SEASON FINALE DISCUSSION [SPOILERS ALLOWED] [SEASON REVIEW]

Comments

• Yeah, unfortunately, the coin choice seems to be the only one that matters when deciding how Harvey's story ends.

Throw the coin = Two-Face

Pocket the coin = Harvey Dent

Sarah1281 posted: »

Does he still end up hating you if you throw it when you stop him from killing himself? I thought the determinant was about if he tried to kill you or himself.

• So you can be a complete dick to him and get all the hostages killed and tell him there's no hope and he's trying to choose where to shoot you but if you pocket the coin he's back with the program?

Yeah, unfortunately, the coin choice seems to be the only one that matters when deciding how Harvey's story ends. Throw the coin = Two-Face Pocket the coin = Harvey Dent

• Bingo.

It's disappointing that that's the case, but hey, Harvey gets redemption, so I can't really complain xD

So you can be a complete dick to him and get all the hostages killed and tell him there's no hope and he's trying to choose where to shoot you but if you pocket the coin he's back with the program?

• So you can be a complete dick to him and get all the hostages killed and tell him there's no hope and he's trying to choose where to shoot you but if you pocket the coin he's back with the program?

No. Trust me, I tried that variation myself, though deciding what you want to do with the coin is a big factor, but not THE big factor.

So you can be a complete dick to him and get all the hostages killed and tell him there's no hope and he's trying to choose where to shoot you but if you pocket the coin he's back with the program?

• Okay, I had to look through like a dozen playthroughs to find one where he tries to shoot you but you pocket the coin or where he tries to shoot himself and you throw it. Most people tend to go with shoot you/throw or suicide/pocket. This makes sense to me because if he's not even flipping a coin to see if you live but flipping to see how he kills you, people might feel like being a jerk themselves and just throwing the coin whereas if you really get through to him and you have to stop him from killing himself (apparently if you don't grab the coin he kills himself and you get a game over that way) then you can be calmer and gentler and just put the coin in your pocket.

This playthrough (at about fourteen minutes in) has Harvey try to kill you and you pocket the coin. Unlike with suicide/pocket coin where he just breaks down, he charges at you and you have to defend yourself before he ends up on the floor trying to figure out his life. Then he's Two-Face coming down the stairs.

Bingo. It's disappointing that that's the case, but hey, Harvey gets redemption, so I can't really complain xD

• This playthrough (at about fourteen minutes in) has Harvey try to kill you and you pocket the coin. Unlike with suicide/pocket coin where he just breaks down, he charges at you and you have to defend yourself before he ends up on the floor trying to figure out his life. Then he's Two-Face coming down the stairs.

Oh, I apologize for my mistake, then. I was unaware of that. That's pretty cool.

Okay, I had to look through like a dozen playthroughs to find one where he tries to shoot you but you pocket the coin or where he tries to s

• Okay but what exactly was Bruce doing between episodes four and five? Between the first two it was a very short period of time and nothing was really going on except Falcone had been arrested. Between episodes two and three it was a week but nothing was really going on during that time. The Children of Arkham attacked the debate then all was quiet for a week until they attacked Harvey and Montoya tracked them down when they were probably planning their next move out and waiting until Harvey left the safety of the hospital. Between episodes three and four it was a day or two and things got really bad really quickly but you were in Arkham so there was nothing to do.

Then between episodes four and five it's been five days since you took out Harvey or Oz. In the meantime, whichever of them hasn't been taken out is making the situation far worse than it has been. You show up and save Gordon who is being attacked by the Children of Arkham and is injured right by the batsignal. No clue as to what Bruce or Batman was doing in all this time while the city went to hell. Was he just chilling? Sulking about losing his house or his tech?

• Yeah. He still seemed like Harvey to me, and I threw the coin.

So you can be a complete dick to him and get all the hostages killed and tell him there's no hope and he's trying to choose where to shoot y

• Mine did. I think that relationship should be significant next season, I hope it will.

