Anyone else disappointed in the coverage TellTale has given The Wolf Among Us?

edited May 2013 in The Wolf Among Us
I certainly am, we haven't gotten any piece of information in awhile and since this is coming out in summer it makes me even more nervous that they figured out it sucked and are just quietly releasing it.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    It's standard practice for Telltale to be very quite until very close to release time.
  • edited May 2013
    Have you seen the info about TWAU in the latest Game Informer issue? There's enough to keep you excited for the game.
  • edited May 2013
    Zeruis wrote: »
    Have you seen the info about TWAU in the latest Game Informer issue? There's enough to keep you excited for the game.

Well that's part of the problem, a good chunk of the forum hasn't seen it. I've been meaning to renew my subscription, though I'm never sure if I should go Digital or Paper.

Anyway, this isn't really out of the norm for Telltale. We'll get a slue of information, trailer, pictures, websites, talk shows, along with some kind option for preorder option in due time.

From what I've heard, and the blurry, small, low-quality images I've seen. I am definitely going to preorder.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Ah, heck, we'll get coverage enough. I'm not sure how limiting the coverage to one (1) print magazine could help sales, but I'm rather certain that May won't pass without some good stuff for everyone.

If not, the internet will somehow cough up that article one way or another... :cool:
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Game Informer eventually releases their print articles on their website. Their big Broken Age preview was in the same issue, and it's now online.

If that preview is anything to go by, their preview of The Wolf Among Us should be online very soon. :)
  • edited May 2013
    Can anyone post a link on this thread when they publish their The Wolf Among Us preview online? I really want to read that article and see the pretty pictures :3
  • edited May 2013
    I imagine we'll get a lot of coverage at E3 & Comic Con
  • edited May 2013
    I do think it's troubling how little fanfare the game's been receiving, both from Telltale themselves and the community. Most times it's brought up at all it ends up being greeted with the usual "Don't care where's Walking Dead 2."

If you liked The Walking Dead so much, you think you'd have at least a little interest for a similar game by the same developers.
  • edited May 2013
    I don't care about the walking dead 2, where's the wolf among us!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    The Game Informer piece is just the start. I'm sure by the time we're coming up on release week the forums will instead be filled with "shut up about The Wolf Among Us already, you're promoting it too much" threads!
  • edited May 2013
    I've been a bit disappointed with coverage on the last few titles. TTG used to do a lot more self promotion on here (and I get that the company is growing etc. and needs to expand marketing opportunities), but it would be nice for a story to break on Telltale's own site for a change rather than IGN, Game Informer etc.
  • edited May 2013
    There's an interview about The Wolf Among Us on Rock Paper Shotgun that went up:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/16/telltale-on-wolf-among-us-following-the-walking-dead/

Apparently Kevin Bruner is the President of Telltale now. (Assuming CFO also means President now and I'm slow, or it's just that RPS made a typo...)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2013
    Apparently Kevin Bruner is the President of Telltale now. (Assuming CFO also means President now and I'm slow, or it's just that RPS made a typo...)

Kevin Bruner has always been Telltale's co-founder and CTO (Chief Technology Officer), recently President was added to his title as well.
  • edited May 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Kevin Bruner has always been Telltale's co-founder and CTO (Chief Technology Officer), recently President was added to his title as well.

Interesting, good for him. Dan and Kevin came very far, I'm glad to see them referred to as "Presidents" or "Co-Presidents" now rather than "CEO" and "CFO" (Not that there's anything wrong with that... :o)
  • edited May 2013
    I might just buy The Wolf Among Us due to my extreme love of the Walking Dead and if it is just half as good I will be happy.
  • edited May 2013
    The Walking Dead was very eagerly anticipated by not just the gaming community but also the mainstream media aswell. Keep in mind, The TV show was picking up steam, so every scrap of information & tie-in spread extremely quickly through the Internet. This was no-doubt helped by the media machine that TWD franchise people had in place to already promote the show.

In contrast, Wolf Amoung Us is based on a world that is soley known as a comic book property; no movie, no TV show, no mainstream exposure. Additionally, not being a superhero book, the game is based on a property that is relatively niche.

Both these factors result in the _perception_ that there is not much information out about it. As Jake previously posted, we're still in the quiet months, and things will start popping up as the release date draws closer. just think where things stood with the other games around the same time frame. Was there a- hey...

...where's the pre-order posting and the Insider Forum?!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Soup wrote: »
    ...where's the pre-order posting and the Insider Forum?!
    Telltale never starts accepting pre-orders before a release date has been announced. All we know now is "summer", and it's not even summer in the United States yet.

Summer in the US lasts from June 21 through September 22, so we've got quite a bit of time left yet.
  • edited May 2013
    Speaking of lack of coverage, does anyone know about the style of the game? I've just seen the latest blog post and it looked like they may be using rotoscoping.
    edited May 2013
    Lathea wrote: »
    I've just seen the latest blog post and it looked like they may be using rotoscoping.

Live action is being used for reference in some cases (people here have been filming a bunch of reference material for the animators... or maybe it's the choreographers), but it's not rotoscoping.

