Guardians of the Galaxy - The Telltale Series announced [Update Mar 9th: First Screenshots Revealed]

Comments

• exclusive to PAX attenders

Hahahaha..... yeah, I remember last year's PAX stream.
    sigh nooooo :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :bawling: :bawling:

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/838529252312014848 Can't wait to see a black screen while Starlord and gang say some kooky shit, since visuals are exclusive to PAX attenders :')

• So info today?

OzzyUK posted: »

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/839893596526407680

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It looks like it.

zeke10 posted: »

So info today?

• Really excited to see more guardians of the galaxy content from telltale.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited March 2017
  • Well this is a certainly interesting style. Unlike Batman who has a more comic book feel to it, this style resembles Game of Thrones, Back to the Future and other past Telltale Games. :O

• Oh man, it looks GLOURIOUS!

First screenshots. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/839916903564922881

• edited March 2017

O_o OH YES! Rocket looks amazingly cute & badass! This style seems very familiar but upgraded... Also anyone notice how Gamora has her modern comic look?
    enter image description here

• Maybe Im alone here, but am I the only one who thinks the models look a little...not so great looking? And thats putting it pretty lighly

• The models feel like those of Disney Infinity, yes...
    I am not joking

Poogers555 posted: »

Maybe Im alone here, but am I the only one who thinks the models look a little...not so great looking? And thats putting it pretty lighly

• edited March 2017

Seriously?

I think he looks awful. Like, really bad.

I think Starlord and Gamora look fine but the anthropomorphic characters are just... eeeeh.

O_o OH YES! Rocket looks amazingly cute & badass! This style seems very familiar but upgraded... Also anyone notice how Gamora has her modern comic look?

• "Like shit, right lee?"

Maybe Im alone here, but am I the only one who thinks the models look a little...not so great looking? And thats putting it pretty lighly

• edited March 2017

Yeah, the graphics remind me of Back to the Future and that's a 6 years old game. But whatevs, maybe it'll look better in motion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Yeesh you guys are harsh.

• Nah, that'd be Groot, he doesn't look like himself, I mean look at that
    Also that screen of Rocket, he is looking at something, so he looks kinda weird from a certain point of view

Graysonn posted: »

Seriously? I think he looks awful. Like, really bad. I think Starlord and Gamora look fine but the anthropomorphic characters are just... eeeeh.

• It looks alright. Well, in terms of Telltale's usual graphical standards anyway.

Their games normally look like ass, is what i'm saying.

• Hey Freelancepolice, with this kind of art style, do you think we will see Sam and Max? :D

If the Collector appears, I would not be surprised if he has 'collected' Sam and Max.

Yeesh you guys are harsh.

• He looks terrible in the other pic stood up too though. Groot looks less detailed which is understandable but his head shape is... odd.

Nah, that'd be Groot, he doesn't look like himself, I mean look at that Also that screen of Rocket, he is looking at something, so he looks kinda weird from a certain point of view

• Oooo That be a real great Easter egg, like what they did with Howard the Duck in the movie

Hey Freelancepolice, with this kind of art style, do you think we will see Sam and Max? If the Collector appears, I would not be surprised if he has 'collected' Sam and Max.

• Inb4 Howard the Duck is in the game aswell

Oooo That be a real great Easter egg, like what they did with Howard the Duck in the movie

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Part of the reason they look different is because Telltale don't have the multimillion dollar CGI budget that the movie got, they are also sticking to a certain graphic style so it can run on weaker hardware like phones and tablets.

Nah, that'd be Groot, he doesn't look like himself, I mean look at that Also that screen of Rocket, he is looking at something, so he looks kinda weird from a certain point of view

• Part of the reason they look different is because Telltale don't have the multimillion dollar CGI budget that the movie got

One would think Marvel would give away their shit ton of money to waste on a game?
    Marvel: NAH! We'll keep at it with the movies

Part of the reason they look different is because Telltale don't have the multimillion dollar CGI budget that the movie got, they are also sticking to a certain graphic style so it can run on weaker hardware like phones and tablets.

