"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• was this before or after you typed in your login credentials?

Garel posted: »

I left the game into the background with alt+tab and connected after a few minutes.

• edited December 2013

This has nothing to do with Steam! D<

restart steam. I did and its works.

• I keep clicking the being button and it's just saying the same old message over and over :(

Mediumchild posted: »

I agree. This was rather quickly resolved and for me I did not even have to do anything other than leave the game running in the background and it just automatically connected 1 hour after launch.

• You're expecting people not to use cracks when pirates are giving them better service than you guys?

Do NOT discuss cracks or piracy on this forum. That goes for EVERYONE.

• edited December 2013

DOH nvm - didn't read the "crack" part.

• Is this a one time login to confirm that the game is working or will I be unable to play this game offline?

• TT should get their shit together then.

• Head back from Telltale:

Dudes are aware and working on it as we speak. It's only affecting SOME people, may be a load issue.

• I think you will need to authenticate each time you start the game

DSSword posted: »

Is this a one time login to confirm that the game is working or will I be unable to play this game offline?

• If we had a working game there wouldn't be any need to.

• I don't care what you do with the game - just DON'T DISCUSS IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

Cyroh posted: »

You're expecting people not to use cracks when pirates are giving them better service than you guys?

• It is affecting MOST people.

Head back from Telltale: Dudes are aware and working on it as we speak. It's only affecting SOME people, may be a load issue.

• No working for me. I should have bought it in steam u_u"

• Exactly.

LassyKongo posted: »

If we had a working game there wouldn't be any need to.

• IF

XyzLewis posted: »

This server issue is ultimately going to effect the decisions I make. Clementine is probably going to kill everyone on my play through. At least when I actually get to play the game.

• I don't care if they have a point - discussing piracy is against the rules and I'm not having it.

DABhand posted: »

They have a point, people shouldn't have to wait hours to play a game with a simple online authentication check with an account. This shows poor management.

• So if one of us that have paid for the game crack it, how does that affect Telltale? They've already gotten the money. It wouldn't be piracy, seeing as we've already paid for the game.

Piracy is a BIG no-no around here. Last warning for all concerned - if anyone says they're going to pirate the game, or suggests others do the same, you'll be suspended for a week.

• Some people? What a load of bollocks, if you want this DRM poison in your game then you'd best be damn sure you're servers can take the strain.

Head back from Telltale: Dudes are aware and working on it as we speak. It's only affecting SOME people, may be a load issue.

• I got a key from GMG that I thought was a Steam key, was pretty disappointed to say the least when I found out I'd have to go through this garbage.

szebr posted: »

I sure hope this gets resolved soon, or we get steam keys if it doesn't. I don't want to sound whiny or anything but we pre-ordered for a reason .

• Server download speed reminds me of my old pre fibre optic days. Not a good memory. :(

• They have a point, people shouldn't have to wait hours to play a game with a simple online authentication check with an account. This shows poor management.

• God dammit, I just wanted to play for an hour or so before I would have to stop and study for finals. This is upsetting.

• THE FUC***G SAME HERE!

• That wasn't what I expected to get, when I decided NOT to buy S2 on steam and instead supporting ttg directly =/

• It is discussing piracy, which is against the rules.

You can do whatever you like to the game - just DON'T DISCUSS IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

So if one of us that have paid for the game crack it, how does that affect Telltale? They've already gotten the money. It wouldn't be piracy, seeing as we've already paid for the game.

• I feel really dissapointed with telltale right now.

• edited December 2013

Mr. Moderator, You shut up.
    You are just pissing people off

I don't care if they have a point - discussing piracy is against the rules and I'm not having it.

• Same as we are not having our noses pulled FOR ACTUALLY SUPPORTING THE DEVELOPERS

I don't care if they have a point - discussing piracy is against the rules and I'm not having it.

• I bought the game again on telltale instead of getting it on steam to support telltale. Again it has problems on launch. Again steam people are better off.
    I'm pretty sure I won't be doing the same mistake again... Last time they at least gave the steam keys to users so they could play without problems...

• edited December 2013

Like I said earlier

"aware" in dev speak = "dunno"

If its a simple online check, simple http transfer of data then it should be working, the fact people can't connect means they are being blocked by a firewall or limits have been set to how many connections they accept per second.

Now if its the firewall thats bad news, as they may be blocked for a long time.

If its the 2nd reason then all they have to do is increase the amount they accept.

This smells of waiting and hoping, which is not acceptable in any business.

• I won't if they don't give us Steam keys pronto.

Flamebeast posted: »

You're more forgiving than me, I'm never purchasing direct from Telltale ever again.

• The ONLY people this game is not working for - and posting in this thread - are paying customers. The only people who are annoyed with TellTale right now, are paying customers.The only people irritated by your high-horse comment - are paying customers.

Not just any paying customers either. The ones that were so sure they wanted this product that they pre-ordered, sight unseen, direct from developer.

Perhaps you should be posting an apology for the rubbish experience people are having, trying to get past this flippin DRM rather than finger wagging at someone who PAID you and just wants to play.

I've just tried logging in 30 times in a row - I counted, and lord knows how many times before that. My password only contains alphanumeric, I've tried username and email alternately, and zapped the launcher reg key. The servers are clearly not fit for purpose.

I get around 2 hours a night to myself. I've just wasted an hour and a half of it trying and failing to get past the overloaded DRM servers, when clearly I should have investigated an 'alternative' solution. So you can take your sanctimonious finger wagging, and shove it somewhere warm and dark until Telltale fix their f******** servers.

• Yeah no suggestions worked! :(
    done trying wasted my money thank you! :)

• So much for your motivation lol

saphire9410 posted: »

God dammit, I just wanted to play for an hour or so before I would have to stop and study for finals. This is upsetting.

• edited December 2013

I don't even get that upper Login screen. Click to play and then the same error message without a login screen.

• I thought "support telltale directly. For once DON'T buy a game on steam"

... yeah well, thank you.

• It doesn't work for me either.

• me too.

Abel posted: »

I don't even get that upper Login screen. Click to play and then the same error message without a login screen.

• Damned! season 1 : pre-order, wait for ages, be insulted by rare updates, but mostly not informed, and PS3 get the game before computers. Season 2 : pre order, wait for ages; be insulted by rare updates, but mostly not informed, ans steam get the game before telltale own site.
    Since 2 years i dreamt about working at telltale, well now... still! But as a customer they can forget me.

This discussion has been closed.