SEASON FINALE DISCUSSION [SPOILERS ALLOWED] [SEASON REVIEW]

Comments

• edited December 2016

I've seen the scene between Bruce and Selina play out on Youtube and the topic of them having sex comes up. But i didn't get that conversation tree. I guess it never gets brought up if you tear her down from the start of the conversation. Selina just told me that we were enemies again and i said that it was on her. I also guess that it depends on if you have the tech or not in regards to what bat suit you get. Since i didn't have my tech i ended up with an old prototype bat suit while I've seen other players get a more high tech suit.

• It was because Bruce was going to the other.

Omid's cat posted: »

You don't understand. I know why she wanted to leave. The exit was close but Vicki choosed another, more distant. Maybe because she was stunned or something. Can't find better explanation.

• My thoughts on Batman Episode 5 is that it was great! 10/10 despite one bug that didn't affect the game at all it was a great episode! The Season was great it really made you feel like Batman! It also showed how strong of story can be told without the Joker as the main antagonist. I believe TellTale's writers knew that Joker as a main antagonist would be predictable and overused so they gave us a fresh new villain! Who surpringly did give Batman a challenge! TellTale also showed us how human and relatable Batman is! So as a whole the series gets a 10/10! My choice for Game of the Year!

• I enjoyed it! As a whole, I thought the season was a very good and fresh take on the Batman universe. I'd definitely like to see a second season happen eventually. Especially since I'd love to see more of their Joker.

• That had to be the best episode of the season by far. Lots of action and dialogue, I loved it. It truly feels like Bruce and Alfred and Gotham in general have a clean slate and can start moving forward, despite Jon fuckin Doe finally coming into the picture.

I did have a couple of complaints.

• The first scene was laggy as hell. It was so bad that it made me want to quit playing right then and there. And I was playing on a PS4 that can play Skyrim and Fallout 4 effortlessly.
    • Harvey wasn't used at all, I only saw a glimpse of him in Arkham. I thought he'd at least make a choice to aid Batman or cause chaos.
    • My choices didn't show up at the end for some reason, which sort of takes the wind out of your sails after an otherwise riveting season finale.
  • Well, if you choose to go after Penguin instead of Harvey at the end of episode 4, you'll get to confront him as Bruce and try to help his good self fight his evil side and Harvey will either attempt to kill himself or attack Bruce instead. Seems more of a fitting final scene for Harvey than the fight at the Manor from the last episode.

That had to be the best episode of the season by far. Lots of action and dialogue, I loved it. It truly feels like Bruce and Alfred and Go

• edited December 2016

I enjoyed this season despite the technical issues, the story was way better than the stories in the arkham games, I like some of the creative risks telltale took, WB needs to let people do their own thing and not interfere so much, which is why suicide squad and dawn of justice were such a mess in peoples eyes though I personally liked them, I dont like the way they handled selina, yea she wasnt a nice girl but still I wish she could've been redeemed, overall Id give it a 9/10 cant wait for season 2

• I enjoyed the finale. Surprised that Bruce and Alfred managed to avoid any civilians detecting the former without the cowl. The few lines from "John Doe" were probably recorded just after recording for Episode 4 was finished.

I still don't get how the CoA found out about Lucius' backdoor.

And it appears the favor from "John" will only affect a possible second season.

• I'm so happy with this episode.

After Episode 4, I was left feeling quite disappointed, but this finale was everything I could have hoped for.

The fight with Lady Arkham had me shaking. It was a beautifully intense and meaningful scene.

Though, my favorite scene in the episode has to be the confrontation with Harvey. I don't think a Telltale scene has hit me as hard as that one did.

It felt like the start of true redemption for him (In my game, at least) I loved how, depending on how you handled the situation, he either became Two-Face or remained Harvey Dent. Though I would have appreciated it if our choices from previous episodes played a role in deciding who he'd end up as.

When Bruce said he'd have the best doctors, it really made me feel good about Harvey's future. He won't be treated as a criminal or a monster. He'll be treated as a sick person who needs help. He'll finally be getting the best treatment for his mental illness, and that was all I ever wanted for him.

