So Mira... (heavy spoilers)

Comments

• In the end?
    In the very very very end?

Marry. Mira is far more useful alive than dead. You can kill the snake, betray him, ruin him, or use him against Whitehills. So much potential.

• The snake can also interfere and fuck up everything for the Forresters.

Myusha posted: »

In the end? In the very very very end? Marry. Mira is far more useful alive than dead. You can kill the snake, betray him, ruin him, or use him against Whitehills. So much potential.

• See I would have married Morgryn, but I was expecting all the way to the end that somebody was gonna come and help me, because I sold out Sera (yeah, I mainly used people in King's Landing) and hoped Margaery would come in and help; or I was expecting Cersei to come and help because I basically more or less every time said boldly what I do and why and respected her, which she liked about me. I also believed Morgryn was just bullshitting me, that he was worried because just before I went to jail, I said I have powerful allies, one being Cersei, and the look he gave was like he just shit himself, that's why he gave me this random choice, because he knew he would be in deep shit. Thus, I thought I wouldn't need to worry, somebody would surely come, right? It wasn't until I put my head down that I was like "oh, okay."

FlyingPony posted: »

The painful thing is, if Mira is determinant, she won't have an important role in Season 2. Her fate, if she survives ofc, consists in her b

• I honestly thought I was going to get a chance to brain him with that torch I pulled off the wall as soon as his back was turned. No dice.

TheJack posted: »

I married him hoping to get a choice to betray him at some point (seemed a smart choice when i played, feels kinda dumb now)

• She's probably the character I identify the most with, and I don't often for female characters. That's mostly because through all the choices you get with her, you can model her after yourself, whereas other characters you can only stir in one direction or another.

In that she's the Lee of TT's GoT. I modeled her being brave, intelligent, loyal until having literally no other choice but dying. In King's Landing, she played the game of thrones; when she was in the car with Morgryn, I wanted for her to propose to him. I felt for the get-go that it was the only way for her to survive. I led the conversation toward that, telling him how important the Forresters were, and when he came into the cell, I knew what he wanted, so I agreed as fast as possible. She's stronger than him, she can manipulate him on the long run. She's no Sansa the cry-baby. She also made allies; Sera will be her ally for life, Margeary realized in the prologue how brave she was and admired her.

Her mission was to get help for her family; she got a husband with power, and prevented Andros from completing his mission in King's Landing. She also would have succeded in her mission without the Tyrion incident.

I think you people thinking she's not important may not have followed the GoT stories enough; women are incredibly important in this universe (compared to other fictional stories). Women like Cersei or Danny were in the position Mira's in: a woman betrothed to someone against her will. And they rose to incredible power. Mira could kill him at any time she'd want. I guess we all have different reasons to love the GoT universe, but for me it is the plotting, negociations, secrets and betrayals, and Mira was the guarantee to have that every time we played her, and the promise to have more in S2 !

• Sera promised she'd send that invitation... if you kept the marriage intact of course.

Abeille posted: »

I told her to stand tall, but then went and married Morgryn anyway. I also think Mira would be able to escape, especially since he told h

• I also don't see a good reason for it. but in my understanding. Varys and Little finger need to know everything that happens, that's their job. even if the information isn't crucial, it is still information.

that could be a theory, but i don't see why little finger or varys would have interest on a small house from the north that technically is about to fall down

• He's going to do that anyway alive or dead. Yeah you risk more if he's alive, but as much as you'd hate/abhor them your house lives on in some fashion with them holding your name.

Kourbiser posted: »

The snake can also interfere and fuck up everything for the Forresters.

• edited November 2015

Y'know, if someone like Sansa can escape someone like Ramsay, I'm sure Mira,who's FAR more cunning, will figure out a way to escape some unremarkable little lord with a villain complex... eventually.

• YellowsnoYellowsno Banned
    edited November 2015

I married Morgryn so if shit hit the fan on Asher's side (which it did) the Whitehills would have no claim on the throne. And Morgryn said he wouldn't actually literally lock me up if I was just decent so I thought there could be worse situations. Then it came down to selling out Tom, it was funny how I made the choice completely forgetting that I would be damning him. I figured that we would be executed alongside each other if I chose to reject Morgryn so I figured at least one of us should make it out of this, and Tom inevitably made me feel like shit. I was such an asshole in this episode.

• Tom wasn't getting information, he was protecting Mira. Someone wanted her alive, that's why I killed her, I expected someone to turn up and save her!

I also don't see a good reason for it. but in my understanding. Varys and Little finger need to know everything that happens, that's their job. even if the information isn't crucial, it is still information.

• I thought the same, someone wanted me alive, otherwise Tom wouldn't be there.

