The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Apparently it applies for the whole country

WarpSpeed posted: »

That school has some issues.

• Happy Thanksgiving everyone! ?

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited November 2018

Let us not forget Thanksgiving resulted in the rape, the transmission of deseases such as smallpox, and the brutal killing of the “native” americans, so much that their numbers today are only a small fraction of what it used to be. Nearly killed extinction, the descendants of the native americans now reside on reservations, on the very land that was once theirs but is no longer, all thanks to the worst parasites to ever live?. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! ?

• Happy Turkey Day!

• thanks for reminding me now i'll savor each bite knowing that we won

Dex-Starr posted: »

Let us not forget Thanksgiving resulted in the rape, the transmission of deseases such as smallpox, and the brutal killing of the “native” a

• "We"? Bitch you're Asian, you didn't win shit :D :D :D :D

thanks for reminding me now i'll savor each bite knowing that we won

• Dex-Starr posted: »

Let us not forget Thanksgiving resulted in the rape, the transmission of deseases such as smallpox, and the brutal killing of the “native” a

• Excuuuuse me

• Damn, Disney are really going all out for this movie. Instead of using CGI they just decided to teach animals how to speak and act. Incredible!

• i thought USA=entire world

"We"? Bitch you're Asian, you didn't win shit

• It does, except for France. The French are better than everyone. That's why I've renounced my American citizenship, and plan on becoming a Frenchman in the near future.

i thought USA=entire world

• Can't wait to see Mufasa's death in real life form. It should be as emotional as the original.

lupinb0y posted: »

Damn, Disney are really going all out for this movie. Instead of using CGI they just decided to teach animals how to speak and act. Incredible!

• Nearly killed extinction

Well, at least it wasn't all bad.

• Finally, the real deal.

lupinb0y posted: »

Damn, Disney are really going all out for this movie. Instead of using CGI they just decided to teach animals how to speak and act. Incredible!

DabigRG posted: »

Nearly killed extinction Well, at least it wasn't all bad.

• I see

It does, except for France. The French are better than everyone. That's why I've renounced my American citizenship, and plan on becoming a Frenchman in the near future.

• What if we all had a language that only we could understand? For example, I'd be able to understand what i'm being told through musical sounds, or through a strobe of colors where the order of color flashes represent a different "word".

• edited November 2018

Every country has a history of injustices and atrocities behind them, there’s no perfect one.

It does, except for France. The French are better than everyone. That's why I've renounced my American citizenship, and plan on becoming a Frenchman in the near future.

• Well then, I hope you’ve learned France’s national anthem before you become a citizen.

• congrats on passing. now you get to eagerly await the next time you can be stressed af over some project ?

Melton23 posted: »

Half of the people in my business class failed their assignment and are getting kicked out of school. Looks like I’m one of the few who passed

• i'm sure there's something to say about a holiday giving thanks for what you have being immediately followed by black friday where people are trampled to death.

• God damn you pesky Americans....

Well then, I hope you’ve learned France’s national anthem before you become a citizen.

• I still have 2 more consecutive projects going on, where both need to be in before Christmas. I should be getting another one next week as well.

sarahsenpai posted: »

congrats on passing. now you get to eagerly await the next time you can be stressed af over some project ?

• Goku was at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!!!

• What isn't on my mind these days. Feels like it's racing a million miles a second. I Didn't use to Feel like this, but I guess when you've got family one one side that go through nervous spells and the other side is bipolar, it's definitely not a good combination.

Grandma was told by a physician that she shouldn't have kids. probably should've listened, but oh well; I'm glad I'm here I guess.

• edited November 2018

For those in America, I'm sure you've heard this story about a "man" named Chris Watts from Colorado, who murdered his pregnant wife and 2 daughters seemingly out of nowhere and has since pleaded guilty to the crimes.

Well now, it seems that the media found this tiny, completely irrelevant piece of information, and have now decided to run with it. Apparently, records show that, a few hours after the murder, he Googled the lyrics to a Metallica song called Battery. Despite the fact that the song isn't even about what Watts had done and has absolutely no correlation other than his Google search, the song, as these articles are going to great lengths to point out, contains lyrics like "Smashing through the boundaries, lunacy has found me" and "Pounding out aggression, turns into obsession/Cannot kill the battery/Cannot kill the family/Battery is found in me." While not directly said, it is clear they are implying that there is some sort of link between Watts and his music choice (even though, as I mentioned, there is no correlation other than this and, even if there was, ultimately denies the personal responsibility on the part of the individual who committed the heinous acts by placing the blame on something else).

And lo and behold, it appears to be working to an extent (God people are fucking stupid). Even on YouTube, the comments section of the song is filled with people saying this song is "evil," "disturbing," and "horrendous." It's like people that try and pin mass shootings and other crime on video games, it's just so dumb. And there are even some people saying that Metallica should comment or release a statement on it, and all I can think about is why? This has nothing to do with them, he wasn't "inspired" by the band or the song, the members didn't go out and tell him to do this, so why should they feel the need to give this any time of day and draw attention to it?

Edit: Oh joy, some religious nut has responded to one of my comments on YouTube. He called me evil and insisted I stop listening to this demonic music, to which I told him I’m a devout Christian who has attended both Catholic high school and college. I love talking to people who think they know more about me than I do, simply because of my music preference.

• i love his hair. goku is so punk.

Goku was at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!!!

• heavy metal is the devil's music.

For those in America, I'm sure you've heard this story about a "man" named Chris Watts from Colorado, who murdered his pregnant wife and 2 d

• Oh really?

sarahsenpai posted: »

heavy metal is the devil's music.

• Been trying to remember how to play a few Metallica songs I used to play one the piano. I'm not a piano player, but I could play by ear and figure it out myself. I think it's unforgiven is what I'm thinking of, I'd have to listen to it to make sure. Hell they make like 3 or 4 versions ?

• That ass is pretty holy though :D

Oh really?

• People are stupid and that’s real. Whenever the media tells them to believe something they go ahead and believe it, and it’s honestly stupid. I’m not a fan of heavy metal or punk rock or anything like that but there’s literally no way his acts were inspired by music. That’s literally like saying, take the US national anthem for example, “and the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air, gave proof through the night that our flag was still there”, is promoting war, due to the connotations/reference to what I believe to be the American Revolution, so why is that for whatever reason acceptable, but when it’s a song that uses louder noises it’s for whatever reason the spawn of Satan?

For those in America, I'm sure you've heard this story about a "man" named Chris Watts from Colorado, who murdered his pregnant wife and 2 d

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I remember reading that people where blaming Marilyn Manson for the Columbine shootings due to the shooters allegedly listening to his music which later turned out not to be true and caused some damage to his reputation which is pretty stupid and sad.

People always want to point the blame at other things when things like this happen which often isn't the reason people do the crime.

• If there was more people like this man right here, the world would be a much better place.

• There are 3 versions, and The Unforgiven III does open with a piano, maybe that’s what you’re thinking.

Ruger_556 posted: »

Been trying to remember how to play a few Metallica songs I used to play one the piano. I'm not a piano player, but I could play by ear and

• If by holy you mean fake as shit, then sure.

That ass is pretty holy though

• Shit I was way off ?. Nothing else matters; Wish I could play it this good tho.

• I would also recommend the version of Nothing Else Matters that Metallica recorded with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

Ruger_556 posted: »

Shit I was way off ?. Nothing else matters; Wish I could play it this good tho.

• edited November 2018

Hell "YEEAAAHH!!!" ? ?

I would also recommend the version of Nothing Else Matters that Metallica recorded with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

• Clementine in Goku’s fighting stance and wearing his gi.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.