The Walking Dead: 400 Days - DLC for Season One - JULY - release dates in 1st post

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    Photos of our E3 setup! I snapped these just before press started coming in at noon. All in glorious cell phone camera quality! ;)

Outside of our booth with the big 400 Days banner (this is where we greet press as they come in for appointments):

Attachment not found.

Inside the demo theatre, nice comfy couches and framed concept art on the walls. That's Rich and Kevin chillin before we start the demos.

Attachment not found.

Beers! We have a tiny bar in the entrance area (you can just see it on the far left in the first picture, there's a fresh keg and it's manned by a bartender for expert pours). On the couch in the pic are Harrison and JR. This was taken at like 11:30am... if Harrison is slurring in his later interviews, you'll know why. :p

Attachment not found.
  • edited June 2013
    Can I ask who the Lead Writer is for this DLC? Was it a collaborative deal where you got multiple of the leads back from season 1 to work on separate characters stories?
  • edited June 2013
    zev_zev wrote: »
    Well 400 days it's a more then one year, and it's could mean that Clementine R.I.P. already, because 400 days is a very long time. anyway I DON'T want I don't want to leap in time, and immediately see the ten-year Clementine with the Mossberg 590 shotgun )

I do not want Clem to die :'(
  • edited June 2013
    Take my money please...
  • edited June 2013
    nice pic's pb, and you know i was in two minds about you being a bro or womanfolk lol so
    stay awesome 'sis' !
  • edited June 2013
    Nice set up. How come Bonnie is the only character out of the five not in the main 400 Days picture?
    edited June 2013
    Ismokeherb wrote: »
    Can I ask who the Lead Writer is for this DLC? Was it a collaborative deal where you got multiple of the leads back from season 1 to work on separate characters stories?

This was very much a collaborative effort in the writers' room. All of the people who worked on season 1, plus some new additions to the writing team who are helping on season 2.
  • edited June 2013
    I have a feeling that the old woman cancer survivor is in fact a witch. http://media.tumblr.com/8c4583428c664d27cc933d12868bd4f0/tumblr_inline_mo8ubnDKqG1qz4rgp.jpg I's it only me?
    EDIT: Her eyes are windows into the dark abyss.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Will we be seeing Wolf Among Us as well, or is the main focus 400 Days?
  • edited June 2013
    I'm really interested in the fact that this DLC is going to cover bits and pieces from the first 400 days after the outbreak. If I'm correct, the events of Season 1 took place over the course of a little more than 3 months. That's only about 100 days. I'm super stoked to see what they show after the events of Episode 5.
  • edited June 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    This was very much a collaborative effort in the writers' room. All of the people who worked on season 1, plus some new additions to the writing team who are helping on season 2.

That sounds magical. Thank you for your swift response.
  • edited June 2013
    JakeSt123 wrote: »

No, the walker girl is one of the contest winners from season 1.
  • edited June 2013
    Seriously exciting stuff. Can't wait to hear more.
  • edited June 2013
    When are you guys going to show gameplay?
  • edited June 2013
    vivec wrote: »
    When are you guys going to show gameplay?

They have a live demo at e3, but they're not allowing press to film it because of spoilers.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2013
    JakeSt123 wrote: »

Sadly it's just the same haircut model. Wah wah.

Laura said this already but in more detail, the 400 Days writing team includes Sean Vanaman, Gary Whitta, Mark Darin, as well as newcomers Sean Ainsworth (who co-directed episode 5 of season one) and Nick Breckon (a new guy!). The story team, programmers, cinematic artists, and designers also include, and a lot of other folks from the season one team.
    edited June 2013
    Will we be seeing Wolf Among Us as well, or is the main focus 400 Days?

It's all 400 Days at E3 - we're planning to do The Wolf Among Us at another event.
    Thank you for your swift response.

No worries! I have a little spare time in between the demos and am enjoying burning through the last of my laptop battery. :p
  • edited June 2013
    Where do you see that Clementine won't appear in this DLC ?

As far as i know they have only said that this new episode won't be about her... She have to appear in this DLC, she is the link between season 1 and 2

This is completely different !