In conclusion to the Harvey aspect of my post, I'd just like to say, one last time, that I believe in Harvey Dent.

As for the rest of the episode, I adored it all.

The scene where you explore the Vale's hidden room was absolutely chilling. I've never felt so uncomfortable. It was such a haunting experience.

I also loved how Bruce's relationship with Alfred was given a fair share of the spotlight. I hadn't really felt much of a bond with him prior to the finale, but about halfway through playing it, I was ready and willing to die for that old man.

And the choices, though it felt like there weren't many, were so difficult and meaningful. The one involving the cowl was one that I especially enjoyed.

Finally, the ending was spectacular. It concluded things in a satisfying way, while still keeping things open for a second season. I thought it was quite well done.

The final Bruce or Batman choice was also really nice. The fact that they let us decide which persona is truly the mask is pretty damn neat.

Overall, I'd give the episode a solid 9/10, as well as the season as a whole. It was a wonderful experience, and easily one of my favorite Telltale games so far.

Thanks for the amazing game, Telltale. And for letting me help my bro, Harvey Dent.

(Also, holy shit, this post got long. Oops.)

• The technical aspects are killing me in regards to enjoying the episode. I really like to see the choices and the %s at the end of the episode and they didn't even show up.

• That was a great episode and a great season finale. I really hope we get a Season 2 and I'd say the earliest would be in about a year or so. I felt my choices really did matter and I was truly invested in every single character. I'm extremely disappointed with Selina. Yeah yeah I get she's herself, but I really wish she would've come back and aided Batman in the final fight. That postcard too, I thought it was a letter and at first I was like OPEN IT ALREADY, but then realized it was just a postcard lol. Maybe she'll come around in Season 2. What she said to Bruce really hurt, but I told her there was more than just a thief to her. I originally picked the I love you option, but she got pissed so I cheated and changed the answer to we make a good team, and she actually responds positively. Anyways, her send-off/con with Bruce is the only thing I didn't like about the game. Other than that it is absolutely awesome! It places a solid #3 spot behind TWD & Wolf. It may even surpass Wolf depending on if we get a DLC/Season 2. Episode was a 8/10, the marks are of Selina's send-off/con with Bruce, and the game crashed at one point and I had to restart. So yeah, props to Telltale for another amazing game!

• k

The technical issues I've faced and it seems like a lot others have during this episode is just insane. Hell, the first twenty minutes was t

• edited December 2016

I never got a postcard. I pretty much told her that she was trash and she said that we were back to being enemies so it's understandable why i didn't get one. She hates me and i hate her. Oh well.

BroKenny posted: »

That was a great episode and a great season finale. I really hope we get a Season 2 and I'd say the earliest would be in about a year or so.

• Technical issues aside, this was a damn good finale.

• I still love her after the things she's done. Dirty deeds aside, she was written really good in episodes 1-3.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I never got a postcard. I pretty much told her that she was trash and she said that we were back to being enemies so it's understandable why i didn't get one. She hates me and i hate her. Oh well.

• I'm well aware of Selina's character and how she acts sometimes, but i just don't really forgive anyone unless their lives depend on it so i just told her what i told her. I also told Alfred that i didn't need friends anymore. My Batman has no forgiveness in his heart.

I still love her after the things she's done. Dirty deeds aside, she was written really good in episodes 1-3.

• Called it. I knew Joker would make an appearance at the end, he is a hint for Season 2.

• Just like Nerissa quoting Faith was a hint for Wolf Season 2, right?

AronDracula posted: »

Called it. I knew Joker would make an appearance at the end, he is a hint for Season 2.

• edited December 2016

Yeah, kinda upset TWAU ended up with a cliffhanger. But this is different, Telltale Batman is led by Telltale itself while TWAU is led by Vertigo.

Just like Nerissa quoting Faith was a hint for Wolf Season 2, right?