ZillionJape posted: »

See I would have married Morgryn, but I was expecting all the way to the end that somebody was gonna come and help me, because I sold out Se

• I used Sera to get what I want. (help for Forresterand surving this shit). She said she will have my head or something. and when I was about to get executed she threw a fu**ing fruit or vegetable at me

Tom is the worst bodyguard ever. He let me die when he was right there watching me about to get beheaded :P Oh and thanks Sera, just gonna stand there too? Fine. Mira don't need yall phony sons of beaches. Iron from ice motherfucka!

• omg same. I never expected her to die. I was sure someone would help me. Especially after having a conersation with Margaery again.

ZillionJape posted: »

See I would have married Morgryn, but I was expecting all the way to the end that somebody was gonna come and help me, because I sold out Se

• I choose honor and died with dignity. My general story was that at begining i tried to push as much as can from Mira, and possibly achieve something for my house, but then nothing of it worked and alwas ended worse. So switched to being more or less loyal to friends, what else can do?

Generally i have a progression of style, from "do whatever i can to win" to "be loyal and honorable".

But now... i think that accepting marriage could be better. Since Mira is a nice girl, and i wish to play some more, even as Morgryn prisoner. Live to fight another day.

• edited November 2015

Mira was not going to live a Lannister.

She was going to die like a Stark.

Besides, the game made it very clear that living was a cowardly choice which would be used against your family.

Mogryn rejected any offer to work against Ludd.

So [censored] him.

• I saved her. Planning to stab Morgryn in the back (figuratively that is) and do some puppeteering as he's essentially forced to keep me alive :) Besides the coal boy could have easily just been working for the enemy all along. We still don't know who he works for, the employer could have orchestrated the whole thing in the gardens and then "saved" us through coal boy so we trusted him. They're all trying to trick me, but I won't fall for it!

• That was my take. It was my conversation with the woman in the cell that convinced my Mira to accept the offer. That, and she realized that nobody else was coming for her. Looking at it from her perspective, she didn't want to die and the Coal Boy was probably dead either way. So, might as well take the best offer available.

I also saw some parallels between her situation and that of her mother and her mother's family.

When you doesnt count that my Mira is survivalist, it is better to live and wait for right time to strike. She can still scheam againt Morgy

• I started to, but then realized that I didn't believe that so told the woman to do whatever you can to survive.

This was the best (and worst ) decision. First i gave this woman a speech about how her son could be proud of her should she choose to live

• edited November 2015

I saved Mira, but boy did I feel like absolute **** after basically killing Tom. Him saying "this isn't right" almost tore my heart out. Sure, we don't know what Tom's or his employer's motives were, but still...

I was definitely a d*** in this episode with Mira. Betrayed Sera and Tom. All along, I thought Sera was Cersei's spy, but it seems like I was wrong.

• Morgryn, in his infinite stupidity, gave Mira a new hand to play when she had played out her previous one. Once a suitable heir is born, his usefullness to Mira ends and he is going to be introduced to the concept of a 'black widow' and why you really, really shouldn't make an enemy of the person you share a bed with.

• Never be sure. Game of Thrones is far from premise "good acts will be rewarded" i would dare to say it is quite opposite. So the "best" solution to have things done is to sacrifise your friend, marry biggest snake in town, and possibly poison your guest at the dinner table. Just a normal day in Westeros.

Mira was not going to live a Lannister. She was going to die like a Stark. Besides, the game made it very clear that living was a cowa

• Accepted, really didn't want Mira to die and I thought it'd be possible for her to escape or kill him discretely in the future.

• Agree. Iron from ice!

Mira was not going to live a Lannister. She was going to die like a Stark. Besides, the game made it very clear that living was a cowa

• As much as Ice Dragon was a good episode with Asher/Rodrik's and Gared's story, it made Mira's meaningless. I got Sera fired and Tom killed and made want to hate myself for what I did. As much as I hated doing that I got so angry how stupid it was of Morgryn to suddenly turn into a predictable Littlefinger. The reason I got these two married is because I believe Mira can still get his trust during marriage and backstab him. There is all kinds of opportunities for her through marriage, she is a smart one. Heck, I bet his child/ren might hate him if their mother turns them against him or the see what kind of a piece of shit he is. At least I gave him the black eye if nothing else.

• For a moment I also thought it would happen! :(

PigeonPie posted: »

Tom wasn't getting information, he was protecting Mira. Someone wanted her alive, that's why I killed her, I expected someone to turn up and save her!