But I'm kinda disappointed... It's not I don't like the idea but 400 days... It's too much.
    You should do the same thing with a period of 100 days...
  • edited June 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sl5aRss0Zk
    0:47
    It's the Everetts' Drug store
  • edited June 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sl5aRss0Zk
    0:47
    It's the Everetts' Drug store

I wonder if the shots at the end of Episode 1 were centred around that guy.
  • edited June 2013
    Could someone please tell me what song is playing in the trailer??? I.. I HAVE to know!
    edited June 2013
    Could someone please tell me what song is playing in the trailer??? I.. I HAVE to know!

The song is a custom composition by Jared Emerson Johnson, it's part of the 400 Days music.
  • edited June 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    The song is a custom composition by Jared Emerson Johnson, it's part of the 400 Days music.

Does it have a name?
    edited June 2013
    Does it have a name?

Not yet. Probably just a filename.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm so excited I think I'm gonna puke!
  • edited June 2013
    Well that's something different from TT.
    How hard and different it is to create characters who you have to empathize to just in a 15-20min story arch? Five times in a row?
  • edited June 2013

Damn....... Well thanks anyway.
  • edited June 2013
    The DLC seems epic !
  • edited June 2013
    Even if Clem has a cameo in the DLC or she is being saved for the Season 2,it's all good!!! seeing the cancer survival group was high up on a lot of lists on what fans wanted to see more of,i hope we see Vernon's grizzly end :D
  • edited June 2013
    telltales 400 days info page says Clem will not be in this DLC

Hum... This is wrong right ?

This page only mentions that the DLC won't be about her... It doesn't mean that she won't appear necessarily ? (i think, just like Clemmy1 that she will appear in a cameo... It would be enough for me :p)

Please answer me :D!!!
  • edited June 2013
    Well then, it seems the Cancer group gets a reunion xD

And man, it wasn't Kenny in the truck! Darn it!
  • edited June 2013
    i reckon clem is not in at all cos that what that comment sounds like BUT..

possibly the dlc will end in or near a field of barley/ wheat / maybe with a desert rose in there somewhere..and some bee's locked n loaded...
  • edited June 2013

Well that WAS how Guybrush got his name :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2013
    Malkow wrote: »
    Hum... This is wrong right ?

This page only mentions that the DLC won't be about her... It doesn't mean that she won't appear necessarily ? (i think, just like Clemmy1 that she will appear in a cameo... It would be enough for me :p)

Please answer me :D!!!

She probably won't have a major role. She may show up in the end of the DLC though to tie into season 2. Or the main characters are the new group she joins in season 2 or something.
  • edited June 2013
    hey mods / ttg staff

a bit off topic

but since you're watching this thread i'm wondering would / could you guys make a walking dead style 'bejeweled/bttf blitz/candy crush themed fbapp / game

reckon it would be interesting..i miss the bttf blitz game..
  • edited June 2013
    Mikejames wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. My only worry at this point is wondering how they're going to flesh out five new main characters within the length of one episode, but I'm eager to see how it plays out.

Who's to say they have to be fleshed out completely in this episode? They may all potentially appear in Season 2 where they'll have plenty of time to be developed further. The fact that each of these characters are only getting 20-30 minutes of playtime each tells me that this DLC may simply be establishing their backstory and showing us bits and pieces of how they each managed to last to day 400.

This may not even be the case though. I'd be lying if I said I didn't share your concerns too. I'm still stoked though either way. :)
  • edited June 2013
    2:17 in that interview video looks like Bonnie is Day 236 now and not 220.

Also what if that guy who looks like Andy IS him if you let him live in Episode 2 and maybe he'd seem to turn over a new leaf heh wouldn't it be something if you were caught up in a decision to save him or one of the cancer survivors hmmm...
  • edited June 2013
    2:!7 in that interview video looks like Bonnie is Day 236 now and not 220.

You have noticed that too !

Would it be a mistake or a mixed chapter?
  • edited June 2013
    Malkow wrote: »
    You have noticed that too !

Would it be a mistake or an intervention of Bonnie in Shel's story ?
    Yeah that could be it or the videos we saw last week were concepts yeah...
This discussion has been closed.