The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited November 2018

Don't really know about Red Dead Redemption and Monster Hunter, so those are stratches.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the best games of the year, perhaps the best in this generation. It’s deserved to be called as such.

Monster Hunter is a great game too.

DabigRG posted: »

Still need to see Spiderman in action. Don't really know about Red Dead Redemption and Monster Hunter, so those are stratches.

• Oh, I'm sure they are enjoyable. I just don't know much about them.

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Don't really know about Red Dead Redemption and Monster Hunter, so those are stratches. Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the best gam

• You don’t need to know much about Red Dead other than it’s basically like GTA set in the Wild West but better. As for the story, it’s a prequel so you can play it with little to no knowledge about the series.

Oh, I'm sure they are enjoyable. I just don't know much about them.

• If you've never had a BLT on texas toast, have one right now.

• I'm glad I got to grow up in the backwoods of Kentucky. Used to get into all kinds of shit as a kid. If we wasn't on the PlayStation with San Andreas, we'd be pulling each other on big wheels with a four wheeler, to see who could jump the farthest.

I don't know how any of us didn't get severely injured from some of the stuff we use to do.

• The teaser trailer for the most necessary and unnecessary movie everyone is excited for.

• When they first announced this, I was skeptical of it. I was probably against it, too.
    The third film tied it up so nicely and gave me emotional release by the end...

Recently, I heard Tom Hanks said that the ending to this movie was so emotional, he was having such a hard time voicing his final lines.
    And, well, that brought me back on.
    Plus, it's Toy Story. They've got to have something good planned. Hopefully this one is the ending the series needs though. I can't see it going on for another trilogy.

AronDracula posted: »

The teaser trailer for the most necessary and unnecessary movie everyone is excited for.

• It has been a while since I last checked in with you guys, How are you all? I genuinely hope that life is treating you well :smile:

• edited November 2018

What the... Realistic pokémon??!

I still think it's weird that Ryan Reynolds is playing a talking Pikachu, but I might get used to it.
    I'm strangely excited for this movie though.

• Honestly, this looks so dumb that it must be good. Consider me hyped.

AChicken posted: »

What the... Realistic pokémon??! I still think it's weird that Ryan Reynolds is playing a talking Pikachu, but I might get used to it. I'm strangely excited for this movie though.

• Wow, Stan Lee recently passed. Rest in peace.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited November 2018

RIP man

another one turns to dust?

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1062052518384070657 Wow, Stan Lee recently passed. Rest in peace.

• Just heard, the day many of us have feared have arrived. He lived a long and incredible life, and the world thanks him for his creations.

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1062052518384070657 Wow, Stan Lee recently passed. Rest in peace.

• My momma brought me one from her lunch. It was a'ight, from what I remember.

Dex-Starr posted: »

If you've never had a BLT on texas toast, have one right now.

• RIP. He'll be truly missed.

• .....That’s it? just....”a’ight”? Was it crispy, pork bacon? Was the bread toasted? Fresh lettuce and tomatoes? Was it soggy when she gave it to you? Was it a little too crunchy?

My momma brought me one from her lunch. It was a'ight, from what I remember.

• hooray the forums is still here

• edited November 2018

I had to put it in the microwave by the time I got home and it was kinda falling apart in the takeout tray, so I obviously didn't get it at it's prime.
    The best I can give is a little crunchy with lettuce in it.

Dex-Starr posted: »

.....That’s it? just....”a’ight”? Was it crispy, pork bacon? Was the bread toasted? Fresh lettuce and tomatoes? Was it soggy when she gave it to you? Was it a little too crunchy?

• Damn. And he just had one more to go, too.
    RIP

• edited November 2018

Oh look, that Pokeapocalypse movie got a sequel! Or is it a Ted spinoff?

Cheese and Rice, Psyduck looks horrifying.

Those friggin phone commercials surprisingly don't make this as annoying as you'd think.

In lieu of a potentially tasteless joke, have this alternative.

What the... Realistic pokémon??! I still think it's weird that Ryan Reynolds is playing a talking Pikachu, but I might get used to it. I'm strangely excited for this movie though.

• edited November 2018

Pikachu looks really cute in this! I wanna squooze him!

It all looks and sounds so promising. I hope they continue to touch up on the Pokemon because most of them, aside from Pikachu, Mr. Mime and Jigglypuff look really weird looking. Also maybe Psyduck because he looks a little too unsettling.

• Why does this poster make me want to bawl my eyes out already? image

• This might mean that Toy Story 4 will be the finale of the franchise. And it should be because nobody wants it to become a cash grab like Transformers.

Why does this poster make me want to bawl my eyes out already?

• edited November 2018

Just you wait

^ This is what got me onboard for Toy Story 4. It might be the definitive end to the series, and it'll be quite the sledgehammer to the face, I imagine. Get your tissues ready, folks.

Why does this poster make me want to bawl my eyes out already?

• dude, Stan Lee died on my birthday, what a weird day

• Happy... Uh... Birthday.

For whatever that's worth.

MegaXD posted: »

dude, Stan Lee died on my birthday, what a weird day

• edited November 2018

So a few weeks ago I had applied for a Masters degree in another university (not the one I eventually got the offer letter from). Paid the $100 application fee and sent in the application. Got a reply a couple weeks later saying that my application received. Then a couple weeks after that I got an email with a link a selection test of some sort but I couldn't access the link for whatever reason. So I contacted the student centre that was helped me apply to help me with this. But 24 hours later I get an email saying my application was cancelled because the application was sent in late.

