it for you?' you ask. Here's what.

• The (1) entrant with the most votes at the end of the voting period wins three games of their choice from the Telltale Games library. (Can be gifted)

• The (3) entrants with the next highest amount of votes win one game of their choice from the Telltale Games library.*

I'm very excited to see all the entries for the contest as I've always been blown away by how creative our fans are!*

Comments

• edited January 2011
    hmm, might take a shot at this (spoiler alert, my entry probaly suck)
  • edited January 2011
    The Cheat is already hard at work on his entry.

loggnawing.png
  • edited January 2011
    I'm going to try this for the fun of it. Now to get thinking of ideas....
  • edited January 2011
    Ok I have an idea but I use Gimp for editing and I suck so...

EDIT: Ok now to woodify everything.
  • edited January 2011
    i dont have a camera to take a picture of my creation
  • edited January 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    i dont have a camera to take a picture of my creation

I didnt take a photo of mine I edited it using a photo editor using screenshots of the game.

Here is mine.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2272&d=1294955842
    It is of the first screenshot of trogdor at strongbadia, only he is attacking strong bad, with part of the lyrics there as a wood proficy for those who dare attack trogdor.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm usually the one asking how many entries we're allowed to enter, so here goes.

How many entries are we allowed to enter. I'm assuming just one, but no harm in asking.
  • edited January 2011
    dentbuds wrote: »
    I'm usually the one asking how many entries we're allowed to enter, so here goes.

How many entries are we allowed to enter. I'm assuming just one, but no harm in asking.

Id think one since it would seem unfair for creating multiple in an instant where some people could put hours and hours of work into the one photo.
  • edited January 2011
    this took about a hour to make i hope i win bttf

This Is My Entry

zeusd1-MARC-5003239.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah just one entry. So sure, you could turn something in, but if you want to switch it out just do that. But only one entry can be entered at a time.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah just one entry. So sure, you could turn something in, but if you want to switch it out just do that. But only one entry can be entered at a time.

While you are answering questions, does my entry technically count as a "wood entry"
  • edited January 2011
    I've got an (innaccurate) Trogdor woodburning I made over the summer. Wait here and I'll post it
  • edited January 2011
    Um... This is a huge probably not, but does my old Pine Wood Derby car with a picture of Homestar pasted on the window count? That old thing wasn't a looker, but it was the only car called The Homestar Runner.
  • edited January 2011
    The community is voting, so sure enter your stuff. If the community likes it, they'll select you as the winner. That said, it must be wood related (wood textures in Photoshop, made out of wood, etc.).
  • edited January 2011
    The community is voting, so sure enter your stuff. If the community likes it, they'll select you as the winner. That said, it must be wood related (wood textures in Photoshop, made out of wood, etc.).

I still would like to know if mine counts as a wood texture.
  • edited January 2011
    So, when you say three games of the winner's choice, are we talking three episodes or three seasons?
  • edited January 2011
    I have an idea! I...

a) Hope it works. and...
    b) Hope no-one else thinks of it.
  • edited January 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    So, when you say three games of the winner's choice, are we talking three episodes or three seasons?

episodes. If it were seasons, and I won, I would so have tried more and then hold my own contest for my amusement.
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    episodes. If it were seasons, and I won, I would so have tried more and then hold my own contest for my amusement.

Not me. I'd get Back to the Future, Wallace & Gromit, and SBCG4AP.
    I've already for SBCG4AP on WiiWare, but I'd love me that DVD.

Speaking of, here's my entry. Not entirely sure if it counts or not, but Alan did say "wood related".
    Trogdorcontest.png
  • edited January 2011
    well i tired making a wooden trogdor in minecraft but i failed, so im out, good luck to those who enter!
  • edited January 2011
    So only 2 people have entered so far.
    Im getting me a free episode.
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    So only 2 people have entered so far.
    Im getting me a free episode.

It's only been one day, man. Gonna be another week before this thing ends.
  • edited January 2011
    It's only been one day, man. Gonna be another week before this thing ends.

Wait week?
    Crap I thought it meant today.
    Aww I might still get me a free episode.
  • edited January 2011

Seasons.
  • edited January 2011
    Seasons.

OK, that's it. Heading down to the craft store NOW.
  • edited January 2011
    Seasons.

...I suddenly sense that I will need to put together a much better entry if I hope to beat the legions of entries that will come from this one post.
  • edited January 2011
    Seasons.

Pffttfs.

SEASONS????
    DAMN!!!
    I REALLY hope no one else except for 2 other people(4 members can have prizes) or low quality.

Oooh seasons, I could get me a few dvds, and hold a few contests on the episodes I already hace.
  • edited January 2011
    In Strong Mad-like thriftiness, I enter my clothespeg, blu-tack and toothpick sculpture!
    No, seriously.
    woodtroggiesmall.jpg
    And slightly bigger here.

EDIT: I updated my entry. It'sa here. Link didn't work first time, by the time I fixed it voting had begun. Think of this as a companion piece.
  • edited January 2011
    In Strong Mad-like thriftiness, I enter my clothespeg, blu-tack and toothpick sculpture!
    No, seriously.

May I just say that that is amazingly awesome?
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks man. It's strange because I don't remember any other Telltale contests being so... quiet.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks man. It's strange because I don't remember any other Telltale contests being so... quiet.

I think the wood aspect of this one is making a lot of peoples' projects take a little more time.
    I'm sure some people are actually carving something, afterall.
  • edited January 2011

I don't care what anyone else enters, you have my vote.
  • edited January 2011
    No, seriously.
    woodtroggiesmall.jpg
    And slightly bigger here.

Love those consummate Vs!
  • edited January 2011
    Seasons.

And all for PC I presume?
  • edited January 2011
    And all for PC I presume?

Yes, but I thought it was just 3 episodes so...
    I dont even think I need 3 more seasons unless they count for jurassic park preorder.
  • edited January 2011
    Hey! For all of you who are still working on entries:

5357847449_b4bd1aa5c2_z.jpg

I was seriously considering buying a woodburning kit, learning pyromancy, er, pyrography, and making a physical representation of this. But, this turned out pretty good, I don't have the skill to learn woodburning in a week, and this leaves a slightly less chance that I'll burn my house down. (a.k.a. burninate my thatched roof cottage.)

And, seriously, awesome pins, Awesomepants!
  • edited January 2011
    I think I will sit this one out... but look forward to voting.
  • edited January 2011
    did i say i'm out? well guess what, poorly done entrey!
  • edited January 2011
    did i say i'm out? well guess what, poorly done entrey!

uhhh.
    Hey you and me dont have that great entrys.
  • edited January 2011
    Hopefully posting mine later today! Although it will be hard to beat clothespin Trogdor.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.