"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• Damn ... Thanks anyway.

GavinUK86 posted: »

go back? do you mean how long it'll take to fix? i have no idea. could be half an hour. could be 24 hours. your guess is as good as mine.

• Has anyone received an email yet?

• not yet

Undeadelvis posted: »

Has anyone received an email yet?

• I am so pissed with telltale
    AT LEAST SAY STH TO APOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Looks like its time for refund or steam key given to us. Cause this is Amateur hour, as an experienced dev I know things happen, but for TTG to know about the problem and say nothing or tell people an expected fix time is unprofessional.

• Can we at least get an ETA on the fix?

• go back? do you mean how long it'll take to fix? i have no idea. could be half an hour. could be 24 hours. your guess is as good as mine.

RubyMoon posted: »

Do you know how long does it takes to go back ? Sorry i'm kinda new to the whole thing !

• Yeah I'm an engineer and I'm a little baffled to why DRM servers would be bogged down like this. Download servers, sure; there's a lot bandwidth needed but DRM? Come on. All it basically is, is an authentication server. Small amounts of data.

• And the cracked version is already up on the pirate sites. TOTALLY worth stopping all us pre-orderers from being able to play for lord knows how long, it stopped the pirates for a good 5 minutes while they cracked the steam version. Sigh.

No, I'm not going to be typing my username and pasting password in over and over until they fix it tonight, I have better stuff to do. I was thinking of getting Wolf to play after this; definitely won't be buying it direct, once burnt, twice shy etc. Maybe wait for a steam sale.

• Same problem here and no e-mail :(

• This is unacceptable
    telltale should at least say something

• 40 minutes past and still no reply. Hell, they could be out buying drinks with our money for a game we can't even play. You need to up your customer support, but mostly get rid of DRM

• TellTale: Fix all your woes and just give us Steam keys. I'm done with your website and authentication systems.

I'm a paying customer so just make it right. Steam works so hand out the keys already. We already know you can do it with little or no expense to yourselves.

• Agreed and the starting song made me so excited but now I realize it was foreshadowing this moment.

Well this is just disappointing.

• I won't be buying another game from their store directly, but I would still buy their future games from either Steam or PSN.

CacheMiss posted: »

Not buying another TellTale game after this. I am so sick of these day 1 launch issues, there is no excuse for this sh*t anymore...

• Same here. I was so excited :c

• This is ridiculous. Definitely won't be making further purchases from non-steam platforms, which kind of sucks because it's usually cheaper and I do like supporting developers. Or at least I do when they don't make an amateurish clusterfuck out of the release....

• Telltale is punishing us for paying them

Pantoufleuh posted: »

It's funny because people gonna download the game on pirate bay and stuff and we have to wait hours for a fix

• Well this is just disappointing.

• Every game the same errors....Third failure at season launch in a row, if I remember correctly.

Let the Steam Key-Codes enter. Again....

• Not working for me either

• ditto.....

• edited December 2013

Yeah and then limited to those who purchased directly through Telltale or another external source (for example GMG) aside from steam, and yet, they screw us over.

Wyatt#1 posted: »

so is this a PC only problem?

• Considering that it isn't out on any other platform yet, so far yes.

Wyatt#1 posted: »

so is this a PC only problem?

• This is horrible same problem :/

• It's funny because people gonna download the game on pirate bay and stuff and we have to wait hours for a fix

• Telltale is punishing us for not support steam

Yeah and then limited to those who purchased directly through Telltale or another external source (for example GMG) aside from steam, and yet, they screw us over.

• That is exactly what I was thinking!

XyzLewis posted: »

Agreed and the starting song made me so excited but now I realize it was foreshadowing this moment.

• It's times like these that make you want to flip a table

• I thougth that I get the STEAM key also while I was buyin preorder at their site... And they just provide another source for download... And now I have to wait, while other ppl who bought on steam already playin...

• so is this a PC only problem?

• They could at least say " Hey fans, we're working on it ! Don't worry it'll be there soon ! "

Nah. Not a single word ... Thanks alot. ZERO COMMUNICATION !

• same problem here
    this is my first and last pre order from telltale games
    SHAME!!

Well this is just disappointing.

• That's soooooo messed up.

GavinUK86 posted: »

Who's playing right now? TTG Store customers: 0. Steam customers: 7,547 In-Game. Thanks TTG. You're the best.

• if you read it properly it doesn't say anywhere you'd get a steam key.

b4rt3kk posted: »

I thougth that I get the STEAM key also while I was buyin preorder at their site... And they just provide another source for download... And now I have to wait, while other ppl who bought on steam already playin...

• IamClementine 's disappointment

• I'm pretty sure issuing a charge back when the goods have already been issued (in this case, the code) is illegal and constitutes fraud, regardless of your issues.

DABhand posted: »

I know why they aren't saying anything, because either * They don't know what the problem is * They are waiting to see if it will work i

• I know why they aren't saying anything, because either

1. They don't know what the problem is
    2. They are waiting to see if it will work itself out

Typical technical support for every company...

If nothing is said by them in 10 mins, I'll just call my CC and get it charged back, this is an absolute joke.

• they just announced its also the same release on ps3 so later ill give it a try

Flamebeast posted: »

Considering that it isn't out on any other platform yet, so far yes.

• And it's not like it was the same for the season 1 and the wolf among us release :D

dlnmch2004 posted: »

Telltale is punishing us for paying them

This discussion has been closed.