The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I’ve had nothing but macaroni and cheese cups and canned soup for four days now

Johro posted: »

Burgers and noodles. Burgers and noodles. My meals are getting lazy again.

• how are you still alive

I’ve had nothing but macaroni and cheese cups and canned soup for four days now

• The soup builds me up, I am becoming invincible by using canned soup

how are you still alive

• I've had nothing but macaroni and cheese cups and canned soup for four days now

this seems to be delicious, except the canned soups. I need to eat healthy everyday and I'm really used to. but I wish I could eat macaroni and cheese cups lmao

• When you eat a bunch of frozen food and you become super cold and you wrap yourself in a blanket and light a zippo lighter underneath it. I'm so smart

• [proceeds to burn entire house down after falling asleep with said lighter]

When you eat a bunch of frozen food and you become super cold and you wrap yourself in a blanket and light a zippo lighter underneath it. I'm so smart

• At least I won't have to worry about the cold. If you don't hear from me for like a week, you know what happened...

AChicken posted: »

[proceeds to burn entire house down after falling asleep with said lighter]

• Why are so many classic movies getting sequels in these days?

This doesn't even look like sequel, it looks like a goddamn remake. I bet it will flop just like Independence Day Resurgence.

• To answer one of your questions @DabigRG that you sent out.

Are there any characters or even episodes you feel could be combined?

Yes. We talking episodes, episode 1-3 and episode 4-5 should've been only 2 episodes from ANF. They literally are combined, only telltale didn't bother to release all at once, and instead cut what would've been about 2, possibly 2 and a half episodes.

Now onto characters, Jane and Molly (basically same story), Kenny and Tripp (basically same personality) and so forth.

• Yes, a very good movie. Would definitely recommend it. And just because it's animation, doesn't mean it's a 'kiddie' movie.

MegaXD posted: »

I just got home after watching "coco" with my lil brother. Such a beautiful movie, happy and sad at the same time, I almost cried in one par

• Been wanting to read a Stephen King book, would you recommend that one for my first?

Johro posted: »

...Pet Sematary is a good book.

• Yes. It's a great first Stephen King book. It's not incredibly long, as some are, and there's always something happening. He really makes you feel like you're going through the emotional roller coaster of the main character. It's one of his best. It's my personal favourite, but it still ranks up there in his catalogue with others' as well(usually a #8-#10).

Acheive250 posted: »

Been wanting to read a Stephen King book, would you recommend that one for my first?

• And the CG looks cheaper than the first movie. That's already a bad sign.

AronDracula posted: »

Why are so many classic movies getting sequels in these days? This doesn't even look like sequel, it looks like a goddamn remake. I bet it will flop just like Independence Day Resurgence.

• Wrong thread?

captainivy1 posted: »

To answer one of your questions @DabigRG that you sent out. Are there any characters or even episodes you feel could be combined?

• No. The other thread was closed, and they were kinda redirected to this thread.

Wrong thread?

• I thought glasses were supposed to keep your eyes from getting worse. I can’t read anything without my glasses now, I feel betrayed.

• Yep, that's what my sisters tell me. Somehow, my eyesight has outlasted theirs and I usually spend my days staring at screens (More than they do). I thought my eyes would've been shot by now.

I thought glasses were supposed to keep your eyes from getting worse. I can’t read anything without my glasses now, I feel betrayed.

• Rumors about Microsoft "buying" EA.Haha rumors these days..

• edited January 2018

Eyyyy. Turns out a bunch of my friends were planning to do a D&D campaign and invited me in! It's all still in the planning stages and not everyone's made a character yet but it's definitely happening!

I've already gotten my character straightened out and everything though. I'm a Dwelf (half dwarf, half elf). :)

• So I'm in a hospital for four to five days. There are of course a lot of brats my age and I already heard them talking shit about me, because I'm not talking to them. This may seem like a stupid problem, but it really doesn't help my social anxiety. I don't know if I'll be able to handle hearing this for five days straight. Any advice how to handle this without actually interacting/speaking to them?

• I swear, a lot of classic movies are getting unnecessary sequels, remakes and reboots. Why can't they just make a new story instead? Something that will make us remember the 2010's.

And the CG looks cheaper than the first movie. That's already a bad sign.

• Um, that was specifically for Friendship is Magic, but okay.

If you want to elaborate more on your thoughts regarding characters though, here is my composite character thread.

captainivy1 posted: »

To answer one of your questions @DabigRG that you sent out. Are there any characters or even episodes you feel could be combined?

• Since I don't feel/think making a MLPFIM thread would be very viable right now, I'll just share these here:

Who are some of your favorite characters and what sticks out about hem?

Who are some of your least favorite characters and why?

What are some character traits or plot points that you think could make any character more interesting/enjoyable if they were explored?

Are there any characters or even episodes you feel could be combined?

What did you think/feel about Juniper Montage?

And for that matter, how have most of the more recent villains/antagonists fared?

Here's a topic I've been thinking about a number of times recently: Sunset Shimmer (and to an extent, Starlight Glimmer, if you wish).

What did you think of her potential as a villain vs. the actual execution?

What is your retrospect on the fruits of her redemption(or reformation in the latter's case)?

Do you enjoy where her character has progressed or would you have preferred if they stuck with the original concept?

Bonus questions(as in, they came up and you can answer any of them if you feel the need to): How do you feel about the trend involving the concept of Evil/Shadow/Anti-Twilights? How do each of them rank with you? How could any of them have been done differently?

