"Login Error: Can't communicate with Telltale Servers."

Comments

• At least there is some progress - it doesn't crash with xbox controller plugged in... huehuehuehue

• Still cant get in, how many hours must i wait

• Hahahaha, saw this... This sucks...

What's more upsetting is that they keep tweeting about other people's reviews on their game, yet no info whatsoever about this issue ...

• DABhand posted: »

Yeah finally got through "You Don't Own this Game" Fuck you TTG, I normally don't swear, but fuck you

• Cracks are not piracy, they're reverse engineering.

I don't care if they have a point - discussing piracy is against the rules and I'm not having it.

• Yeah finally got through

"You Don't Own this Game"

Fuck you TTG, I normally don't swear, but fuck you

• oh gawd, I feel so hard with you :/

DABhand posted: »

Yeah finally got through "You Don't Own this Game" Fuck you TTG, I normally don't swear, but fuck you

• This is just stupid...

• This happened when season 1 came out, it happened again when 400 days came out and now its happening again when season 2 is out. WTF TELLTALE?!

• Well since you experienced them all, how long did it take for them to sort it all out?

This happened when season 1 came out, it happened again when 400 days came out and now its happening again when season 2 is out. WTF TELLTALE?!

• All I am trying to do is maintain some semblance of order to this forum while reminding people of the rules.

I may be a little heavy-handed in that regard, yes. But that's because it's the only way to get through to people right now. Simply asking them with a please and thank you won't work, and you know it.

I AM sorry people aren't getting to play the game. I really am. It sucks, and I feel for you guys. But there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm just doing the best I can here, on the site - where I can actually do SOMETHING.

Arkhanist posted: »

The ONLY people this game is not working for - and posting in this thread - are paying customers. The only people who are annoyed with TellTal

• What's more upsetting is that they keep tweeting about other people's reviews on their game, yet no info whatsoever about this issue ...

• This must be a joke, I had the game 1 hour and 30 minutes ago and this is still fucked up, fix it guys, or do something for your costumers, that's getting really annoying. You KNEW that they will be a lot of peoples trying to connect but you can't handle it...

• This comes pretty close

i think this is how everyone is feeling http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n9baTmQyBuY

• Trying to play the game is harder than the game will be itself

• Man it's worse than Dark Souls

Undeadelvis posted: »

Trying to play the game is harder than the game will be itself

• Finally get through... what a f'ing joke.

Sorry TTG not buying from you again, this was a joke and unprofessional.

DABhand posted: »

• Gotta work tomorrow... I have only a hour left too.

saphire9410 posted: »

God dammit, I just wanted to play for an hour or so before I would have to stop and study for finals. This is upsetting.

• Would be kinda weak if they didnt. They had the pre order number right in front of them.
    Cant there be ONE pre Order this year that works? After the Rome 2 desaster i hoped for TTG to be doing things in a proper fashion, without bullsh*t.
    I am so naive.

This must be a joke, I had the game 1 hour and 30 minutes ago and this is still fucked up, fix it guys, or do something for your costumers, th

• Why can't you just embed a watermark or sth in the code so that you could just check who uploaded the pirated version to the web instead of asking all paying customers to be authenticated.

• Cracks are circumnavigating whatever copy-protection systems the developers put into the game.

Your point is valid, but it doesn't stop us from considering cracks as being under the same umbrella as piracy. Please don't argue about this - just leave the topic alone.

Cracks are not piracy, they're reverse engineering.

• Until an hour ago i was telling everywhere "poor Steam guys, paying more and not gettig the fancy dvd blah blah..."
    Now I can say "Poor direct buyers, didnt get a game at all"

What's more upsetting is that they keep tweeting about other people's reviews on their game, yet no info whatsoever about this issue ...

• edited December 2013

Looks like those reviewers didn't purchase directly. I also don't see them making a public statement about it. That would damage their "impeccable" reviews.