• Eh, the Lannisters end up screwed either way. Part of the Game of Thrones point is that there's no way to win it. Not really. It always reverses itself.

evilcat posted: »

Never be sure. Game of Thrones is far from premise "good acts will be rewarded" i would dare to say it is quite opposite. So the "best" solu

• I chose to save Mira in the end by marrying the dashing Lord Morgryn. I justify that easily because in my playthrough I didn't kill the Lannister guard, I ran away and Tom somehow managed to kill him. So if someone has to die, it should be Tom. He did kill the guy. Also, Tom wasn't helping Mira out of the goodness of his heart. He was being paid by some unknown patron. That makes his sacrifice less heroic and more the result of his dangerous choice of work. And as far as having to marry Morgryn, well I think there are plenty of ways out of that. In fact, immediately after Tom is executed Mira is off the hook for the crime, thus clearing her name. Mira can change her mind and run back to Margery if she wants. Or she can play it safe and head back to Ironrath with Morgryn where I'm sure her brother would be happy to kill him for her. Heck, in the carriage Mira put up quite the fight. I bet she could kill this guy on her own.

• I chose to marry Morgryn, choosing not to marry Morgryn might be worse, if Mira said not to marry him to have some pride, Morgryn may still be able to pursue House Forrester with gold, if Mira is dead, no one can stop him. However, if Mira is still alive, she may still be able to back-stab Morgryn in some way, so she can still think of a plan to save the House. Besides, I won't trade my life for the coal boy, in one of my playthroughs, I asked him who was he working for, he said he couldn't tell me, which indicates he was up to something, with this I don't trust him, so I had to kill him to get rid of this problem. If I am dead, perhaps there will be 2 problems instead of 1, Tom and Morgryn will bring danger to the House. So in long term, keeping Mira alive would be a more reasonable choice.

• I chose to live to fight another day. I'm sorry about Tom but he knew what he signed up for.

• edited November 2015

I also went with the decision to live and fight another day. It just seems like there is ample opportunity to foil Morgryns plan of Lordship simply by telling...well...just about anyone.
    We know the Forresters aren't extinct. And none of them will stand for it

However, with the ridiculous railroading Telltale has done in this game, I would not be surprised if Mira would just suddenly give up completely and become a meek slave to Morgryn, harming the house more than she would have dead. And we will not be able to do anything about it

• My Mira is dead. I considered at first to marry Morgryn, but when he mentioned to throw Tom to the wolves I said no. I think a big part of my decision was based on integrity because of what I told the other woman in the opposite cell - it's important to give the people you leave behind a proud tale to tell about you. Iron from Ice!

• I chose to let Mira die with honor. Not because I felt bad about Tom dying (I would have. Trust me.) but because I believe letting her live will lead to nothing as far as the story progressing knowing Telltale. Telltale did this to write Mira off and end her story, so in a dramatic sense, her story dies either way. What I get from the people who married her off is that they're hanging on to the hope that she will end up killing Morgryn or her brother will come to her rescue. I highly doubt that Telltale will go this route especially after seeing Mira's death (AKA, not TWD S1 Kenny situation.) For them to write an in-depth storyline for her while she's dead for other players isn't "realistic" on their part. So I chose to end her story with honor rather than loose ends and questions.

• His employer was probably Varys, but Telltale probably couldn't get Hill to do voice acting. I was amazed that they go so many actors as is.

RKOLegend1 posted: »

I saved Mira, but boy did I feel like absolute **** after basically killing Tom. Him saying "this isn't right" almost tore my heart out. Sur

• Well they are under contract from HBO. They can't say no to the voice acting.

Baramos posted: »

His employer was probably Varys, but Telltale probably couldn't get Hill to do voice acting. I was amazed that they go so many actors as is.

• Morgryn was one of my favorite characters in the game until he betrayed me. Fucking bastard.

Abeille posted: »

Saved her. First, because Morgryn is my absolute favourite character in the entire series, so I would do anything for more interactions with

• I didnt want to live as a subservient wife to that beast Morgryn, who indicated that he might have Mira locked up if she didnt be his baby machine. Then to have to give my family's legacy to him. No way. Also, I couldnt betray Tom when all he ever did was stick his neck out for her.

• To be honest, I did it only for Mira's survival.

Note, I did not pay attention that well and I did not realize Tom would be killed, otherwise I would of let Mira die.

• edited January 2016

It's just a game (some people seem to forget that), so I went ahead and let her die with dignity. House Forrester was already falling apart and I hadn't helped my family much the entire game because I wanted to keep Mira safe. I wasn't about to let Mira lose her freedom (and her ability to speak) to that sick bastard, especially after everything he'd planned against her, and I assumed her story was a lost cause anyways because she was made determinant. I sure as hell took Sera down before I went, though. Bitch had it coming.

• Unless she drank moon tea first. Mira would be crafty enough to do it.

BillAm posted: »

I didn't want Mira to end up like Sansa did with Joffery or Ramsey. I figured if she chose that she will create an heir that would have a le

Sign in to comment in this discussion.