SBCG4AP 101: Homestar Ruiner! - It's Out!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    i'm pretty sure telltale is based (along with nintendo) in pacific time. that's the united states, homie. not global.

or if you're just pretending to be british or something, and you actually live in the united states or canada or general north american continent, it'll be out at the same time across all them time zones.
  • edited August 2008
    Cheers Kiddo, I am British (Scottish actually), and have just come back from Redmond, Washington where Nintendo of America have recently moved from so can gather the concept of PST.

Just thought with Greenwich being so close I might get lucky and grab a first peak.

Cheers for your time and attention in assisting me.

-m0r
  • edited August 2008
    ach! aye! yeh'll git yehr gaem sewn ehnoof. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    2523558839_38130e019d_o.jpg

I think you'd appreciate this one more than most.

-m0r
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    As said in the other thread, the U.S. WiiWare release will be at 9:00am Pacific Time on Monday. Barring any unforseen insanity, the PC release should be coming in around the same time.

The PC release is of course worldwide on Monday morning (because anyone with a PC can buy it and download it regardless of where they live :)). As for the Wii version in Europe, European WiiWare games always release on Fridays, and Nintendo of Europe tells us that the game will be available on 8/15.
  • edited August 2008
    m0r1arty wrote: »
    Cheers Kiddo, I am British (Scottish actually), and have just come back from Redmond, Washington where Nintendo of America have recently moved from so can gather the concept of PST.

Just thought with Greenwich being so close I might get lucky and grab a first peak.

Cheers for your time and attention in assisting me.

-m0r

Actually, PST = GMT - 8:00.

I live on the East coast of the US, which is GMT - 5:00.

so EST = GMT - 5:00.
  • edited August 2008
    well, with daylight saving time, apparently eastern time is GMT -4. at least, according to the bottom of this page ;)
  • edited August 2008
    It's 7:17 here now... but it's much earlier than that in the US :(
    Blah, still several hours left! :eek::(:p
  • edited August 2008
    Hmm... 0900 11/8 PDT = 0200 12/8 AEST

Looks like it'll be a late night for me then... (and yeah, the dates are right, if you're American that's how the rest of the world writes it...)
  • edited August 2008
    As far as I know, George Washington started writing dates that way to confuse the British when communicating plans for the Revolutionary War. It was writing the dates this way that earned us our independence, as Brits stumbled around trying to figure out what Revolutionary forces meant by doing something on the 20-someth month of the year.
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah there is still about 10 hours or so left... (from the time stamp of this post)

get some sleep.... :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2008
    Sleep tight, dewds.
  • edited August 2008
    As far as I know, George Washington started writing dates that way to confuse the British when communicating plans for the Revolutionary War. It was writing the dates this way that earned us our independence, as Brits stumbled around trying to figure out what Revolutionary forces meant by doing something on the 20-someth month of the year.

It's a shame the Yanks didn't get hold of a Vigenère system or have Lady Lovelace and Charles Babbage on their team - The game would have been out by now "For sure!"

-m0r
  • edited August 2008
    Spare a thaught for us poor people in Ausralia!

Its 2100hrs here in Sydney and still no game. :-(

Sooooonnnnnn........................
  • edited August 2008

So, In other words, Americans write the date like that because they intend it to be confusing. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    3 More Hours For Me 8:00AM It 5:05AM Here
  • edited August 2008
    so, release at 9:00 PST would be 12:00 EST? I'm a bit confused.
  • edited August 2008
    Dash383535 wrote: »
    3 More Hours For Me 8:00AM It 5:05AM Here
    Wait a minnute, does that mean you get it 8:00AM with the pacific? You'd have to get it at 11:00AM 'cause if you did get it at 8, it would still be 6 in Cali. But that depends where you live of course:D.
  • edited August 2008
    well its 2340 hrs here in Oz and still no signs of the game. Its gonna be a loooooooong night!!
  • edited August 2008
    It's 10 till 9 here and I'm attempting to wait calmly for this game to come out.
  • edited August 2008
    omg its comeing out to day.i am so exsited. wut time
  • edited August 2008
    Spell correctly and maybe we'll talk to you.
    9:00am PST
  • edited August 2008
    It's the 12th in Australia now!
  • edited August 2008
    Givil wrote: »
    omg its comeing out to day.i am so exsited. wut time

if Strong Bad was reading this i'd be cracking up with laughter
  • edited August 2008
    This reminds me of an email....
    ...when Dangeresque 3 is coe-ming out...
  • edited August 2008
    Givil wrote: »
    i am so exsited.

There's a cream for that.
  • edited August 2008
    so i know the game comes out today but at wat hour and min.
  • edited August 2008
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    It's 10 till 9 here and I'm attempting to wait calmly for this game to come out.

I just preordered mine expecting to download it and DO'H! it's a preorder! I should have known it wouldn't be out for a little while longer. :D

This is going to rule. Can't wait to get my hands on some major Snake Boxer V!!!
  • edited August 2008
    ARG!!!

Whah! I can't take it any longer! GIVE ME SOME STRONGBAD KICKING HOMESTAR'S BUTT ON MY WII ACTION ALREADY!
  • edited August 2008
    is it comin out in 4 min?
  • edited August 2008
    Four minutes? Where the hell did you get that?

And Luigi, calm the f*ck down. It's coming out at 9:00am PST.
  • edited August 2008
    1 hour to go where i live
  • edited August 2008
    I will now end all contraversey (<---spelled correctly?) the real, official release times for the wii are:

12 PM Eastern
    11 AM Central
    10 AM Mountain
    9 AM Pacific
  • edited August 2008
    123123fun wrote: »
    I will now end all contraversey (<---spelled correctly?) the real, official release times for the wii are:

12 PM Eastern
    11 AM Central
    10 AM Mountain
    9 AM Pacific

No, it's spelled "controversy"
  • edited August 2008
    No, it's spelled "controversy"

Oh! Controversial.

-m0r
  • edited August 2008
    It's Aug 11 and I STILL don't see it on WiiWare...

? ? ? ?
  • edited August 2008
    It's Aug 11 and I STILL don't see it on WiiWare...

? ? ? ?

Well, wait till the SHOP CHANNEL IS UPDATED!
  • edited August 2008
    apparently I get it at 12:00. tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...
  • edited August 2008
    12:00 PM Eastern for me. I'll just stay calm. Even though last night I couldn't sleep because I was excited for this game...
  • edited August 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    NINE O' CLOCK PACIFIC STANDARD TIME

IS IT THAT F*CKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
    I'm going completly and totally fucking insane, aren't I?

well you are a broken computer...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.