"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Well, that stinks.

At least it gives everyone something to look forward to at the end of the week, and it's better to play on a Friday, too, when most people have some free time.
  • edited April 2013
    attachment.php?attachmentid=3819&stc=1&d=1366473085

I think Steam's categories may be a bit broken.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    I think Poker qualifies as a sport, mate. Way too many things these days do.
  • edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    attachment.php?attachmentid=3819&stc=1&d=1366473085

I think Steam's categories may be a bit broken.

While poker's status as a sport is up for debate, there are people who'd say it qualifies.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Aye, it's tournament style poker, which a lot of people do classify as a sport.
  • edited April 2013
    I really can't believe the game has been delayed, i'm fine if its for fixing glitches etc but if this was some of Mircosoft's bs about wanting the game first or something like that then that's really annoying.
    edited April 2013
    If I remember correctly, PK1's unlock date was also pushed back? Or was it just a really long wait without a timer... Can't remember which one.
  • edited April 2013
    While poker's status as a sport is up for debate, there are people who'd say it qualifies.

Poker is not yet recognised as an Olympic sport, but doubtless - like as is planned for Chess - it is a shoe-in for the Winter Olympics....*

* OK, the argument goes something like this. What do you do back at the lodge after a hard day's skiing? Why, play chess, of course.
  • edited April 2013
    Olympics are amateur sports and poker is only played by professionals of course. Just ask every single one of them :p
  • edited April 2013
    What are the days that XBLA and PSN update for the US?
  • edited April 2013

These, I believe, answer our burning question. It's just as well the ones buying for PC are patient! I sure don't feel it right now...
  • edited April 2013

I know PSN always updates on Tuesday, usually at 7 PM EST, which makes the release pushback even stranger.

From the research I've been getting, XBLA updates on 3 AM EST, but it updates at whenever it wants to. Wednesdays, sometimes weekends, the day it updates just sorta seems to happen without excuse.

I wouldn't blame anyone just yet; maybe it was someone on Steam's end who accidentally increased the unlock time forward? Unlikely, but anything's possible.
  • edited April 2013
    Somewhere in the world, on a lonely day, a teenager falls into a deep depression. He doesn't know why, or if his life really sucks all that much. All he wants is to step out.

He decides to go online, go to his twitter, post a suicide note somewhere, just to get attention. The first place he decides to go to though is Steam, to just look at all the games that he might never see again in the afterlife. He then notices a little gem. Poker Night 2. Man, that brought up a lot of memories, about his time with Max, Strong Bad, the Heavy and Tycho, all the fun conversations he had. He noticed that the sequel is on pre-order.

And then he notices another thing.

"Sports"

That was the day his life was spared.
  • edited April 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    These, I believe, answer our burning question. It's just as well the ones buying for PC are patient! I sure don't feel it right now...

we've had plenty of practice :P
  • edited April 2013
    Well from the looks of it, we will be getting the game cheaper than on other platforms so I guess we can wait a few days more :p
  • edited April 2013
    I am getting it on Xbox because my Mechromancer needs a Max head...
  • edited April 2013
    got it on steam probably get it on xbox as well for the glados avatar/test chamber
  • edited April 2013
    Try to add stuff to the TVTropes page so I can know what to look forward to on Friday :)
  • edited April 2013
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/poker-night-2/achievements/

Poker Night 2 achievements are up, but there's nothing really new.
  • edited April 2013
    Oh good, the likelihood of them screwing up THESE achievements are MUCH slimmer than last time it seems.
  • edited April 2013
    So it is looking like when you win one persons cash in, you win 2 rewards. One platform exclusive, one Borderlands 2. Given that there are 5 items for each category, and 5 buy-ins.

When GLaDOS needs to buy in though is still up for question.
  • edited April 2013
    Hmm... considering how deep in debt I am in PN1, I'm not quite sure about how I can get the $1Mil achievement in this one...
  • edited April 2013
    At least the achievements help confirm once more that buying drinks for others is a thing, which I think will be fun.

How much do you think they'll cost? The stakes are 20k USD ending in a profit of 80k USD per successful tournament. Assuming drunk characters stay sauced for the entire game, this seems like a really big difficulty-adjustment modifier. I could see it being something like 10k per drink.
  • edited April 2013
    Hmm... considering how deep in debt I am in PN1, I'm not quite sure about how I can get the $1Mil achievement in this one...

I know. The only time my debt let up was when my saves were deleted :o
  • edited April 2013
    ^^ Either that, or it could cost tokens...
  • edited April 2013

Actually, The Player did quite well in Poker Night 2. It's canon.
  • edited April 2013
    So those it come out on PSN this Tuesday or next Tuesday?
  • edited April 2013

It could be a cumulative winnings from bets total rather than end game result thing. I could be wrong though.
  • edited April 2013
    RELEASE DATES:

24th for XBLA
    26th for PC
    30th for PS3 US

And an IOS release has been confirmed.

Yep, It was delayed because MS.
    EDIT:Also, does IOS include the Android Marketplace?
  • edited April 2013
    RELEASE DATES:

24th for XBLA
    26th for PC
    30th for PS3 US

..it's coming out EARLIER FOR XBLA?!

I've seen the depths of hell, but only the dead can know peace from this evil.
  • edited April 2013
    If it's coming out for Android, there's a good chance I'll buy the game a second time (as I have a Kindle Fire). I wonder what sort of things would be won in the mobile versions?
  • edited April 2013
    ..it's coming out EARLIER FOR XBLA?!

I've seen the depths of hell, but only the dead can know peace from this evil.

It seems lately Telltale's had to get really weird with their release dates due to the Xbox 360. I'm sure we all remember the Jurassic Park delay. And every Walking Dead episode seemed to alternate between coming first on the PS3 and coming first on the 360.
  • edited April 2013
    As I said earlier, when it comes to multiplatform releases Microsoft often pushes really hard to make sure theirs comes out first. Since this game gives avatar stuff and the like for that version (and I've heard there's some strict oversight in place if you want to do stuff like that), that's probably as good a reason as to why as any.
  • edited April 2013
    RELEASE DATES:

24th for XBLA
    26th for PC
    30th for PS3 US

Thank you!

I was looking forward to getting it tomorrow, but can wait another week.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm okay with waiting (plus, that gives you an entire weekend without anything to do to play Poker Night 2), but it's just a shame. Wouldn't it make more sense to put Poker Night 2 on Steam the day after the XBLA version comes out, or does Microsoft require that push-back so there's no funny business?

Regardless, at least Poker Night 2 on Steam comes out in the afternoon instead of later in the night (funny enough) like Poker Night 1.
  • edited April 2013
    Of all the BS crap why does Mircosoft get this first? They put TTG through so much crap to get other games out and now we got to assume they are demanding that they get it first.
  • edited April 2013
    Of all the BS crap why does Mircosoft get this first? They put TTG through so much crap to get other games out and now we got to assume they are demanding that they get it first.

Because Microsoft has the money to do so.
    edited April 2013
    Because Microsoft has the money to do so.

But for how long? I wonder will the new xbox backfire horribly.

I don't know much about consoles, but my hopeful "logic" is saying it will.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.