The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• And when you really think about it, games ought to be more expensive. Ideally, you should be playing these things for many hours. A movie ticket is like 15 bucks for around 2 hours in a single sitting. A game can be played for hundreds of hours over years. By the federal minimum wage, as long as you are getting about ~9 hours of enjoyable from a game, then it should be worth it in regards to your time and money.

Of course this is why games like the Order 1886 being short are terrible. 6 hours for $60 bucks is not exactly a good deal if you only play it once (and that's barring actual quality). On the other hand, in retrospect I would pay a heck of a lot more for GTA V since I have gotten so, oh so much, joy from that. Minecraft was worth a lot more than the $30 it cost to buy for the time I spent paying it.

So, I can say, I am down for a modest price increase in my games. 5 dollars shouldn't really hurt anyone. Take Battlefront II. In its first week, it sold 1,326,906 units. Let's do some math. $60 for each unit gives us $79,614,360, and we are not accounting for any special priced unit. If we raise the price to $65, and say that the sales are going to be largely changed (in this simple case not at all), $86,248,890 made. And that's just the first week, these games are bound to sell a ton more copies so that small change goes a long way. And with that all the DLC is free yada yada yada, which ideally would encourage more people to buy the game, so more money. Basically everything is hunky dory, although consumers have to pay less than a hour's work for a better product. That seems fair.

Johro posted: »

I'm sure we're going to get to a future where AAA games are more expensive just in general, maybe $65. When I was a young teen, cons

• edited January 2018

It really is a USA driven market and I guess the average middle class wage isn't looking too good right now. It's easy for me to say that I'm willing to pay whatever. The average incomes from Canada to USA are about 40% higher for the cold side of the continent(so is cost of living, so we're in about the same shape). While video games cost 17% more(usually $10). Seems like this favours the north by quite a bit doesn't it?

So, yeah. Easy for me to say.
    (Also why a lot of let's players are Canadian. Games are cheaper by comparison. I actually think we're the cheapest country for games in which they aren't censored)

• Games are cheaper in Romania as well and I don't think I ever heard games being censored or banned in our country.

Johro posted: »

It really is a USA driven market and I guess the average middle class wage isn't looking too good right now. It's easy for me to say that I

• A revolution would make a really happy ending but also a cheesy one. I'm kinda tired of naive Hollywood movie that always end the same. Charlie Brooker has some balls to show us that not everything in the world ends well - and it's true. I was still left heartbroken though.

Acheive250 posted: »

Yeah, I’ve only seen season one. And yes, Bing’s speech was absolutely amazing. Get ready, rant starting... Something that I really

• Jesus I’m so sick ?

• Me as well. [cough, cough] ?
    A cold that's just starting to get into fever territory.

Melton23 posted: »

Jesus I’m so sick ?

• I'll be leaving tomorrow, no more putting it off. The upstairs neighbors are really testing me, though. I spoke with them last week and let them know how loud they were being, it wasn't any confrontation, just a small talk.

Today, they've vacuumed three times, slammed their doors all over the apartment, and one of the children is literally jumping somewhere in the apartment.

Gotta love apartment life...

• edited January 2018

Well it’s nearly 1AM, my eyes hurt, and I just cannot get to sleep. Great ? what’s even worse is that they hurt more when I close them, aaaaand I also can’t walk straight

AChicken posted: »

Me as well. [cough, cough] ? A cold that's just starting to get into fever territory.

• I feel your pain, I just got over the flu not long ago. Hope you get better soon.

Well it’s nearly 1AM, my eyes hurt, and I just cannot get to sleep. Great ? what’s even worse is that they hurt more when I close them, aaaaand I also can’t walk straight

• Get well soon.

Jesus I’m so sick ?

• I don't like new things, but the new forum update is not new to me anymore so I've gotten used to it.
    They fixed alot of the issues that the new update had... Well, atleast issues that I was having. What are your issues with it still? Are you still getting the Javascript bug? Because I haven't had it in a couple of days.

No you won't. It's been like this for a few months now and I'm still not use to it.

• The linear format primarily

I don't like new things, but the new forum update is not new to me anymore so I've gotten used to it. They fixed alot of the issues that th

• I feel like Bloodborne is coming close to being my favorite game of all time.

• It's pretty high up there for me. Probably number 5. I still prefer DS1 tbh

AronDracula posted: »

I feel like Bloodborne is coming close to being my favorite game of all time.

• It's on my top 3 favorite games of all time with Uncharted 2 and Resident Evil 7.

It's pretty high up there for me. Probably number 5. I still prefer DS1 tbh

• I did it. I finally made this song into a ringtone. Now, I can go to bed.

• Another night of no sleep ?

• Still sick? Maybe go to a doctor.

Another night of no sleep ?

• Very nice.

I did it. I finally made this song into a ringtone. Now, I can go to bed.

• I just beat Gehrman The First Hunter, in Bloodborne. It wasn't that frustrating, I beat him on the second try but he was really good.

I didn't get the second ending, I unlocked the secret one and I'll leave that Moon Presence boss alone for a while. I need to get ready before moving on to NG++.

• Let's go Eagles.

There's two NFC teams going to Minneapolis. One is going home, and there is going to win.

Oh to Brady and the Patriots. Oy vey.

• Nope Let's Go Patriots!!!!

Let's go Eagles. There's two NFC teams going to Minneapolis. One is going home, and there is going to win. Oh to Brady and the Patriots. Oy vey.

