Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Naw man, those guys are all laughs and no brains.

Hank would be some Texas charm to the table, and be pretty good at poker too.

Yeah but they already did Texas hold em in this game.
  • edited May 2013
    Scnew wrote: »
    Carl would be great, but I feel like either Shake or Meatwad has to be there with him giving her terrible advice to really get him angry.

Haha true. Maybe more Shake than Meatwad. Hereeeaaaly gets on Carls nerves.
  • edited May 2013
    How about Tsunade from Naruto? She has her funny moments and is a gambler.
  • edited May 2013
    I am waiting for TWD zombie, Poopsmith, Chell and Einstein (the dog) Poker Night
    Just think of the dialogue...
  • edited May 2013
    This would probably be a good way for the player to learn how to distinguish between different types of crickets chirping at the same time.
  • edited May 2013
    Tsunade would always loose that makes it too easy
  • edited May 2013
    Einstein,Gromit,K-9 from Dr. Who,Hong-Kong-Phooey
  • edited May 2013
    Malcolm Reynolds played by Nathan Fillion
    Vegeta
    Jack Burton played by Kurt Russel
    Solid Snake
    Steve ( Hey OOOO )
    Christopher Walken
    Grumpy Cat
    Boba Fett
    Data ( Star Trek )
    Handsome Jack *
  • edited May 2013
    I just got some ideas for Scott Pilgrim (were he a player).

Bounty Item: Ramona's old Subspace Bag (it exploded at the end of volume 6, Ramona got a new one)

Unlocks: Power of Love for a Half-Zatoichi reskin, Ramona's bag to replace Scout's exercise bag in TF2. Borderlands 2 unlock could be

Inventory Reskin: Reskinned to look like the Chaos Theater, Scott turns into Nega-Scott. First player eliminated gets thrown into Subspace, courtesy of Ramona.

Playstyle: Scott's aware that he's in a video game (similar to how there's lots of fourth wall breaking in Scott Pilgrim) that's also taking place in a cross-dimensional mutliverse, plus he's very headstrong already, so he plays recklessly and generally just bullies the other players with huge bets and re-raises (because he figures it won't matter if he loses, much to the chagrin of his friends).

Friends (people like Max or Moxxi to hang around): Ramona and Wallace, mostly. Stephen or Kim could also be around, but if it was limited to one extra guest per player, Ramona and/or Wallace are the obvious choice.
  • edited May 2013
    Let's see what I can offer here...

Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango)- A classicly iconic character of the point-n-click era with sthe potential for some strong dialogue potential.
    TF2 Unlock: Department of Death Scythe - Demoman
    Cameo: Domino Hurley

HK-47 (KotoR)- A solidly constructed, hilarious character that would open up a lot of interesting dialogue options through the game. Aggressive and hostile to other players.
    TF2 Unlock: Droid Assassin Rifle - Sniper
    Cameo: Ebon Hawk

Professor Layton (Professor Layton)- Gentlemen. Scholar. Here to play poker. Layton is one of those interesting, dialogue heavy characters that would adapt great for a game like this.
    TF2 Unlock: Gentleman's Tophat - Spy

Taronga Leela (Futurama)- One of the stronger characters in the animated scene right now, Leela is very iconic, likable, and has a lot of potential for dialogue between other characters.
    TF2 Unlock: Hero's Hairpiece - Pyro
    Cameo: Zapp Brannigan

And finally.... the host of tonight's proceedings....
    The Dealer
    Dr. 'Eggman' Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog)- The doctor is in. Robotnik is one of those super iconic video game characters that's gotten to the point where it wouldn't be odd for him to appear without his protagonist, and he's not entirely evil enough for him to not be welcome at the inventory. His gadgets and flying cart allow him to scoot in and out of the scene smoothly.
    TF2 Unlock: Maniac's Moustache - Medic (Adds a Robotnik Nose + Moustache)
  • edited May 2013
    Let's see what I can offer here...

Manny Calavera (Grim Fandango)- A classicly iconic character of the point-n-click era with sthe potential for some strong dialogue potential.
    TF2 Unlock: Department of Death Scythe - Demoman
    Cameo: Domino Hurley

HK-47 (KotoR)- A solidly constructed, hilarious character that would open up a lot of interesting dialogue options through the game. Aggressive and hostile to other players.
    TF2 Unlock: Droid Assassin Rifle - Sniper
    Cameo: Ebon Hawk

Professor Layton (Professor Layton)- Gentlemen. Scholar. Here to play poker. Layton is one of those interesting, dialogue heavy characters that would adapt great for a game like this.
    TF2 Unlock: Gentleman's Tophat - Spy

Taronga Leela (Futurama)- One of the stronger characters in the animated scene right now, Leela is very iconic, likable, and has a lot of potential for dialogue between other characters.
    TF2 Unlock: Hero's Hairpiece - Pyro
    Cameo: Zapp Brannigan