• Oooo boy. This can only go well.

DabigRG posted: »

Since I don't feel/think making a MLPFIM thread would be very viable right now, I'll just share these here: Who are some of your favor

• If you're not going to interact with them, your only choice is to tune them out. If you'll never see them again once you're out of the hospital, then it doesn't matter what they think of you.

Have you got any obvious-size headphones you could wear most of the day, so it's clear you're not listening to what they're saying? If they know you're not listening to them, it's only a matter of time before you become a boring topic, and they talk about something else.

So I'm in a hospital for four to five days. There are of course a lot of brats my age and I already heard them talking shit about me, becaus

• Yes, a very good movie. Would definitely recommend it. And just because it's animation, doesn't mean it's a 'kiddie' movie

Anyone can watch animated movies especially if they are from Pixar.
    the movie theater was full of adults and teenagers watching "coco", I barely got a seat.

• I’m so lonely ?

• Star Wars Episode IX Opening Crawl Revealed!?!? Literally Fake Anyway,But Still Come Onnnn you know what's funny? Disney and JJ Abrams(especially JJ Abrams since Disney and Rian Johnson screwed the Star War Fanbase and broke everybody's heart when seeing it) has to fix everything that Disney ruined.

I liked this video and it just shows how Disney shouldn't never have gotten the Star Wars Franchise in the first place.

• Here's a topic I've been thinking about a number of times recently: Sunset Shimmer (and to an extent, Starlight Glimmer, if you wish)...

Hmm... I've never really been into the whole "Pony" aesthetic. But now that I've beared the likes of "School-Live" and saw it's oddly mature tones underneath it's childish exterior, I may have to check this stuff out.

DabigRG posted: »

Since I don't feel/think making a MLPFIM thread would be very viable right now, I'll just share these here: Who are some of your favor

• [looks up School-Live]

"Hah, ok, just your averag-- WhoaalrightthatsnotwhatIexpectedthiswasabout.cool"
    It sounds interesting! Should I watch it?

Here's a topic I've been thinking about a number of times recently: Sunset Shimmer (and to an extent, Starlight Glimmer, if you wish)...

• edited January 2018

I say that it goes deeper than that. You have to be mentally willing to accept that you can't be like the people around you. If you have any doubts, or you feel like it's something you can change, it will hurt you. You have to feel that it was just "meant to be" and not that it's your fault. I go through this every day with my Co-workers and I've never been much of a talker. If I let it, it hurts me to see the cashier and baggers at other registers chatting away, while me and my bagger are completely silent. It's not that I don't want to talk to them, I just feel that there's nothing worth saying. I still fight that doubt in my mind, but to make myself not have a stressful shift, I have to let myself accept that I'm different from them.

This is mainly for you, @EleanaBaeForeva

WarpSpeed posted: »

If you're not going to interact with them, your only choice is to tune them out. If you'll never see them again once you're out of the hosp

• Oh. It actually wasn't that bad of a show. And it has a dark twist straight from the getgo. That's what hooked me into it. If you can get past all the cutesy and oversexualized BS that most anime's do now a'days, it's worth a watch.

[looks up School-Live] "Hah, ok, just your averag-- WhoaalrightthatsnotwhatIexpectedthiswasabout.cool" It sounds interesting! Should I watch it?

• In late December to early January I was in Portugal. City of Porto. And guess what ?!
    I met Clementine. Still alive!

And also I decided to leave some sign for fans on this forum.

• I spend a lot of time on the screens since my classes were online. I do a lot online, which means I’m going to spend a lot of time in front of a screen. The only time I’m not wearing my glasses is when I’m asleep, that’s all. I think my fault lies in the fact that I didn’t go to my normal eye doctor and instead went to one at the mall.

I’m blaming the mall for my bad eyesight, that is correct.

Yep, that's what my sisters tell me. Somehow, my eyesight has outlasted theirs and I usually spend my days staring at screens (More than they do). I thought my eyes would've been shot by now.

• In what world is a patient in a hospital required to talk to anyone but their doctor?

“They’ve got the flu? Doesn’t matter, you need to talk to those girls.”

Psh, if they’re so gossipy to the point that they talk shit on you for not talking to them, then they’re bound to be worse when you do talk to them and accidentally say something they don’t like.

You’re not missing out on anything, you’re likely at the hospital to recover, not socialize.

So I'm in a hospital for four to five days. There are of course a lot of brats my age and I already heard them talking shit about me, becaus

• edited January 2018

You should blame malls for more than that. :wink:

And yah, ... trusting a mall doctor's opinion would seem very sketchy to me. It's always good to go to the most professional of places for that type of thing. I would say a haircut, or maybe some dental work would be good to do at a mall, and medical assistance when you have an emergency there, but nothing more than that.

I spend a lot of time on the screens since my classes were online. I do a lot online, which means I’m going to spend a lot of time in front

• i didn't know this was happening and now that i know i'm incredibly angry and disappointed and it's your fault. how dare you

AronDracula posted: »

Why are so many classic movies getting sequels in these days? This doesn't even look like sequel, it looks like a goddamn remake. I bet it will flop just like Independence Day Resurgence.

• Two more days until my vacation(going nowhere). I can't wait, but I will, because that's my only option.

• ...Or it might just be your downfall.

You see, that's why you don't let Gravity have the upper hand.

• Just a reminder, the "No Politics" guideline is still in place.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.