LukaszB posted: »

Who kissed Selina in the finale? Just curious, since I know it's possible.

• OK, my thoughts. Gonna keep it brief, but this has been one of the better seasons I've played. I thought they did a great job.

This episode was very good, though my game had a pretty nasty freeze and crash just after the initial dialogue with Lady Arkham, and the model didn't load for whoever it was that was getting kicked on the floor in the Arkham riot scene. One other bug: After completing the episode (I was Compassionate 82, Merciful 81, shrewd and a team player, can't remember the words they used now), I looked at the My Choices section, and I ran the season overview thing again, but it reset every value at 50/50. I played on PS4.

Selina I thought was great, perfectly in character, and I made sure things were left on good terms with the kiss. Played that scene twice, but I thought it was well done, one of my favorite moments this episode.

Harvey's scene was well done, I really liked being able to choose who to attend the final presser as (chose Bruce), and the investigation scenes, I always like those. I do regret that I never got to really see Os (or Oz, whatever) really become The Penguin, but I still enjoyed the showdown in Ep. 4. The finale was great, but the final fight had a little too much slow-mo and drug out a little bit until it heated up towards the end. I liked the reaction from Vicky removing the bat mask.

Ep. 1-3 were my favorite this season, mainly because I really enjoyed Selina and playing off her. I used to read the Catwoman comic back the last couple decades, and this is absolutely the best depiction I've ever seen of her outside the comics. So props, bravo.

So, if we're 10 point decimal scaling them by episode:

Ep. 1- 8.8
    Ep. 2- 8.9
    Ep. 3- 9.6
    Ep. 4- 7.2
    Ep. 5- 8.1

So like a 8.6/7 for the season. I think Tales from The Borderlands is my favorite, but this is nipping at The Wolf Among Us for second.

What I'd like to see next season:
    Characters-
    More Catwoman, Penguin in full Penguin mode, Harley Quinn + Joker, Riddler, some little known or new villain again, Robin, Batgirl.

Gameplay-
    -Less slow-mo in combat, keep it, but less. More variance in combat.
    -A chapter system like TWD, so we don't have to replay the entire episode when we miss something or want to make another choice in dialogue.
    -More of the same with investigation, alternate scenes, and the pre-battle planning thing.

• edited December 2016

My game said it was two days (according to Alfred) from the time you're thrown into Arkham, then I don't think there was a gap in time after that. Not sure where the idea of an extra week comes from. Everything after that, I think it's still just a couple days in total.

Okay but what exactly was Bruce doing between episodes four and five? Between the first two it was a very short period of time and nothing w

• That gif might actually be the greatest thing to ever exist.

Dozurany posted: »

Really? Aw... Then I salute you, Cop Guy, for bravely sacrificing yourself for a more gripping narrative!

• Where do the classic games rank on that scale? because based on your username I know you've played them lol.

Now I feel like a fanboy (I'm pretty much am...) Well the lowest rating I've given a telltale episode is like a 5/10, and I've played pre

• Sam & Max - The Devils Playhouse - 10/10
    Sam & Max Season 1 - 8.5/10
    Sam & Max Season 2 - 9/10
    Tales of Monkey Island - 8/10
    Back to The Future - 8/10
    Strong bad's cool games for attractive people - 7.5/10
    Jurassic Park - 6.5/10
    Bone - 5/10
    Puzzle Agent - 7/10
    Puzzle Agent 2 - 8.5/10

There's a good chunk

Where do the classic games rank on that scale? because based on your username I know you've played them lol.

• edited December 2016

Loved it! It was a great episode. I loved the scene with Harvey and that final fight with Vicki was amazing. The dialogue was great in that fight especially if you remove the cowl.

Now as much as I loved the episode there is one scene that really pissed me off. The scene with Oz really disappointed me, Oz has always been my favorite character, I've been pro Oz since episode 1 so I was really excited for this scene. I feel like I missed out because I like Oz more than Harvey. I got a nice flashback but I was forced to be a dick to Oz, not one sympathetic line. Harvey's scene clearly got a lot of effort so I'm pretty salty about this. It's like I'm not allowed to care about him and past sympathetic scenes with Oz were just thrown out the window.

