Guardians of the Galaxy - The Telltale Series announced [Update Mar 9th: First Screenshots Revealed]

Comments

• kessjrausekessjrause Former Telltale Staff

SO HYPED.

Poogers555 posted: »

Also, Whos hyped for some sick 70's songs?!

• Because sadly it got leaked a few weeks ago.

How did like half of the community predict this?

• edited December 2016

Reporter: What are your thoughts on this new Telltale game just announced?
    Groot: I am Groot
    Reporter: Yes yes. So did they contact you yet about reprising your voice talents to the character Groot?
    Groot: I am Groot
    Reporter: This is so exciting, are the rest of the Guardians going to be recasted?
    Groot: We are Groot.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Though honestly, I'm just going to play it for Groot and the Racoon, they made the movie. =D

• I knew they were gonna do Guardians. Which is not a bad thing, but it's still a missed opportunity for some of the lesser loved Marvel heroes who could have fit in with Telltale's general theme throughout games.

• Part of me almost thinks they went with Guardians because they had so much fun with Tales from the Borderlands and wanted to do another comedy/sci fi/action adventure story which isn't a bad thing, but I fear that they'll just end up recycling the same assets that made Tales a unique and fun experience.

I knew they were gonna do Guardians. Which is not a bad thing, but it's still a missed opportunity for some of the lesser loved Marvel heroes who could have fit in with Telltale's general theme throughout games.

• I certainly did not expect this one! I am actually excited for it. I feel that this one is going to resemble Tales from the Borderlands with its humor.

And we can travel the Galaxy! Wooooo! :D

• I'm very excited to play this. Drax is not someone to mess with lol, in all seriousness, Star Lord is full of humour and action. I'm excited for this I love TT

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This looks exciting, i have only seen part of the movie when it was on TV so i'm going to have to watch the whole thing to get an idea of what the universe is like.

• Yiss, it's official!

enter image description here

Can't wait!

• Nice to see it finally confirmed! Would have preferred Daredevil but hey ho, there might be more games from them. Also is it known whether this is an MCU based game or not? Because the former would be far more limited in terms of what they could actually use, since Marvel is probably going to want to save just about everything 'in case we need it for the movies'.

And continuing my campaign to see Erin Yvette as Kitty Pryde! Bring on the Starkitty love, Telltale!

• WHAT?! LET ME PLAY AS ROCKET

• I'm gonna be that person...

Jk, I don't really mind. I'm kinda skeptical but I'll certainly try this out. Don't know anything bout the universe, gotta watch the movie at least.

• Please Telltale...I just want Borderlands season 2...

• Y'know, this could be pretty similar to TFTB, and I'm okay with that. But for those who aren't: In Guardians we'll have a lot more space scenes and maybe inter-planetary travel. The borderlands Universe is restricted to Pandora and Helios at the moment, whereas Guardians of the Galaxy have a whole galaxy to explore. We'll have a much bigger repertoire of locations, so that should differentiate this from Tales.

• What are everyone's thoughts on this? <3

• But now I feel the need to tell them how wrong they are. XD

Youtube comments are always like that, ignore them.

• I am weirdly excited for this. I know so little about GOTG. Maybe hype is contagious?

• Resist the urge or you'll fall down the same hole that I have, and it only leads to getting into arguments with 8 year old children.

AgentZ46 posted: »

But now I feel the need to tell them how wrong they are. XD

• Ok ,im gonna go into this one the same way i did with batman, play with an open mind but something in the back of my head telling me it will be shit.

• enter image description here

Resist the urge or you'll fall down the same hole that I have, and it only leads to getting into arguments with 8 year old children.

• I'm mostly joking, I try to avoid argumentson YouTube.

Resist the urge or you'll fall down the same hole that I have, and it only leads to getting into arguments with 8 year old children.

• edited December 2016

The real problem is that assuming that they're going with MCU, or even a comic based game without access to X-Men and Fantastic Four comic elements because Ike Perlmutter (Marvel Comics' elusive CEO) will have a hissy fit if they do, they're going to seriously limited what they can include. No Skrulls, because FF licence. No Brood, because X-Men licence. No Sh'iar, because X-men licence. No Dire Wraiths or Rom because not owned by Marvel anymore. No Annihilation Wave, No Galactus, no Silver Surfer because all FF licence. Even Ego the Living Planet for GOTG 2 had to be bought from Fox in exchange for major changes to Negasonic Teenage Warhead in Deadpool, because Fox ironically owns just about every major space related group outside the Kree and Nova Corps, yet no interest in doing anything with them.

• I'm happy that this rumor turned out to be true. :) I'm so hyped for this game. <3

• The song alone won me over, I love that song. I'm looking forward to this!

• I don't really know or care much about GOTG, so I think I might pass.

• Out of interest when are we likely to get a specific Marvel/GOTG section in the forums, cause I've been wanting one for agessssssssssss so I can talk with my Marvel Bros and wait for the first Marvel Console game in absolute ages.

• Batman's community came out zooming fast If I remember correctly, and if the rumors are true the game should be out early spring, so I think we can expect one early next year or after Batman.

Out of interest when are we likely to get a specific Marvel/GOTG section in the forums, cause I've been wanting one for agessssssssssss so I can talk with my Marvel Bros and wait for the first Marvel Console game in absolute ages.

• It varies. Like, when Borderlands and Thrones were announced, Borderlands got a forum right away whereas Game of Thrones got a forum later that February. I guess it just depends for politics behind the scenes with stuff like licensing or whatever else?

Batman's community came out zooming fast If I remember correctly, and if the rumors are true the game should be out early spring, so I think we can expect one early next year or after Batman.

• I don't know much about GOTG and I'm not so interested on the game, but still, I'll absolutely try it

• I know I've said that Batman would be my substitute for TFTB S2 (because same voice actors), but this, oh boi, am I excited or what!

Starlord = Rhys (he wishes)
    Gamora = Fiona
    Drax = Vaughn (upper body muscles)
    Groot = Loader Bot (why not)
    Rocket Raccoon = Gortys and Sasha (it's the perfect mix, they're both smol, Rocket is almost as adorable as Gortys, and he's a gun toting character that doesn't take any shit, like Sasha)

sorry just needed to get this out of me

• I hope they use this song

Could fit really well in an intro segment.

• First new series in a while I actually know something about so slightly excited I guess

• Couldn't have put it better myself :(

will00020 posted: »

Please Telltale...I just want Borderlands season 2...

• So hard to hold back the tears :(

AChicken posted: »

Let the magic continue...

• Does Fox really have the rights to the Skrulls? I feel like they would have used them by now.

The real problem is that assuming that they're going with MCU, or even a comic based game without access to X-Men and Fantastic Four comic e

• It's really good. If you love Spider-Man's personality and humor, I really urge you to check it out. It's amazing.

I don't really know or care much about GOTG, so I think I might pass.

• Well, the only familiarity I have with GotG is a guest star appearance of them on Avengers EMH, and I've seen the movie.

But other than that, I dunno much.

I'll consider buying it.

It's really good. If you love Spider-Man's personality and humor, I really urge you to check it out. It's amazing.

• No Kitty Pryde also.

The real problem is that assuming that they're going with MCU, or even a comic based game without access to X-Men and Fantastic Four comic e

This discussion has been closed.