Guardians of the Galaxy - The Telltale Series announced [Update Mar 9th: First Screenshots Revealed]

Comments

• edited December 2016

I want to be that guy...I can't wait for this to release. Let's just hope when it gets a release date it won't be delayed, what am I saying why would I even hope it would come out on the release date that's expecting the impossible. Lol

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/806328837214638080 https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/806329820032339968

• the batman telltale game was disappointing. it was the only game from telltale that i hate.
    they ruined the batman for me. i hope won't happen to this one.

• Got a felling this game will probably come out on May because that's when the second Gotg movie comes out.

• Yeah hopefully :)

Creeper1846 posted: »

Got a felling this game will probably come out on May because that's when the second Gotg movie comes out.

• Ya that would be awesome :)

i'm still holding out for a Star Wars game ):

• They were never trying to please you personally

Cope49 posted: »

Sees new screen.... So when did TellTale stop trying?

• Well they should.

But that doesn't matter . They aren't trying at all anymore.

zeke10 posted: »

They were never trying to please you personally

• Tales from the Borderlands proved that they aren't very good with humor .

Deadpoolian posted: »

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my favorite films from the MCU, so I'm very excited for this! I think Telltale is fantastic with humor. Ta

• it was also disappointing for me but it did not ruined batman for me (-

the batman telltale game was disappointing. it was the only game from telltale that i hate. they ruined the batman for me. i hope won't happen to this one.

• i think it's better they focus on stories that are not famous. what are you thinking?

Tuerkis posted: »

it was also disappointing for me but it did not ruined batman for me (-

• I think it's the exact opposite.

Tales from the Borderlands proved that they aren't very good with humor .

• edited December 2016

Wow, you're literally the first person I've heard say that. If you don't like TFTBL, that's fine, but many consider it to be hilarious. I think it was Telltale at their best!

Tales from the Borderlands proved that they aren't very good with humor .

• I think I'm gonna chuckle if they revealed that Star-Lord is voiced by Troy Baker and Gamora is voiced by Laura Bailey. :D

• Do you have something in particular you want for them to do?

Well they should. But that doesn't matter . They aren't trying at all anymore.

• From the top of my head...The Wolf Among Us season 2

Do you have something in particular you want for them to do?

• Me too, but I'm gonna love Telltale if they do it!

I think I'm gonna chuckle if they revealed that Star-Lord is voiced by Troy Baker and Gamora is voiced by Laura Bailey.

1. if they revealed that rocket raccoon is voiced by Chris Hardwick I am going to happy.
    Ekelund21 posted: »

Me too, but I'm gonna love Telltale if they do it!

• Agreed.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Don't you get me hoping.

• I wholeheartedly DIS-agree with 110%.

alostguy25 posted: »

Really? Ugh... personally I'm really tired of the superhero bandwagon that's been dominating popular culture for the past decade, and Guardi

• I'm definitely getting the season pass.

• http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-the-telltale-series/140262

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series delivers a brand new story of the universe's unlikeliest heroes, the rag-tag band of outlaws who go by the names Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of the Guardians has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands. From Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond, and set to the beat of awesome music, this five-part episodic series puts you in the rocket-powered boots of Star-Lord in an original Guardians adventure, told in the unique and award-winning Telltale style, where your decisions and actions will drive the path of the story you experience.

Release Date 4/25/2017

The move, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is scheduled to be released April 28, 2017. So this game will act sort of like a prequel.

"where your decisions and actions will drive the path of the story you experience"

enter image description here

• Nice find!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-the-telltale-series/140262 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Tellta

• Interesting, so it looks like April 25th is most likely the release, also kinda interesting that it seems we will only play as Star Lord.

Now the only question is: Is this in the MCU? It just says an original Guardians adventure, nothing about it being an "original Telltale adventure"

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-the-telltale-series/140262 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Tellta

• I suspect it will technically be in its own canon, but that it will borrow heavy inspiration from the MCU movies. I would normally compare it to Batman, but seeing how many twists/shake ups of the source material Batman had, I guess that would be a bad comparison at this point.

Poogers555 posted: »

Interesting, so it looks like April 25th is most likely the release, also kinda interesting that it seems we will only play as Star Lord.

• Im still gonna hold on to my theory that they have Chris Pratt and the rest of the Guardians doing the voices, considering how long ago the Marvel game was originally announced.