• Wow, I guess I'm in the minority here when I say that this episode was really 'meh'. I thought it was probably one of the weakest finale's in TT's recent years of games. (I haven't played anything they've done before TWD series so don't judge me there)

The final episode is A LOT better if you stopped Oz is episode 4. The conclusion with Harvey in Ep. 5 is so much more satisfying than it is in episode 4. Then it's the exact opposite in regards to Oz. The fight with him in 4 was really well done compared to talking to him as Bruce in Ep. 5. I really didn't care for any of the Oz stuff in Ep. 5. I had 2 save films 1 in which I reacted how I'd honestly try to react in these scenario's and my other was just making Bruce to be a complete dick. My first play through I faced Oz in Ep 5 and my dick play through I faced Harvey in Ep 5. I'd of liked to have had those situations switched looking back on how they ended. So yeah the Harvey part in Ep 5 was my favorite part and pretty much the only part I truly enjoyed. Hated Oz in Ep 5 as that whole thing I just stopped caring for him. How the hell does he not know Bruce is Batman at that point? I told him his mother deserved Arkham cuz I thought it was funny.

The Selina relationship was also meh. Like I get it, I think if you banged her (which I did in my dick play through because screw Harvey for distancing himself from me and still asking for my money) I think she is really falling for you and doesn't like it so she's doing this stuff to try and distance herself from Bruce. So it is what it is. I didn't really expect anything more but the whole thing just felt meh to me. Didn't really care one way or the other. I kind of just lost interest in her after she just leaves right away in Ep 4.

The fight with Vicki was fine. I don't really have any feelings towards it one way or the other. In my first play through I took off the mask because well I wanted to save Alfred best I could. 2nd play through like I said I was a dick and was like "screw everybody else" and that included Alfred so I let him get shot in the face when I attacked her. I liked the fact that the Vales had a torture room which I figured would be the case after Ep 4 so it wasn't this grand revelation to me. So yeah I understood Vicki as a villain so that was cool. Kinda upset that she died (or is presumed dead) because I liked the new take they have done on some of these villains. It was really what had me hooked on this season of Batman who I am openly not normally a big fan of. I find his villains to be interesting but Bruce/Batman himself is boring to me. So I enjoyed the season's fresh take on some of these villains and throwing a curve ball and making Vicki the lead villain. It basically was what I was hoping Arkham Knight was gonna do only for them to just have him be Jason Todd which was super annoying.

Lastly, I guess I'm the only one it seems but I just rolled my eyes when Joker/John Doe was teased at the end. I just saw that coming and while I was interested in seeing John Doe/Joker at first atm I just have zero interest in having a S2 focused around him. I'd like them to do more stuff like they did here with creating new villains and different takes on others. Joker I'm just tired of atm.

So yeah in all I'm excited for a S2 but I'd give this final episode a 5/10.

If I were to rank the TT series I'd go

Tales 10/10
    TWAU 9/10
    TWD S1 8.5/10
    GOT 8/10
    Batman 7/10
    Minecraft 6/10
    TWD S2 5/10

• edited December 2016

Alright soo....Here are my final thoughts of the Season and Game as a whole.

So let's get the bad out of the way. This has been the most mixed Telltale experience I have had yet. Right from the launch, this game has issues. I could not play this game due to technical issues that kept me from playing it on the first day. Even when I could finally play the game, the frame rate was terrible and chucky that kept me from enjoying to a satisfying degree. There has been bugs and weird features such as the lack of a rewind button, which is still baffling me why they removed it. Then the final two episode wasn't released on the day it was suppose to be released. It was delayed and I really don't like delays because it is like a broken promise, which is worst than waiting longer. I don't know whatever it was because of the engine or because the game didn't have as much development time as the other games did.