And finally.... the host of tonight's proceedings....
    The Dealer
    Dr. 'Eggman' Robotnik (Sonic the Hedgehog)- The doctor is in. Robotnik is one of those super iconic video game characters that's gotten to the point where it wouldn't be odd for him to appear without his protagonist, and he's not entirely evil enough for him to not be welcome at the inventory. His gadgets and flying cart allow him to scoot in and out of the scene smoothly.
    TF2 Unlock: Maniac's Moustache - Medic (Adds a Robotnik Nose + Moustache)
  • edited May 2013
    One of my Poker Night fanarts on dA has gotten a bunch of comments asking me about the next Homestar Runner cameo, and I feel bad that I can't answer anyone beyond "this is what I heard Matt Chapman was working on, and this is what he said on his Twitter". I'm not employed with either Telltale or the Chapman Bros., so unless it's posted on a social network site, I'm not really sure. I have zero insider info.

I did say though who I felt would be the best or my favorite characters to cameo, though.
  • edited May 2013
    My picks would be
    One of the bots from mst3k
    The Sniper (I can already hear him getting a bad card during a showdown. "Ah, Piss")
    Roman Bellic
    Gary Smith (from Bully)
    and The Joker as the dealer.
  • Poker Night 3 Top 10 Casting Suggestions:
    The Engineer (Team Fortress 2)
    Tom Servo (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
    Wallace (Wallace and Gromit)
    Miles Lionheart (Las Lindas)
    Hector (Badge of Carnage)
    Mr. Goldblum (DasBoSchitt)
    Coach (Left 4 Dead 2)
    Duke Nukem
    Egoraptor (Game Grumps)
    Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation)

or...

Ladies Night at the Inventory:
    Leela (Futurama)
    Pearl Forrester (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
    Aeris (VG Cats)
    Thea Stilton (Geronimo Stilton)
    Mora Linda (Las Lindas)
    Cybil (Sam and Max)
    Elaine (Monkey Island)
    Cookie Masterson as the Dealer (You Don't Know Jack)
  • edited May 2013
    Oh I am TOTALLY in favor of Tom Servo, there! Good suggestion!

I am dying to see Peacock from Skullgirls in it. She's such a whacky character she would fit in as a suitable replacement for max, or even as a game host!

I'd also love to see...
    Deadpool
    Bender or Morbo
    Sybil Pandemik
    The Sniper
    Professor Layton (Then again that's a Japanese game series so that's extremely impossible. :< )
  • edited May 2013
    Lilith from Borderlands 2
    Scout from Team Fortress 2
    Marty from Back to the Future
    Archer

Dealer: the Narrator from Bastion
  • edited May 2013
    I would love to see one of the Aqua Teens be part of the game. Or maybe even their neighbor Carl.
  • edited May 2013
    Here's a not-too-short list with some of my picks:

Earthworm Jim
    Leela from Futurama (Or maybe Bender)
    "Leasure Suit" Larry
    Sal, Grandpa Stinky or Flint Paper from Sam and Max
    The Goon from the Goon comic
    Ben Throttle from Full Throttle
    Manny Calavera or Glotis from Grim Fandango
    Bernard or the Purple Tentacle from Day of the Tentacle
    Philosoraptor (Using a leftover raptor model from Jurassic Park)
    LeChuck from Monkey Island
    Horny from Dungeon Keeper
    Indiana Jones (Because why not?)
    Max Damage from Carmageddon
    Wreck-it Ralph
    Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend
    Jim Raynor from Starcraft
    Doctor Robotnic\Eggman from Sonic
  • edited May 2013
    Let's see...
    Axe Cop (voiced by Ron Swanson)
    Codex (voiced by Felicia Day)
    Manny Calavera (voiced by Tony Plana)
    Indiana Jones (voiced by Kid Beyond)
  • edited May 2013
    Crazy Soldiers Night at the Inventory :
    Weird Ed Edison ( Maniac Mansion )
    Major Crumb ( Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures )
    Clocksmith ( Hector Badge of Carnage )
    Larry ( The Walking Dead Game )
    Dealer: Lilly ( The Walking Dead Game )

Anime Villains Night at the Inventory :
    Edo Madara Uchiha ( Naruto )
    Frieza ( Dragonball Z )
    Meowth ( Pokemon )
    Xemnas ( Kingdom Hearts )
    Dealer: Sephiroth ( Final Fantasy )

Badass Chicks Night at the Inventory :
    Carley ( The Walking Dead Game )
    Morgan Leflay ( Tales of Monkey Island )
    Citizen Brown alternate Jennifer ( Back To The Future Game )
    Nima ( Jurassic Park The Game )
    Dealer: Olivia Benson ( Law and Order )
  • edited May 2013
    If we're getting ANY anime character, which wouldn't really fit, I think the best choice is Usopp from One Piece.

