The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited February 2020

So I've been looking around on other subreddits to see people talking about the """leak""" and what I learned was a ton of people still dont understand the Telltale situation at all

Everyone saying it isnt real because Telltale is dead. Like yeah I doubt its real but it isnt because "Telltale is dead."

I really hope by Wolf 2's release people actually understand what is going on with Telltale, its kinda surprising so many people dont understand it, it really isnt the most complicated thing.

• Fake leak Telltale is dead!1

Poogers555 posted: »

so uh wolf 2 leaker guy is back saying poker night 3 and tales 2

• edited February 2020

Well, that brings false hope to humanity.

Ghetsis posted: »

Fake leak Telltale is dead!1

• Part of it is cancel culture at its finest paired with people's general inability to admit when they're wrong or do their research. I know people that refuse to give new Telltale a chance or look at any new information about them because "it's Telltale" and nothing will change their opinion. I also know people who, even after they've been shown all the interviews and articles about new Telltale and AdHoc, are still hemming and hawing because they don't know who or what to believe and they'd rather just wait and see.

Another part of it is, to be totally honest, the radio silence on Telltale's end imo. They don't have a very large or active social media presence; same with AdHoc. I think some people genuinely don't know that they're back or what the situation with them is. There are still people who don't know that TWAU 2 is coming back or they've only just found out way after the fact.

Poogers555 posted: »

So I've been looking around on other subreddits to see people talking about the """leak""" and what I learned was a ton of people still dont

• So, I just finished reading the first chapters to the five new series that started in Shonen Jump (the magazine which runs One Piece, My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Hunter X Hunter and various other well known properties) recently and this is my assessment:
    Zipman!!: Very promising, I'd keep an eye on this one. Introduces a good amount of plot threads for it to follow through on and seems to know its emotional core.
    Agravity Boys: This one unfortunately felt kind of uneven, it's interesting, but kind of introduces several things at once and I'm not exactly sure where it's heading based solely off its first chapter.
    Undead Unluck: This one has a good sense of comedic timing and is pretty funny if you gel with its humor, you'll probably know if you'll like it or not after its first chapter.
    Mashle: Magic and Muscles: This first chapter was alright, more so about establishing the main character and their father before getting them to the main setting where its story will take place, so probably best to read more of the series to see how it goes.
    Guardian of the Witch: Another very promising series to keep an eye on, sets up its world and main leads to set them on their journey for the series, I'm very excited to see more.

• edited April 2020

• Not very excited for any upcoming videogames except TLOU 2, tbh.

Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 too, but I haven't been following the game's development at all since last year.

• Same here. I've got a nice backlog of games I'm interested to get through, but in terms of upcoming releases the only ones I care about enough to list off the top of my head are The Last of Us 2 in late May, and whenever the Stanley Parable Ultra Deluxe re-release is... (heh I just realised that acronym is SPUD)

Not very excited for any upcoming videogames except TLOU 2, tbh. Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 too, but I haven't been following the game's development at all since last year.

• I'm mostly excited to re3 remake, watch dogs legion, serious sam 4. I only want these this year nothing else lol.

• That feeling you get when you complete an essay with an introspective topic... oh yeah. Now I can relax and finally stop thinking about my personal problems.

• For some reason, I am not in mood for a lot of upcoming new games. The only games that I'm really excited are The Last of Us Part 2 and Resident Evil 3 Remake, those are the only games that I care for in this whole year.

I really wanna try Cyberpunk 2077 but I have a feeling that I would only play it once, complete it and never play it again anytime soon. I'm tired of first person shooters and open worlds. I don't want to buy games only because of their great reviews anymore. I just want to be myself and buy whatever I think I would REALLY enjoy.

I still haven't played Death Stranding because it became one of the most divisive games in gaming history, I'm not in the mood for having a personal opinion on that and I don't think I'll ever play it.

• edited February 2020

yep. just saw that posted to the telltale subreddit.
    Explained the situation of why this shouldn't be believed yet (maybe I was a bit too harsh), but the OP was fine with it. He's holding out hope, and tbh I've got a little bit too.

Telltale owning TFTB again?
    Something actually "new" from them this year? (Poker Night)
    More publicity that they're rebuilding themselves for the good?
    Yes. All of the above, please.

