"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• How ironic that the only distributer that has failed to deliver the product is Telltale themselves

• I stand corrected then, wasn't around for that.

Davisx3m posted: »

They did so with TWD S1 and TWAU.

• I'd soooo buy it!! :D

Undeadelvis posted: »

Comfirmed 2016 Telltale games presents Tales from Emmerdale

• Those vouchers... They get me so excited that I forget to read the fine print... and the stomach ache that comes from the instructions telling me to go to TTG's redeem page...

shatthebed posted: »

Is it possible to get a refund? Anyone know? Bought through GMG

• Don't even joke about that. Seriously.

dlnmch2004 posted: »

I think I will just go to find a noCD crack of the game Telltale sucks

• They did so with TWD S1 and TWAU.

CacheMiss posted: »

There won't be any steam keys, one reason among many being that they don't give a shit about you or me or anyone else having these issues, certainly not badly enough to issue steam keys. They're more than happy for people to wait...

• At least I'm not alone. :(

• Agreed, refund or Steam key.

This is horrible I want either a refund or Steam key! My friends are playing it right now

• edited December 2013

• Still not working :(

Vainamoinen posted: »

Guys, I got it to run just now. Retry to login, retry, retry, retry. It worked for me on the tenth attempt. No idea if this is a solution for everyone, but I really hope it can help a few of you.

• It's working for me. This may anger the people the game isn't working for, but I have to applaud Telltale's efficiency at fixing the problem. An hour is actually the fastest I've been able to get into a game I've purchased directly from this site- which is a marked improvement over both season 1 and the Wolf Among Us. So, well done Telltale! Much improved. For me. Sorry to those who can't play, I hope everything is resolved for you guys soon.

• This is horrible I want either a refund or Steam key! My friends are playing it right now :(

• Shouldn't have to fucking "retry retry retry", I know, I expect something to actually work as advertised... fuck me right?

Guys, I got it to run just now. Retry to login, retry, retry, retry. It worked for me on the tenth attempt. No idea if this is a solution for everyone, but I really hope it can help a few of you.

• totally agree

Agreed, refund or Steam key.

• "Thanks for your GMG purchase. Unfortunately as stated in our Terms and Conditions and in our Refund Policy, are we unable to refund a purchase once a key has been assigned and sent to your account. We apologise unreservedly for any inconvenience caused by this. If you are having issues with a game and seek further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our support."

:(

shatthebed posted: »

• So that means their servers are overloaded... Well let's see if I can make it.

• Why not? The game is released, and we've paid for it, but can't play it.

Don't even joke about that. Seriously.

• Guys, I got it to run just now. Retry to login, retry, retry, retry. It worked for me on the tenth attempt.

No idea if this is a solution for everyone, but I really hope it can help a few of you. :(

• They have posted in another thread that they know of the problem about 14 mins ago, still won't say why the problem exists just "aware" which is dev speak for "dunno".

LassyKongo posted: »

One hour later, no game, no notice that they know of the problem, no reassurance, no acceptance of a failure for the fourth time. I do love being kept in the dark

• edited December 2013

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the issue, but here are a few suggestions that may help you in your situation: Please try launching The Walking Dead again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You may want to try alternating between your Username and Email address. If you have played The Walking Dead Season 1 and are now trying to play Season 2, but your account fails to login, please select Sign Out, and log in again. If the game fails to authenticate, Exit the game and relaunch. You should now be able to connect without having to login.

Please also make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Walking Dead.

Lastly, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher/p>

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

^^From one of TTG's employees

• Actually I did not have to relaunch the game multiple times or login. I had the game running in the background while looking at the forum here and when I noticed it was still on, I went back and one hour after release it worked without any more effort on my part.

• I've already tried, nope.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the issue, but here are a few suggestions that may help you in your situation

• edited December 2013

This is how you treat costumers. There is already a cracked version of this game and people who bought this game can't play it. I'm disappointed that the buying costumer is almost always worse treated.

That's why I love GOG.com. Wouldn't it be possible to release this game on their platform?

• Piracy is a BIG no-no around here.

Last warning for all concerned - if anyone says they're going to pirate the game, or suggests others do the same, you'll be suspended for a week.

Why not? The game is released, and we've paid for it, but can't play it.

• I didnt try anything other than have the game open in the background while reading this forum and one hour after launch it connected automatically...

Shouldn't have to fucking "retry retry retry", I know, I expect something to actually work as advertised... fuck me right?

• Like they did with the save issues from Season 1?

dan290786 posted: »

look on the bright side guys. The problem will be corrected eventually. However I agree that this is not good enough at all! At least some sort of apology or something. Am I right in understanding it's working fine on Steam?

• It seems a couple of others did the same thing to get in. Did you do all their suggested "fixes" as well? Delete registry key and alternate between email and username to log in? As well as removing anything non-alphanumeric from your password...

• Doesn't help for me either

intheflorsh posted: »

I've already tried, nope.

• I agree. This was rather quickly resolved and for me I did not even have to do anything other than leave the game running in the background and it just automatically connected 1 hour after launch.

It's working for me. This may anger the people the game isn't working for, but I have to applaud Telltale's efficiency at fixing the problem.

• Ok I'll give that a try. Oh wait, I've been doing that for the past hour and 15 minutes.

• Yeah. I haven't read anyone who did this and succeeded. I've seen a few people who just kept retrying and finally got in though. Makes me wonder...

intheflorsh posted: »

I've already tried, nope.

• restart steam. I did and its works.

• It worked for me removing the " /p> " at the end of the command line

Then I logged, but it said I don't own the game: I had to click "Buy" and then sign in again from TT website.
    Than everything went fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently looking into the issue, but here are a few suggestions that may help you in your situation

• I left the game into the background with alt+tab and connected after a few minutes.

• Deleting reg entry didn't work for me...oh, well I have enough...applying crack. Thanks TellTale. :/

• This server issue is ultimately going to effect the decisions I make. Clementine is probably going to kill everyone on my play through. At least when I actually get to play the game.

• How do I even sign in or out? I don't even see a login screen.

• I didn't type anything. I just started the game, I had the server error and when I was checking the forum and came back to the game it magically worked xD!

grooverave posted: »

was this before or after you typed in your login credentials?

• Do NOT discuss cracks or piracy on this forum.

That goes for EVERYONE.

Deleting reg entry didn't work for me...oh, well I have enough...applying crack. Thanks TellTale.

• I swear this happens with every Walking Dead release...

This discussion has been closed.