We are the 'Tales from the Borderlands' Dev Team, AMA! (Over)

Comments

• I remember a while back you replied to someone asking if we would get Crazy by Gnarls Barkley would be in Tales, and you said Episode 2 was going to have a Gnarls Barkley song, can you say what song it was?

NickTTG posted: »

Hey freelancepolicefan11, * All the intro titles tracks got pitched back and forth primarily between Pierre and I. We would try to eith

• NotSaracenNotSaracen Telltale Alumni

I'm off to Walking Dead: Michonne. I'm suggesting that they need more robot fights in their zombie sequences.

• MarkDarinXMarkDarinX Former Telltale Staff

The cat was awesome. Some people just cant let go.

Another question what the hell was up with that cat statue Cassius had?

• enter image description here

MarkDarinX posted: »

• In the last episode, the climax with Jack, something that was building up during the entire series, was dealt with about halfway through the episode. It was excellently done, but suprisingly early. What was the process of deciding to conclude the story with a focus on Loader Bot and Gordys?

Also, I noticed that Fiona mainly interacted with various Pandorians, where as Rhys mainly interacted with Jack (or, at least, he didn't interact with as many original borderlands characters) Was this intentional?

Maybe you should say something...

PierreTTG posted: »

I'm as confused as you.

Trust, me, in the post-apocalyptic cyber-future we all tuck our ties into our pants. Safer that way from the psychos and the zombies.

So.... Rhys's tie... what's that all about?

• NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni

That's a sad product of having to take some wild guesses as to exactly what will happen in every episode when we ship ep 1. Same thing with achievements, which is why you're left scratching your head half the time. It makes it way more impressive when they do make sense though!

The home screen for episode 5 suggests that at some point Rhys and Fiona were going to fight. Was this the plan and how would it have come about?

• How do you guys pick the music for each episode intro and where do they come from , what character would you loved to bring to borderlands 3 if possible and what existing character in the borderlands universe would wished to have like tiny tina and also , will the vualt hunters be angry that ryhe s blew up Helios before they had a chance to even do it

Yes.
    Unless I'm lying.
    Which is probable.

Enigma12 posted: »

Is Gentle Jim the next big villain for borderlands 3?

• unlike the wolf among us

enter image description here

E-knight posted: »

How will tales affects borderlands 3 and will there be a season 2 , unlike the wolf among us

• Do we ever get to know what Rhys' tattoo looks like?

• That scene was probably one of the best in episode 1. That stun baton, I want one in the next borderlands.
    And you did a great job with Claptrap. When I first heard his voice I wanted to throw my Xbox out of the window

The scene under the arena in episode 1 where Sasha and Rhys had their competition on the catwalks. It got rewritten the night before recordi

Nope.

BionicPaint posted: »

Was it ever planned for Rhys and Fiona to have a physical fight with each other?

• I got answers! And we want questions?

What's your favorite quotes?

• my heart...

Poogers555 posted: »

unlike the wolf among us

• PierreTTGPierreTTG Telltale Alumni

Firstly, thanks! We appreciate the kind words.

Secondly, not exactly. We haven't taken literal suggestions from the forums as much as we've been inspired by the conversations that go on in the forums and the levels of interest in storylines and characters.

Tartaro posted: »

Firstly, thank you all for the amazing game. Secondly, do you guys read the forums and if yes do you take inspiration from some of the story suggestions or actually changed something because you liked an idea?

• What was the original plot for tales from the borderlands going to be and also -WHAT HAPPENED TO RYHSE ^S ARM

• edited October 2015

I remember when I was originally at that part and I was too emotional to notice step 3 and was devastated when I heard about it.

The final showdown had us both screaming with laughter, but also reminded us of how dark of a series borderlands can be.

Thanks again for keeping true to the source

Why did Zero sound different from before? There might be a glitch in the mainframe. Who had the idea for step 3? I wrote that scene

• After playing all 5 episodes and loving every minute of it and seeing what choices looked awesome the only thing that i have to ask is why didn't you take inspiration from the ending of The Wolf Among Us when you have the option to imprison the Crooked Man and apply that to the ending choice for Jack by having Rhys upload the AI into Claptrap (by the way who i later found out was the Mystery Vault hunter, great job on that guys) as a sort of ironic hell cause Jack hates them so much. Also what were your favorite jokes?

Guys! This has been great! Sorry to cut my time here a bit short, but video games gots to get made!! Thanks you all for being AMAZING fans!!

~Mark Darin

• The artists did a good job of making it look creepy it has an HK-47 from KOTOR vibe to it.

NickTTG posted: »

Haha yeah I tried to get that cat back. He was from an early rev on the character. We pivoted off a cat being involved in his story, so now you're stuck with a next time on that make 7% less sense. Sorry.

• Aww, you beat me to the joke!

• Are you aware that some people thought Rhys was a siren because of his blue tattoos?

Aww, you beat me to the joke!

• Nah thank you for taking the time to answer our questions! I look forward to whats to come from you guys. this was at least for me, my GOTY.

Guys! This has been great! Sorry to cut my time here a bit short, but video games gots to get made!! Thanks you all for being AMAZING fans!! ~Mark Darin

• Thank you for helping create a great game for us!

Guys! This has been great! Sorry to cut my time here a bit short, but video games gots to get made!! Thanks you all for being AMAZING fans!! ~Mark Darin

"HE DID THE THING!!!!"

DoubleJump posted: »

I got answers! And we want questions? What's your favorite quotes?

dojo32161 posted: »

Yeah we had a lot to get through of story in 5, so we knew we had to wrap up the past in the 1st half. We toyed with the idea of letting the player choose to pull Jack out or not, but ultimately the ripple effect was too huge, and we didn't want to force Gearbox to support something so crazy.

The idea of the stranger opening the vault to bring back a loved one was something we really liked. Everyone else was doing it out of greed and it was the robot who had pure intentions. Felt like a strong note to end on after a season of backstabbing and selfishness.

wiiwiieddie posted: »

In the last episode, the climax with Jack, something that was building up during the entire series, was dealt with about halfway through the

• My only question: How did Rhys lose his arm?

• sad wave

• edited October 2015

So you guys have mentioned that you have something in mind for what happened to Rhys and Fiona at the end of Episode 5 (where they went/what actually happened), but what about the others? Rhys and Fiona kind of took off without a word, so if we see these two again, do you think we'll ever see any of the other main cast -- like Vaughn (especially Vaughn) again as well (especially after Rhys and Vaughn had that lengthy conversation about Rhys never leaving Vaughn "out on the curb")?

Also, how long was the time gap between the fall of Helios and our leads meeting up with Vaughn and the others again?

astakolafs posted: »

Do we ever get to know what Rhys' tattoo looks like?

• Nah bro, thank YOU for being AMAZING and help create my GOTY. <3

"Come with me if you want to leave."

DoubleJump posted: »

I got answers! And we want questions? What's your favorite quotes?

• edited October 2015

Final final question!

Who had the idea of the ENHANCE! scene?

Wish I could stay longer, but sadly I have to take off. Thanks for being such an awesome fan base. I think we were a little bit worried you'd tear us to shreds over the course of the season, but the love this place gives of was a serious source of motivation. See you soon!

Sometimes you do things to make people think things that aren't the real things. :D

Visambros posted: »

Are you aware that some people thought Rhys was a siren because of his blue tattoos?

• edited October 2015

Play the final Episode ;)

Oh fuck I'm dumb...You mean't from the beginning of his hyperion escapades. Sorry about that!

My only question: How did Rhys lose his arm?

This discussion has been closed.