• I can't really say 10/10 but it was okay and tied things up well. I feel a bit cheated out of an emotional scene since I had to stop Penguin in this episode. With Harvey, you see him struggling, you feel that your words are getting to him, and you know you're helping your friend. With Oz, you're given no reason to feel anything other than, "I'm taking your ass out". He never feels like what he's doing is wrong, he never forgave Bruce, and his conclusion is pretty lackluster. A statue falls on his leg, really? His limp isn't even determinant now? However, I did like how without my tech and a continuously damaged batsuit, I had this Daredevil "fight until there's nothing left of me" vibe going on. The final battle was brutal, but the choice was pretty pointless. Of course we're going to unmask, that's just the cooler option. Alfred doesn't even die if you choose not to do so. And then Lady Arkham dies, which makes unmasking pretty pointless too.
    Choices never made me pause the game, 6/10

• True....

Lord_EAA posted: »

Wouldn't that be way too soon by tt standards.

• So what was blockbuster doing? Lol

• His brain was scrambled in Episode 2.

He's probably not doing well. It's a shame, really. I wanted to beat the crap out of him again.

zeke10 posted: »

So what was blockbuster doing? Lol

• Look at the rabbits roland

His brain was scrambled in Episode 2. He's probably not doing well. It's a shame, really. I wanted to beat the crap out of him again.

• Great season finale, I really enjoyed it. Technical issues happened a good bit but it didn't crash this episode (For every other one, it crashed once) so that was nice, but one of the technical issues made a part of the episode special to me. One of the prisoners during the Arkham Riot had the eyes and mouth glitch happen where only those show up, and it honestly made me laugh out loud because I could just pretend that he was some kind of "Invisible Man" which made it a bit more fun each time I saw him.

The final fight was really great and honestly, I wasn't expecting the assassination attempt at the very end, good way to leave off in my book.

• I had that problem too, which sucks. I couldn't work out whether it was a connection problem, but it didn't seem to be. My game also kept freezing, so maybe it was my console.

There was one character model that was completely broken, so I just go to see two eyes and a pair of teeth dangling around in arkham. Pretty creepy.

AnimalBoy posted: »

The technical aspects are killing me in regards to enjoying the episode. I really like to see the choices and the %s at the end of the episode and they didn't even show up.

• I did not read all the post on this thread so forgive me if I missed something but I finished the episode then was watching someone else's play through and they had a more shiny metal bat suit instead if a a basic one that looks like it's made of leather how do you get the metal one. Was it a choice? If it was a chouce I assume it's the choice with Lucius in episode 3.

• Finally got done, so now I can stop avoiding the forums. I'm still mulling quite a bit, but it's time to type.

First off, scene with Harvey. Fantastic. Chilling and tense. It was gut-wrenching when I guess I screwed up at first and the first cop guy got the wrong side of the coin (I am so sorry Cop Guy!). But I managed to save everyone else, or at least I think? I'm glad this scene is at the beginning so I can see whether you can save everyone, completely fubar the hostages, or if the coin is truly 50/50.

Anyway, my only complaint is that the scene seemed brief compared to the mutual feelings of respect, betrayal, and resentment had built up between them, but that's a credit to the story overall-- I want to explore that more, but I'm pretty cool with how it tied up.

It also teed-off the episode's (and season's) trend of everyone showing their true faces--first with Harvey (or Oz, too, haven't seen that side yet), then next with Selina. A true thief in the end, stealing fancy toys and hearts all along her way out the door. Really well done with how consistent her character is in this scene. This part of the episode is where my decisions went down to the wire. After she tore a strip off me, and thinking about it in context, I totally hear what folks are saying about Bruce coming on too strong in confessing his feelings. But I am a true sap by instinct it turns out.

And maybe that I didn't "get" her as well as I thought. I wanted to be able to convey that I loved who she is, and the potential that's there, even if she doesn't-- not necessarily that I expected her to settle down. But the "we had fun" conveys more or less the same thing, just speaks her language much better, doesn't it?

Anyway, Alfred's remark to Bruce about losing trust in the people he cared about underscored the theme once more.

