"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• They still get money from the steam version ya know, so dont give them anymore money

Well it finnaly works but im getting Steam version as soon as I can

• Nah I uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing changed. I guess you were just lucky.

DSSword posted: »

To everyone getting the "you don't own this" message, I was able to play the game after uninstalling-reinstalling it. whether that speificly fixed it or the server have been updated i dont know i just hope this helps.

• Wow, what a possitive attitude people have, seriously, have some modesty and behave like you were raised properly, yes it may suck that you're not able to play the game, but please, just give it time and it will work.

Mine worked after 5 mins of getting the error that I don't own the game, so now I will enjoy my episode 1 :D.. Good luck to all of you with getting to play asap.

• So yeah, I was just in the toilet having a wizz and remembered that this same exact thing happened when I pre-ordered L4D2 and didn't get early access to the demo like we were promised. So much for steam being perfect! (maybe it's the curse of the zombie games...)

I took an evening out so I could 'play' that too... -_-

I've been part of other pre order launch disasters too, I think the most recent one was AOE II HD edition. After that I promised myself I wouldn't pre order another game but have clearly forgotten.

Anyway, I decided to make myself a little desktop background so I remember to never pre order a game again in my life ever. Enjoy.
    Alt text

• I don't even get a login screen, when i "click to begin" it waits for a few seconds and then displays the login error screen. :(

• Yeah here too. This is witchcraft.

Lanan posted: »

I don't even have the possibility to log in. No message that I don't own the game. Only the error.

• AlexMA
    Flag Hide comment

Still telling me I can't connect to the telltale server, come on.

same here, really telltale why do i bother paying you when crackers have it out and working?? NOT happy!

AlexMA posted: »

Still telling me I can't connect to the telltale server, come on.

• We wont I asked and GMG threw 2 bucks at me...

I really hope we get a Steam key for this. I don't mean to sound whiny or anything, but it's hard not to when Steam users can play the game fr

• Well, I'm glad that works at one person, at least. :)

gibs posted: »

Hey, it worked for one guy here. Thanks mate. That or maybe they coincidentally fixed something at the same time. Regardless, you get my praise

• Yelling through a keyboard, now theres a talent

I dunno, I'm seeing quite a number of people who'd rather sit here and yell than get a pirated version, so apparently it did some work.

• Does anybody else have a 'locked' symbol next to the My Choices tab in the menu? When I click on it nothing happens. If I start the game, will it take into account my saves from Episode 1?

• THIS WORKED!! THANK YOU!!!

Budbrush posted: »

I got it to work. You want to login with your account name. If the login dialogue is not displayed to you enter "regedit" in execute window

• We are not thieves - we paid money for this game. That's why we don't pirate it and don't want to. We want the service we paid for.

But apparently that's too complicated for you to understand. Seriously, you have nothing better to do than to sit on the forums and troll?

I dunno, I'm seeing quite a number of people who'd rather sit here and yell than get a pirated version, so apparently it did some work.

• It does seem to work now, and no you don't have to uninstall and reinstall the game to finally get it to work, at least I didn't have to.

But yeah, I'm still keeping my ticket open on Paypal because I just don't trust Telltale to handle the DRM end of things but do trust Steam. And had they made it clear that I wouldn't get a steam key when I pre-ordered, I wouldn't have pre-ordered.

• Like other people I can now connect. I then go to change the resolution, click apply and it crashes :D
    Uninstalled and re-downloading.

• "My Choices" refers to the choices on Season 2 only... When you start a new game, then it asks you about the saves from Season One. Get fun!

Goatmeal posted: »

Does anybody else have a 'locked' symbol next to the My Choices tab in the menu? When I click on it nothing happens. If I start the game, will it take into account my saves from Episode 1?

• The trick is to pre-order the game, but not expect it to be available the exact second that they say. Shit happens.

A small percentage of the user base having to wait under 5 hours seems like one of the better launches I've heard of lately.

Nickzilla posted: »

So yeah, I was just in the toilet having a wizz and remembered that this same exact thing happened when I pre-ordered L4D2 and didn't get earl

• Nice idea for a wallpaper. Maybe you can use more heads than just Lee's. Perhaps a roman soldier, Duke Nukem and a Sim could fit in as well.

So yeah, I was just in the toilet having a wizz and remembered that this same exact thing happened when I pre-ordered L4D2 and didn't get earl

• "My choices" is locked til you make some choices in Season 2.

Goatmeal posted: »

Does anybody else have a 'locked' symbol next to the My Choices tab in the menu? When I click on it nothing happens. If I start the game, will it take into account my saves from Episode 1?