E3 is less than 3 weeks away now! The Wolf Among Us will be very much the focus for us there, so you can probably expect to see more details and interviews hitting then.
  • edited May 2013
    Live action is being used for reference in some cases (people here have been filming a bunch of reference material for the animators... or maybe it's the choreographers), but it's not rotoscoping.

Thank you! :)

I was getting a bit worried because rotoscoping triggers my motion sickness real bad (can't look at it for more than a few seconds). Now I can actually play the game :D
  • edited May 2013
    maybe a line or two about twd dlc / s2 as well cos you know some interviewer will ask ;)
  • edited June 2013
    Have to say that I'm pretty disappointed that all we've had so far is the Game Informer article and a couple of interviews. TWAU is the one title that I've been looking forward to since it was announced (even though I've never read Fables). It's understandable that TTG want to push TWD as much as possible, given its popularity, but I don't understand the almost total information blackout on this game.
    E3 is less than 3 weeks away now! The Wolf Among Us will be very much the focus for us there, so you can probably expect to see more details and interviews hitting then.

So it seems the day one focus was once again TWD. Looking forward to finding out if any more TWAU information comes out in days two and three. I'm just hoping that the focus hasn't shifted too much...

Edit: Can't believe I've had an account here for over 6 years, and this was my first post...
  • edited June 2013
    Well, from the 400 days thread
    It's all 400 Days at E3 - we're planning to do The Wolf Among Us at another event.

Obviously the focus has shifted since three weeks ago.
  • edited June 2013
    Priority coverage goes to the thing that's coming out sooner. So from that the Walking Dead DLC will be out before TWAU.
  • edited June 2013
    Priority coverage goes to the thing that's coming out sooner. So from that the Walking Dead DLC will be out before TWAU.

So the game might not come out until August!?
  • edited June 2013
    That is one possibility. And that is still summer.
  • edited June 2013
    Pretty disappointing...
    edited June 2013
    mosfet wrote: »
    Obviously the focus has shifted since three weeks ago.

It did, and I agree with Hero that it's a bit disappointing. But understandable to a degree: we shouldn't forget how short the production time frames usually are for Telltale. To 'focus' on something doesn't take a year for them like it does other companies, so this focus can be complete and enthusiastic - and it can shift pretty quickly if need be.

However, this is a marketing strategy that is clearly entangled in Telltale's 'old' ways of doing things. We've heard time and again that simultaneous releases are just around the corner for TTG - in the same vein, they'll have to learn simultaneous presentations of their games as well. Seems like they're not quite ready for that yet. :p
  • edited June 2013
    I can only think of 2 events where they could show this off at. If it's not at SDCC, it'll be at PAX.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm really getting tired of how much exposure The Walking Dead is getting. It's not exactly a shock, but I really don't want Telltale to end up as "The Walking Dead Company."
  • edited June 2013
    I'm really getting tired of how much exposure The Walking Dead is getting. It's not exactly a shock, but I really don't want Telltale to end up as "The Walking Dead Company."

Better they become "The Walking Dead Company" than "LucasFarts: The Star Wars Dairy Farmer" :p
    edited June 2013
    I can only think of 2 events where they could show this off at. If it's not at SDCC, it'll be at PAX.

They do love both, it's true...
  • edited June 2013
    SDCC would actually be a perfect fit for any Fables related thing as it's far more known as a comic book series than anything else.
    edited June 2013
    SDCC would actually be a perfect fit for any Fables related thing as it's far more known as a comic book series than anything else.

But that's more than a month away. Seriously, I had hoped the first episode would be out by then. We're never going to finish the Season in 2013 if they don't start soon... you can imagine what this means for other parts of the forum... :o
  • edited June 2013
    Maybe there will be something at PAX Australia (July 19-21). Yeah, I didn't think so either :D
  • edited June 2013
    To not show anything at all from TWAU at E3 is surely a huge disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to 400 as well, but it definitely has a much lower priority on my list at the moment.

If 400 is first in the release queue it's an understandable move. Although not being able to show two games at a huge press expo feels kind of weak if both have come a long way in their development cycle.
    edited June 2013
    Molokov wrote: »
    Maybe there will be something at PAX Australia (July 19-21). Yeah, I didn't think so either :D

Welll... puzzlebox would CERTAINLY love to go...
  • edited June 2013
    To not show anything at all from TWAU at E3 is surely a huge disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to 400 as well, but it definitely has a much lower priority on my list at the moment.

If 400 is first in the release queue it's an understandable move. Although not being able to show two games at a huge press expo feels kind of weak if both have come a long way in their development cycle.

The problem is that TWD would completely overshadow TWAU. If Telltale want to give TWAU the best chance of success, it needs to be shown on its own without TWD there to steal its limelight. So it's understandable that there's no new information at E3, but still disappointing that our hopes of E3 being the big TWAU event have been dashed!
  • edited June 2013
    Im happy that TWAU is finally getting some discussion :D
    edited June 2013
    Molokov wrote: »
    Welll... puzzlebox would CERTAINLY love to go...

I would indeed be EXTREMELY happy to go to PAX Australia!

It's not happening though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.