Then, the Vales. We saw the true face of the Vales in that basement. We of course had a glimpse in episode 4, but this was the full-on, rip-off-the-mask moment. This was the absolute ugliest face out of anyone in this story by a country mile. Kudos Telltale for not holding back with that, and it solidifies the foundation for the fight with Vicki.

Then Vicki's mask broke off. Then, it's your choice what to do with yours. It was such an excellent culmination, especially in having Bruce's only family at stake. Someone who's not related by blood, but perhaps the only individual who doesn't show a false face to Bruce. Probably the only parental figure in the story who is 100% genuine with their charge.

As you can probably guess, I removed the mask-- to me, Batman is the tool of Bruce, not the other way around. That's also why I showed up to speak as Bruce in the end.

What a cool story. Can't wait to gift this to people for Christmas. Thanks, Telltale!

• I just completed this game for the second time in a span of a few hours. I did everything exactly the same as I did before, down to the dialogue. The only difference is that I took down Oz in episode four, and I must say that doing so improved this episode for me. At first, I put it around a 9.5, which is not bad at all. Now, it's on episode three's god tier that cannot be accurately represented by an archaic number value. Maybe? I'm being so biased it hurts, but this was an amazing episode in my opinion.

Now first of all, the scene with Harvey was done phenomenally. His struggle was expressed in such a heart-wrenching way, and I am awestruck by the variations in that scene, and Harvey's character in general. I actually saw a video of this sequence where Bruce was more aggressive with Harvey, so I did not foresee Harvey raising the gun and crying on the floor. That caught me off guard, and let's just say some dust got in my eyes and keep it at that, alright? I've helped Harvey stray from his dark path, and hopefully he can receive the care he needs. I am so much more satisfied with his exit here.

I really loved Selina in this episode. She was true to how I always interpreted her character. It was a bittersweet moment, saying goodbye, but I felt it was executed perfectly based on the relationship I established with her and the way I interacted with her in the said scene. I still can't account for alternate choices, but from what I've heard, it sounds like Selina.

Obviously, I loved Alfred before this episode. He's basically Bruce's father, and he was always just an amazing guy to have on your side. My love grew tremendously in this episode. I was absolutely terrified for the guy, and all of his cutesy and badass moments just warmed my heart. So glad the dude's okay.

I don't even know where to start with Vicki Vale. The stand-off with her was choreographed so well. But more importantly than the action is the emotion, and in my eyes that is where this scene shined the most. Her reaction to realizing that Bruce is Batman was done perfectly. Sorry for the repetition of "this is perfect", "that is perfect", blah, blah, blah, but I really loved this episode. The punishment room was just haunting. Vicki's dialogue and facial expressions and demeanor was just GAWD!

A smaller thing that I really enjoyed was dialogue with Vicki regarding who the real Batman is. Is the man behind the mask truly himself as Batman? Is Batman a disguise to protect the wearer from his true self? Personally, I always saw both. The public image of Bruce Wayne is not entirely true to who my Bruce is, and the same can be said for my Batman. Both are different facets or layers of Bruce, and neither is more important than the other. To me, the mask is a symbol, and I'm so glad that I could express that.

Choices were handled wonderfully in this episode. It seems like almost every scene in Guardian of Gotham and City of Light are determinant in some way, so I must applaud Telltale for creating so many variations.

I enjoyed even the minor characters in this episode, and felt everyone received a pretty good farewell.

I loved the speech with Bruce Wayne at the end. There were actually multiple times that I burst out laughing in this episode, Bruce claiming that he cut his ear off shaving being one. I came to cry and that happened, (What's wrong with me?) but laughter was a nice treat. But uh, yeah. I enjoyed speaking to the public, and, shockingly enough, I said what I actually felt. After five episodes of playing the game and masquerading, the honesty was so refreshing and a perfect way to conclude things. I wasn't expecting the assassination attempt, I'll tell you that. The Joker's role in this episode was just the right size, and his reaction to the Asylum liberation was just perfect. PERFECT! PERFECT! IT'S ALL PRETTY CLOSE TO THE IMPOSSIBLE ADJECTIVE OF PERFECT!

