"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

edited December 2013 in The Walking Dead

http://puu.sh/5PKPA.png

Just downloaded the game -- not sure if this is where this post belongs, but every time I try to login I get this error. Anyone else getting this?

Telltale staff note:

All login issues should be resolved at this point, but if anyone is still experiencing an inability to login to the game, please contact our Support Team at support@telltalegames.com. Please include the exact error message you are encountering, the email address of the account that owns the game, the order number for the purchase, and any suggestions you've already tried.

Due to the helpful information in this thread, I don't want to move it, but since this is not the Support forum, I will be closing it. As mentioned, if you are still encountering issues, please send us a support ticket. You can also check out the support forums here for more information.

Comments

• edited December 2013

I am. You beat me to the punch :D I posted a thread like 10 seconds after you apparently.

Since a moderator closed my thread, I'll post my post here:

Can't communicate with TellTale servers.

Why must we put up with this when things like Steam exist? I try to support TellTale with direct purchasing but I can't access the game because of some dimwitted attempt at DRM.

I'm able to log in perfectly fine with my username/password to the website so why not the game?

• Same problem here. Really hope this gets resolved soon

• 'Cannot communicate with telltale servers' Just great when you buy a game, wait for ages, and then it doesn't work. Fan-freakin-tastic.

• edited December 2013

Yep same here.

With what happened to Diablo I'm surprised Telltale are even bothering with trying this. GOG's model is the way forward. You're just hurting those who bought the game with DRM like this, pirates will always find a way.

• edited December 2013

I sure hope this gets resolved soon, or we get steam keys if it doesn't. I don't want to sound whiny or anything but we pre-ordered for a reason :/.

LassyKongo posted: »

Thought I was doing them a favour by purchasing directly. Turns out I would have been better buying it on Steam.

• Thought I was doing them a favour by purchasing directly. Turns out I would have been better buying it on Steam.

• edited December 2013

Seems they either...

1. Forgot to add money to the meter for the login servers
    2. Just plain forgot to turn them on
    3. Typo in game for the address to the server
  • +1 not working atm

• same, I even tried to reset my password. It didn't work

• Agreed. It's unfortunate they don't give us Steam keys and call it a day. I'm not sure what they're trying to prove by having this system in place to annoy the customers who want to benefit them the most.

LassyKongo posted: »

Thought I was doing them a favour by purchasing directly. Turns out I would have been better buying it on Steam.

• Yep same here. I wonder if the steam folks are having this problem. But yeah multiple DRM when steam exists is stupid. I really hope Telltale takes note of how dumb this is

• Not working for me either...

• edited December 2013

So sick of this DRM crap. Thought I would "help" by not buying from steam this time.. well guess im sticking to steam from now on

• Yep. I restarted the game twice, and no dice :(.

vandigeth posted: »

I am. You beat me to the punch I posted a thread like 10 seconds after you apparently. Since a moderator closed my thread, I'll post my po

• Just hope to see TTG staff give an answer why it isn't working.

szebr posted: »

I sure hope this gets resolved soon, or we get steam keys if it doesn't. I don't want to sound whiny or anything but we pre-ordered for a reason .

• Yep, NOT working...

• Is it just me, or have you guys not got that email yet

• steam folks dont have the problem.........................

• They dont have the same problem on steam as some people are already streaming the game on twitch

• It's not just you, I haven't got it either -- but the download was scheduled to made available at 12pm/1pm CMT/EST.

XyzLewis posted: »

Is it just me, or have you guys not got that email yet

• I haven't received an email either maybe it'll be activated once they get around to sending them out

• LOL of course they don't. This is what I get when I try to buy direct.

dlnmch2004 posted: »

steam folks dont have the problem.........................

• Maybe I should buy it on steam then get a refund from this one?

• Not working here = /

• Steam is their authentication, you either have the game or don't so no need for the server check back.

Undeadelvis posted: »

They dont have the same problem on steam as some people are already streaming the game on twitch

• edited December 2013

Edit: sorry, posted this as a reply to your comment but meant as a general comment.

It's unacceptable from a customer service perspective. We bought the game directly from TellTale and should be able to play it at the same time as Steam players regardless of "technical issues".

It's typical of TellTale; however, I don't know how they keep messing this kind of stuff up when there is all this time to fix things in the meantime.

Undeadelvis posted: »

I haven't received an email either maybe it'll be activated once they get around to sending them out

• Not Again.....

• I was so excited ....

• Meanwhile I have to sit and listen to my friends who bought it from Steam tell me how great the new episode is.

• Only way this could be worse is if it came up with Error 37.

• What a shame.. All this waiting.. now who knows how long we have to wait until this issue is resolved.

• I would love to support TTG directly, but if they can't provide a stable enough database, then please warn us about it.
    Or remove the "drm" that demands you do login to your TTG profile. I don't see why it's needed really.
    The fanbase is loyal, pirates will pirate it anyhow. So I don't see the reason of them demanding us to login.

• edited December 2013

I saved quite bit of money by not buying the Steam version so I'm not AS annoyed some others who decided to pay the same to support Telltale directly and this is what we get? I'm trying not to sound like an asshole but all you need to do is look at every other popular game (including TWD S1 and TWAU) that requires online activation of this kind and it always fails day one.

• lol this is ridiculous. This was my first pre-order from telltale and it's not feeling like pre-order right now at all. I don't feel like preordering anything in the future anymore. Just strip this silly drm thing from the game if you don't know how to make it function properly.

• Do you know how long does it takes to go back ?

Sorry i'm kinda new to the whole thing !

GavinUK86 posted: »

once again servers are not working. it happened with the walking dead season one and the wolf among us. they always botch up the releases. whether it's missing launch dates or servers not working. you can always bet it'll be something.

• once again servers are not working. it happened with the walking dead season one and the wolf among us. they always botch up the releases. whether it's missing launch dates or servers not working. you can always bet it'll be something.

• Ditto..Ditto!

• Wanted to support Telltale but hell, it doesn't work but not only TWD, The Wolf among us doesn't work either... I should have tried with Steam ( still no bitching but a bit disappointed :( )

• Not buying another TellTale game after this. I am so sick of these day 1 launch issues, there is no excuse for this sh*t anymore...

• Day one problems are simply unacceptable when a third party (steam) can do it better.
    Will not pre-order again, despite those shiny GMG vouchers.

This discussion has been closed.