But looking past all the technical issues, the bugs and delays, Batman the Telltale Series is a very good story. When the graphic is working, it is beautiful and nice looking. Sure, every story have its flaws, but the characters are amazing and the dialogues are good. The action scenes are good and playing as Bruce/Batman is awesome.

But unfortunately, my experience was compromised by the initial terrible launch and buggy state. But I do admire that Telltale has proven that they can release a whole Season over the course of five months and that they can make a game as quick as they did. I just hope that The Walking Dead Season 3 won't have these issues and PLEASE no more delays on the RELEASE DAY, it is a terrible feeling to be excited only to be left wanting and force to sleep in order to play on the next day. It really breaks the immersion and excitement.

These are just my honest thoughts because I want Telltale to do better, because I want to support what they are doing.

• There was a very short time from you getting thrown into Arkham to you getting out (I saw an article saying the lawyers got Bruce out within 48 hours) but then again the start of episode five it said five days later so what was happening for nearly a week between stopping Harvey or Oz and trying to stop the other one?

quetzicoatl posted: »

My game said it was two days (according to Alfred) from the time you're thrown into Arkham, then I don't think there was a gap in time after

• The ending was basically this:
    enter image description here

• Hey man, you can't hate on Bone. Bone was their first adventure game and their real first try at getting into the market. I think the worst part about that game was the fact that they never finished it. Picking on Bone is like picking on the mentally disabled kid on the playground lol.

Sam & Max - The Devils Playhouse - 10/10 Sam & Max Season 1 - 8.5/10 Sam & Max Season 2 - 9/10 Tales of Monkey Island - 8/10

• a 5/10 is average. Bone was an average experience.

Hey man, you can't hate on Bone. Bone was their first adventure game and their real first try at getting into the market. I think the worst

• Damn, what a great episode. Emotions were really running high, I was literally shaking during the confrontation with Harvey and final epic fight with Vicki (which was probably the best fight Telltale has done so far). Definitely deserves at least 9/10. Looking forward to possible Season 2. ;)

• The face when your choices actually matters

Poogers555 posted: »

I still got my boy Alfred I guess... (I might honestly replay the Selina part, I really dont like how just screwing up that one dialogue makes it so even the codex goes "Lmao bro, you now sworn enemies with her")

• I was a dumb dumb and thought that after saying she was something more it wouldnt really matter what I said. RIP

Ekelund21 posted: »

The face when your choices actually matters

• When the choices matters in an unpredictable way.

Poogers555 posted: »

I was a dumb dumb and thought that after saying she was something more it wouldnt really matter what I said. RIP

• Mostly depends on if she sent a letter, her owing you, and the last conversation's entirety. The letter's message changes.

quetzicoatl posted: »

Mine did. I think that relationship should be significant next season, I hope it will.

• I thought it was just a postcard with no words

LukaszB posted: »

Mostly depends on if she sent a letter, her owing you, and the last conversation's entirety. The letter's message changes.

• There is one heartwarming thing I want to share that I had in my playthrough. When I first played Episode 2, I had my Bruce say that he need some time to forgive Alfred. Then in Episode 5, Bruce willingly revealed his identity to save Alfred.

In my headcanon, when they talked back in Wayne Manor, this is the point where my Bruce has fully forgiven Alfred. It just make for a nicer story in my head. :)

• For me Alfred became the only person I feel like I can always count on. Alfred is basically just Old Vaughn, the biggest bro there is!

There is one heartwarming thing I want to share that I had in my playthrough. When I first played Episode 2, I had my Bruce say that he need

• It's on the table before you check it to find out Selina sent it. Very hard to see at times, and you only have around 10 seconds to read it. One of them is clearly romantic, one is along the lines of her not knowing you completely. I noticed it on my second playthrough.

I thought it was just a postcard with no words

• edited December 2016

I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the finale.

The other episodes made it feel like the sky was falling, hell on earth, death to all morals, whatever.

And it boiled down to a quick cross of words with Harvey and a ridiculously overlong fight with a stupidly overpowered Vicki!

