Release date info/discussion

edited June 2013 in The Wolf Among Us
Hello people:)

I just wanted a thread, to help us keep track of the newest information about, when we can play the first episode og The Wolf amoung us.

I have seached a lot, but I can't find anything about it. So I hope, that you will all post every bit of info you got, in this thread, to help everybody, who does not live on this forum:)

Ps. Rumors are wellcome to:)

Comments

• ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Summer. That's all we got.
  • edited May 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Summer. That's all we got.

Thanks. Then at least this thread will be ready, when something does happen:)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I herewith reserve the right to open a new one or hijack the first post of this one. :)
  • edited May 2013
    I herewith reserve the right to open a new one or hijack the first post of this one. :)

Sounds like business as usual. ;)
  • edited May 2013
    Oh yeah?

Just called the GSG-9... Gamers save gamers - NEIN...

redsmiley01.png
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like business as usual. ;)

The "release date thread" is actually a rather recent invention. And the first post should be continuously updated FACT so the new dudes and dudettes aren't mislead by the usual wikia/wikipedia wishful thinking or site X placeholder date/potentized rumor shenanigans.

I intend to also put up an FAQ soon-ish, but I really don't have the neccessary A's to my Q's yet. :(
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I intend to also put up an FAQ soon-ish, but I really don't have the neccessary A's to my Q's yet. :(
    Your post got me to make one. I've always wanted to do one, and now I have. Yay! :D

Now, we just have to wait until there's enough information for the FAQ thread to be updated. :) Or, Telltale can just surprise us all and release the first episode out of the blue. I wouldn't mind that either. ;)
    edited May 2013
    I had something more in depth in mind. But concise & crispy is of course also an option. ;)
  • edited May 2013

Well that makes two of us...
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013

Me too. :p

Beyond "summer", there's no concrete release date as yet, but when there is you can bet it'll be announced on Facebook, Twitter, our blog... and I guess in this thread too. :)
  • edited May 2013
    Hey everybody, any info on how many "Hair-Raising" episodes are planned for the first season?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Hey everybody, any info on how many "Hair-Raising" episodes are planned for the first season?

Not yet, but it will definitely be episodic.
  • edited May 2013
    4 or 5 episodes is a good bet.
    edited May 2013
    Riots break out in the Walking Dead forums if it's more, so five is actually the best bet there is. :o
  • edited May 2013
    Riots broke out in the Walking Dead "fanbase" when Telltale wrote a blog post on Sam and Max, so lets not consider them when guessing episode counts :p
  • edited May 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Riots broke out in the Walking Dead "fanbase" when Telltale wrote a blog post on Sam and Max, so lets not consider them when guessing episode counts :p

God forbid Sam & Max celebrate their 25th anniversary without some trolls and idiots whining about a completely unrelated game. I was pissed off the game kept getting spoiled for me, but the Sam & Max thing is where I drew the line between the immature community (TWD Sub-Forums) and the mature one. (Every other Sub-Forum)
  • edited May 2013
    and the mature one. (Every other Sub-Forum)

How does the Poker Night community get considered part of the mature group again?
  • edited May 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    How does the Poker Night community get considered part of the mature group again?

By not being The Walking Dead. :p
  • edited May 2013
    By not being The Walking Dead. :p

Yeah, basically this. :p
  • edited May 2013

And I herewith reserve the right to be the guy freakvently asking; Is it there yet?

Well I must have something in return, when you hijack my post:)
  • edited May 2013
    So TellTale people, are we talking Juni, July or even August?

And by the way: Is it there yet?
  • edited June 2013
    First glimpse of the game? Or is it TWD s2? https://vine.co/v/b3gbMwUuD1x
  • edited June 2013
    The style of cell-shading looks more like the one used in The Walking Dead than what we´ve seen of The Wolf Among Us (plus, Day 2 could be a reference to the name of the first episode "A New Day").

I wonder if this is the content-between-seasons Gary Whitta talked about?
    edited June 2013
    It's Walking Dead related and has nothing to do with The Wolf among Us.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we're going to get a better release date idea at E3. Assuming that Telltale can get a word out that isn't related to more Walking Dead.
  • edited June 2013
    So... Should we expect a trailer or anything this week?
  • edited June 2013
    Some more info on this would be wonderful, Telltale. I liked "The Walking Dead" as much as the next guy, but you're still fully capable of making other games.
  • edited June 2013
    e3 is all twd dlc..

another event will have twau so puzzle said
  • edited July 2013
    Do we have any new info on when this is gonna be released? I was under the impression that it would be this summer before TWD comes out around fall, but would have expected a release date by now.
  • edited July 2013
    Yertos wrote: »
    Do we have any new info on when this is gonna be released? I was under the impression that it would be this summer before TWD comes out around fall, but would have expected a release date by now.

Yeah, it seems like TellTale is hesitant to talk about it :/
    Looks like a great game though! Hope it releases before September-Hopefully early August!
  • edited July 2013
    Yertos wrote: »
    At this point it looks as though it'll either arrive in the next couple of months to little fanfare, or they'll concentrate on getting TWD S2 out the door (as that's the one that will make $$$ and that everyone other than me is waiting to hear something about) then start concentrating on marketing TWAU. It wouldn't surprise me if that were to be the case.
  • edited July 2013
    xyphic wrote: »
    At this point it looks as though it'll either arrive in the next couple of months to little fanfare, or they'll concentrate on getting TWD S2 out the door (as that's the one that will make $$$ and that everyone other than me is waiting to hear something about) then start concentrating on marketing TWAU. It wouldn't surprise me if that were to be the case.
    That seems to have happened. Summer is going to end soon, so if we don't hear anything this month, it's probably delayed until Walking Dead S2 comes out.
    edited July 2013
    That seems to have happened. Summer is going to end soon, so if we don't hear anything this month, it's probably delayed until Walking Dead S2 comes out.

Don't assume anything like that until there's official information. TWaU is far more advanced than TWD Season 2; and TWaU toys with a lot of fancy new choices mechanisms TWD would profit from. The way I see it, postponing the Fables game to rush out Season 2 of The Walking Dead would be a classic "missing link" situation in their evolution. I'm not saying Telltale absolutely wouldn't do it, but I'm saying it really wouldn't make sense.
  • edited July 2013
    Technically, it could be released as late as September 21st, and it would still be "summer."
  • edited July 2013
    I kind of begin to doubt it will happen this summer. There is just nothing, no news, marketing etc. Also Telltale should make sure to not release it at the same time as TWD season 2, because that event would steal all the atention of the game. We'll see.
  • edited July 2013
    Abel wrote: »
    I kind of begin to doubt it will happen this summer. There is just nothing, no news, marketing etc. Also Telltale should make sure to not release it at the same time as TWD season 2, because that event would steal all the atention of the game. We'll see.

Sad but true. I am personally still really interested in this game. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.
  • edited July 2013
    Sad but true. I am personally still really interested in this game. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Highly doubt that. It has been covered in Game Informer so I feel like there is a good chance. It just that the spotlight is on Telltale's money maker.
    edited July 2013
    Chances are we'll hear something this week.

SDCC is officially over, TWD craze is officially yesterday, just let puzzlebox come back...
  • edited July 2013
    Fingers crossed! After the game informer article I was really excited and then nothing happened...
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Here's hoping. It would be nice if we could see a trailer (or at least a teaser) soon. The Game Informer screenshots were amazing, I'd love to see the art in motion. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.