• edited January 2018

Hey can I ask a important question about Scarlett Johansson? I am literally at the point of hating the fuck out of her. Like I am really at that point right now. I am also wondering if anybody else hates her now? I wish discuss important things I hate her for going back into Ghost In The Shell(which she shouldn't NEVER have been in the first place other than a Asian actress instead)and going back to the hypocrisy of her attacking James Franco over a stupid pin and defending very troubling people who I REALLY hate and don't understand why she defended those people in the first place.

I really want to know if everybody is where I'm at right now and just so you know I REALLY hate her as Black Widow and I hope her(comedy with action-adventure standalone film)standalone Black Widow movie flops HARD cause I really hate her now.

I am trying understand why people shouldn't critizie her over things that she has done. She hasn't even apologize to anime fans (Ghost Of The Shell anime fans)and Asian Americans who really don't get any sort of respect in my view. So I just want to know if everybody can tell me if you hate Scarlett Johansson?

• edited January 2018

I don't like her as a parson. But honestly, I think she plays Black Widow very well. When I watch movies I try to put my personal feelings or opinions about the actors aside, and just try to enjoy the story and the characters. Mostly because if I didn't watch a movie because I didn't like something about an actor, then there would be very few movies that I could watch, and you have to enjoy things in life. But seriously yes, I don't like Scarlett Johansson.

strwar3 posted: »

Hey can I ask a important question about Scarlett Johansson? I am literally at the point of hating the fuck out of her. Like I am really at

• edited January 2018

Gotta take the day off today because of my thumping headache. Literally, my head is thumping and u can feel it, this can’t be normal, as well as my lack of navigation, I legit look like I’m drunk when I try to walk ? the one and only good thing I get out of this is that I maybe take another day off tomorrow, where I was supposed to give a presentation to a class full of mega geniuses.

• edited January 2018

Today's the first day in three months that I've had absolutely nothing planned and no car rides to go on. My back is overjoyed at the idea of not getting in another car for the rest of my life and I'm ecstatic that I get a day off!

• Just about had a heart attack.

I thought I had misread my university's academic calender and that my semester was actually starting in like a week and not in March like I had previously thought and made sure of a couple months ago. Doesn't help that I'm all the way back in my home country and a last minute flight back would cost me thousands of dollars.

Luckily I checked again and was actually looking at the summer semester class dates.

• Duuuuuude I just figured out that u can have PM’s with more than 2 ppl ??

• It's not even noon and today officially sucks donkey balls. Along with it being Monday and ex-Judas Priest drummer Dave Holland passing away, Slayer has just announced a farewell tour. Excuse while I curl up into a ball and die.

• edited January 2018

Jeez, rip this band ?
    I’ve never even heard of them but I’m always a free sentiment token

It's not even noon and today officially sucks donkey balls. Along with it being Monday and ex-Judas Priest drummer Dave Holland passing away, Slayer has just announced a farewell tour. Excuse while I curl up into a ball and die.

• Just got told that somebody died today on my school/college’s site while I was taking the day off. Scary stuff, and just to think that he gave me careers advice just a few weeks ago ☹️

• Slayer (are as fans always like to yell, FUUUUCKIIIING SLAYYYYYYYYYER!!!) are a Grammy award winning heavy metal band from California, pioneering early thrash metal and driving it's popularity in the 80's and early 90's. If you're a fan of South Park, you've probably heard their song Raining Blood used in an episode from a few years ago.

Jeez, rip this band ? I’ve never even heard of them but I’m always a free sentiment token

• I only said that cos I accidentally replied to your post while making my other separated post so I edited it out and replaced it with that cos I could ‘t delete it and didn’t want to look stupid. This is embarrassing.

Slayer (are as fans always like to yell, FUUUUCKIIIING SLAYYYYYYYYYER!!!) are a Grammy award winning heavy metal band from California, pione

• Sorry to hear that.?

Just got told that somebody died today on my school/college’s site while I was taking the day off. Scary stuff, and just to think that he gave me careers advice just a few weeks ago ☹️

• Got my first Zippo lighter.

• edited January 2018

Cool lighter. I actually know this guy who was in the army, and knowing him he’d say something like “we can use this lighter to light a Molotov cocktail. Dude’s nuts like that, even burst through the door wielding a banana hand gun

Got my first Zippo lighter.

• Sounds about right. He'd get far better use for it than for lighting candles. :lol:

Cool lighter. I actually know this guy who was in the army, and knowing him he’d say something like “we can use this lighter to light a Molotov cocktail. Dude’s nuts like that, even burst through the door wielding a banana hand gun

• Just beat Ebrietas, Celestial Emissary and Amygdala in Bloodborne NG+. The last optional boss that I have yet to beat is Laurence, The First Vicar, in Old Hunters DLC. I think he is going to be the worst one so far cause he is technically Cleric Beast with fire powers.

• edited January 2018

I don't hate the Black Widow character she plays. I just hate her as a Person too. Like I can't even stand her anymore and it makes it very difficult to see her act today. Like I want her Standalone Comedy-Action Adventure Black Widow to flop like very very very hard. I can't take it anymore.
    I am trying push away my personnel feelings out the door,but I just want this film to flop to happen. That's all I want and I hope I get it soon.

Kng0604 posted: »

I don't like her as a parson. But honestly, I think she plays Black Widow very well. When I watch movies I try to put my personal feelings o

Sign in to comment in this discussion.