"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

1171819202123»

Comments

• Just download it from this website right here.

ajmlhkm posted: »

I didn't get the email that said I can download the game??? Anyone help?

• So you're suggesting having double standards is ok?

Maybe scam is a bit to harsh a word. But in the sense of abuse or scandal? Yeah, why not.

If I order a pizza and somebody delivers it 4 hours later - that's abuse.
    If I ask a plumber to come today at 8pm and he gets tomorrow at 1 am - that's abuse.
    If I buy a safe and only get the safe and the key will be delivered next day - that's abuse.

Protecting the rights with DRM is a ridiculous argument - nobody has to do that. The rights they protected were easily broken by the pirates a few minutes after the release. So what they were protecting against? The only thing they succeeded with is preventing paying, loyal customers from enjoying the game on the release date.

DRM doesn't always help, but as a content creator, they have the right to put some DRM on their product to protect it. It's not like it's som

• But issues with the launch of a game are almost inevitable for some percentage of people out there. It's not like a pizza - when you order a pizza, you expect it to be there within a very short time frame of when you ordered it. That's very different from pre-ordering a game a month in advance. There also aren't major servers to deal with and nearly as many fail points with a pizza.

I'm not seeing it as a double standard at all. I understand that there are bound to be issues with this. You chose to deal directly with Telltale despite their history with having launch issues and the fact that they aren't known nearly as well as Steam for getting games out. Having a delay for a bit is nothing like having to wait until your pizza's stone cold.

artnat posted: »

So you're suggesting having double standards is ok? Maybe scam is a bit to harsh a word. But in the sense of abuse or scandal? Yeah, why no

• If you don't get any prompt you need to delete the registry keys mentioned at page 34 by Budbrush. Worked for me finally, I was playing the last 20 minutes.

artnat posted: »

I still can't communicate with telltale severs. I don't get any prompt. The amazon server pings just right - no packets lost. I disabled the firewall, reinstalled game, cleared credentials in the register. Nothings worked.

• Still not working for me. Same communication error message. Doesn't even get to the log in screen

• Delete the registry keys mentioned at page 34 by Budbrush. This will give you back the login popup.

dan290786 posted: »

Still not working for me. Same communication error message. Doesn't even get to the log in screen

• As I said " cleared credentials in the register"

Kamano posted: »

If you don't get any prompt you need to delete the registry keys mentioned at page 34 by Budbrush. Worked for me finally, I was playing the last 20 minutes.

• Clearing launcher string brought the window back but I still can't communicate with telltale servers. So it doesn't do anything apart from having to put credentials again.

Kamano posted: »

Delete the registry keys mentioned at page 34 by Budbrush. This will give you back the login popup.

• And now it started working all of a sudden. Way to go.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Just go to your profile page and click the My Games tab. You'll be able to download the game from there.

ajmlhkm posted: »

I didn't get the email that said I can download the game??? Anyone help?

• Back in the 80's when I first got into video games, every single time I bought an Atari or Nintendo game and popped it into the console and turned the console on, that game would fire right up. They never crashed the console, they never would pop up an error about not being able to connect to a server, they just worked flawlessly. Sure, the old NES sometimes would get pixel issues but it was the console and not the game, and usually playing with the tray a bit would fix the issue.

Then I got into PC gaming in the early 90's, and picked up games from Doom 2 to Commander Keen, and after installing them, they ran right off the bat. The only issue I had with Doom 2 was on the final level and the boss spawned tons of monsters, all of the spawning caused severe lag because I barely met the minimum requirements when it came to ram. So that was a PEBKAC issue and the game developers weren't to blame for that issue. Duke Nukem 3D I believe was the first PC game that I bought that needed a patch, but I think it was for the multiplayer. And back then to get a patch one either had to have the company send them a diskette with the patch on it, or log into their BBS (I loved BBS's back in the day).