How and where the hell did she learn to fight like that?! Did I miss something?! I thought Batman was an exceptional fighter
    because, quite frankly, she got the best of 70% of the blows! Did that suit aid or power her in any way? If so, my bad, I missed
    that - because Batman KICKED HER THROUGH A STONE COLUMN and she got up like it was nothing!

Bugs, glitches and loading times killed the pace of the fight scenes too.

And for the first time in a Telltale game, I felt like my choices meant squat to the ending. The Wolf Among Us, at the end, really
    made me stop and think. Not here.

I liked the season but I think it needed more a polish and a more open ended exploration of story.

But DAMN, didn't Batman look freaking ACES! I LOVED HIS LOOK!

• Im guessing Vicki's suit had some kinda of armor, she also had the super cool rocket boots. If season 2 happens we may even learn more about who showed Vicki how to fight.

The Kerbdog posted: »

I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the finale. The other episodes made it feel like the sky was falling, hell on earth, death to all m

• My playthrough is similar. I like to think of their relationship as really complicated. My Bruce didn't forgive Alfred, he blamed him for everything in episode 5 but he still saved him.

There is one heartwarming thing I want to share that I had in my playthrough. When I first played Episode 2, I had my Bruce say that he need

• If Vicki's overpowered then so is Bruce. It hasn't been clarified where he learned to fight either.

The Kerbdog posted: »

I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the finale. The other episodes made it feel like the sky was falling, hell on earth, death to all m

• I chose to not reveal my identity because I had to think about the bigger picture. If the identity was revealed, Bruce and Batman would both be ruined. Besides, I like pirate Alfred.

• Holy Cow. This episode has been the best of the entire series. It was huge, had very cool choices to make, a great final boss fight scene, and an interesting ending that (no surprise here,) sets up a Season 2. While I did think that the Harvey/Oswald outcome was too short (we only got it for the intro?) I expected it to last maybe 1/3 of the episode. Either way, my Harvey scene here was so engaging, at one point I was screaming at my TV for Harvey's coin not to land on Tails as he dove off the balcony. Selina's scene was okay, but kind of made no sense to the plot of my Batman/Bruce continually denying her flirtatious behaviour for the entire season. (I had always assumed we were enemies, as I knew she either wanted something from Harvey or Bruce by tricking them and neither of those are okay in my book.) Some of the crime scenes were pretty good in this episode, and I like the cool tech that is introduced (ooh, magic VR picture enhancement) and, by the way, throughout that whole VR basement scene I kept saying "Enhance! Enhance!! Enhance computer images!" :p yay. Vicki was abused by her parents so that made sense for her revenge (kudos to all you guys who theorised that during episode 4). I liked the return to Arkham and the chase with Vicki.... yeah, nothing much else about that section. When you're in the catacombs and you have the last fight with Vicki, it was amazing. Really well choreographed. Though, to nitpick here, didn't flow too well for me as everytime it would save, the game freezes for a second between camera transitions. Other than that it was great. The resolution was nice, having Bruce give redemption for his tainted family legacy or Batman supporting Gotham and protecting it. AAAnd.... Joker at the end. Season 2 confirmed. (or, at least the main antagonist.)

All in all, I'd give this episode a solid 9.5 if I was good at rating things, because there were sections that I found short or less meaningful than they should have been. Best Batman episode yet, though. :)