I think it's baloney right now, but it's a nice thing to think about.

booper posted: »

https://dailygamingreport.co.uk/latest-gaming-news/telltale-games-poker-night-3-tales-from-the-borderlands-2/ https://www.gamesradar.com/ta

• edited February 2020

Tales from the Borderlands 2 is in the works, according to prolific Telltale leaker

Can he be considered prolific if he's been wrong about pretty much everything he's posted about?

booper posted: »

https://dailygamingreport.co.uk/latest-gaming-news/telltale-games-poker-night-3-tales-from-the-borderlands-2/ https://www.gamesradar.com/ta

• Still waiting for the day @sarahsenpai makes her triumphant return to the forum😭

• @MetallicaRules Many a year later and I thought of you when I saw this trailer lol. You've most likely seen it already though

• Actually, no I haven’t. Granted I did see a lot of commercials and ads that also used Enter Sandman, but I’ve never been into the COD franchise, so I don’t watch the trailers and stuff.

Dex-Starr posted: »

@MetallicaRules Many a year later and I thought of you when I saw this trailer lol. You've most likely seen it already though

• Ah. "Sandman" by Metallica was in it, so I assumed you were all over it lol

Actually, no I haven’t. Granted I did see a lot of commercials and ads that also used Enter Sandman, but I’ve never been into the COD franchise, so I don’t watch the trailers and stuff.

• edited February 2020

Welcome back my dude, it’s been a while since I last saw you here.

Still waiting for the day @sarahsenpai makes her triumphant return to the forum😭

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited February 2020

It has, hasn't it? Lol. I mostly spend my online time on reddit and discord these days. I remembered Sarah Senpai and Metallica Rules and thought I'd stop by. How are you?

Welcome back my dude, it’s been a while since I last saw you here.

• Doing good, I’m assuming @Wonderboy209 is following the same path as you in this matter ?

Last time we talked you where at Alita community considering TTG circumstances.

It has, hasn't it? Lol. I mostly spend my online time on reddit and discord these days. I remembered Sarah Senpai and Metallica Rules and thought I'd stop by. How are you?

• Any previous affiliations with him have long been ceased. I'm not sure what path you're referring to lol.

Doing good, I’m assuming @Wonderboy209 is following the same path as you in this matter ? Last time we talked you where at Alita community considering TTG circumstances.

• He hasn’t been active on discord ever since, wonder how Taco and Kitty are doing though?

Any previous affiliations with him have long been ceased. I'm not sure what path you're referring to lol.

• Haven’t spoken to Kitty since I left. I asked you on discord if you were still in a server with them but you never responded lol.

He hasn’t been active on discord ever since, wonder how Taco and Kitty are doing though?

• The time expired, the server has been active as much since you left Taco,Kitty,Finn etc where the only people still active...but since @Wonderboy209 left and I can’t find the server I got the slights clue.

I’m assuming @Ghetsis probably knows about Tacos and Kittys whereabouts on the server.

Haven’t spoken to Kitty since I left. I asked you on discord if you were still in a server with them but you never responded lol.

• Unless his time on the server expired of course.

Haven’t spoken to Kitty since I left. I asked you on discord if you were still in a server with them but you never responded lol.

• Do you know her discord tag?

The time expired, the server has been active as much since you left Taco,Kitty,Finn etc where the only people still active...but since @Won

• No idea , I was knocked out for a while after burning 444 calories at the gym.

Do you know her discord tag?

• So I watched Birds of Prey and I liked it quite a bit. It's just a really fun and entertaining movie!

I enjoyed all the characters with the standouts probably being Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress, who is surprisingly hilarious as the character, and Ewan McGregor as Black Mask who is wonderfully over the top. Margo Robbie also does a great job at making Harley her own character, unlike whatever Suicide Squad was trying to do all those years ago. The action sequences featuring Harley in particular look great and are well choreographed. There aren't an insane amount of jump cuts which is great since you can actually tell what's going on, but there sure are a lot of slow mo shots. It's also pretty damn funny, especially in the latter half of the movie.

In terms of negatives, I'd say the story itself is pretty run of the mill, so the characters and their antics are what really make the movie, and there's quite a bit of setting up in the first half. Certain characters also aren't as fleshed out as others but it doesn't stop them from being pretty fun in general.