*Usopp is known for being a notorious bluffer and a coward. Looks like his AI is set.
    *Usopp has obvious tells in the series, including shaking his legs and stuttering.
    *Usopp is considered the comedic relief, and can act as a straight man and a funny man.
    *Usopp has several alternate costumes, including SOGEKING~!
    *One Piece has reason to be promoted, being finally back on American television.
    *One Piece is very popular with the demographic that Poker Night aims towards.
    *Team Fortress 2 has the Sniper. I could think of hundreds of items that go with him.
    *Usopp has dials, slingshots, treasure, goggles, and other possible bounty unlocks.

He's the only anime character I could ever imagine being in Poker Night.
  • edited May 2013
    "I have eight THOUSAND ACES in my my hand! Fold now if you don't want to lose every chip on the table! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"
  • edited May 2013
    "I have eight THOUSAND ACES in my my hand! Fold now if you don't want to lose every chip on the table! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"USOOOOOOOOOPP fold."

Imagine him telling tall tales about his poker victories. Or maybe pretending like he actually runs The Inventory to try to get an upper hand. God, Telltale. Make this happen now!
  • Some more suggestions...

Dave Lister (Red Dwarf)
    Zorak (Space Ghost)
    Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
    Weird Al Yankovic
  • edited June 2013
    Guybrush Threepwood is almost a MUST for the next Poker Night game as the Telltale representative. That might be interesting.

As far as the other characters:

Gromit has got to be the dealer. That would make things very interesting, because in real poker, the dealer's supposed to be the strong, silent type.

Duke Nukem would be an interesting poker opponent.

Maybe throw in Space Ghost as the obligatory TV character, John McClane as the obligatory film character, and then maybe have more than just those. Maybe it'd be something where every game is different because you have up to 64 opponents and the 4 opponents you get at any point are randomized. That might cut down on repeated dialogue just a tad.
  • edited June 2013
    Oh good, I'm not the only one who feels Sterling Archer would be ridiculously perfect for this game.

If not him, Pam Poovey!
  • edited June 2013
    Teeth wrote: »
    Oh good, I'm not the only one who feels Sterling Archer would be ridiculously perfect for this game.

If not him, Pam Poovey!

Yeah, Archer is a no brainer.

But please not Pam. I've gotten kinda sick of her over-presence since she became a field agent. Give me Kreiger or Cyril instead!
  • edited June 2013
    In Poker Night 3 I would like to see a female player, and also multiplayer support.
  • edited June 2013
    It would be cool if the Narrator from Sam and Max The Devil's Playhouse is the host and the dealer for Poker night 3 . Don't get me wrong i like Winslow but the Narrator would be a perfect host for the next game like for example the player ( AKA us ) and the new players are waiting for Winslow but the Narrator shows up and and tells everybody that Winslow is busy and Glados is occupied with her experiments so the Owner offered the Narrator the job and he gladly took it and i can imagine him screwing around with us by teleporting here and there .
  • Elwood Blues
    Larry Laffer
    Ace Ventura
    Duke Nukem
    Peter Griffin
  • edited June 2013
    I know I'm crazy for thinking this would be perfect, but Joey Richter and Dick. Dick constantly influences Joey's decisions. "Listen to your heart, Joey..."
  • edited July 2013
    Ryu-Chan wrote: »
    I know I'm crazy for thinking this would be perfect, but Joey Richter and Dick. Dick constantly influences Joey's decisions. "Listen to your heart, Joey..."

Hey! The game would be rated M! Why not add in that?
    Starkid for the win.
  • edited July 2013
    Tank Girl From ...Tank Girl
    Coach Mcguirk from Home Movies
    Larry Laffer from Leisure suit Larry.
    Master Shake from ATHF
    OR

Coach Mcquirk from Home Movies
    Archer from Archer
    Bob from Bob's Burger
    The Master From Venture Bros
  • edited July 2013
    Coach Mcquirk from Home Movies
    Archer from Archer
    Bob from Bob's Burger
    The Master From Venture Bros

Host: Jon H. Benjamin from Jon Benjamin Has a Van.
  • edited July 2013
    Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2 is a must.
  • edited July 2013
    I'd like to see Gary/Henchman 21 from the Venture Brothers. Especially since he is such a pop culture nerd.
  • The Three Stooges
    Tex Murphy
    Eric Cartman
    Snake
    Jacques Clouseau
    Popeye
  • Just to update my previous posts...

The Engineer (Team Fortress 2)
    Eddie Valiant (Who Framed Roger Rabbit)
    Zorak (Space Ghost)
    Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
    Tom Servo (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
    Wallace (Wallace and Gromit)
    Miles Lionheart (Las Lindas)
    Hector (Badge of Carnage)
    Mr. Goldblum (DasBoSchitt)
    Coach (Left 4 Dead 2)
    Duke Nukem
    Egoraptor (Game Grumps)
    Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation)
  • edited July 2013
    Alternate video game character: John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)
    Tell Tale video game character: Bigby Wolfe
    Adult Swim character: Gary/Henchman 21. (Venture Brothers)
    Random character: Spike Spiegel
  • Oh crap! I forgot Jay! (Clerks)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.