Tidbit: Now, the episode was great, but there were a few technical issues I had with it. Not many, but it was noticeable. Firstly, the save stuttering during the Vicki fight. Secondly, inconsistent save points. a few days ago, I played the episode up until I figured out Vicki was going to go to Arkham. The game saved as it panned over the location and time, and I quit. The next day, I continued it, but the game started with Batman chasing Vicki down a hallway. I looked it up, and I had apparently missed a section. I had not seen Batman enter the Asylum, take out a guard, meet Lady Arkham in the cafeteria, talk, and then give chase. The game completely missed this and sent me to the next save point that occurred after I had quit. I only missed 3-4 minutes but it was a bit annoying. But*, there was a second one (though I was perfectly fine with this one.) I had played up until Batman passes Blockbuster closing a door in a dark hallway (at which point the game saves) Bman and Vcki talk, Batman gets sent to the basement. I stopped there. I continue the next day, and it starts with Batman falling down the hole, not in the hallway. This was okay because I hadn't missed anything and had already seen the conversation. **But, again, I don't see why these save points weren't where they said they saved. I continued the next day, falling down the hole, until Batman sees Vicki at the end of a hallway and she asks "why do you wear that mask". I stopped there and continued the next day. here, the game picked up exactly where it said it has saved. I don't get the game's logic. For the final bug, I had not received the "Complete Chapter 4" trophy (The Legacy) even if I somehow got all the other trophies (minus platinum). This means I have no fancy Platinum trophy. (which is ok, because I'm not a whole completionist, but it would be nice to get it.) This may have occurred because I saved the game at the catacomb hallway and it disrupted the trophy's progress once I had resumed the next day. This has one problem. I have to play through the entire episode up to that point again just to get that one trophy. This would easily be solved for me if a REWIND feature were in the game, just so I can complete that chapter, but it is not. So, now I gotta take the long way round. [insert sigh here]

• I've not really been into this game, but I have been checking the episodes as they've been coming out. Although I don't think I'll be getting anytime in the future [I've never been a big Batman fan], one thing I can definitely say about it that I love how much depth the villains have and that they're not bad guys for the sake of being bad guys. Harvey struggling with his inner demon Two-Face made me constantly feel sympathy for him and hoping Bruce could get through to his friend, just like I hoped Bruce could get through to Oswald and even Vicki herself.

I mean shit the reveal on Vicki's back story from the abuse she suffered got me right in the heart, that you understood how she'd gone down that road [and yet still held onto something sentimental as that picture of her with that boy her adopted parented were fostering, who was implied to be getting abused too]. I actually wanted Bruce to help Vicki come back from brink, and hope she might've managed to survive and her 'death' is just a clever fake out because I'd love to see more done with her character, along with Harvey and Oswald too. They were really well done villains, and I can even say that from what we saw of Joker too.

Although we didn't get to delve into Joker's back story or anything like that from what I recall [since they're setting him up for a sequel and all] I found it so interesting he wanted to help Bruce and how he develops a fascination to him and Batman. I actually like how when they first meet, it's Joker that's actually saving his life, although at the same time covers for himself against the doctors to say Bruce beat those guys up. He's cunning. If a Season 2 happens, I look forward to seeing that character explored more and find out why he is who he is.

But yeah, the villains were really great in this. In a way it felt they were victims for a lot of the things that happened to them, even though it doesn't excuse their actions. But seriously, I wish some of these superhero movies out there would take a page from this and do this sort of thing with their villains more often.

• One thing I've been wondering about:

If you visit Harvey as Bruce then go stop Oz in episode four, Batman never actually acts against Harvey. He's gone farther off the deep-end by the end of episode five and he's more about his own power than doing whatever he needs to to stopping the Children of Arkham but what does he think of Batman? Is he still his best friend hero or has he turned against him, too?

• edited December 2016

I was pondering this the other day. On one hand, not only has my Batman consistently saved Harvey, but never expressed himself as being against any of Harvey's actions. Additionally, they both are targeting the Children of Arkham, which likely would make Batman even more favorable. However, the fact that Harvey demands that Gordon keep Batman from arriving on-scene shows that on some level, he is aware that Batman would not approve of his actions of burning down the mansion and endangering hostages. So if he was aware that Batman would be against his acts and would try to shut the situation down, it wouldn't exactly be incorrect to draw the conclusion that Harvey, by extension, would place Batman in the "them" category, as in me against them?

One thing I've been wondering about: If you visit Harvey as Bruce then go stop Oz in episode four, Batman never actually acts against Har

• I'm really disapointed in this series...It made me lose a lot of faith on Telltale's games...For now on I think I'm going to just watch everything on Youtube...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.