It's not trying to be super deep or anything like that. It just wants to be a fun movie to watch and I think it does a good job at it.

• Me: I’ve got so many games in my library I haven’t played yet, I should really get around to playing them.

Also me: starts playing Dishonored for the 15th instead of RDR2, Metro, Bioshock, or Bloodborne

• That makes 2 of us. I have Witcher 3, Metro Redux, Nier Automata, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Alan Wake, Crysis 2, Aliens vs Predator 2010 and Bioshock Collection, I played some of them but never got around to finish them.

Me: I’ve got so many games in my library I haven’t played yet, I should really get around to playing them. Also me: starts playing Dishonored for the 15th instead of RDR2, Metro, Bioshock, or Bloodborne

• I'm gonna explain this random shithead's TTG leaks that have recently come out.

tales from the Borderlands 2 is going to happen in the future (already planned to be Telltale’s next big game, but it will still be a few years until its revealed) Gearbox is working out a deal for Telltale to have season 1 back as we speak, AdHoc is on board for season 2

So, if Gearbox is working out a deal for new TTG to have season one back, why do they have the rights to a second season? The way you put it isn't how it works, my dude.

Poker Night 3 is going to happen, but it is not planned on being called Poker Night 3, overall early stages of development but not super early, it isn't planned on being that big of a game. Being made by Telltale and only Telltale, AdHoc has no involvement in Poker Night.

If it is not being referred to as 'Poker Night: 3', then why the fuck do you claim it to be a sequel to the second game?

The Telltale team is at a point where Wolf 2 is on “hold” as they have made a ton of assets for Wolf 2 and have all core mechanics working (dialogue trees) and have locations they know without a doubt will appear in Wolf 2 finished (things like Bigby's place, the Woodlands, Business Office, some New York Street settings.) However, now they have to wait for AdHoc to really start the story so they know what to actually start crafting gameplay and story-wise. In the meantime, they will work on PN3 which they hope to announce at E3 and release a few days later digitally. It is also around this time I would expect Tales from the Borderlands 1 to be announced to be returned to Telltale.

Super confused here, No story written, but characters, dialogue, maps/settings? And, if TFTB s2 is to happen, why would s1 not be returned to ttg?

Playing PN3 you will receive crossover items for Borderlands 3 and Fortnite. Characters are Bigby Wolf, Rhys&Fiona, Bruce Wayne, and Lee Everett. It was decided that all characters will be “Telltale” characters. Although Skybound is allowing rights for Lee to appear in PN3, they aren't giving Walking Dead back to Telltale. The game will use the Unreal Engine. The player can contribute to the conversation this time, but won't have an actual voice.

If these characters are under Telltale's IP, then why will there be Fortnite items? Telltale doesn't own any intellectual property that is under Epic Game's name at all.

• Man, (Kiss Of War) is so tempting.

• edited February 2020

Just to be devil's advocate here (for something that isn't likely to happen anyway)...

if Gearbox is working out a deal for new TTG to have season one back, why do they have the rights to a second season?

I assume that they're currently working out a plan to get rights for S1 back, and putting it back on digital store shelves (since Gearbox clearly doesn't care enough to do that). The leaker may have gotten word that Telltale's overarching plan is to get the rights for TFTB, then they'll be able to produce Season 2. S2 isn't being developed yet, but the plan is to start doing that once they have the rights.

If it is not being referred to as 'Poker Night: 3'

While it's most likely a follow-up or another entry in the PN series, my bet is that since the alledged game will only feature Telltale-brand characters, they might just call it "Telltale's Poker Night" or "Poker Night at Telltale" or something.
    Just a little thing to differentiate it from the other games with lots of third-party characters from out of the company's left field. (Valve, HomestarRunner, Gearbox).

Super confused here, No story written, but characters, dialogue, maps/settings?

They probably have developed the framework for the Dialogue System. They haven't made dialogue yet, just the parts to fill in the blank where dialogue prompts are supposed to go. (I know the old Telltale had a dedicated program for writing/organising dialogue prompts. This one is probably something made specifically for Unity.)
    As for the locations, um... I don't know. Maybe they've had small chat with AdHoc already and they know the most important bits their intended story will cover. Plus, there were quite a few iconic locations in Season 1 that kept getting revisited, so it's a given that they'll probably reappear again.
    It's probably just concept art, no real 3D Areas yet.

