Life is Strange sequel confirmed

Comments

• cringe

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, that is one thing that needs to be improved. I hate that everyone seems to be saying "OMNOMNOM" with every word.

• Yeah, but without the tornado the powers would be there for... nothing?

Actually they ARE there for nothing. Like, exept for the very begining and the ending, the game could have gone perfectly without time travel.

Another thing to be fixed.

dojo32161 posted: »

I enjoyed Life is Strange for what it was, but I didn't love it. Along with the lackluster ending I felt the game tried to put in too many d

• You mean like Black Mirror but Series level instead of a chapter? That would be so awsome!

ralo229 posted: »

Wasn't that confirmed a while ago? I think I heard somewhere that they wanted to go the American Horror Story route and have the series as a whole be an anthology series with each season having an entirely different story and characters.

• It does contrast somewhat, and not in a positive way, with the characters' body animations which were motion captured and as a result look a hell of a lot better.

AChicken posted: »

Yeah, that is one thing that needs to be improved. I hate that everyone seems to be saying "OMNOMNOM" with every word.

• asking for the power to fly might be too much and too soon. i'd still like if the mc could fly though. super strength is a pretty standard power and would be too op inverse. mind reading would be cool or precognition or telekinesis or invisibility.

• Basically.

You mean like Black Mirror but Series level instead of a chapter? That would be so awsome!

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

Looking forward to this. Life is Strange was good but it had room for improvement. I wouldn't mind if we get a new location and protagonist but keep the same time bending mechanics from the previous game.

• Max's power was never used and it doesn't seem to be supposed to harm people, unlike flight or super streght, that could be used to hurt someone. Also, they're pretty simple powers, while rewinding time forces you to use your imagination to solve puzzles and stuff. You can see the difference.

asking for the power to fly might be too much and too soon. i'd still like if the mc could fly though. super strength is a pretty standard power and would be too op inverse. mind reading would be cool or precognition or telekinesis or invisibility.

• Actually this game is underrated when you compare this to TellTale.

I just feel that this game is TOTALLY AND UTTTERLY overrated. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, sorry.

• I don't know if the ending was "crappy" per say but they defiantly put more effort in Ending A than they did with Ending B. And Ending B kinda leaves the whole affair unresolved because what if the tornado chases them. This game, while I enjoyed it, has a lot of questions that I hope gets answered in Season 2.

Other than that crappy ending...I came to love LiS. I put it behind TWD s1 and 2 and TWAU and TFTBL ...but it is in great territory...but man that ending.

• At least Telltale deserved most of its praise. While LiS is a confusing garbage to me.

No offence.

MatthewPaul posted: »

Actually this game is underrated when you compare this to TellTale.

• I think the biggest problems were their mouths, the characters look as if they struggled to have much control of opening and stretching their lips wide or small enough to properly express their emotions.

Man I remember seeing scenes when the character's didn't even move their face yet they were talking. Look at what a fandom fan made: Then look at the game...

• I know but if you were playing as a kid who was being bullied like kate you could have the option to get back at them or use your power to help them. I'd imagine if kate had powers during her depressed state she'd want to get revenge like carrie or would seriously contemplate it.

Max's power was never used and it doesn't seem to be supposed to harm people, unlike flight or super streght, that could be used to hurt som

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

InstantShippingIsStupid

I like and agree with your username.

asking for the power to fly might be too much and too soon. i'd still like if the mc could fly though. super strength is a pretty standard power and would be too op inverse. mind reading would be cool or precognition or telekinesis or invisibility.

• They better make plots with the whole explanation because Life is Strange is full of plot points that went NOWHERE.

• "Deserved most of its praise"? That seems to be a very perspective nowadays.

At least Telltale deserved most of its praise. While LiS is a confusing garbage to me. No offence.

• I don't think violent powers are the problem. Simple powers are. A power that forces you to use imagination could be, say, being able to recall past events with perfect presition, or maybe if you want to go all Carrie you could ather other people's emotions, Mistborn style, and make them all kill each other, or seduce them into being nice to you or doing favors they wouldn't do in normal situacions.

