Puzzle Agent 3?

I just finished playing PA 2, and I was blown away. I just felt that there was more story to tell afterwards. So should they do it?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I doubt it. The Puzzle Agent story was allegedly originally supposed to be 5 or 6 episodes long but it was condensed down into 2 episodes. And it shows. I hope they do another, though. I like the vibe.
  • edited November 2011
    I doubt it. The Puzzle Agent story was allegedly originally supposed to be 5 or 6 episodes long but it was condensed down into 2 episodes. And it shows. I hope they do another, though. I like the vibe.

But, it ended on a cliff hanger.
  • edited November 2011
    Not really. The Hidden People storyline was wrapped up. Completely. It left room for a sequel, but I wouldn't call it a cliff hanger.
  • edited November 2011
    Not really. The Hidden People storyline was wrapped up. Completely. It left room for a sequel, but I wouldn't call it a cliff hanger.

7KxTE.jpg

fUZj2.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    Again, I don't call that a cliff hanger.
  • edited November 2011
    moving this to the PA forum.
    fUZj2.jpg

That is principle skeleton from Grickle.
  • edited November 2011
    If only because it comes from a completely different plot thread.
  • edited November 2011
    Oh wow, spoiler. I guess that's what I get for poking around a Puzzle Agent 3 forum without having played Puzzle Agent 2 :o
  • edited November 2011
    Principle skeleton?? I didn't notice that until just now(nice find).

Regarding on Puzzle agent 3. I didnt see anything opened about it, considering the fact that the hidden people arc has been closed. But thats just my two cents.
  • edited November 2011
    Leplaya wrote: »

Regarding on Puzzle agent 3. I didnt see anything opened about it, considering the fact that the hidden people arc has been closed. But thats just my two cents.

Why have the Hidden People story continue? How about something new? Wouldn't you want that?
  • edited November 2011
    Leplaya wrote: »

They're are a lot of Grickle references in the game.(Albeit being a game based on the Grickle universe.)

I've caught space wolf, and the forest electric.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    They're are a lot of Grickle references in the game.(Albeit being a game based on the Grickle universe.)

I saw those references, I was just pointing out I didnt notice Principle Skeleton until somebody had zoomed in on the postcard.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

Space Wolf was obvious, but I don't recall a Forest Electric reference; where was it?
  • edited November 2011
    I think there may be room for other things for puzzle agent to investigate: It could develop into a series if different mysterys are created for him which it is up to him to decipher.

Well, I loved puzzle agent 1 and maybe 2 a lttle less as I had already met the mysterious characters; I actually think it could work better if it is one new mystery per game.

How about it?
  • edited November 2011
    vh6666 wrote: »
    I think there may be room for other things for puzzle agent to investigate: It could develop into a series if different mysterys are created for him which it is up to him to decipher.

Well, I loved puzzle agent 1 and maybe 2 a lttle less as I had already met the mysterious characters; I actually think it could work better if it is one new mystery per game.

How about it?

You see, this is what I actually meant! Thank you.
  • edited November 2011
    vh6666 wrote: »

How about it?

Yeah, this is it, this would be awesome!
  • edited November 2011
    I would love to see a new PA. The second game was a little weak, but first was a classic. I would def. buy a couple of copies of PA3.
  • edited November 2011
    Definitely. In an instant.
  • edited November 2011
    I would totally purchase and play through Puzzle Agent 3.

...I don't really have anything else to add to that.
  • edited November 2011
    I fucking love grickle, and I love puzzle agent!

That said, as much as I'd like to see a 3rd, I think it'd be even better if they moved on to another grickle story instead.

There's only so much you can learn about the hidden people before they lose their mysteriousness, and I feel like PA2 stepped a bit close to the line at the end.

e: uh but keep in mind i would super love a sequel and would buy it basically immediately
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    Space Wolf was obvious, but I don't recall a Forest Electric reference; where was it?

Forgive me, because it has been months since I've played it, but if I remember correctly in this room there's some kind of sound device that plays the tune the duck whistles in We Sing The Forest Electric.

pa2.jpg
  • edited November 2011
    I would play this on day one.
  • edited November 2011
    I'd definitely go for a third. Though I'd love if they could make it twice as long. The only thing bad (and kind of good for hype) is that I'm finished with the game a bit too quickly. And then there's the wait for perhaps another Puzzle Agent. What was cool was that PA2 actually was able to release on multiple platforms a lot faster. Still, with the brevity of the PA games, so far, they have not even begun to outstay their welcome. Bring on more, I say.
  • edited January 2012
    The idea was to make a new case on each game, but it seems that many people wanted a conclusion to the Scoggins story, that's why they did Puzzle Agent 2.

