Life is Strange sequel confirmed

Comments

• As much as I hated Season 1's ending, I think I'll give it a go.

• I just feel that this game is TOTALLY AND UTTTERLY overrated.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone, sorry.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Dude, you don't have to like the game, no one's trying to convince you otherwise.

• story wise

The writers knew from the beginning what the story's supposed to be. An aspect that lacks in a majority of Telltale's games.

Hated this game. Give me a reason story wise or character wise OR EVEN VOICE ACTING why this game is good.

• Beautiful!!!

• I just hope they have some explanation for the power this time around...

• Life is Strange is one of my favorite games, this honestly made my day

• I quite enjoyed it, but some people seem to idolize it and say that its the best thing ever, I dunno, I guess its partly because choice based games is a pretty tiny market atm, with only Telltale and a few giant ones like Mass Effect and The Witcher, so people will take what they get

I just feel that this game is TOTALLY AND UTTTERLY overrated. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, sorry.

• edited May 2017

Yep. I like how there were many things that referenced future events, and there was lots of detail in exploring the environments.
    They had it all planned out. No rewrites mid-season.
    Heck, there were things in episode 1 that foreshadowed other things in episode 5!
    In terms of the full story arc planning, it seems these guys had Telltale beat.

Edit: Now don't get me wrong, this game isn't my favourite. There were problems I had with it. But, this did do some things better than Telltale has.
    You can tell by the TFTB EP1 teaser where it shows what to expect from the whole season, things changed, things were cut.
    Also in the current ANF. I think it turned out much more differently than its initial product.
    RIP Tector and his magic machinegun

story wise The writers knew from the beginning what the story's supposed to be. An aspect that lacks in a majority of Telltale's games.

• I think it was life that gave the power.

because Life is Strange sometimes.
    prink34320 posted: »

I just hope they have some explanation for the power this time around...

• This is good news.

• edited May 2017

I remember not being that big of a fan of Life is Strange story-wise when it was first released, and the finale did come across as an anti-climax and a wasted potential overall, but the quality of Telltale's most recent projects did make me rethink my stance on the game and help make me appreciate it a little more now.

Life is Strange did carry it's fair share of problems revolving around character bias, the dialogue and voice acting being sub-par at times, and the unresolved sub-plots that were far more interesting than the main characters' stories. But what I did enjoy was the time rewind mechanic incorporated in puzzle sections, the art design with landscapes and buildings, the music, and how much time can be invested in each episode where you can explore at your own pace and not feel pressured to progress on with the story.

What I would like to see in the sequel is a more grounded and engaging story and characters that are not trying to cater towards the younger audience and their subculture, avoid trying to come across as overly pretentious or melodramatic, and either introduce a new 'superpower' feature or expand more on the time-rewind mechanic.

...Oh, and invest more time on improving the character's facial expressions and fixing the lip sync issues, pretty please.

• It IS overrated, but it's not totally bad. It just really caught the eye of the LGTB community with two queer girls as lead characters and now instead of Serial Killers and Time Travel is GAYGAYGAY and the fandom is fucked

I just feel that this game is TOTALLY AND UTTTERLY overrated. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, sorry.

• "Oh, Chloe, this camera is so sweet!"

cringes to death

The cringe? Oh god yes it was that bad. The game? I like it a lot.

• Other than that crappy ending...I came to love LiS. I put it behind TWD s1 and 2 and TWAU and TFTBL ...but it is in great territory...but man that ending.

• For the love of god they better not blow their budget before the finale like last time. That last episode was a fucking mess.

• They knew how they wanted it to end, doesn't mean they executed it well. I mostly dig Life is Strange quite a bit, but that ending screamed "we ran out of money!".

story wise The writers knew from the beginning what the story's supposed to be. An aspect that lacks in a majority of Telltale's games.

• Am I the only one who felt Life Is Strange didn't need a sad a bittersweet ending? It could get dark, but it wasn't Walking Dead.

• I had a problem with the lackluster sacrifice arcadia bay ending. the sacrifice chloe ending was way more in depth and looked more detailed. I loved the first life is strange and I'm looking forward to life is strange two. Can't wait to see how it's going to look on the new consoles.

