TWD Season 3 at E3 2016 - Discuss News, Interviews, Articles, major reveals about the game here

OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
edited June 2016 in The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead - The Telltale Series

Discuss news and updates from E3 2016 here

Hey guys! Similar to typical waiting threads or pre-Season news threads, this thread will be used for sharing news and updates from E3 2016 about The Walking Dead Season 3 that we find online. You guys are free to discuss any news articles/etc, or you can also just let your hype out here. Additionally, you guys can also help by posting articles/etc that we miss, and we can add them to this main post.

For larger updates with significant new information, feel free to make an additional new thread to discuss it. However, for smaller updates such as online impression articles that don't say a whole lot of new information, please stick to discussing the article here in this thread.

For more news updates outside of E3 2016, follow our Season 3 General Waiting Thread

View Page 1 of this thread for the Art Gallery and Video Interviews/Articles

Summary of bigger news updates from E3:

Throughout the week of E3, we will try to update this section of the thread with quick bullet points of larger announcements such as the game's final title, any potential new features, etc. Check back often!

• Telltale hints that they are aiming to have all Batman episodes released this year (hinting at monthly episode releases, which could very likely carry over to Season 3 having monthly episodes too...)

• Two Playable Protagonists; presumably Clem and Javier (new character)

• Telltale shows Reveal Trailer for Season 3 at IGN, with footage of upgraded Telltale engine

• "Clem has also been through a lot since we left her at the end of Season Two... and depending on the paths players may have taken with her in the past, she may or may not be exactly the same person we knew back then. "

• Parts of Clementine's well being, appearance, and the possibility of missing one of her fingers will be determinant upon your previous choices (presumably your Season 2 ending in particular)

News:

June 12th

June 11th

June 10th

June 9th

June 8th

Comments

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2016

Art Gallery

Teaser Trailer:

enter link description here

Screenshots:

enter image description here

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

IGN have updated their schedule.

http://ign.com/events/e3

• This Sunday is gonna be awesome. I can't wait to see the art style for Season 3 as they teased it being a fairly large update.

• true that, i wonder what they'll show.

This Sunday is gonna be awesome. I can't wait to see the art style for Season 3 as they teased it being a fairly large update.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's going to be exciting :D

Job mentioned about the art style in the season 3 waiting thread so i'm really interested in seeing what it's going to look like.

The art team has also been working overtime, and while we aren't going to be drastically overhauling anything and suddenly be shooting for hyper-photo realism... they've definitely upped the ante on details for a style that leans even further into a non-photo realistic, living comic book approach that you'll see in both The Walking Dead AND our upcoming BATMAN project.

Full comment.

This Sunday is gonna be awesome. I can't wait to see the art style for Season 3 as they teased it being a fairly large update.

• And the 3:20 tba is BMAN!

OzzyUK posted: »

IGN have updated their schedule. http://ign.com/events/e3

• Nah Batman is being shown Sunday morning. I think Telltale will be posting a trailer for Batman on their youtube channel.

AdamRoberts posted: »

And the 3:20 tba is BMAN!

• Yeah, sorry. Got carried away. Seriously very xcited for e3. It is getting bigger year after year for ttg

Batman will be before The Walking Dead. * Tweet from Job: All set. Get your first look at 'BATMAN - The Telltale Series' this Sunday morning, before the new @.TheWalkingDead reveal at 3pm PT #E32016

• edited June 2016

Why does it have to be at midnight in my timezone aghh

• I hope you put the 0.5 seconds you saved by typing xcited instead of excited to good use.

AdamRoberts posted: »

Yeah, sorry. Got carried away. Seriously very xcited for e3. It is getting bigger year after year for ttg

• Will bre 10pm for me, a long day of waiting tomorrow

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

• Yeah, same. But it's not as bad as Bethesda conference, which is at 4 am for me. :D

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

• Looking forward to the news I guess, its still a fair bit away till the fall to get that excited

• I'm pretty excited, even though it won't be much.

• Tomorrow? Oh wait, it's at 6 PM in my time.... the wait is strong in the Eastern Time Zone ;(

• edited June 2016

Its that time once more.

• Holy eff!
    3am in my country :'( :'(
    Booohooo

• edited June 2016

TL;DR: Wait, what?

What? "The Walking Dead Reveal" will be taking place at "11:00p." Does that "p" stand for "Pacific Time?" Y U change your schelule, IGN!

Edit: "All times BST." Bullshit time.

Edit: So that'll be 6 pm for me. Never mind this post?

IGN have updated their schedule. http://ign.com/events/e3

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

BST=British Summer Time, IGN automatically displays the time zone for the UK and possibly other countries too.

TL;DR: Wait, what? What? "The Walking Dead Reveal" will be taking place at "11:00p." Does that "p" stand for "Pacific Time?" Y U change y

• Never mind this post?

Just kidding. Please take my apology if I offended you with "bullshit time." I was confused about what time that'd be for me, but it turned out to be 6 pm.

That's only half an hour earlier that previously said, right?

Do time-zones include time-warping, again?

BST=British Summer Time, IGN automatically displays the time zone for the UK and possibly other countries too.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It didn't offend me, i was just pointing out what the acronym stood for :)

11 PM BST is 3 PM PDT which is what they announced it at so there have been no changes that i am aware of.

Never mind this post? Just kidding. Please take my apology if I offended you with "bullshit time." I was confused about what time th

• Midnight for me.

Yeah, no. I'm not a night creeper :P So it's technically Monday for me.

• yeah same

Crips posted: »

Midnight for me. Yeah, no. I'm not a night creeper :P So it's technically Monday for me.

• That gif should end with her saying "I am going to kill you Lee!!!"

Its that time once more.

• 1 am for me.

But It's THE WALKING DEAD and SEASON 3 + CLEMENTINE = no sleep

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2016

24 hours to go!

[EDIT: I was wrong by a few hours, but we're still super close!]

• I decided to temporarily close the Season 3 Waiting Thread so all E3 discussion can go in one place [this thread] and be more organized.

• 25 :Р

24 hours to go! [EDIT: I was wrong by a few hours, but we're still super close!]

• Woops, you are correct - I was thinking in the wrong timezone!

Karnedg2013 posted: »

25 :Р

• 24 hours left :D

• Just a reminder - we usually don't do this for waiting threads, but for E3 2016 - feel free to make your own additional threads to discuss major/significant announcements. For smaller announcements/interviews/impression articles/etc, please keep discussion here.

If you aren't sure whether or not the announcement is a big one that warrants its own thread, we can just merge your thread here.

• Now there are exactly 24 hours left for the reveal and until then, I'm not going anywhere.

• The announcement isn't gonna be made until 4:00 my time. Stupid time zones...

• I am interested in Bethesdas E3 show too so I will sleep and just watch it all on monday. Enjoying Game of Thrones season 6 episode 8 and E3 on the same day. Hate to stay awake so long. Its not like I can get spoiled about anything big. :D

• Monday 10am... I'll be at school ;-;

This discussion has been closed.