"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• Oh, this is affecting everyone who ordered it from Telltale and they're lying about the small percentage thing? Please feel free to show me your proof.

So the small percentage is everyone that happened to order it directly from telltale. But due to other avenues like steam that have a larger

• You know what he means.

Undeadelvis posted: »

You want to buy a refund? How is that possible?

• Should cereal also come with a disclaimer on the box that it doesn't come with milk?

JoshyD posted: »

Perhaps I should have been a little more clear on that, but yes, I am.

• Okay, you can buy a refund. Only $25. :)

Guzzedup posted: »

WTB a refund so i can purchase this via Steam.

• edited December 2013

And you're implying that Steam is not the industry standard? I wonder why they write that batteries are not/are included...

Should cereal also come with a disclaimer on the box that it doesn't come with milk?

• LOL - Nice god complex. Someone once spoke that no matter how small a vocal minority may be, to disregard their voice is to remove credibility from the majority. Might you happen to reside in different country than the United States?

Which is why every Steam user and (apparently) the large majority of TT purchasers aren't having any problem. Vocal minorities are seriously the biggest blight in gaming culture, because they always feel like they're the entitled majority somehow.

• Paypal usually guarantees purchases, I wonder if they'll cough up a refund on this one.

• Dude stop trolling everyone. Some people are patient, others aren't. There are probably a lot of young kids here who feel entitled. Man up and get off the boards.

I'm so jealous. I only got to play one game today, but you guys got to play two.

• t minus 10 secs til the mods whoops that butt

• I'm done with this mess too.

• Welp a good 20 minutes before I have to head out to be at work and STILL nothing from Telltale themselves what a great company next time I will take my money elsewhere. Thanks for screwing me out of my money and me being able to play the game today! :)

• @ Mod Edit - I guess you wouldn't have to do this if you offered the game without this ridiculous authentication DRM... It's really ironic that pirates can play the game without any delay and paying customers are getting screwed. Too bad it's not the first time and even worse that's probably no the last time.

• Just posting to show how many are having this problem. Boy, we're an exclusive little club, aren't we?

• we are a small percentage apparently

Cespius posted: »

Just posting to show how many are having this problem. Boy, we're an exclusive little club, aren't we?

• edited December 2013

[removed]

• II bought this via GMG and not telltale. I'd like to be able to post this issue on the GMG forums, as they sometimes offer steam keys out for issues like this....but I cnat even login to their forums at the moment either. I guess it isnt our day :(

• Whoa, Kenny fans acting like they're super entitled?

Why I never!

Shouldn't people at least wait until the actual day that the game was promised to them has passed before they start complaining about being screwed out of their money?

Welp a good 20 minutes before I have to head out to be at work and STILL nothing from Telltale themselves what a great company next time I will take my money elsewhere. Thanks for screwing me out of my money and me being able to play the game today!

• Not working for me :-(

• Installed and tried it but got the same error.

Thought it was my password at first.

• Arrrrrrrrr please someone draw me a parrott

Nerdcast posted: »

ARRRR mate.

• When I posed this it was working for me. I've just finished the episode. Is it really not working for everyone else?

GavinUK86 posted: »

It's working guys and gals.

• Steam is the industry standard if you're buying a game from Steam directly. Anywhere else, they explicitly say when they ARE giving you a Steam key. I can't recall ever seeing the opposite.

artnat posted: »

And you're implying that Steam is not the industry standard? I wonder why they write that batteries are not/are included...

• TBH if you're not getting paid for that you really shouldn't be doing that. It's making the industry and the labor market. It's work and it should be paid as work.

Go watch the movies or whatever you guys do in England in the evenings. I would suggesting playing TWDS2 but it's apparently not working.

I don't know what's actually happening. I'm just a community moderator - a guy in England giving up his evening to try and help out the foru-COMMUNITY. Trust me - if I knew what was going on with the game, I'd be telling you.

• Is it still not working for everyone? Mine wasn't when it was released but i've just finished the episode.

• Aye Me Hearty

SunderPrime posted: »

Is it technically pirating though, since you have already paid for a copy/to play the game?

• Is it technically pirating though, since you have already paid for a copy/to play the game?

• Im still locked out as well, since launch no luck.

Is it still not working for everyone? Mine wasn't when it was released but i've just finished the episode.

• I really hope we get a Steam key for this. I don't mean to sound whiny or anything, but it's hard not to when Steam users can play the game freely, but apparently people who tried to support directly got screwed over. Hopefully the problem gets fixed soon regardless.

• Not working for me... meh :(

• Well, you've also been drooling over any little hint that Kenny might come back, so I thought it was safe to assume that you were a fan? My apologies for my presumption.

I'm not seeing the part where your schedule is Telltale's problem. But the game was released and is having issues with a small percentage of people. That's bound to happen on launch day with pretty much any game, and I'm really not sure why people are so surprised that they think they're entitled to spit fire and curse TT's name.

implying i'm a fan of Kenny just because I think hes cute k and also I won't be able to play the game later today can you not read or

• In the beginning I thought I'll wait for this friday to play it, when I'm usually all alone and my wife's out. But after I got home from work, I couldn't handle it anymore and went to see if the game was already available.
    I was pretty excited to play this and didn't freak out after the first few attempts, only looking at the log-in screen. But it's been more than 2 hours now and I'm still seeing the same f*cking screen as before. That shitty "workaround" (like delete something in your registry, blahdiblah) was ridiculously useless in the first place and just a simple excuse in my opinion.

I've read that this has happened before with season 1 as well as with TWAU, so Telltale should actually know that they'll have to deal with this on release date. And what do they do? Nothing at all.

This was the first time I bought something directly from TT instead of using Steam - and this is what I get for my money... Thought it would be a nice idea to pre-order and get the collector's edition as soon as it's available. Sounded like a nice treat to me. Blahdiblah... I'd call it a rip-off now. Horrifingly reminds me of Diablo 3 and its release day, when Error #37 was showing up all day long.

But now I totally understand why Lee had to die in the 1st season - he just didn't want to see this tragedy

I'm just wondering if those who are pirating, are having issues with their saves from S1. I'm actually keen on experiencing, if those will really take affect of the 2nd season or not.

• This, this and THIS.

Zixxack posted: »

I've never commented on this forum and rarely do on any forum, I just felt I needed to add my voice to this problem which apparently only a small percentage has. I feel this is incredibly disrespectful of their paying customers.

• Is this affecting everyone who bought via GMG & TTG.com?

Is it still not working for everyone? Mine wasn't when it was released but i've just finished the episode.

• implying i'm a fan of Kenny just because I think hes cute

k
    and also I won't be able to play the game later today can you not read or are you too smug? They also PROMISED it would release the same time Steam would and guess what 3 and a half hours later? Oh man that is totally the same time!
    you so smart :)

Whoa, Kenny fans acting like they're super entitled? Why I never! Shouldn't people at least wait until the actual day that the game was promised to them has passed before they start complaining about being screwed out of their money?

• Well this is a huge disappointment. Last time I buy directly from Telltale rather than a Steam key.

• I've never commented on this forum and rarely do on any forum, I just felt I needed to add my voice to this problem which apparently only a small percentage has. I feel this is incredibly disrespectful of their paying customers.

• Yep.

I mean, I can't say that I'd find it entirely morally wrong, but it's definitely still downloading, installing and playing a pirated version of the game.

SunderPrime posted: »

Is it technically pirating though, since you have already paid for a copy/to play the game?

This discussion has been closed.