• The worst part is the majority of people here will buy their next game. Nevermind nonsense like "but I'll use Steam!", if you buy from them in future then you ARE saying that bullshit like this is okay. It's not...

• Hahahah, first boss; Try to connect.

Man it's worse than Dark Souls

• I don't what the fuck you're talking about, but if it lets us play the game we payed for then Telltale do it.

artnat posted: »

Why can't you just embed a watermark or sth in the code so that you could just check who uploaded the pirated version to the web instead of asking all paying customers to be authenticated.

• Well, i was just about to post the exact same comment. Thats so sad, for me and Telltale.

b4rt3kk posted: »

That's the first and the last time I'm buying any product directly from TTG. That's how it goes when you try to save some money. Should buy on steam and play it already.

• Well if I remember exactly (It's been a while) both of them released exactly on time on steam, it took around about 12 hours for them to give us a steam code for season 1, a few (6 I would say) hours for 400 days to come (but you can excuse 400 days a bit as they did give it out free for telltale customers who had already bought season 1 on ttg site), So unless they've wised up with their F ups it could take a few hours at best

Well since you experienced them all, how long did it take for them to sort it all out?

• That's the first and the last time I'm buying any product directly from TTG. That's how it goes when you try to save some money. Should buy on steam and play it already.

• Compared to trying to connect that fat demon was pretty easy. The entire game was a piece of cake compared to that

Hahahah, first boss; Try to connect.

• yea... um why isn't there a download for this yet???

• I'm only ok with it if they accompany every purchase with a Steam key. I won't be buying any future products from these people without that promise.

This was the first time I ever tried with the TellTale store and have been sorely disappointed. I won't be fooled twice.

CacheMiss posted: »

The worst part is the majority of people here will buy their next game. Nevermind nonsense like "but I'll use Steam!", if you buy from them in future then you ARE saying that bullshit like this is okay. It's not...

• Telltale, you should be ashamed of yourself. 14 pages, 262 comments, all from directly paying customers. We bought the game directly from you because we wanted to support you. Give you all the money, instead of Steam taking a cut. People who have pirated the game are playing it sooner than people who actually bought it are. I'll just say that again. People who have pirated the game are playing it sooner than people who actually bought it. That shows your DRM has not only disrupted paying customers, it has failed. I for one, will not be supporting you any more. Have fun supporting pirates!

• Well. The DRM is not to stop the pirates from pirating the game. It's to stop paying customers from sharing it with friends (as if anyone would do this in this day and age).

• +1 to this. TellTale, you should be ashamed.

LassyKongo posted: »

Telltale, you should be ashamed of yourself. 14 pages, 262 comments, all from directly paying customers. We bought the game directly from you

• Me too, I'm so disappointed.

That's the first and the last time I'm buying any product directly from TTG. That's how it goes when you try to save some money. Should buy on steam and play it already.

• You have a point. But then the games themselves are great. Its just the service and the infrastructure that suck.

And to be honest, I like the games too much to pirate them.
    I will just give a shit about pre ordering ANYTHING.

CacheMiss posted: »

The worst part is the majority of people here will buy their next game. Nevermind nonsense like "but I'll use Steam!", if you buy from them in future then you ARE saying that bullshit like this is okay. It's not...

• I think we can draw similarities between this and the walking dead universe.

It doesn't matter if you're young, old, girl, boy, smart, stupid, whatever. They don't care. You're going to play the game and have nightmares.

This situation shows just how people respond in times of dire need, when humanity is broken at the very seams, of steam vs non-steamyness. When zombies split out of that seam and take over various motels Lee was in.

The Walking Dead. Season 2.

• Well, at first I wanted to give all my money to TTG and not to steam... And there is the DVD box game for (nearly) free.
    I hope they'll offer us free shipping for all.

• Listen, I've managed to get work and I'm a Telltale customer. Run The Walking Dead Season One (if you got it), login if you need it, get to the main menu and exit the game. Then run The Walking Dead Season 2. It worked for me.

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.