So I wondered to myself, "Then why did you take my money? Why accept the application in the first place?"

So I went directly to the uni and I asked if I could get a refund for the application and the person I talked to gave me an email address to contact. Sent in the email. Two weeks later I finally get a reply.

"Unfortunately the University application fee is non-refundable."

So essentially I paid a $100 for no reason.

It's late now but I'm gonna try calling the university tomorrow and ask them what's going on.

• everything about college seems like a massive pain. except all the keggers.

lupinb0y posted: »

So a few weeks ago I had applied for a Masters degree in another university (not the one I eventually got the offer letter from). Paid the $

• You know your priorities straight when you trade your car for a racing four wheeler. Oh well; do some late night trail riding, and playing in the snow.

• Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele??
    Sign me up.

AronDracula posted: »

The teaser trailer for the most necessary and unnecessary movie everyone is excited for.

• You know your priorities are straight when you're playing friday the 13th and Xenoverse 2 instead of trying to fix your failing grade.

Ruger_556 posted: »

You know your priorities straight when you trade your car for a racing four wheeler. Oh well; do some late night trail riding, and playing in the snow.

• The Game Awards 2018 nominees. Full list here:
    https://thegameawards.com/awards/

Your GOTY nominees are

• Celeste
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • God of War
    • Marvel's Spider-Man
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Red Dead Redemption 2

Best Action Game:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
    • Dead Cells
    • Destiny 2: Forsaken
    • Far Cry 5
    • Mega Man 11

Best Action/Adventure Game:

• Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
    • God of War
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Best Role Playing Game:

• Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
    • Monster Hunter: World
    • Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
    • Octopath Traveler
    • Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Best Fighting Game:

• BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
    • Dragon Ball FighterZ
    • Soul Calibur VI
    • Street Fighter V Arcade

Best Family Game:

• Mario Tennis Aces
    • Nintendo Labo
    • Overcooked 2
    • Starlink: Battle for Atlas
    • Super Mario Party

Best Strategy Game:

• BATTLETECH
    • Frostpunk
    • Into the Breach
    • The Banner Saga 3
    • Valkyria Chronicles 4

Best Game Direction:

• A Way Out
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Detroit: Become Human
    • God of War
    • Marvel's Spider-Man

Best Art Direction:

• Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    • Octopath Traveller
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • God of War
    • Return of the Obra Dinn

Best Independent Game:

• Celeste
    • Dead Cells
    • Intro the Breach
    • The Messenger
    • Return of the Obra Dinn

Best Ongoing Game:

• Overwatch
    • Rainbow Six: Siege
    • Fortnite
    • Destiny 2
    • No Man's Sky

Best Score/Music:

• Celese
    • God of War
    • Marvel's Spider-Man
    • Ni no Kuni II
    • Octopath Traveller

Best Performance:

• Christopher Judge as Kratos (God of War)
    • Roger Clark as Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption 2)
    • Yuri Lowenthal as Peter Parker (Spider-Man)
    • Melissanthi Mahut as Kassandra (Assassin's Creed Odyssey)
    • Bryan Dechart as Connor (Detroit: Become Human)

Best Narrative:

• Detroit: Become Human
    • God of War
    • Life is Strange 2: Episode 1
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a second, why the hell is Life is Strange S2 E1 getting nominated for an award? Nominate it for something when the whole game is out, fine. But an individual episode, in the "Best Narrative" category, where most of the episode is spent wandering through the woods, and when they're 4 more episodes left in the game for its narrative? That doesn't make any damn sense.

No, I'm not saying this because I don't like LiS, I'm saying this because the Game Awards are basically nominating an unfinished game for it's "Best Narrative" category. I'd be saying the same thing if it was a Telltale game that was nominated. This is a crock of shit.

MichaelBP posted: »

The Game Awards 2018 nominees. Full list here: https://thegameawards.com/awards/ Your GOTY nominees are * Celeste * Assassin's Cr

• edited November 2018

They did the same thing with PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds last year, it wasn't even a full game, it was just early access until it was fully released this year.

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a second, why the hell is Life is Strange S2 E1 getting nominated for an award? Nominate it for something when the w

• Now that I'm happy Spider-Man got a lot of nominations, I hope it wins at least one award. I think we all know Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to win this year.

The Game Awards 2018 nominees. Full list here: https://thegameawards.com/awards/ Your GOTY nominees are * Celeste * Assassin's Cr

• Man I miss the good old days when me, and a buddy would stay up most the night playing black ops on the PS3. He'd smoke pot and play, and I'd get a kick out of how paranoid he'd get every time the dogs would show up. Man were those zombies stressful.

• The Telltale site seems to have lost its security settings.

On mobile, if visit this site, Google Chrome now gives me a warning that this site may be unsafe (though it says it's because I have an unsafe public internet connection, but that's not true. It's private, and it doesn't complain for any other site)

• I used to spend nights playing shadows of evil with my old HS friends. It was pretty fun. One of my friends used to shit on our other friend’s girlfriend, saying she looked like a Margwa?

Ruger_556 posted: »

Man I miss the good old days when me, and a buddy would stay up most the night playing black ops on the PS3. He'd smoke pot and play, and I'

• The beginning of the end :kennysad:

The Telltale site seems to have lost its security settings. On mobile, if visit this site, Google Chrome now gives me a warning that this

• Typical LiS review: The game is shit nothing special. The music is pretty good tho.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.