• I'm finally in guys.

Got the you don't own the game message, hit buy game then alt tabbed back and it just started working.

4.5 hours isn't the worst fix time ever but still sucks.

• Yea i kinda want my money back. I can't play & GMG threw 2 bucks at me but wont fix try and fix the issues. They only told me that they can dowmnload the game and there shouldn't be any problems. I even explained to them what was going on how steam has it working and that they always mess up when its a non steam key game. I also screen shot'd them the login error. its call forums read one dumbass!

• Were you really not able to figure out what I meant by 'yelling?' It's... it's one of them metaphor thingies, you see.

Undeadelvis posted: »

Yelling through a keyboard, now theres a talent

• edited December 2013

You are the man. My login mask went away and I even remembered that a mod said we should delete a registry key, but I couldn't find it anymore. I changed my password to be a simple one (changed it back now) and then I finally got into the game, horray. Now let's hope episode 1 is not as short as 400 days after all this login pain.

I got it to work. You want to login with your account name. If the login dialogue is not displayed to you enter "regedit" in execute window

• Still not fixed for me

I'm finally in guys. Got the you don't own the game message, hit buy game then alt tabbed back and it just started working. 4.5 hours isn't the worst fix time ever but still sucks.

• Yes! Thanks a lot!!

• It's not GMG's fault.

It's like saying if you buy a bag of crisps, and one of the crisps is burnt it is the fault of the shop that sold it to you.

You got the game at least £5 cheaper than you did on steam. You got another £2 off. You got the game for 50% off, and all you had to do was wait for not even 5 hours.

Yea i kinda want my money back. I can't play & GMG threw 2 bucks at me but wont fix try and fix the issues. They only told me that they ca

• What info in? I just get the main screen with start. And I would say for the last 3 hours around 200 times.

AlexMA posted: »

How many times did you try to connect? I mean how many times did you put your info in and pressed ok?

• How many times did you try to connect? I mean how many times did you put your info in and pressed ok?

I'm finally in guys. Got the you don't own the game message, hit buy game then alt tabbed back and it just started working. 4.5 hours isn't the worst fix time ever but still sucks.

• Well, finally in myself, guys. Good luck to those still experiencing trouble and thank you TTG for working toward a fix for this issue.

Though, I must say, if there was a more direct link to information about what's going on in this sort of situation, I think there'd be far less buzz on the boards.

All the best to everyone.

• Anyone still having problems, try this from forum user Budbrush:

I got it to work. You want to login with your account name. If the login dialogue is not displayed to you enter "regedit" in execute window Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher there you have to delete you login and pwd key. Restart, reenter credentials and I got it to activate.

• Letting game developers and publishers get away with bad service and complete BS is what makes companies like EA exist the way that they are today. We should critisise when bad practices happen because when it is done in a constructive manner it'll make the industry alot better for it

• Still doesnt work for me. Havent had a login option pop up once all day. It just gives the error message once i click to begin

• yea it's way past 5 hours here.....

OliTheG posted: »

It's not GMG's fault. It's like saying if you buy a bag of crisps, and one of the crisps is burnt it is the fault of the shop that sold it

• Sounds like you might have to reinstall. :(

Jipsu posted: »

I don't even get a login screen, when i "click to begin" it waits for a few seconds and then displays the login error screen.

• Budbrush:

"I got it to work. You want to login with your account name. If the login dialogue is not displayed to you enter "regedit" in execute window Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher there you have to delete you login and pwd key. Restart, reenter credentials and I got it to activate."

Worked for me, try it

Jipsu posted: »

I don't even get a login screen, when i "click to begin" it waits for a few seconds and then displays the login error screen.

• Yes, doing so in a constructive manner would be good.

Undeadelvis posted: »

Letting game developers and publishers get away with bad service and complete BS is what makes companies like EA exist the way that they are t

• Budbrush:

"I got it to work. You want to login with your account name. If the login dialogue is not displayed to you enter "regedit" in execute window Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher there you have to delete you login and pwd key. Restart, reenter credentials and I got it to activate."

Worked for me, try it

artnat posted: »

What info in? I just get the main screen with start. And I would say for the last 3 hours around 200 times.

• Doesn't work.

Anyone still having problems, try this from forum user Budbrush: I got it to work. You want to login with your account name. If the login d

• Like voicing your opinion to be heard through social media and web communities. And not buying pre-orders ever again.

Yes, doing so in a constructive manner would be good.

• Do you get the option to log in? What message are you getting?

artnat posted: »

Doesn't work.

This discussion has been closed.