• edited May 2017

The best news of the year. That's all.

enter image description here

Sadly I think we can expect a release date only in 2019.

• Can't unsee this now.

Chloe would be horrified.

• This is Life is Strange, don't ever expect any sort of explanation for that, other than life is strange.

prink34320 posted: »

I just hope they have some explanation for the power this time around...

• i actually liked this game, i never played it just watched on stream, it was just the finale that was complete dog shit.

• Hopefully they make a good game this time.

• They said that her story is done.

This is great! I enjoyed playing Life Is Strange and look forward to the new game. I wonder if Max will be in it?

• ok guys if you havent heard yet dontnod entertainment is making a season two

what are your guys predictions on it

• "we ran out of money!".

Telltale, after ANF ends.

They knew how they wanted it to end, doesn't mean they executed it well. I mostly dig Life is Strange quite a bit, but that ending screamed "we ran out of money!".

• Explosions

Tornadoes

Emo girl gets shot but you can rewind time to make her live

So exciting amirite???!?!?

Lenaya posted: »

ok guys if you havent heard yet dontnod entertainment is making a season two what are your guys predictions on it

• Instead of controlling time, now you can control space.

There will be references to Max, she will even be some kind of Rachel Amber. The endings set the story in two totally different ways, and it would be impossible to make a game that worked with both, but that doesn't have to mean our choices doesn't matter at all. (I'm being too optimist)

I just hope they don't make some kind of Secret Community of Magic Beings or something like that. Or a Ministry of the Goverment that hunts down people with powers... I always thought it was better to keep it small, with very few people or even only one with powers.

Hell, maybe the protagonist could be Rachel Amber or a Max from an alternative timeline that is more interested in exploring alternative universes than bringing people back from the death. And somehow tie it with the first game so that it will still be Life is Strange Season 2 instead of Something With The Same Mechanics as Life Is Strange.

Lenaya posted: »

ok guys if you havent heard yet dontnod entertainment is making a season two what are your guys predictions on it

• edited May 2017

This is great, though I didn't like the ending, life is strange was a very original. I'm looking forward to the next one and I hope they bring all that good music back.

• That's the thing about LiS, it's not the time travel powers that are the core of the game, it's the values of friendship and the great soundtrack.

I wonder if they will continue with a new protagonist or use Max again. And I wonder if it is a new protagonist if the person will have time traveling powers or something else.

• Shakabra

"Oh, Chloe, this camera is so sweet!" cringes to death

• Maybe they'll have lip sync this time.

• At least that's after the season ends rather than during : )

"we ran out of money!". Telltale, after ANF ends.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I enjoyed Life is Strange for what it was, but I didn't love it. Along with the lackluster ending I felt the game tried to put in too many different plot lines that they didn't connect too well. It's a game about school life, it's about reconnecting with your best friend, it's a game about time travel, it's a murder mystery, it's about preventing the end of the world. I feel if they dropped the whole tornado thing and focused on the elements that could connect (school life, the best friend, time travel and the murder) it might have turned out better. However I do feel like a sequel could be really good, especially if they have learned. One thing I loved from LiS is the vibes it manages to make.

• Wowzer

And all the dialogs in the scene where Kate kills herself.

(Dammit dontnod you don't know what "Subtle Indications" are do you!?!?)

Shakabra

• Man I remember seeing scenes when the character's didn't even move their face yet they were talking.

Look at what a fandom fan made:

Then look at the game...

DoubleJump posted: »

Maybe they'll have lip sync this time.

• I have to agree. The whole mystery was what I really cared about. Whenever stuff about the tornado happened I was like "Yeah okay, let's wrap this up and get to the Rachel stuff..."

dojo32161 posted: »

I enjoyed Life is Strange for what it was, but I didn't love it. Along with the lackluster ending I felt the game tried to put in too many d

• I need to finished season one.

• Yeah, that is one thing that needs to be improved. I hate that everyone seems to be saying "OMNOMNOM" with every word.

Man I remember seeing scenes when the character's didn't even move their face yet they were talking. Look at what a fandom fan made: Then look at the game...

• edited May 2017

Wasn't that confirmed a while ago? I think I heard somewhere that they wanted to go the American Horror Story route and have the series as a whole be an anthology series with each season having an entirely different story and characters.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.