• Gonna have to agree with this.

Pipas posted: »

Yeah, the graphics remind me of Back to the Future and that's a 6 years old game. But whatevs, maybe it'll look better in motion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cast was revealed in the IGN article

Telltale also announced the voice cast for the entire Guardians team — Friday Night Lights star Scott Porter will voice Star-Lord, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor actress Emily O'Brien will star as Gamora, Uncharted actor Nolan North will portray Rocket, Watch Dogs' Brandon Paul Eells will voice Drax, and The Wolf Among Us' Adam Harrington will lend Groot his signature dialogue.

Also there'll be another Crowd play event

More details will come about the game during a PAX East panel on March 10 at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT, while Telltale will also host a crowd play of an early version of Guardians' first episode on March 17 at SXSW in Austin, Texas.

• Finally I can play a character with Scott Porter's voice! :D

And finally Telltale gave Adam a job. God bless Adam. :)

Cast was revealed in the IGN article Telltale also announced the voice cast for the entire Guardians team — Friday Night Lights star S

• and The Wolf Among Us' Adam Harrington will lend Groot his signature dialogue.

That is perfect casting right there.

Cast was revealed in the IGN article Telltale also announced the voice cast for the entire Guardians team — Friday Night Lights star S

• Nothing against Troy Baker, but I'm glad they are using someone else besides him for Star-Lord. He's a good actor, but they already used him as the protagonist for Borderlands and Batman, so having someone else is a breath of fresh air. That being said, I'm curious to see how Scott Porter handles Star-Lord.

• I think Scott has a warm voice, very likable. Also I think his role as Luke, who is also reckless, can suit a dashing Star-Lord.

Nothing against Troy Baker, but I'm glad they are using someone else besides him for Star-Lord. He's a good actor, but they already used him

• Scott Porter as Star-Lord? Sweet! Loving this cast!

• Yeah, I was expecting him to voice Rocket, but him voicing Groot is the next best choice. :D

and The Wolf Among Us' Adam Harrington will lend Groot his signature dialogue. That is perfect casting right there.

• Nolan North as Rocket?
    I was wanting Chris Hardwick, NOT that I have any complaints with Nolan North, it's one of the reasons I love Uncharted <3

• I much prefer deep voice Rocket like in the movie over high pitched growly rocket like they did with the cartoon. Hardwick could fall somewhere in the middle, but I'm glad they went with North

Nolan North as Rocket? I was wanting Chris Hardwick, NOT that I have any complaints with Nolan North, it's one of the reasons I love Uncharted

• Wait, didn't North voice Rocket before? I think it was in Disney Infinty and then in Marvel Heroes 2016

I much prefer deep voice Rocket like in the movie over high pitched growly rocket like they did with the cartoon. Hardwick could fall somewhere in the middle, but I'm glad they went with North

• Any chance for dates + trailer tomorrow?

• Maybe a trailer, but I doubt any official dates, but we got a ROUGH estimate considering there will be a crowd play the 17th of March, so my guess would be early April.

zeke10 posted: »

Any chance for dates + trailer tomorrow?

• All I'm gonna hear with Scott as Star Lord is 'Luke and the Not Cabin Group in Space.' Though, I'm not complaining. I had a feeling he would be Peter or some other character in the MGU. Just glad they didn't go with Troy Baker because as much as I love his voice he's everywhere. Scott getting a leading role like this could lead to other projects for him...

Can we call him a TTG regular now like Erin, Melissa, Dave, Gavin, and Adam?

• It's great that Scott is voicing Star Lord. It suits his voice. Nolan North as Rocket is great too.

P.S. Adam Harrington is back, yay!

• OMG! Finally!
    I mean the animation style is a lot different than i thought,
    BUT WHO CARES?!?
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!

This discussion has been closed.