"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• ya a single player game DEFINITELY needs a server check for login. oh btw you cant play without a telltale account perfect sense that I cant even play with a local account to at least enjoy what I spent money on.

• Is telltale going to do some compensation?
    At least give us a steam key!!!!!

• well computers suck

Yeah and then limited to those who purchased directly through Telltale or another external source (for example GMG) aside from steam, and yet, they screw us over.

• Yeah, but thought that's their only way of distribution. I'm just dissapointed.

GavinUK86 posted: »

if you read it properly it doesn't say anywhere you'd get a steam key.

• Who's playing right now? TTG Store customers: 0. Steam customers: 7,547 In-Game. Thanks TTG. You're the best.

• it works for me but

• Sucks. But, I got the game for £12, when it was £19 or so on steam. So I will take a game that is slightly later when I am saving over 1/3 of the price.
    It doesn't make it right, not by any means, but you take the rough with the smooth, don't you?

• Steam folks can play it. seen some screenshots...
    well, not buying from here anymore. Telltale, you done fucked up, AGAIN!!

• "Lets support TTG by buying it here, it will be nice and cheaper than Steam and I get to play when released"

Disappointed. Friends of mine are already playing.
    First the slow DL (Although understandable) and now the login crap.

• I have been looking forward to this the entire day at work. I was really let down when it couldn't communicate and unlock. Im also a bit sad that I'm being "punished" for buying directly from the developer.
    Well well, guess I'll just watch some Netflix then.

• Great! they must of got 'Ben' to handle with the servers again.

• Would be nice for an update on the situation or an acknowledgement that they are working on the issue, rather than to be just left to it wondering whether i'll get to play it at all this evening

• I got the same error, but I just tried it again and it worked.

• seriously....its called QUALITY ASSURANCE you all had one of the buggiest games in season 1, this is not making me feel good that season 2 will be any better ESPECIALLY after the increased budget you must have gotten after the rave reception.

• Dont buy TTG anymore... Cause of the same prob.!!!

• Your profile pic fits perfectly

I've tried my best to be calm and supportive of Telltale, but this is just too far. This is the last fucking time I'll deal with them.

• Are they even reading their own forums? Or just over on Steam soaking in all the praise from the people who bought it there

• Same problem here, open the game and says click to begin - clicking and then the error.

• Still no word about this issue on their twitter -_-

• A moderator and someone with a staff tag redirected to the thread so they are aware. Just no comment as of yet.

LassyKongo posted: »

Are they even reading their own forums? Or just over on Steam soaking in all the praise from the people who bought it there

• i cant even post comments

• The game is due to be properly released at 7PM GMT. In 5 minutes. Something tells me that TT planned to have their servers down until then, but have the download up earlier to avoid DDosing of their website.

Let's wait 5 minutes, then see.

By the way guys, come tomorrow, when everybody has the game, just remember that you saved about 40% on a new game compared to the steam version. It's hardly like having to wait for a couple of hours is a travesty of justice. If the game was being released for everybody at 7PM GMT, and we could log on then, nobody would bat an eyelid, but the moment you can download it at 6, but have to wait until 7 OOOOO NOOOOOOES BOO YOU FOR HAVING ME PAY £8 LESS. OOOOOOOHHHHH....

This only makes me more hyped up for when I get on ;)

btw TT games, just thought i'd add in that the humble bundle did you proud. I purchased the above the average tier, thus getting TWD, fell in love with it, and when S2 was announced I instantly pre-ordered a game for the first time ever (only exceptions being Halo, and that's after a few months after prices go down)

• Not at all, if the goods sent to you are not in working order, either digital or physical you can ask for a refund. Since nobody can activate their game the game is then in a state of not working.

Ravenfall posted: »

I'm pretty sure issuing a charge back when the goods have already been issued (in this case, the code) is illegal and constitutes fraud, regardless of your issues.

• I've tried my best to be calm and supportive of Telltale, but this is just too far. This is the last fucking time I'll deal with them.

• ah now its working, so my question:
    does anyone remember how long it took them to sort these problems out with their last two releases ??

i cant even post comments

• edited December 2013

Asking for a refund is no way the same thing as issuing a charge back. Also combined with he fact that in the majority of cases, digital sales are finals (and this, by all accounts, is one of those cases - I am fairly confident none of the third party key sellers do refunds, nor do I believe TTG does), issuing a charge back is a very bad idea.

DABhand posted: »

Not at all, if the goods sent to you are not in working order, either digital or physical you can ask for a refund. Since nobody can activate their game the game is then in a state of not working.

• Come on. I was so pumped for this D:

• Not everyone paid less -- I know I didn't.

OliTheG posted: »

The game is due to be properly released at 7PM GMT. In 5 minutes. Something tells me that TT planned to have their servers down until then, bu

• Love how they don't even bother to comment on the matter, you should all remember this when they come out with their next game.

• That happens if you include totally useless DRM in your release.

Shame on you Telltale. You were a modern innovative game producer, once.

• Okay it took one hour to be resolved. Fair enough guys. Stop whining ;)

• Well you just gave me new hope

Rozellus posted: »

Mine works fine, though it didn't at first. Just keep trying, I guess. I got through on my third attempt.

• Mine works fine, though it didn't at first. Just keep trying, I guess. I got through on my third attempt.

• So, does everyone who bought directly from Telltale have this problem?

• No, it's not...

It's working guys and gals.

• Not for me, it's not :\

• For now you can vent your anger at Andrew

• Danio658 it seems like it.

Danio658 posted: »

So, does everyone who bought directly from Telltale have this problem?

• Not for me ;/

• I think I will be ordering from Steam from now on

Danio658 posted: »

So, does everyone who bought directly from Telltale have this problem?

This discussion has been closed.