Now, I'm extremely tired, and I'm gonna go pass out somewhere and dream about this game, okay? I'm so sad it's over, but that season 2 teaser got me hyyyyyped.

• Save your tech in ep4

Creeper1846 posted: »

I did not read all the post on this thread so forgive me if I missed something but I finished the episode then was watching someone else's p

• To me, the mask is a symbol, and I'm so glad that I could express that.

All very well said, but an extra THIS^ for pointing this out.

Kenny726 posted: »

I just completed this game for the second time in a span of a few hours. I did everything exactly the same as I did before, down to the dial

• Just curious, what did you choose in the end? A better GCPD or a better Arkham Asylum?

Kenny726 posted: »

I just completed this game for the second time in a span of a few hours. I did everything exactly the same as I did before, down to the dial

• I saw him opening a door during the Arkham escape. You didn't have to fight him again. Also, I hope all those other people we had to hit with a shock grenade, some in very close quarters, don't end up that bad. Maybe last time you didn't know what it would do but now you do.

zeke10 posted: »

So what was blockbuster doing? Lol

• I don't think there's anything you can do for the cop and I think it's better that way. Just like with the city block, this has to show that Harvey's serious. He's not just making threats, he's literally flipping a coin and pulling a trigger and not even looking at it or flinching when the blood hits him.

Dozurany posted: »

Finally got done, so now I can stop avoiding the forums. I'm still mulling quite a bit, but it's time to type. First off, scene with Har

• You know, I must have clicked on a dozen let's plays yesterday trying to find someone who chose Arkham but everyone was choosing the police. Then when I finally got to choose Arkham he's stopping construction on the better facility to try and improve the cesspit that is Arkham? Like, I get that he really needs to change the name but I thought he totally should have gone ahead with his original idea.

Just curious, what did you choose in the end? A better GCPD or a better Arkham Asylum?

• I honestly totally forgot about his original idea, so I thought Arkham would be the best option.

My reaction was pretty much as follows:

"Oh hey, cool, I can fix up a place to treat mentally ill people. I'm sure Harvey will appreciate thi--ohhhhh noooo"

I think I fucked up. Badly.

Sarah1281 posted: »

You know, I must have clicked on a dozen let's plays yesterday trying to find someone who chose Arkham but everyone was choosing the police.

• I don't think it's a matter of choosing to reform Arkham or stick with his original, much better idea. It was reforming Arkham or funding money into the GCPD. But I kind of went "Anyway, back to what I was doing before all of this started" and I don't really trust the GCPD very much. But hey! Montoya didn't shoot me for once! They are getting better!

I honestly totally forgot about his original idea, so I thought Arkham would be the best option. My reaction was pretty much as follows:

• I didn't trust the GCPD much at first, but now that Gordon is Commissioner, I trust them completely.

Though, they are oddly trigger-happy.

Like, the dude who attacked Bruce in the Harvey intro could've been easily subdued with a few shots to the leg. They didn't have to go to town on the poor guy.

It makes me a bit worried for the criminal offenders in Gotham, to be honest.

"Hey, I'm here to turn myself in. I stole this neckla--"

BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG

I don't think it's a matter of choosing to reform Arkham or stick with his original, much better idea. It was reforming Arkham or funding mo

• I did appreciate the assist for all you're right that they are going to kill do many innocent or unarmed people. For once you don't have to handle every threat personally and the police are good for something.

With Gordon the police are fine. I know exactly how not fine Arkham is and now Bruce's bestie is probably living there.

I didn't trust the GCPD much at first, but now that Gordon is Commissioner, I trust them completely. Though, they are oddly trigger-happy

• I know exactly how not fine Arkham is and now Bruce's bestie is probably living there.

Eh, I don't think Harvey is in Arkham.

"You're gonna have the best doctors, Harvey"

I highly doubt the best doctors would be found in Arkham Asylum.

I did appreciate the assist for all you're right that they are going to kill do many innocent or unarmed people. For once you don't have to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.