If these characters are under Telltale's IP, then why will there be Fortnite items? Telltale doesn't own any intellectual property that is under Epic Game's name at all.

The plan is probably to make a deal with Epic Games, where they'll take whatever money is offered, and in return their game will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for 1 year, and since Telltale's such (or was) a big name, they'll even make some promotional items in relation to their iconic properties for Fortnite.

But hey, that's just a theory... an irrelevant theory! Thanks for--This stuff is bologna.

• Finally started watching The Mandalorian (I’ve got a free year of Disney+ so I might as well use it I guess). I’ve only seen the first episode, but I like it so far. I’m surprised with the high budget this show has going for it, it’s clear that a lot of time, money, and effort went into making this, and I’m interested to see where it goes (and if Baby Yoda lives up to the hype).

• Idk why people are like this. It's fun to talk about future games, that's why we do it. But we don't lie to people.

I'm gonna explain this random shithead's TTG leaks that have recently come out. tales from the Borderlands 2 is going to happen in the

• they'll even make some promotional items in relation to their iconic properties for Fortnite.

Do you know what, TWAU Fortnite Skins might just offer the big popularity boost that TWAU 2 needs.

AChicken posted: »

Just to be devil's advocate here (for something that isn't likely to happen anyway)... if Gearbox is working out a deal for new TTG to

• He is claiming that these aren't speculation, they're saying that this is coming from an inside source at Telltale and this is some 'Accurate Information'... Don't really know how I'm crushing your TTG dreams, or why you're upset for that matter.

Ghetsis posted: »

Idk why people are like this. It's fun to talk about future games, that's why we do it. But we don't lie to people.

• I assume that they're currently working out a plan to get rights for S1 back, and putting it back on digital store shelves (since Gearbox clearly doesn't care enough to do that). The leaker may have gotten word that Telltale's overarching plan is to get the rights for TFTB, then they'll be able to produce Season 2. S2 isn't being developed yet, but the plan is to start doing that once they have the rights.

Geez, telltale. That's some shitty planning, what if they say no? lol

While it's most likely a follow-up or another entry in the PN series, my bet is that since the alleged game will only feature Telltale-brand characters, they might just call it "Telltale's Poker Night" or "Poker Night at Telltale" or something.

Just a little thing to differentiate it from the other games with lots of third-party characters from out of the company's left field. (Valve, HomestarRunner, Gearbox).

I didn't see that at first, but this seems to be likely. But, take it with a grain of salt... Ooooh, and these titles you've made have given me some ideas!

They probably have developed the framework for the Dialogue System. They haven't made dialogue yet, just the parts to fill in the blank where dialogue prompts are supposed to go. (I know the old Telltale had a dedicated program for writing/organizing dialogue prompts. This one is probably something made specifically for Unity.)

As for the locations, um... I don't know. Maybe they've had small chat with AdHoc already and they know the most important bits their intended story will cover. Plus, there were quite a few iconic locations in Season 1 that kept getting revisited, so it's a given that they'll probably reappear again.
    It's probably just concept art, no real 3D Areas yet.

I think it'll be like when the New TTG engine was announced. (In the middle of MCSM s1 and the beginning of production on Batman) This will be confusing at first, and then after two games, we'll know their work ethic. It always happens, sadly. But, quite frankly, It'll be fun to see how Telltale will look in the UI engine.

The plan is probably to make a deal with Epic Games, where they'll take whatever money is offered, and in return, their game will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store for 1 year, and since Telltale's such (or was) a big name, they'll even make some promotional items in relation to their iconic properties for Fortnite.

I guess this makes sense, they also could put TFTB and MCSM back on the market. But on the Epic Games Store for free for a limited time, as they did with TWAU.

But hey, that's just a theory... an irrelevant theory! Thanks for--This stuff is bologna.

AChicken posted: »

Just to be devil's advocate here (for something that isn't likely to happen anyway)... if Gearbox is working out a deal for new TTG to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.