These days however, but these days however, it just seems like a lot of game developers have gotten lazy because they figure if there is an issue, they can just auto update the game if it is on Steam, or toss the patch up on their website. Bethesda had to release at least 7 patches for New Vegas, and I think they're up to 9 patches for Skyrim. Now while some may be like, "well at least they fix the issues", there's really no excuse for them needing to fix that many things after the launch date, most of the issues should have been addressed before the game was released. Activision's VTM: Bloodlines was one of the worse though because it had a hardcore bug from the start and while they fixed it, it still had numerous other bugs that were never fixed because Activision didn't keep the developer on their payroll. So 3rd party modders actually started releasing unofficial community patches to fix the bugs. And to this day they're still patching things, the latest community patch for Bloodlines came out last month. Now I'm thankful they still release those patches, I still enjoy playing that game, but if I was Activision I'd be embarrassed that the fans are the ones who have to fix the bugs because they cut corners, and they did push the developers to release the game before it was ready.

In short, I just think game companies have gotten lazy and are cutting too many corners. New Vegas to this day still is relatively crash happy because the quick save system on the game is known to corrupt saves, especially if one uses mods. Now normally I'd say it is the modders fault but Bethesda encourages modding, so they really should have tried to fix the quick save system.

I don't think this laziness and the fact they cut corners is excusable. Even Volition is known for cutting a few corners, and as much as I like the Saints Row series they've made some oopsies. As some know, they had to release a censored version of SRIV in Australia due to Australia having a very nanny state like ratings board. But here's the thing, it is known that if someone who has the non censored game tries to do a co-op game with someone with the censored version, the game can ctd. Now if Volition had been smart, they'd just have made it to where anyone with the censored who tries to play with someone with the non censored version would just be blocked from doing so.

However, there are people like you, SG.. people who run around forums making excuses for these pretty big f up's, and who call those who spend their hard earned money "self entitled", "whiney", etc, and so on. Now it would be one thing if you were trying to support some really small indie company that was just getting their feet wet, but Telltale isn't some small indie company that is just getting their feet wet, at least they're not that type of company anymore. Season one of TWD was a big hit so they're now in the big leagues and they need to start handling things like Bethesda and the others and handle customer relations in a far more professional way. The minute this thread was created, an admin or mod should have created a sticky reporting the issue and then offering up an ETA on when it would be fixed.

But that never happened, instead they just left everyone hanging until it was fixed, and that was totally unprofessional.

But issues with the launch of a game are almost inevitable for some percentage of people out there. It's not like a pizza - when you order a

• just finished and got to say worth the wait, but still, i rly dont want to go through this connection crap every time you release a new episode, so you better get your servers in proper order when the time comes ^^

• I don't feel they owe me one since they made the game downloadable on their website instead.

What I believe is they should give me a refund because I'm not happy with the product as it is on their website. I don't like how the game, music, and movie industry can get away with not having to give out refunds if a consumer is unhappy with a product, while I can get a refund on shoes, underwear, socks, watches, computers, stereos, and almost everything else if I'm not happy with whatever it is.

But you don't deserve a Steam Key... what makes you believe they owe you one? Next time just buy it on Steam and if you don't want the DVD: CE it won't cost you anything...

• I'm still having the communication issue. Any help?

• I'm also still unable to connect.

• I don't like your delivery, but you are right I don't have any proof.

Oh, this is affecting everyone who ordered it from Telltale and they're lying about the small percentage thing? Please feel free to show me your proof.

• finally could just play the 1st episode, but not thanks to any of the moderators or anyone from the support team. i had to use a workaround for this whole login problem. i can say its as expected a pretty good game, but the service telltale is offering is just terrible. i will never buy any game from their webshop again. when a company offers a good product but the service is awful, they dont deserve the full price - only the cut steam, gmg, etc... gives them.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff
    edited December 2013

The server connection issues that we were experiencing have been solved. You should now be able to log into the game. If you have any questions feel free to post in the support forum here: http://www.telltalegames.com/support/

If any issues are still occuring, please contact our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com for further assistance.

Schwarzblut posted: »

finally could just play the 1st episode, but not thanks to any of the moderators or anyone from the support team. i had to use a workaround fo

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

All login issues should be resolved at this point, but if anyone is still experiencing an inability to login to the game, please contact our Support Team at support@telltalegames.com. Please include the exact error message you are encountering, the email address of the account that owns the game, the order number for the purchase, and any suggestions you've already tried.

