"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• edited December 2013

Stop following them on Twitter (done), stop following them on Youtube (done) and remove all bookmarks related to them (done). They clearly don't care enough about you to even come here and comment, they don't deserve your time or attention.

vandigeth posted: »

+1 to this. TellTale, you should be ashamed.

• +1, we are proud of you, soldier.

LassyKongo posted: »

Telltale, you should be ashamed of yourself. 14 pages, 262 comments, all from directly paying customers. We bought the game directly from you

• This game is more frustrating than QWOP right now.

• At least you can DO something with QWOP.

This game is more frustrating than QWOP right now.

• might go play that now...

This game is more frustrating than QWOP right now.

• I was going to cut some slack due to the enormous popularity, and figured sh*t happens, but if it happened with TWD S1, 400 Days and other games, then this is almost comparable to the Obamacare website.....major fail. I should have just waited for tomorrow for xbox release. Still a huge fan, but very disappointing.

• I'm going to have nightmares because of not playing it.

OliTheG posted: »

I think we can draw similarities between this and the walking dead universe. It doesn't matter if you're young, old, girl, boy, smart, stup

• I really hope that the following episodes don't have this problem or all of us and telltale are gonna have a bigger problem

• edited December 2013

Should have bought the steam version, but got this one so cheap from Greenman gaming...

No wonder why it was so cheap.

• And maybe that's the true meaning of Christmas. In other news, go fuck yourself.

OliTheG posted: »

I think we can draw similarities between this and the walking dead universe. It doesn't matter if you're young, old, girl, boy, smart, stup

• Sadly this didn't work for me, but hey, congrats!

The_Ripper posted: »

Listen, I've managed to get work and I'm a Telltale customer. Run The Walking Dead Season One (if you got it), login if you need it, get to the main menu and exit the game. Then run The Walking Dead Season 2. It worked for me. Good luck.

• I was exactly the same. they should have stated that it wasn't steam, then I wouldn't have bothered

I got a key from GMG that I thought was a Steam key, was pretty disappointed to say the least when I found out I'd have to go through this garbage.

• Nah, nothing. :(

Listen, I've managed to get work and I'm a Telltale customer. Run The Walking Dead Season One (if you got it), login if you need it, get to the main menu and exit the game. Then run The Walking Dead Season 2. It worked for me. Good luck.

• Well thanks a lot Telltale nearly 2 hours later and no help thanks a lot. I got work in another 2 hours so I guess i'm not playing it today LOL THANKS!!!! :)

• sounds to me like free S & H is in order for pre-order customers.....

Well, at first I wanted to give all my money to TTG and not to steam... And there is the DVD box game for (nearly) free. I hope they'll offer us free shipping for all.

• I can confirm that this does absolutely jack shit. At least if you were sensible and bought season one on steam.

• Nothing.

• Hey telltale, don't forget that everybody will forgive you when we will play the game.
    But for now : "C'mon, we all want to play!!"

• I wish they'd just give us steam keys now, I really don't want this on this website as it'll just happen with the next episodes

• That would be ideal. Even with my shitty internet conection I would download it again if that means I can play.

I wish they'd just give us steam keys now, I really don't want this on this website as it'll just happen with the next episodes

• I bought from them directly to make sure all of them money went to them and so I could get the Collector's Edition DVD but nope you buy directly from them you are the LAST to play it LOL

Herkkutatti posted: »

Should have bought the steam version, but got this one so cheap from Greenman gaming... No wonder why it was so cheap.

• Whoa, an indie game company doesn't have the same server capacity as the largest distributor of games on the Internet?

Well I'll be.

• Speak for yourself, it's that mentality that will see this shit happen all over again come their next game.

Hey telltale, don't forget that everybody will forgive you when we will play the game. But for now : "C'mon, we all want to play!!"

• Same here...

Dharan posted: »

C'mon... :c I want to play the game before I go sleep! (gotta wake up early and it's already 10 pm. here)

• Then they should not insist on this ridiculous DRM that has been beaten already and pirates can play the game now. They should offer it DRM free.

Whoa, an indie game company doesn't have the same server capacity as the largest distributor of games on the Internet? Well I'll be.

• 9PM for me, gotta sleep too...

Dharan posted: »

C'mon... :c I want to play the game before I go sleep! (gotta wake up early and it's already 10 pm. here)

• I was definitely hoping to play before work =/, hopefully it'll work later tonight.

• C'mon... :c I want to play the game before I go sleep! (gotta wake up early and it's already 10 pm. here)

• It just really annoys me that we can't do this because of this DRM bullshit which doesn't even work because the people who pirated the game are playing it before the people who spent money on it, it just goes to show DRM is not the answer to piracy and never will be. Learn from this Telltale please.

Arthas-Sama posted: »

That would be ideal. Even with my shitty internet conection I would download it again if that means I can play.

• Wow... this really tops it... waited for so long.. getting excited..pre-order.. downloading it, and for what.. Error?... supporting ttg directly, didn't really pay off :(

• There's a lot of ways around that, especially since I'm sure they know what kind of traffic they would be getting with pre-orders coming from different sites as well as theirs.

Whoa, an indie game company doesn't have the same server capacity as the largest distributor of games on the Internet? Well I'll be.

• After TWD season 1 and The wolf among us you can't really call them an indie company, with the money they made they should've stepped up from season 1 which they have not

• edited December 2013

Indeed.

At points like this I wonder why I do not... just 'download' stuff somewhere else anymore.
    Pretty dumb to quit that.

Alento posted: »

Wow... this really tops it... waited for so long.. getting excited..pre-order.. downloading it, and for what.. Error?... supporting ttg directly, didn't really pay off

• edited December 2013

They're not ready to say anything yet, but I can assure you that they ARE looking into the problem.

And for the record - I'm not exactly happy that they've not said anything yet. It's not fair on the mods trying to cope with the situation, and it's most definitely not fair on you guys. You've paid your money for this, and you deserve better then to be left in the dark like this.

LassyKongo posted: »

2 hours and not even a single word about this issue?

• Im already at work, i was hoping to play an hour but wasn't possible

saphire9410 posted: »

God dammit, I just wanted to play for an hour or so before I would have to stop and study for finals. This is upsetting.

• 2 hours and not even a single word about this issue?

Alt text

• Come on, it has been 2 hours! Are they actually trying to fix it?!

• I was tempted to buy from Steam because of the issues with previous launches but the Collector's DVD was too tempting. Looks like I should've gone with my gut instinct.

• The problem that everyone who didn't order from steam is having? For the THIRD GODDAMN TIME? Sounds like you need to hire some people who can do their fucking jobs. Or just ditch this ridiculous DRM bullshit.

They're not ready to say anything yet, but I can assure you that they ARE looking into the problem. And for the record - I'm not exactly ha

• edited December 2013

EA and Dice have been looking into the BF4 problems for 2 months now... I really hope it's not the same here. Telltale and Dice/EA have similar histories with all previous releases, which were false starts.

They're not ready to say anything yet, but I can assure you that they ARE looking into the problem. And for the record - I'm not exactly ha

This discussion has been closed.