Um, in Season 1 the protagonist was a pacifist and the sidekick was all guns and weed. It would be nice to see the exact opposite in the next game, a wild protagonist and a deuteragonist so innocent that makes you feel guilty for being so savage and acts as moral compass d-dID YOU JUST MAKE THE COP FART TO DEATH AGAIN!? I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S IMPRESSIVE OR SAD YOU DON'T GET PIZZA TONIGHT

I know but if you were playing as a kid who was being bullied like kate you could have the option to get back at them or use your power to h

• thank you. I like your username and how unique your name is. and the way your avatar looks. that's also unique looking.

InstantShippingIsStupid I like and agree with your username.

• if the mc had powers like jodie that would be cool. or powers like mystique.

I don't think violent powers are the problem. Simple powers are. A power that forces you to use imagination could be, say, being able to rec

• THIS. the tornado should have been scrapped in favor of the Rachel Amber mystery!

I enjoyed Life is Strange for what it was, but I didn't love it. Along with the lackluster ending I felt the game tried to put in too many d

• SFM is a wonderful tool.

Man I remember seeing scenes when the character's didn't even move their face yet they were talking. Look at what a fandom fan made: Then look at the game...

• Neat I guess. I enjoy the first game but I'd be foolish to say it didn't have some major issues, so hopefully this'll be a Spider-Man 2 style sequel, it does everything the first did but 1000x better.

• Life is Strange was one of those games I thought I wouldn't like, but became strangely drawn too after the first episode. I just love the freedom they give that allows you to really explore the environments (something I wish Telltale would do more of). Not to mention their episode lengths were ideal for me.

So excited for Season 2!

• Look, i can read their lips, unlike in the actual game!

• The fandom needs to be hired because that's actually very nicely animated

• I got a email from square enix inviting me to a life is strange 2 discussion/meeting thing I wish I could have gone and I wish I took a screenshot to share on here

• WHAT ARE THEY SAYING!?!?

papai46 posted: »

Look, i can read their lips, unlike in the actual game!

• Exept for Chloe's eyes

They don't deserve to live

bigdogg0821 posted: »

The fandom needs to be hired because that's actually very nicely animated

• Looks like something outta the day 1 version of ME Andromeda.

Exept for Chloe's eyes They don't deserve to live

• I think Max is saying "What?", while Chloe is saying "I dare you, kiss me now".

WHAT ARE THEY SAYING!?!?

• Maybe the sequel will end up looking at the very least as good or better than their first, Remember Me. From a technical standpoint.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

The fandom needs to be hired because that's actually very nicely animated

• It looks like Max is saying "No" but I'm not sure... Chloe's expression surely doesn't say "Kiss me", she looks confused.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I think Max is saying "What?", while Chloe is saying "I dare you, kiss me now".

• The fan animation seems to be based off of this video at 0:41, and the background and Chloe's animation looks almost identical.

It looks like Max is saying "No" but I'm not sure... Chloe's expression surely doesn't say "Kiss me", she looks confused.

• I know, but they don't seem to be saying that. They look annoyed, offender or confused, I don't know. Maybe if you reject Chloe?

The fan animation seems to be based off of this video at 0:41, and the background and Chloe's animation looks almost identical.

• Wow. How come? Did you sign up somewhere or?

I got a email from square enix inviting me to a life is strange 2 discussion/meeting thing I wish I could have gone and I wish I took a screenshot to share on here

• Ah, my mistake.

It's probably because the emotions on their faces seem a little more expressive than the original, but out of context their facial expressions could be interpreted as anything since it's a fan animation.

I wonder if there's more to see, or if that's all the creator had made for both Max and Chloe?

I know, but they don't seem to be saying that. They look annoyed, offender or confused, I don't know. Maybe if you reject Chloe?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ah, my mistake. It's probably because the emotions on their faces seem a little more expressive than the original, but out of context the

• I was signed up to the SE mail list since before LIS was announced and im a uk citizen. I guess it was a focus group, I've always wanted to be involved in the planning of a game like that but it was in london so I couldn't go :(

I got the email 2-3 months ago I think

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Wow. How come? Did you sign up somewhere or?

• Cheers.

A shame that they seemed to have stopped, since the images are more than a year old. I would have liked to see more.

Here's the person who made it I believe http://tddkart.tumblr.com/post/138596973716/life-is-strange-rendered-in-source-filmmaker-here

• There is this though.

Cheers. A shame that they seemed to have stopped, since the images are more than a year old. I would have liked to see more.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.