Due to the helpful information in this thread, I don't want to move it, but since this is not the Support forum, I will be closing it. As mentioned, if you are still encountering issues, please send us a support ticket. You can also check out the support forums here for more information.

• I'm just going to write this off as a 23 dollar learning lesson. Yes, it seems to be working now but I really wish I had known I wasn't going to get a Steam key. It was Steam that got me to start buying games again because I enjoy the achievements, I enjoy Steam Overlay since it allows me to take screenshots freely and chat with others, I enjoy the fact it auto updates whenever there's a fix or a new release. It's also really nice to be able to reformat my pc (which I do once or twice a year) and just re-install Steam and being able to re-install my games, and Steam even backs up all of my saves so I don't lose where I was at before the re-format. Sure, I can back up the files but Steam makes everything so much sweeter.

The way I see it, if Telltale won't give me a refund, at least I'll get the physical copy down the road. But yeah, I'm re-buying the game on Steam....

• edited December 2013

too little, too late. im just glad that dont have to worrie about if your company f**ks up the next 4 episode launches.

The server connection issues that we were experiencing have been solved. You should now be able to log into the game. If you have any question

• I don't understand why you would expect a Steam key unless it was explicitly promised to you, though. There are plenty of places that sell games online without a Steam key.

Also, you can add the game into your Steam library directly and at least get the overlay, though you still won't get the other benefits. Just a suggestion if you want to save money.

I'm just going to write this off as a 23 dollar learning lesson. Yes, it seems to be working now but I really wish I had known I wasn't going

• I just downloaded the game after pre ordering it and I'm having the issue that you all just said was resolved? Were you just lying about the issues being resolved or am I a lone case? It doesn't seem like it's the latter.....

I will never pre order, or download another game from your site. My money will just go through steam for now on. I thought I was doing Telltale a favor by buying it through your site.

MattP posted: »

All login issues should be resolved at this point, but if anyone is still experiencing an inability to login to the game, please contact our S

• edited December 2013

I just recently started buying games again, and based on what I've experienced since I started buying games again is that ever publisher I've purchased from such as THQ has sent me a Steam key on the release date. Plus every game I've purchased on Green Man Gaming, and Gamefly, those all have been Steam keys as well. This is the first time I've ever bought a game digitally and didn't get a Steam key, so it is just an entirely new experience for me.

And then there's this...

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/53938/was-told-by-telltale-support-that-i-could-get-a-steam-key.

I just looked up the game on Gamefly and Gamefly makes sure to put this near the requirements.

"This game is delivered as a Telltale Games redemption code. Customers will require a free Telltale Games account to play. "

This is all it said on the Telltale site when I pre-ordered..

"The Walking Dead Season 2
    Full Season digital download for Mac/PC. Includes Episodes 1 through 5. Includes a collector's DVD available at the end of the season for just the cost of shipping and handling."*

It doesn't say if the digital download was Steam or Telltale or Mars or Venus, it was just left up in the air and since in my experience most used Steam I figured it would be Steam. In short, they never said it would be downloaded directly through them, they told another customer there would be Steam keys available (refer to the URL I provided) and they took on the job of handling authenticating the game on their servers, which in the past have been buggy as hell. Back when Season 1 came out, I remember this website going down quite a bit late at night and not being able to get back on for awhile. So will that happen with the game? Will I go to play at 2am only to find I can't connect to their server?

I don't understand why you would expect a Steam key unless it was explicitly promised to you, though. There are plenty of places that sell ga

• It's 9:30 pm EST and I still can't connect. Won't even give me the option to login with my telltale account. This is terrible.

puzzlebox posted: »

I've been notified that everyone should be able to authenticate now. Please let us know here if you're still having issues, we'll probably have the tech team check them out individually.

• Thanks!

Actually worked for me!!

Abel posted: »

POSSIBLE FIX: I don't this will work for all, but solved my problem (no login server connection) I started Season one and had to login t

This discussion has been closed.