Guardians of the Galaxy - The Telltale Series announced [Update Mar 9th: First Screenshots Revealed]

1234568»

Comments

• It certainly looks promising and I'm pretty excited to see whats in store. Although some of the models/graphics don't look so good.

• Crowdplay ep1 so soon? I'm calling it now, APRIL PREMIER!

• Who did Scott voice in wd?

• Luke, in Season 2.

AdamRoberts posted: »

Who did Scott voice in wd?

• Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme!

OzzyUK posted: »

First screenshots. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/839916903564922881

• Scott's voice really suits guys that are just likeable so it fits. I'm excited!

I think Scott has a warm voice, very likable. Also I think his role as Luke, who is also reckless, can suit a dashing Star-Lord.

• Gamora looks so freaking cool! I needed this pick me up. Seriously I'm so happy and hyped!

• hopefully we'll get a trailer for some footage of the game! i think theres a crowdplay going on for people at the event for guardians of the galaxy tomorrow.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Gamora looks so freaking cool! I needed this pick me up. Seriously I'm so happy and hyped!

• edited March 2017

The crowd play is on March 17th at SXSW

Chibikid posted: »

hopefully we'll get a trailer for some footage of the game! i think theres a crowdplay going on for people at the event for guardians of the galaxy tomorrow.

• It sounds like the game is coming sooner than later, so I think another mod will get the Episode 1 Waiting thread for Guardians up sometime in the next few days.

• WHOAAAA!!!

OzzyUK posted: »

First screenshots. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/839916903564922881

• edited March 2017

Sweeeeet....

EDIT: Wait, Scott Porter? yay.
    Wait, Nolan North? yay, though I would have preferred Chris Hardwick as others have said.
    WAIT.... Adam Harrington? OMG. YAY. TO. THE. MAX.

Pipas posted: »

Cast was revealed in the IGN article Telltale also announced the voice cast for the entire Guardians team — Friday Night Lights star S

• Lol am I like the only one who likes the models? I seriously don't see the comparisons to Back to the Future. They're pretty well detailed and the textures look like the best Telltale has put out so far.

The designs are pretty close to the comics, especially Gamora (she looks like she was ripped straight from the comic) and Drax. The others look like a nice mix between the movies and comics.

• I enjoy the fact that the models doesn't look like comic book. It feels refreshing.

lupinb0y posted: »

Lol am I like the only one who likes the models? I seriously don't see the comparisons to Back to the Future. They're pretty well detailed a

• edited March 2017

enter image description here

enter image description here

Its just as smooth...? I dunno, it looks great, but I guess I got shit standards pff. They still got a style going, and didn't attempt to go realistic, so I'm happy.

ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵘᵗᵘʳᵉ ˢᵗᶦᶫᶫ ᶫᵒᵒᵏˢ ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ ˢᵒ ᴵ ᵈᵘᶰᶰᵒ

Lol am I like the only one who likes the models? I seriously don't see the comparisons to Back to the Future. They're pretty well detailed a

• Can you imagine if they actually took the comic designs for Groot and Rocket? Especially considering how horribly inconsistent they are with the designs. Every artist draws them completely different. I fuckin' LOVE what we have now compared to some of the designs they had in the past/now.

I enjoy the fact that the models doesn't look like comic book. It feels refreshing.

• I still don't see it at all. BttF has a very obviously cartoony art style compared to the Guardians who have more "realistic" proportions.

Also I too like the visuals for Back to the Future :p

Its just as smooth...? I dunno, it looks great, but I guess I got shit standards pff. They still got a style going, and didn't attempt to go realistic, so I'm happy. ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵘᵗᵘʳᵉ ˢᵗᶦᶫᶫ ᶫᵒᵒᵏˢ ᵍʳᵉᵃᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ ˢᵒ ᴵ ᵈᵘᶰᶰᵒ

• Definitely prefer how they look in game then. :D

Can you imagine if they actually took the comic designs for Groot and Rocket? Especially considering how horribly inconsistent they are with

• I think Adam probably have the easiest job. :D

Unless Groot knows more words this game.

• To really stick it to the fans they have him utter those words using the Bigby voice...just to tease us :(

I think Adam probably have the easiest job. Unless Groot knows more words this game.

• SCOTT PORTER IS GONNA BE THE GOD DANG STAR LORD!?!?!?

Telltale stop using his voice in stuff, all I hear is LUKE! And then I wanna buy it because it sounds like Luke! Shut up and stop taking my money Porter! T_T I swear if there's a ice lake in this too somebody is going to die!

Why do you break my will!? MY WIIIIILL!

• A real nice interview got released about Guardians

https://news.marvel.com/games/61269/telling-tales-marvels-guardians-galaxy/

It might spoil some details that will be talked about today, so go in with caution if you want to wait.

• Star Lord is going to fall on a lake. I guarantee it.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

SCOTT PORTER IS GONNA BE THE GOD DANG STAR LORD!?!?!? Telltale stop using his voice in stuff, all I hear is LUKE! And then I wanna buy it

• So was there no release date confirmed by telltale?

• Correct; they did not confirm any release date for Guardians yet. However, given that they are doing an early crowd play in a few weeks, I suspect the series premieres sooner than later.

So was there no release date confirmed by telltale?

• Spring. They will be playing through an early version of episode 1 with an audience next week though, so while its finished its not exactly done, but It seems like they really want to aim for when the movie releases, which is in early May.

So was there no release date confirmed by telltale?

• I'm really hoping we get a trailer or some footage shown other than the group play coming up. I'm pretty excited for this and i can't wait to see how telltale molds it into they're own story format.

• I don't know anything about this universe but I'm sure it won't stop me from enjoying the game. Really hyped! :)

• Friday Night Lights star Scott Porter will voice Star-Lord

I hope we get another ice lakes joke like in Minecraft.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor actress Emily O'Brien will star as Gamora

They had me at Shadow of Mordor.

Uncharted actor Nolan North will portray Rocket

I'm already imaging his voice on Rocket---it's perfect.

The Wolf Among Us' Adam Harrington will lend Groot his signature dialogue.

Amazing.

Pipas posted: »

Cast was revealed in the IGN article Telltale also announced the voice cast for the entire Guardians team — Friday Night Lights star S

• I can't stop thinking about how kickass the songs and intros are gonna be in this! "Dancing in the Moonlight" was such a PERFECT choice, but goddamn I wish they saved it for an actual episode.

• Didn't Job say, that they're showing the entire game to an audience, even though, they're not yet finished?

Spring. They will be playing through an early version of episode 1 with an audience next week though, so while its finished its not exactly done, but It seems like they really want to aim for when the movie releases, which is in early May.

• I think he meant the first episode.

GSSalvador posted: »

Didn't Job say, that they're showing the entire game to an audience, even though, they're not yet finished?

• edited March 2017

Someone tried to talk over him (Caroline I think) saying "Just Episode 1".

GSSalvador posted: »

Didn't Job say, that they're showing the entire game to an audience, even though, they're not yet finished?

• Oh. Ok. I misheard that.

Someone tried to talk over him (Caroline I think) saying "Just Episode 1".

This discussion has been closed.