I totally see new games with new misteries, I loved Puzzle Agent 1 (the second wasn't bad but it was like an expansion of the first games, with no much new places or characters.
  • edited January 2012
    I want to see something like Fargo. This game really reminded me of it.
  • The Fargo nod is kind of obvious, isn't it?
  • edited April 2012
    We need another Puzzle Agent game. With a new mystery. I do have some hope considering the first was released June '10 and the second was released June '11.
  • edited May 2012
    I loved Puzzle agent 1 and 2 and I too would love to buy and play puzzle agent 3, and who knows, 4. (what about them having some lovely little sleuthing kids, telltale?).

This series has such a great combination of wierdness, comedy and great puzzling. I love the way tellltale does that - they have their traditional games, like the lovely sam and max and then the strange ones like puzzleagent and hector. I thank you telltale, for giving me variety.
  • Screw the Scoggins thing. Try something new, like a different mystery.
  • edited May 2012
    I probably would have preferred it if the Hidden People arc had just been left after the first game, to preserve the sense of complete mystery; believe me, the way they wrapped it up was a damn good one, and I loved the whole story regarding the astronauts, the lunar ray and - of course - the sasquatch, but it did slightly ruin the 'dumbfounded' effect the first game had on me. So the "new game, new mystery" idea sounds good to me.

It's also worth noting that Grickle had invented the Hidden People before Puzzle Agent came out, meaning they're not afraid to experiment with their current characters and have therefore got A LOT of source material to use (here's hoping that Principal Skeleton does play a part in the next one).

Personally, I'd like to see more of the eerie 'Madness' that undoubtedly comprises the majority of Grickle's short videos, and that we briefly saw in the first game. There's just something about it that genuinely creeps me out, quite a lot, even if it is portrayed through hectic monkey noises. Of course, explaining it fully like with the Hidden People might ruin the effect, but if they could make a game or two centred around it that left you in the same complete suspense present at the end of the first game then that would be great :D
  • edited May 2012
    We need another Puzzle Agent game. With a new mystery. I do have some hope considering the first was released June '10 and the second was released June '11.

Ooh that is a good point - and as far as I can remember there was no warning whatsoever about the second game's release, so here's hoping for a surprise release on June 12th :P
  • edited May 2012
    fUZj2.jpg

Same person as in the youtube vid? http://youtu.be/oGKuZQ4uJ98

Strange? Might me a new backstory? Any new thoughts about a PA3? :confused:
  • edited May 2012
    qwipz wrote: »
    Same person as in the youtube vid? http://youtu.be/oGKuZQ4uJ98

Strange? Might me a new backstory? Any new thoughts about a PA3? :confused:

Jesus thats creepy
  • edited June 2012
    I would LOVE a PA3, (and 4,5,6...) it is without a doubt the best game I've ever played. Not in graphics, story or anything else. Just the whole package. I just love this game, it's the only one I have found that is just perfect in my eyes. I really, really, really hope there will be a PA3. Even if I had to make it myself. Please TellTaleGames, it is such a good game. Pretty, pretty please!

Lots of hope and love for PA from Norway.
  • edited June 2012
    actually grickle needs to mix up make somothing unexecpetced like lets say tethers is on a brake from work and gets a call from issac and he ask for his help because the hidden people are angrerd or something and they could use the astronauts or someones else theres anything they could like this the astronauts are killing people off and are strating a cult and tethers has to come in and save everyone but plese please make puzle agent3
  • edited June 2012
    We want Puzzle Agent 3, TellTale, plz plz plz!!!!
  • akmakm
    edited July 2012
    Jester131 wrote: »
    We want Puzzle Agent 3, TellTale, plz plz plz!!!!

Hear, hear! (Also, PA 4, 5, 6....)
  • edited August 2012
    Give it more of a film noir sense this time around, instead of the Fargo type setting.
  • edited August 2012
    Make the 3rd more dark. And film noir like. :) Please
  • edited August 2012
    I loved Puzzle agents 1 and 2, and I really need parts 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 etc)))
Sign in to comment in this discussion.