I suspect it will technically be in its own canon, but that it will borrow heavy inspiration from the MCU movies. I would normally compare i

• Hey, it would certainly beat having Troy Baker showing up to voice a protagonist for the third time! :p

Poogers555 posted: »

Im still gonna hold on to my theory that they have Chris Pratt and the rest of the Guardians doing the voices, considering how long ago the Marvel game was originally announced.

• Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series delivers a brand new story of the universe's unlikeliest heroes, the rag-tag band of outlaws who go by the names Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of the Guardians has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands. From Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond, and set to the beat of awesome music, this five-part episodic series puts you in the rocket-powered boots of Star-Lord in an original Guardians adventure, told in the unique and award-winning Telltale style, where your decisions and actions will drive the path of the story you experience.

Release Date 4/25/2017

Great news! So, the team that was in the first film is being brought here. Nice. I wonder if we will still play as different members of the team, which the earlier information indicates to me, or just Star-Lord as this says (still cool).

A MacGuffin after a battle? It better be epic I'll want to see it. Each Guardian wanting it, even Groot? It'll probably be an original Telltale idea and not like an Infinity Stone. Maybe it is a Vault Key. Maybe it is dinosaurs embryos. Maybe it is even the Magic Mirror!

A ruthless enemy, the last of her kind? Another female antagonist like some of the other recent Telltale works. Neat. It be interesting if Gamora is still the last of her kind too, be a nice parallel. Not sure if Gamora will be a daughter of Thanos in this, but if she is I think there's a chance this villain could be too like Nebula (who might be this villain). Mabye it's Ayesha who is going to appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, or a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy that in the comics is normally good. Maybe it's Carina. We'll see.

So Earth, the Milano (Star-Lord's ship), and Knowhere (place in the Celestial Head in the first movie). Should be cool, I wonder what they do at Earth.

5 episodes with Star-Lord as protagonist, cool. This line, "an original Guardians adventure", tells me it'll be like Batman, and not connected with the films besides the inspiration like the movie with like the music (that's going to be amazing).

April 25, 2017! Great news! Just a little less than 4 months. They're obviously trying to tie it in with the movie, which is releasing May 5. Sweet! I'm hyped.

• A MacGuffin after a battle? It better be epic I'll want to see it. Each Guardian wanting it, even Groot? It'll probably be an original Telltale idea and not like an Infinity Stone. Maybe it is a Vault Key. Maybe it is dinosaurs embryos. Maybe it is even the Magic Mirror!

It could even be the scripts to Wolf S2 and Borderlands S2!

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series delivers a brand new story of the universe's unlikeliest heroes, the rag-tag band of o

• Thanks!! :)

Nice find!

• But what if Telltale will only let you take one script, and you have to choose which one you take and which one gets left behind?

You and 43% chose the TFTBL S2 script

A MacGuffin after a battle? It better be epic I'll want to see it. Each Guardian wanting it, even Groot? It'll probably be an original Tellt

• The Silent response leaves you with both scripts getting destroyed, and you receiving the Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 script as a consolation prize.

But what if Telltale will only let you take one script, and you have to choose which one you take and which one gets left behind? You and 43% chose the TFTBL S2 script

• enter image description here

The Silent response leaves you with both scripts getting destroyed, and you receiving the Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 script as a consolation prize.

• edited January 2017

At least we'll get a Tales from the Borderlands kinda vibe when it comes out. Everybody get your Mix Tapes ready! :D
    I hope we get a dance battle! xD

• Oh yeah, baby!! Time to play the waiting game.......... :expressionless:

• "Hello, the name's Star Lord"
    "Who?"
    "Y'know, Batman, Rhys, Joel, Sam, Joker... I'm Star Lord!!" :D

Hey, it would certainly beat having Troy Baker showing up to voice a protagonist for the third time!

• I have faith that it would rival the finger-gun fight as the greatest quick time event ever.

At least we'll get a Tales from the Borderlands kinda vibe when it comes out. Everybody get your Mix Tapes ready! I hope we get a dance battle! xD

• Finger gun fight + Dance Fight = Destruction of the Universe :D

AChicken posted: »

I have faith that it would rival the finger-gun fight as the greatest quick time event ever.

• not going to happen

From the top of my head...The Wolf Among Us season 2

• You don't know that. Just like i believe that this guardian game is gonna suck.

MrEggplant posted: »

not going to happen

• I'm sure it will just like when this forums(and probably you) said tales from the borderlands would suck

You don't know that. Just like i believe that this guardian game is gonna suck.

This discussion has been closed.