We are the 'Tales from the Borderlands' Dev Team, AMA! (Over)

1234568»

Comments

• edited October 2015

How old is Rhys?

• They had a chance to actively chat with a person who is involved in the development of the game and they managed to chase him out? wow. I have always supported transparency and active communication between companies and their consumers but I am starting to see the gray area on why it wouldn't work. I'm not suprised Valve has very very minimal contact with their fanbase as well.

eRock92 posted: »

Well, Tales From the Borderlands is over. They can't do it with Game of Thrones or Minecraft: Story Mode because those series are obviously

• As a TF2 veteran...I have lots of examples to why they do.

Reliqum posted: »

They had a chance to actively chat with a person who is involved in the development of the game and they managed to chase him out? wow. I ha

• Oh yes, I have over 2k hours spent into tf2 and boy... it's horrible.

LawmanZero posted: »

As a TF2 veteran...I have lots of examples to why they do.

• Could a mod or anyone else who can edit posts just add into the OP with big bold letters that the AMA is over and no further questions will be answered?

• The community is lying, for the most part, when they say they're one of the friendliest gaming fanbases.

Reliqum posted: »

Oh yes, I have over 2k hours spent into tf2 and boy... it's horrible.

• [removed]

dojo32161 posted: »

the things-you-didn't-know thread

• Why Rhus is looking For Fiona in ep.1? Why are they so pissed about each other?

• I can answer that.

He's looking for her so they can make up. They're so pissed about each other because of poor communication when Helios was getting wrecked, Finch and Kroger tried to take Gortys away by force and abandoning the sisters to die, until August saved them. However, Finch kidnapped Fiona and Sasha and they zoomed off in their pod. Fiona was pissed that Rhys didn't come to help them, or, if you chose to be President, was pissed about him messing up the heist and betraying them. Rhys, meanwhile, saw the pod leaving and thought Fiona was abandoning him to die.

SMASH! posted: »

Why Rhus is looking For Fiona in ep.1? Why are they so pissed about each other?

• edited October 2015

Did Hammond leave because of all those "Gavin Hammond is God" threads that used to pop up? That would have done it for me.

eRock92 posted: »

Well, Tales From the Borderlands is over. They can't do it with Game of Thrones or Minecraft: Story Mode because those series are obviously

• All I can recall is that he said the forums were not a nice place to be. I noticed his absence after episode 3. This was after the long wait before episode 2, which caused a frenzy, and the mass vocal "disappointments" with episode 3. Melissa Hutchinson would appear in the forums every now and then as well, but she's stopped around the same time as Gavin. There were hate threads and rude comments infiltrating the forums like a contagious disease.

I will say, however, there were other issues with the forums as well, ranging from leaked files to inappropriate images. The later forced mods to ban pictures in the forums (you could only post the url, the image wouldn't appear directly). There were also the downvote button fiascoes, excessive trolling, etc... I'm sure you remember all of that. I think we can all agree that the forums as a whole have come a LONG way from what they used to be.

KCohere posted: »

Did Hammond leave because of all those "Gavin Hammond is God" threads that used to pop up? That would have done it for me.

• So they can make up what?

I can answer that. He's looking for her so they can make up. They're so pissed about each other because of poor communication when Helios

• Well, Rhys wants to apologize to Fiona.

From the ECHO he's carrying in Ep 1, I'm guessing that she didn't reply to his messages, so he went to track her personally.

And it's been a year, so he must feel horribly guilty about killing everyone on Helios (he thinks).

SMASH! posted: »

So they can make up what?

• enter image description here

Not bad... sounds pretty plausible.

Well, Rhys wants to apologize to Fiona. From the ECHO he's carrying in Ep 1, I'm guessing that she didn't reply to his messages, so he we

• I saw her posts and I shudder.

• This gif makes my questioning for Rhys' skin tone colored lips arouse

BigBadPaul posted: »

Not bad... sounds pretty plausible.

• bumping this so it stays relevant

• edited October 2015

tfw your question is skiped

Green613 posted: »

I got 2. * Was Loaderbot originally meant to be the stranger? Or did that happen as the game was progressing (if he wasn't who originally did you intend for it to be) * Are you guys open to a season 2? IF SO CONFIRM IT PLEASE

This discussion has been closed.